PDA

View Full Version : Best sorcerer has been hacked.

TuMadreee
07-01-2013, 07:05 PM
I am not willing to say the name, although it is true. I wanted to know if there is a way to track IP adresses of some sort and find the hackers? My friend over here lost 50mil+ as well as an account that has been around since the game was firstly launched. This is entirely heartbreaking and definitely gives me a reason to give up on such games.

-tumaa.

Frday
07-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Really sad news if true. He is one of the nicest players around as well as one of the best.

Yuri Ramos
07-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Who?

Linkincena
07-02-2013, 12:53 AM
Is it Smoller?

Valsacar
07-02-2013, 03:45 AM
That word, "hacked" gets thrown around far too often. Either he let someone use his account, or left it logged in (gmail, fb, whatever, if you're logged in then you can get in the game). Perhaps he had a weak password that someone was able to guess. I know it's sad, but really it's just a matter of poor personal security practices.

He can contact STS support and perhaps they can give back the character. Not sure if they would restore anything, besides access to the account.

TuMadreee
07-02-2013, 11:53 AM
If there was any tracking method, tracking trades or when others gift eachother items... STS might not be able to do much, the character was deleted after the user saw what had happened. I reserved the name with a separate toon, but that was all I could do.

Oksert
07-04-2013, 09:04 AM
Best sorcerer?
i've ever seen best sorcerer in this game, Rasi
is it Rasi?

Tama Kino
07-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Its not Rasi, I was just playing with him earlier & no mention of anything like that plus I don't think the person meant Rasi either. No disrespect to Rasi as he introduced ME to this game but I'm quite sure they are talking about someone else.

Rare
07-04-2013, 06:00 PM
"Hacked"?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Myodda
07-04-2013, 06:34 PM
hacked what exactly?

joshtheboss
07-04-2013, 07:58 PM
"Hacked"?

They might have actually gotten hacked you never know.

Rare
07-04-2013, 08:29 PM
They might have actually gotten hacked you never know.

you don't get "hacked" in this game. Do you know what the probability of someone randomly guessing your email AND your password is?

joshtheboss
07-04-2013, 09:59 PM
you don't get "hacked" in this game. Do you know what the probability of someone randomly guessing your email AND your password is?

If they know your email from elsewhere it's entirely possible to find your password using a brute force tool.

Rare
07-04-2013, 10:17 PM
If they know your email from elsewhere it's entirely possible to find your password using a brute force tool.

Dont give it out and they wont know it. Pretty sure there are messages that display every... single... time... you log in.

Second, adding just a small bit of security can prevent those tools from working well.

Moral of the story, they should never have your account email address. Period.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

joshtheboss
07-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Dont give it out and they wont know it. Pretty sure there are messages that display every... single... time... you log in.

Second, adding just a small bit of security can prevent those tools from working well.

Moral of the story, they should never have your account email address. Period.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So people can't give out their email addresses o.O. This whole time I thought that's what they were for oh well silly me.

gundamsone
07-05-2013, 12:08 AM
it's really hard to get "hacked" when the log in user name is your e-mail which you should never give out to anyone

joshtheboss
07-05-2013, 01:02 AM
it's really hard to get "hacked" when the log in user name is your e-mail which you should never give out to anyone

Although I doubt this guy quy/gal actually got hacked I'm just putting it out there that you cant always dismiss these stories as false. Also some people give their email to other people so they can you know email them.

Linkincena
07-05-2013, 02:42 AM
Is it Rasi or Smoller?
Both 12800 APs Rank 1

Saw Smoller play yesterday in PVP..
Didn't see Rasi anywhere still .. I think its Rasi

marshmallow
07-05-2013, 08:13 AM
If this is a report, better contact support team.

I find this thread really nonsense. What's the whole point of this?

Justg
07-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Don't give out your email and password. Please contact support.