PDA

View Full Version : Which weapon should I use?

Chaokaban
07-02-2013, 02:21 AM
I just got my first mythic warrior weapon. I'm thinking whether I should use my mythic weapon or my hammer. The mythic weapon gives around 250 health more,50 mana more, DPS 20 plus more while the hammer gives 40 more damage.

Does anyone know which weapon should I use? Thanks.

Wowsome
07-02-2013, 10:06 AM
I like the entombed hammer of warfare, especially for PvP .. I don't know whether mythic sword-shield is better in PvE.

Syylent
07-02-2013, 02:21 PM
I like the entombed hammer of warfare, especially for PvP .. I don't know whether mythic sword-shield is better in PvE.

Have you tried the mythic sword and board in pvp?

Got a Warrior I am bringing up....... not sure I'll be able to get past the 30-31 bump though. Stupid me sold the maul eons ago.

Wowsome
07-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Have you tried the mythic sword and board in pvp?

Got a Warrior I am bringing up....... not sure I'll be able to get past the 30-31 bump though. Stupid me sold the maul eons ago.

I personally haven't .. +dmg of hammer w.r.t. mythic just makes me like it more for PvP .. and got to hear similar feedback from friends.

And good that u sold it .. I would've done the same :) And why bother 30-->31 unless you want to make it main ..

Syylent
07-02-2013, 03:24 PM
I personally haven't .. +dmg of hammer w.r.t. mythic just makes me like it more for PvP .. and got to hear similar feedback from friends.

And good that u sold it .. I would've done the same :) And why bother 30-->31 unless you want to make it main ..

Thanks.

Yeah.. I keep saying that to myself. except I lost some friends in the sale.... people are greedy no matter where they are at... Fortunately they are just pixels.

Friends, only reason is because some friends decided to... Only way i will get there is if they level me though... I am just trying to get to 30.. 30-31? my eyes start to bleed just thinking of it. I guess all the end gamers telling us twinks that it is easy at twink levels made us curious how good they really are. First impressions from those there.... It is the same just with more gear choices and a greater gear discrepancy. Legend-Mythic-Arcane... Cept they gang more at high levels and are more noobish.

My main is level 21 and will always remain there even if he just bangs his head against the stone walls in CTF.

Wowsome
07-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks.

Yeah.. I keep saying that to myself. except I lost some friends in the sale.... people are greedy no matter where they are at... Fortunately they are just pixels.

Friends, only reason is because some friends decided to... Only way i will get there is if they level me though... I am just trying to get to 30.. 30-31? my eyes start to bleed just thinking of it. I guess all the end gamers telling us twinks that it is easy at twink levels made us curious how good they really are. First impressions from those there.... It is the same just with more gear choices and a greater gear discrepancy. Legend-Mythic-Arcane... Cept they gang more at high levels and are more noobish.

My main is level 21 and will always remain there even if he just bangs his head against the stone walls in CTF.

I have occasionally entered 31 PvP, and it's not worth the crazy XP grinding. What you said is true, but there are few exceptional players.

Cheers to L21, haters gonna hate.

Spects
07-02-2013, 05:03 PM
In my experience I got more kills with the entombed hammer but lost many games.
Whereas I survived longer when using my mythic sword and got less kills but could help my team more.

Apparently you didn`t spend much time at endgame PvP Wowsome. There are many exceptional players.
As a full time twinker and endgame player myself I can also state that the maturity level at endgame is MUCH higher at endgame than at
twink lvls. I have yet too see someone saying 'SIT', 'ZZZZ', 'U suck' etc. at endgame. Can`t say the same about twinks.
And it`s called teamplay not ganging.

Wowsome
07-02-2013, 06:34 PM
To each his own, man. No disrespect whatsoever. Closed on this already :), I don't want to go wildly off-topic.

Taejo
07-02-2013, 07:46 PM
I just got my first mythic warrior weapon. I'm thinking whether I should use my mythic weapon or my hammer. The mythic weapon gives around 250 health more,50 mana more, DPS 20 plus more while the hammer gives 40 more damage.

