PDA

View Full Version : So I lagged and hatched Glacian...

gundamsone
07-02-2013, 09:41 PM
was trying to switch pets in pvp, dissmiss/resummon, instead clicked inventory and hit open chest...(since the buttons in the same position)

20m gone T_T

*Just to clarify, I made this thread few minutes after I hatched it. (I guess the logs in their system could prove that)
It's not like I had a one week trial run with it and in no way am I abusing the support system.

I've submitted 2 support tickets within a few days of each other and to my surprise the ticker #'s were 2k+ apart.
Imagine how busy STS support is with all the tickets.

Ultimately this is still my mistake, and I will fully respect STS's decision in the end.*

razerfingers
07-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Ouch. No worries you have gold cap ;)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mallinckrodt
07-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Congrats hahah I know many are laughing right now

gundamsone
07-02-2013, 09:47 PM
I was patiently anticipating the 3rd arcane pet...b/c honestly the first 2 don't amuse me statwise

Congrats hahah I know many are laughing right now
yea...41m gun by accident..prob expired 58m hammer...and now this...

pretty bad week for me *cries*

razerfingers
07-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Lol still sucks thoe

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall via tapatalk 4 beta

Xbuddyjosh
07-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Thought u alrdy hatched glacian? When he came out?

gundamsone
07-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Thought u alrdy hatched glacian? When he came out?
in a pvp game when i tried to run in the other teams spawn room...grabbing my ribbit out to abuse it then bam..it hatched lol

i've met craters who've looted and accidently hatched arcane pets on their lower toon acc's as well (since top slots in inventory go by rarity).
I guess it happens to unlucky folks every now and then

Delphina
07-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Contact us at support@spacetimestudios.com and explain the issue.

Bebsi
07-02-2013, 11:33 PM
I was hoping to buy it from u soon T.T
Sry for ur loss, let's see what support can do...

Ebezaanec
07-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Maybe they should implement a lock system in the inventory, so that "locked items" cannot be liquidated or hatched until you yourself unlock it. Just a thought.

JaytB
07-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Pretty sure that support will help you out with this.

Zanpakuto
07-03-2013, 01:09 AM
Support will take care of u!

Energizeric
07-03-2013, 03:10 AM
Yeah, support will fix it for you. I'm just surprised with all that gold you haven't hatched one of those arcane eggs just for the achievement LOL

Nitamana
07-03-2013, 03:55 AM
Delphina, will sts (1) change that glacian back to egg or (2) just want a bug (suggestion) report? If the first case, there will be a lot of requests on something like "plat return from accidentally pet purchase" -thanks

Dan Pan
07-03-2013, 05:34 AM
Hatching a glacian on ur char ain't that bad love :) time to put the goodies on u instead of selling everything.

keikali
07-03-2013, 07:57 AM
I was there when Love hatched it! In the PvP match and then outside he was with a Glacian.

Hope STS can fix it for you Love!

Zanpakuto
07-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Hatching a glacian on ur char ain't that bad love :) time to put the goodies on u instead of selling everything.

Haha that is not the philosophy of merching!

drgrimmy
07-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Maybe they should implement a lock system in the inventory, so that "locked items" cannot be liquidated or hatched until you yourself unlock it. Just a thought.

I really like this idea and have suggested it in the past in PL. There have been occasions where people have accidently liquidated discontinued and very expensive items that were not legendary (eg they were white or green) when they were liquidating other non legendary junk items after a fariming run. I am always paranoid about liquidating an expensive item, especially since it appears that you can only buy back the last 5 or so items that you have liquidated if you made a mistake. Please STS, put a lock on items in the inventory preventing you from liquidating (or in this case opening) them by mistake!

Doomshadowx
07-03-2013, 09:42 PM
When i saw that 41 mil gun on cs i thought you were trolling the auction house just for the lulz.

drgrimmy
07-03-2013, 09:46 PM
When i saw that 41 mil gun on cs i thought you were trolling the auction house just for the lulz.

Haha, I remember the occasional torch listed in the cs in PL for a gold cap just because someone had the disposable gold to do so and wanted to prove that point to everyone else in the game.

Ebezaanec
07-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Haha, I remember the occasional torch listed in the cs in PL for a gold cap just because someone had the disposable gold to do so and wanted to prove that point to everyone else in the game.

I remember that happening a lot. That caused a couple of new players to suddenly farm torches and start spamming in Balefort.

Bebsi
07-04-2013, 12:09 AM
It was an easy way to transfer money if u didn't have two devices ^_^

xcainnblecterx
07-04-2013, 12:22 AM

And for some reason people will pay 500 each for em. Its not a lot of gold but when your running that area and pick up 20+ it makes a nice amount

HAX
07-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Inventory and stable are completely different spots so please don't make up stories :) just say you opened it easier right

Spyce
07-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Dang..

Cremated
07-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Spart, They are next ti eachother, he obviously wouldnt of hatched an made this up. I heard something about hacking with you spart, about Boldeagle.

mokdaddd
07-04-2013, 05:45 PM
dont worry love sts will help you :)

chitgoks
07-05-2013, 07:20 AM
think im in the same predicament. while playing i suddenly noticed my plat lacking 15.

couldnt figure out how then i realized thru a bit of lag i might have accidentally opened a crate.

sigh.. emailed sts i hope they reply. but i dont think i did cuz i never got any pinks. but then again its the only logical explanation why i lost 15 plat all of a sudden.

i never open crates... so 15 plat is worth a lot to me. tsk

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

iike
07-05-2013, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure if this is possible, I mean, maybe you regretted opening it and made up this whole story. (I hope not.)

I mean, come on, if you're lag, it does not freeze your screen instead it'll just be as smooth as normal. Or perhaps you were in such a hurry and carelessness occured.

