PDA

View Full Version : Why buy Lunar pendant?

Linkincena
07-03-2013, 12:13 AM
Check out the stats increase its giving... -.- .. so crazy about it (-.-').. is it worth 8.5 million gold? -.- is it worth being called mythic?

Imjebus
07-03-2013, 02:00 AM
People will buy anything that gives them max dmg it seems like. Since it's mythic, it goes for millions. If it was a pink it would a fairly cheap ring. xD

Linkincena
07-03-2013, 02:05 AM
Lol... its not mythic... it should be epic lol

honki
07-03-2013, 02:31 AM
the lunar pendant is magic guys!! its magic wuoooow :D

Energizeric
07-03-2013, 03:34 AM
If your focus is on damage alone, then I would see your point. For many of us who do PvP, damage is only about a third of the equation of what is important. The biggest improvement in your stat window there is the 120 health, which represents about a 6% increase in health. Put in perspective, that would be just as important as you getting the same 6% increase in damage, which would be around 20 dmg.

Remember in PvP health is just as important as damage. Whoever wins is the one who does not die first. So for example, a 5% increase in health would be better than a 4% increase in damage. Also, you get a nice critical % increase. In fact, that amulet gives you improvements in every category except for dodge. So I'm not really sure what you're complaining about.

I'm guessing you're considering it for a PvE build, because with 2100 health you'd be super squishy in PvP.

One other points I'll add is that it adds 19 STR & 5 INT. If you use the Arcane Shield skill, this gives you a major bump in the amount of damage your shield absorbs. If I remember correctly, the formula is 3.5 x [ (2 x STR) + INT), so that means your shield will absorb an additional 150 damage. That combined with the 120 health increase means you can take 270 more damage before dying.

Linkincena
07-03-2013, 03:53 AM
If your focus is on damage alone, then I would see your point. For many of us who do PvP, damage is only about a third of the equation of what is important. The biggest improvement in your stat window there is the 120 health, which represents about a 6% increase in health. Put in perspective, that would be just as important as you getting the same 6% increase in damage, which would be around 20 dmg.

Remember in PvP health is just as important as damage. Whoever wins is the one who does not die first. So for example, a 5% increase in health would be better than a 4% increase in damage. Also, you get a nice critical % increase. In fact, that amulet gives you improvements in every category except for dodge. So I'm not really sure what you're complaining about.

I'm guessing you're considering it for a PvE build, because with 2100 health you'd be super squishy in PvP.

One other points I'll add is that it adds 19 STR & 5 INT. If you use the Arcane Shield skill, this gives you a major bump in the amount of damage your shield absorbs. If I remember correctly, the formula is 3.5 x [ (2 x STR) + INT), so that means your shield will absorb an additional 150 damage. That combined with the 120 health increase means you can take 270 more damage before dying.

hmmmm.. 270 additional damage absorb... I agree.. its approx 1 more hit absorb.. (n that too if you r lucky with shield on)
However .. don't u think its still too less for survival? hope i am not expecting too much from a mythic :/

If you see the mythic gun .. 45 points in damage increased over top legendary weapon available .. which is Nordr Jewel..
Now i think u understand what i mean?

matanofx
07-03-2013, 03:54 AM
What he said ^^

Im guessing youre comparing it to the infused brooch of assault which in my eyes isnt really good for pvp cause it makes your squishy.

The amu adds a nice crit, alot of demage but i would personally only use it if it had 30str instead of 19.

Linkincena
07-03-2013, 04:07 AM
The amu adds a nice crit, alot of demage but i would personally only use it if it had 30str instead of 19.

Agreed ... 30 STR in mythic amulet would have been good..

Haligali
07-03-2013, 05:46 AM
compared to the superb amulet, it gives +7.7 dmg.

Linkincena
07-03-2013, 05:51 AM
:/ +7.7 .. would u buy for +7.7 hali?