Does anyone know which weapon should I use? Thanks.

I use a Pavise in PvP, however, my style of playing in PvP may seem a bit unorthodox to many warriors out there. I firmly believe (in this particular game) that my job is to keep my teammates alive, while creating a burden for opposing sorcs and rogues. By this I mean being a pure meat shield while my team burns the other team down, through means of creating a defensive barrier between their DPS and mine. With that being said, I tend to stick with my team. Many will complain endlessly calling this "ganging". This is the first PvP game where I've seen people complain about teamwork in CTF (a team-concept game). Anyway, I simply cannot do the damage necessary to kill others in PvP, while maintaining a pure-tank spec for the PvE element of the game.

However, with the right gear and spec, you can absolutely be what we call a "glass cannon". There are many good warriors out there that can kill as necessary. Hopefully they chime in on this conversation. However, I don't think the Pavise is their weapon of choice. I would say L30 Pit Sword, Abyssal Flamberge, or Entombed Hammer would be your best damage weapons.

Hope this helps a little. I dislike PvP on my warrior in this game - a topic which merits its own thread.

Syylent
07-03-2013, 08:33 AM
I use a Pavise in PvP, however, my style of playing in PvP may seem a bit unorthodox to many warriors out there. I firmly believe (in this particular game) that my job is to keep my teammates alive, while creating a burden for opposing sorcs and rogues. By this I mean being a pure meat shield while my team burns the other team down, through means of creating a defensive barrier between their DPS and mine. With that being said, I tend to stick with my team. Many will complain endlessly calling this "ganging". This is the first PvP game where I've seen people complain about teamwork in CTF (a team-concept game). Anyway, I simply cannot do the damage necessary to kill others in PvP, while maintaining a pure-tank spec for the PvE element of the game.

However, with the right gear and spec, you can absolutely be what we call a "glass cannon". There are many good warriors out there that can kill as necessary. Hopefully they chime in on this conversation. However, I don't think the Pavise is their weapon of choice. I would say L30 Pit Sword, Abyssal Flamberge, or Entombed Hammer would be your best damage weapons.

Hope this helps a little. I dislike PvP on my warrior in this game - a topic which merits its own thread.

Agreed it does merit its own thread...The skill juggernaut come to mind.

Also a very good warrior that I truly admire as an in game friend also stated that a tank should be a tank in pvp at end game. Even at twink levels in a true 5v5 a tank that is tanky changes the game. Although it won't get those precious kills, as you stated he puts a buffer between dps.

A true tank will never get a kill.... sadly pvp is defined by that.

Spects
07-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Just did some more rounds of tdm.
And I would still recommend you the sword.
Like Syylent said the best tanks are not these who deal the most damage rather than
the tanks who manage to keep their team alive.
And I noticed it`s more about timing than weapon if you wanna get kills.

Excuses
07-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Same but different question.

I'm using AT by chance... -_- and I feel some cd time in the middle of fight..

Which weapon is the best for pvp?
Hammer, mythic or abyssal?

Taejo
07-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Same but different question.

I'm using AT by chance... -_- and I feel some cd time in the middle of fight..

Which weapon is the best for pvp?
Hammer, mythic or abyssal?

Not trying to sound rude but did you read the entire thread? There is no 'magical' weapon that dominates in PvP - it all depends on your play style. But a few of us have already gone over the core concept of what we feel a warrior should be doing in PvP. You should be able to determine for yourself which weapon best suits you.

Excuses
07-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Not trying to sound rude but did you read the entire thread? There is no 'magical' weapon that dominates in PvP - it all depends on your play style. But a few of us have already gone over the core concept of what we feel a warrior should be doing in PvP. You should be able to determine for yourself which weapon best suits you.