Sorry, this is the reason why some people who did have push-button accidents can't get refunds because devs won't believe these kind of stories anymore.

I hope you're telling the truth and that really is such a great loss.

Cremated
07-05-2013, 10:05 AM
I'm not sure if this is possible, I mean, maybe you regretted opening it and made up this whole story. (I hope not.)

I mean, come on, if you're lag, it does not freeze your screen instead it'll just be as smooth as normal. Or perhaps you were in such a hurry and carelessness occured.

Sorry, this is the reason why some people who did have push-button accidents can't get refunds because devs won't believe these kind of stories anymore.

I hope you're telling the truth and that really is such a great loss.

I know it probably is hard to bieleve, i have hatched a few eggs while pvp because as i said they are next to eachother and when your fast youll click summon which is same place as open :D

Zeus
07-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Inventory and stable are completely different spots so please don't make up stories :) just say you opened it easier right

Hello,

Your in game attitude is rather rude and demeaning as well. Let's keep the flame baited comments on forums down, shall we? I believe you to be mature enough to handle that.

chitgoks
07-05-2013, 11:44 AM
I know it probably is hard to bieleve, i have hatched a few eggs while pvp because as i said they are next to eachother and when your fast youll click summon which is same place as open :D

i guess the safest way to avoid this is to put them in stash

Energizeric
07-05-2013, 11:58 AM
think im in the same predicament. while playing i suddenly noticed my plat lacking 15.

couldnt figure out how then i realized thru a bit of lag i might have accidentally opened a crate.

sigh.. emailed sts i hope they reply. but i dont think i did cuz i never got any pinks. but then again its the only logical explanation why i lost 15 plat all of a sudden.

A couple of points:

1) Crates no longer give a guaranteed pink, so you could have gotten just gold from it and maybe not noticed.

2) It's not reasonable for you to expect STS to refund money for crates opened "accidentally". If they did there would be a flood of people claiming this after they opened their crates and didn't get a mythic/arcane item.

3) The OP opened an egg, so obviously one would know what to expect when opening an egg. There is no chance to get a better item in this case. So if he says he did it by accident then STS should believe him. There is no reason I can think of to hatch an egg and then say you did so by accident unless it was true. It's not like you can even use the pet for much unless you level it up.

Numismatic
07-05-2013, 03:44 PM

I really like this idea and have suggested it in the past in PL. There have been occasions where people have accidently liquidated discontinued and very expensive items that were not legendary (eg they were white or green) when they were liquidating other non legendary junk items after a fariming run. I am always paranoid about liquidating an expensive item, especially since it appears that you can only buy back the last 5 or so items that you have liquidated if you made a mistake. Please STS, put a lock on items in the inventory preventing you from liquidating (or in this case opening) them by mistake!

Even if you liquidate the item today yesterday or 3 years ago, you can still get it back. Sts keeps logs of ALL items in your accounts, each item has a number designated to it. It helps them keep track of where items came from and where they went. If you honestly remember the item and had it in your inventory. Simply email them it and the will retrieve it for you. I have done it and when I was looking for items ihad many friends who have had items email sts and got them back and sell them to me. So I helped them they helped me. They made some money and I got what I wanted :)

Ebezaanec
07-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Even if you liquidate the item today yesterday or 3 years ago, you can still get it back. Sts keeps logs of ALL items in your accounts, each item has a number designated to it. It helps them keep track of where items came from and where they went. If you honestly remember the item and had it in your inventory. Simply email them it and the will retrieve it for you. I have done it and when I was looking for items ihad many friends who have had items email sts and got them back and sell them to me. So I helped them they helped me. They made some money and I got what I wanted :)

That may be so, but it is still a nuisance both to the players and Sts. The lock system would alleviate some of the problems for Sts support, so they could focus on other issues.

Plus its nice to have security, knowing that your prized AL possessions are safe and sound.

ShadowGunX
07-06-2013, 04:46 AM
love did u get ur egg back?

Kraze
07-10-2013, 11:48 PM

A couple of points:

1) Crates no longer give a guaranteed pink, so you could have gotten just gold from it and maybe not noticed.

2) It's not reasonable for you to expect STS to refund money for crates opened "accidentally". If they did there would be a flood of people claiming this after they opened their crates and didn't get a mythic/arcane item.

3) The OP opened an egg, so obviously one would know what to expect when opening an egg. There is no chance to get a better item in this case. So if he says he did it by accident then STS should believe him. There is no reason I can think of to hatch an egg and then say you did so by accident unless it was true. It's not like you can even use the pet for much unless you level it up.

Let's start by just saying some sort of confirmation screen would be nice for eggs and crates. However by the logic used here if the reason you can't refund crates is because you didn't like what you got also apply to an egg? Couldn't someone open an egg and go "meh I'd rather have the gold!" Not saying that's what happened here but it's a slippery slope

Ebezaanec
07-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Let's start by just saying some sort of confirmation screen would be nice for eggs and crates. However by the logic used here if the reason you can't refund crates is because you didn't like what you got also apply to an egg? Couldn't someone open an egg and go "meh I'd rather have the gold!" Not saying that's what happened here but it's a slippery slope

How you seen Love's gold cap? He has plenty of gold and I think he has some toons just to store all of it.

Anyways I think Love would actually spend plat for more gold space. ;)

Bless
07-11-2013, 12:41 AM

How you seen Love's gold cap? He has plenty of gold and I think he has some toons just to store all of it.

Anyways I think Love would actually spend plat for more gold space. ;) a glacian would sell for 16m+ so its beneficial for him. Itll get him 150m gold?

Rare
07-11-2013, 08:37 AM

In reality, stable and inventory buttons are right next to eachother. And the summon/open chest buttons are in the exact same spot. sooooooo