Haligali
07-03-2013, 05:56 AM
Nope didnt buyed, i looted a rogue amu and changed 1-1 with a rogue who looted sorc amu. :)

The problem is the next lvl cap, it will have the same stats as superb brutality lvl35. The situation is not the same as the helmets, there is no helmet with dmg+ so mythic still usable for high dmg.

Linkincena
07-03-2013, 05:57 AM
lol ok

honki
07-03-2013, 06:04 AM
for pvp i only use gleiphnir and im doing good i think :)

Haligali
07-03-2013, 06:15 AM
and dont forget, sts "have plans with the mythics" :D

Linkincena
07-03-2013, 06:25 AM
and dont forget, sts "have plans with the mythics" :D
Like? give a hint...

anibiag
07-03-2013, 06:49 AM
It's better than mythic body imho

Haligali
07-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Like? give a hint...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?91846-Clarifying-Arcane-Hooks-and-Mythic-Helms-In-the-Next-Expansion/page4

Linkincena
07-03-2013, 07:12 AM
I read and understood that...

I wouldn't fret too much about thinking this is an issue right now based on perception of how it will stack up in the new content rather than where it currently lies in the bigger picture. It's very easy to get caught up in the "but it says it's level 26... and we will be 31" mentality and all we can do is ask you to look at the stats and green numbers compared to items in the next expansion, regardless of their usable level.

Its still giving me a faint picture that:
lvl 26 mythics will go waste at lvl 36 cap, lvl 31 mythics will go waste at lvl 41 cap... Arcane weapon would survive till lvl 41 cap and will go obsolete by lvl 46 cap...

Mythic helms and the Hooks will continue to be available in Locked Crates. Hold on to your mythic helms, we haven't unveiled what we're doing with these in the future but they will be worth having.
The above statement is giving picture that holding onto mythics will be good in future... "Future"<--- this word here ... is limited to lvl 31 cap only?

keikali
07-03-2013, 07:41 AM
I think as a mythic item for Ammys/Rings, they should have a WORTHWHILE proc, otherwise this is just an overrated, overpriced, legendary in mythic rarity.

Linkincena
07-03-2013, 08:44 AM
I think as a mythic item for Ammys/Rings, they should have a WORTHWHILE proc, otherwise this is just an overrated, overpriced, legendary in mythic rarity.
Agreed

Cero
07-03-2013, 11:42 AM
i dont like the pendnant

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/pronexus/f1cb2e2af946e819f28efc1184ca214e_zps37bb49d9.jpg

i would go for the ring though..
gives me more str and hp. tanking build
sorc's dmg is fairly enough we just need more survival.

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/pronexus/a8cb476e38857d41df822546a16ab5da_zps477743a3.jpg

Energizeric
07-04-2013, 07:13 PM
hmmmm.. 270 additional damage absorb... I agree.. its approx 1 more hit absorb.. (n that too if you r lucky with shield on)
However .. don't u think its still too less for survival? hope i am not expecting too much from a mythic :/

If you see the mythic gun .. 45 points in damage increased over top legendary weapon available .. which is Nordr Jewel..
Now i think u understand what i mean?

All I can say is this..... I know you have seen me in PvP. You know what I do there. I'm not supremely gifted as a video game player. My "skill" has not much to do with my ability to spam buttons on my iPad. It has to do with my build. That's why I'm always reluctant to share all the specifics of my build with other players. That said, I am telling you that you have to weigh the pros and cons of all gear.

+120 health + 150 more shield protection, + 5.5 dmg (means about 12-15 more damage per skill).

Overall that means if you trade blows with another player you have a 280 more hp advantage. Do you usually win or lose battles by a huge margin of victory? I know there are plenty of times I go up against a rogue or warrior and at some point during the battle I am down to less than 10% health before I manage to heal myself or kill the other player. Or sometimes in a group fight I get killed, but right before I die I take out another player. If I had been killed one hit earlier I would not have managed that. Every little edge helps.

drgrimmy
07-04-2013, 11:40 PM
If you can, get the ring for PvP. The health boost will make you beastly :) Made me almost shed a tear when I sold it....

Linkincena
07-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Lol grimm