Well. I am not asking which is the 'magic' weapon for pvp, but asking which weapon would make better overall dmg with AT + it's Cd.
I have hammer but it's kind of slow during cd. So asking if dps weapons work better or not.
Is that too much to ask some opinion before I spend 2m on abyssal or 1m for mythic to just try?

Read what I am asking first.

Taejo
07-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Well. I am not asking which is the 'magic' weapon for pvp, but asking which weapon would make better overall dmg with AT + it's Cd.
I have hammer but it's kind of slow during cd. So asking if dps weapons work better or not.
Is that too much to ask some opinion before I spend 2m on abyssal or 1m for mythic to just try?

I did read what you're asking - and again, this question is already answered if you read the entire thread. On a side note, DMG is what effects a skill's damage output, not DPS. DPS is when you press the auto attack button and swing your weapon normally. So whichever weapon gives you the most DMG is what will make AT and CS a more powerful skill to use. You're better off using a Pavise.

By the way, Abyssal is not 2m so maybe shop around for a better price on that :)

Excuses
07-07-2013, 11:39 AM
-_-
I know what dmg and dps.. if you don't know what I mean, please don't answer.

Taejo
07-07-2013, 07:34 PM
I know what dmg and dps.. if you don't know what I mean, please don't answer.

OK, your original post:

Ok, well, obviously you're not being very clear because no one else is responding to you. I'm trying to help you here. What I am reading is you asking which weapon will do the most damage with AT + cool down intervals. If you're going to be autoattacking in between AT's cooldown, then the answer is: whichever weapon boosts your DPS the highest. If you're going to use only other skills in between AT's cooldown, then the answer is: whichever weapon boosts your DAMAGE the highest. But you already knew that, you said.

So, go to the CS and see how the different weapons effect your stats. Or, you can use the below link which is a stat calculator. Good luck.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?77340-AL-Stat-Calculator-AL-StatCalculators-com

ShadowGunX
07-08-2013, 02:45 AM
i feel like dps also effects the speed of charging auto atcks. when charging auto atck using hammer(any hammer) it takes so mch time to fully charge comparing using sword/shield (any high dps)

Excuses
07-08-2013, 08:59 AM
i feel like dps also effects the speed of charging auto atcks. when charging auto atck using hammer(any hammer) it takes so mch time to fully charge comparing using sword/shield (any high dps)

I was waiting the answer like this. Real user experience.
I know what you are saying teaejo. I am asking 'overall' dmg. Skill + auto attack. Hammer is sooo slow(dmg weapon), so asking if less dmg + high dps make overall better dmg and better performance in pvp.
And not many ppl might test AT + those weapon. I didn't really expect full answers.
Thanks for trying to answer. But that's not what I am asking.

@ shadow
I have noticed too. Hard to cancel other's skill.
I heard aby is 'slow' too. I don't figure what it means tho.

Bovark
07-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Storm sword of Assault... best sword with Entombed Hammer of Warfare.

The mythic sword is useless without the armor and helmet.

Jxmaa
07-12-2013, 05:01 AM
So.i have tried both weapons :) i think Vigilant is bad ahahh..if u wanna use it u are able to farm with it :) on pvp u may get more armor but u lose a huge amount of damage ... for pvp entombed hammer of warfare is your best choice as u have high dmg and a small but helpful amount of armor :) Would Suggest you to get a storm sword for some farm and use ur entombed on pvp

Tama Kino
07-12-2013, 07:26 AM
Well I thought I would chime in with my 5 cents worth, my main tOOn is 'Tama Kino' which is a level 31 Warrior. When I use him for PvE (Kraken Mine runs) I will normally use my level 31 Storm Sword of Potency, I will normally equip my Leprechaun Pendant in the Amulet slot and get a 'Loot reroll elixir' for 4 plat as the locked crate drop is just crazy. I also have 'Ullers Antiquated Plate of Savvy' equipped so thats basically what I use for what I call "Crazy Kraken Loot Mine Runs", as for PvP I have to go with my 'Entombed Hammer of Warfare' and switch out the 'Leprechaun Pendant' for my 'Arcane Pendant of Potency' level 31. Your question is rather simple in that you ask which weapon should I use, unfortunately you dont mention what you want to use that weapon for, if using it for PvE I would say go for it, why not. It looks good with your little aura circle around you, gives you quite a few bonuses and helps quite a bit but dont bother bringing it out in PvP. Warriors have to rely on getting out as much damage as possible on one target only, thats my path I follow in PvP and it works quite well with my K/D ratio having a higher Kill rate then Death.

I also twink with my level 21 warrior called 'Warmongerz' and as someone stated earlier, the maturity in endgame PvP is a lot better then in the lower level PvP arenas. I also find it funny when people complain about teamwork in CTF and start calling it ganging but dont get me wrong, I wont allow myself to get farmed continuosly either, the answer is quite simple. You leave...

Killingsworth
07-12-2013, 09:38 AM
My two cents as a warrior who regularly farms elite maps -- I use the Vigilant Pavise to tank mobs upwards of 20 enemies at once, in which case, the additional armor and health are much more valuable to me than DMG alone. As a warrior in PvE your job is to keep your low armor, low health damage dealers alive at all costs. High DMG/DPS warriors are only beneficial in PvP and in my personal experience I like to use the L31 Storm Sword of Assault because of the high DPS -- I have yet to spend the money on L31 Entombed Hammer of Warfare.

TL;DR Use the Mythic Sword for end-game elite farming. Use a high DMG/DPS weapon for PvP if you want kills or Mythic Sword if you want your team to get kills.

Excuses
07-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Hmm.

I did mention it's for pvp. =)

I don't do lots of elite, and hammer warfare works ok too for me.
Any abyssal pvp user?

Alrisaia
07-12-2013, 01:43 PM
My two cents as a warrior who regularly farms elite maps -- I use the Vigilant Pavise to tank mobs upwards of 20 enemies at once, in which case, the additional armor and health are much more valuable to me than DMG alone. As a warrior in PvE your job is to keep your low armor, low health damage dealers alive at all costs. High DMG/DPS warriors are only beneficial in PvP and in my personal experience I like to use the L31 Storm Sword of Assault because of the high DPS -- I have yet to spend the money on L31 Entombed Hammer of Warfare.

TL;DR Use the Mythic Sword for end-game elite farming. Use a high DMG/DPS weapon for PvP if you want kills or Mythic Sword if you want your team to get kills.

I can vouch for Killingsworth that he's a fantastic tank, and is a valuable member of elite parties when we’re farming the harder maps. When he mentioned 20+ MOBs at once he's not exaggerating. For our groups the way we see it – the more the merrier when the top performers of our guild are running. He holds agro like a champ even at the boss despite being way outperformed with actual damage output by our DPSers… and we don’t usually die when trashmob clearing unless someone lags out.

No offense Warriors but damage output for warriors leaves something to be desired – I doubt I’m saying anything you guys don’t already know. In my opinion, Warriors should in order to effectively help your party the best way they can, concentrate on the following and in this priority:
Hold Aggro
Stay Alive
Stay Alive
Oh and… Stay Alive.

If the tank dies - the party dies (or Kites until the tank gets back)…

Alrisaia
07-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Hmm.

I did mention it's for pvp. =)

I don't do lots of elite, and hammer warfare works ok too for me.
Any abyssal pvp user?

LOL just read this...

Rajnikanth
07-12-2013, 02:46 PM
so OP mentioned about pvp weapon.
if u can afford use abys warfare. or entom warfare

Rajnikanth
07-12-2013, 02:49 PM
I can vouch for Killingsworth that he's a fantastic tank, and is a valuable member of elite parties when we’re farming the harder maps. When he mentioned 20+ MOBs at once he's not exaggerating. For our groups the way we see it – the more the merrier when the top performers of our guild are running. He holds agro like a champ even at the boss despite being way outperformed with actual damage output by our DPSers… and we don’t usually die when trashmob clearing unless someone lags out.

No offense Warriors but damage output for warriors leaves something to be desired – I doubt I’m saying anything you guys don’t already know. In my opinion, Warriors should in order to effectively help your party the best way they can, concentrate on the following and in this priority:
Hold Aggro
Stay Alive
Stay Alive
Oh and… Stay Alive.

If the tank dies - the party dies (or Kites until the tank gets back)…

mythic sword is best in elite maps if one has jugg in skillset.
i bet Kill has jugg skill or rally cry skill.

inkredible
07-15-2013, 01:41 AM
hammer for pvp, mythic sword for pve - tanking

Tama Kino
07-16-2013, 08:59 AM
hammer for pvp, mythic sword for pve - tanking

Thank you, that wasnt hard at all now was it...

keikali
07-16-2013, 09:50 AM
I use Storm Sword of Potency (extra mana boost) for PvP and Mythic Sword for PvE (sometimes PvP for the hell of it).

Excuses
07-17-2013, 11:40 AM
No opinion about abyssal, anyone?

MoloToha
07-18-2013, 02:34 AM
I think, if you use VB in PvP, it's better to use hammer or abyssal flamberge of warfare, because you don't worry about mana and you can do tons of damage, but if you have Juggernaut, you worry about mana a lot, so you should use storm sword of potency for additional mana (it's recommended to use int passive, too). Of course, nexus or konga solve this problem, but i prefer to use Loki in PvP due to his +15% damage and heal arcane ability (or george to stun in 1v1). Mythic weapon is awful for farming kills, only for flagging... Abyssal flamberge of warfare has same stats as entombed hammer of warfare 30lvl but has high dps instead of damage, so you choose by yourself between dps or damage...

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
07-23-2013, 02:52 AM
I have been browsing and lurking from thread to thread here in AL and having read all your opinions on weapons, It's like dawning in me that the "BEST WEAPON" in my humble opinion (arcane and mythics aside) is still your good 'ol trusty Storm Sword (of potency). You ask me why, lemme break it down for you.

First of all, I've been a "warrior" all my life. I've played several MMORPG's and I always like being the brute last-man-standing type of guy. I've played FLYFF, Diablo, WoW, etc and I never opted to be another player other than the Knight, Barbarian, or Warrior. Having that said, I have observed how your usual all-str, all-melee, smash all you can warrior evolved into a skill using combo freak. And, unlike your usual pure-meat shield no damage tank type, I somewhat deviated and made a build of my own which is the off-tank warrior type. This one still has enough meat in him to taunt the aggro when the primary tank dies until he gets back up again. Again, why did I make this type of Warrior? Because, as awesome as it may to be the last man standing/party keeper, we all know how BORING it is to just get all the beating and watch your party kill all those who try to kill you. Another thing is that,Pure-tanks outnumber off-tanks more than 10:1 so why worry about being the main tank, someones always there to take care of the aggro.

Now going back to the weapon, I earlier said that the SS is better than the hammers. Why? I'll do my best to be very very understandable for this build has baffled lots of critics. lets put it this way...

• Entombed Hammer • (about 220 dmg at 180 dps)
- High Damage, - Slow attack speed, - Low DPS

• Storm Sword • (about 200 dmg at 225 dps)
- Ample Damage, - Good attack speed, - High DPS (+mana Bonus)

When using entombed, you always go for the killing shot since you have high damaged coupled with a skill (and perhaps critical) but after using a skill, you have to wait a bit longer to charge it. and since its not applicable to be used for normal attack since its too slow, you become quite mana dependent, which is lacking in most good damaging hammers. only the crap hammers have mana bonuses.

When using the Storm Sword (of potency), aside from its faster to charge, since your DPS is good, you won't have to rely much on mana to do ample damage. but instead, you can do several "cheap shots" in between skills. and what makes it better is it usually gives more HP and Mana meaning it will take a li'l bit longer for you to get killed while also getting into the action instead of just sitting and watching your teamates kill those who try to kill you. Plus, if you are good enough, you could always save your mana for heals or the last killing shot instead of using it on every attack then running around in circles once your mana rans out.

Not only that but I also see the SS being more useful in PvE due to its DPS advantage.

Again, these are all my opinion based on my observation. I could be wrong but so far, this is what works for me. My hammer is quickly turning into a thing just for shows but I think the SS is really a good but underrated weapon.

Edit: I refrain from considering abyssal since its too freakin' expensive. But yeah, if you can have one, go for it. :p

Crowsfoot
07-30-2013, 01:52 AM
If you have around 1400armor and 4k HP with entomed warfare is use hammer, that's what I have and I rarely die wen only tank in run. If your only "elite" item is your mythic sword, by all means, use. Warrs are tanks in AL damage is an after thought unless you play heavy PvP.

Crowsfoot
07-30-2013, 01:57 AM
I have been browsing and lurking from thread to thread here in AL and having read all your opinions on weapons, It's like dawning in me that the "BEST WEAPON" in my humble opinion (arcane and mythics aside) is still your good 'ol trusty Storm Sword (of potency). You ask me why, lemme break it down for you.

First of all, I've been a "warrior" all my life. I've played several MMORPG's and I always like being the brute last-man-standing type of guy. I've played FLYFF, Diablo, WoW, etc and I never opted to be another player other than the Knight, Barbarian, or Warrior. Having that said, I have observed how your usual all-str, all-melee, smash all you can warrior evolved into a skill using combo freak. And, unlike your usual pure-meat shield no damage tank type, I somewhat deviated and made a build of my own which is the off-tank warrior type. This one still has enough meat in him to taunt the aggro when the primary tank dies until he gets back up again. Again, why did I make this type of Warrior? Because, as awesome as it may to be the last man standing/party keeper, we all know how BORING it is to just get all the beating and watch your party kill all those who try to kill you. Another thing is that,Pure-tanks outnumber off-tanks more than 10:1 so why worry about being the main tank, someones always there to take care of the aggro.

Now going back to the weapon, I earlier said that the SS is better than the hammers. Why? I'll do my best to be very very understandable for this build has baffled lots of critics. lets put it this way...

• Entombed Hammer • (about 220 dmg at 180 dps)
- High Damage, - Slow attack speed, - Low DPS

• Storm Sword • (about 200 dmg at 225 dps)
- Ample Damage, - Good attack speed, - High DPS (+mana Bonus)

When using entombed, you always go for the killing shot since you have high damaged coupled with a skill (and perhaps critical) but after using a skill, you have to wait a bit longer to charge it. and since its not applicable to be used for normal attack since its too slow, you become quite mana dependent, which is lacking in most good damaging hammers. only the crap hammers have mana bonuses.

When using the Storm Sword (of potency), aside from its faster to charge, since your DPS is good, you won't have to rely much on mana to do ample damage. but instead, you can do several "cheap shots" in between skills. and what makes it better is it usually gives more HP and Mana meaning it will take a li'l bit longer for you to get killed while also getting into the action instead of just sitting and watching your teamates kill those who try to kill you. Plus, if you are good enough, you could always save your mana for heals or the last killing shot instead of using it on every attack then running around in circles once your mana rans out.

Not only that but I also see the SS being more useful in PvE due to its DPS advantage.

Again, these are all my opinion based on my observation. I could be wrong but so far, this is what works for me. My hammer is quickly turning into a thing just for shows but I think the SS is really a good but underrated weapon.

Edit: I refrain from considering abyssal since its too freakin' expensive. But yeah, if you can have one, go for it. :p

Fact: if only difference in gear was my entombed hammer of warfare and your storm sword you would lose 1v1. My armor from hammer is enough to make it preferable in elite (not to mention proc that debuffs boss heavily). I only agree that abyssal is smart for clearing mobs (similar to how a rouge uses daggers on mobs, but bow on boss). However, as you mentioned, price is a factor in whether you purchase an abyssal.