PDA

View Full Version : 31 mythic weapon vs 36 pinks weapon(nxt big update)

DexterityX
07-03-2013, 07:08 AM
when 31cap arrive the 26 myth helm still compete to 31 pinks helms.. so just wondering.. are 31 mythic weapons still gonna compete to lvl 36 pinks, or it will be completely unusable bcoz of lacking damage?

what you think guys? devs? if ever read this would be awesome. :)

Linkincena
07-03-2013, 07:15 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?91846-Clarifying-Arcane-Hooks-and-Mythic-Helms-In-the-Next-Expansion/page4

Was reading this... so pasted here for u..

DexterityX
07-03-2013, 07:43 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?91846-Clarifying-Arcane-Hooks-and-Mythic-Helms-In-the-Next-Expansion/page4

that discussion is all about hooks and helms.. im discussing 31 myth weapon VS lvl 36 pinks probobly mythic weapons also.

Cero
07-03-2013, 07:56 AM
because the discussions are only for hooks and myth armors it would cleary mean that there are no plans for myth weapons.....for now..

PS, i think my post might sound rude but i dont mean that way. GDay.

xcainnblecterx
07-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Well seeing as a 26 mythic armor still beats a 31 pink, I would assume a 31 mythic weapon would beat a 36 pink

uriraran
07-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Strongly recommand that we could trade in the mythic to upper level of mythic, e.g. 2 or 3 lvl31 mythic trade in for a lvl 36 mythic.. same for helm, armor

FluffNStuff
07-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Strongly recommand that we could trade in the mythic to upper level of mythic, e.g. 2 or 3 lvl31 mythic trade in for a lvl 36 mythic.. same for helm, armor

I'll remember you said that ;)

Zanpakuto
07-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Hooks should be also scaled along with mythics because it would suck for someone to loot hooks / hammer in the next expansion only to find out that they're not very useful anymore. I mean if arcane pets keep leveling, it makes no sense that arcane weapons don't.

At any rate, they have promised that mythics would be a allowed to be turned in for a upgraded set although they're pretty hush hush on that lately. I bet STS is worried that if weapons are scalable, people would stop buying platinum to open crates! Simple fix.... Make it cost 1000plat to upgrade the mythic and arcane weapons! People that have them surely won't mind paying to upgrade.

drgrimmy
07-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Hooks should be also scaled along with mythics because it would suck for someone to loot hooks / hammer in the next expansion only to find out that they're not very useful anymore. I mean if arcane pets keep leveling, it makes no sense that arcane weapons don't.

At any rate, they have promised that mythics would be a allowed to be turned in for a upgraded set although they're pretty hush hush on that lately. I bet STS is worried that if weapons are scalable, people would stop buying platinum to open crates! Simple fix.... Make it cost 1000plat to upgrade the mythic and arcane weapons! People that have them surely won't mind paying to upgrade.

I doubt that it will be a simple trade in for gold or plat to upgrade mythic items, if we are going to be able to upgrade them at all. Having all of the current mythic items the best items in the game again next season with just some minor upgrades would break the game. All the top players would have nothing to work towards and the pve portion of the game/farming would literally die. I at least know that i would lose all incentive to do any more farming. As has been suggested before, if there is going to be an option to upgrade, I think it would have to be a system in which you have to farm for/obtain items required to upgrade the mythic gear. This would keep an incentive for people to farm for gear.

uriraran
07-03-2013, 11:36 AM
I doubt that it will be a simple trade in for gold or plat to upgrade mythic items, if we are going to be able to upgrade them at all. Having all of the current mythic items the best items in the game again next season with just some minor upgrades would break the game. All the top players would have nothing to work towards and the pve portion of the game/farming would literally die. I at least know that i would lose all incentive to do any more farming. As has been suggested before, if there is going to be an option to upgrade, I think it would have to be a system in which you have to farm for/obtain items required to upgrade the mythic gear. This would keep an incentive for people to farm for gear.

How could it possibly to do with your farming incentive. You farm for top legendary.. mythic and arcance are from opening crates!!! people spend real money for it.

drgrimmy
07-03-2013, 11:49 AM
How could it possibly to do with your farming incentive. You farm for top legendary.. mythic and arcance are from opening crates!!! people spend real money for it.

With how things are curently set up there is no incentive to farm for legendary gear. If all this game was about was farming for and opening crates, then this game would become very boring indeed, although I frequently believe that this game is heading in this direction. If this became the case, i think a lot more customers would stop playing this game, perhaps including myself. I would have to say that the pve aspect of the game has become very stale this season with no real incentive to farm for legendary items at the moment.

Rare
07-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Well seeing as a 26 mythic armor still beats a 31 pink, I would assume a 31 mythic weapon would beat a 36 pink

If that is the case, especially with the mythic bow, the 36 bows would have to be almost identical in stats to the 31 bows.

Unless they buff the mythics.

katish
07-03-2013, 12:33 PM
I think that we should be able to make 1 or 2 upgrades in any mythic/arcane items life with farmable items as was suggested. Make it a tough quest. Considering an average of 2/3 months per expansion, it's a huge investment to last only 2- months as we anticipate will be the case with hooks. You could choose to upgrade your weapon the next expansion after the release or 2 or even 3 expansions later, but not in levels - just upgrade the stats while they remain the same level. The idea is to give the weapons a bigger life spam but not eternal, and it has to be costly.

Maalice
07-03-2013, 03:38 PM
What if u had to loot a rare crystal that could upgrade ur helm but once used to upgrade ur helm it became untradable so the market wouldn't become super saturated with the next lvl mythic helms

Energizeric
07-03-2013, 06:39 PM
My guess is there will be some kind of crafting involved with a crafting NPC. You must farm for the rare "mythic diamonds" and each mythic helm and armor, along with a recipe and 5 mythic diamonds can be crafted into an improved level 36 version. But I doubt the amulets, rings or weapons will be upgraded, only the armor & helms. That is what STS has said in the past, so no reason not to believe them.

Maalice
07-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Hahahaha thet will make the diamonds lootable only from crates

FluffNStuff
07-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Fluffs take, and keep in mind this bear did not sleep last night before boarding a plane for NOLA, and is on its way for more hunny. Amys, rings, and weps that have dropped will stay as is. Armor and helm can be made 36 level through combo of plat and luck. Fluff likes the idea of the craft diamond, but Fluff believes this diamond will only drop drop from crates and epic chests. The reason is Devs have stated 'luck' has ruined drop tables and they can better control the drops in crates/chests.
Fluff could rant about the lameness of farming boxes versus farming sweet weapons and how that makes actually playing the game seem like work but Fluff won't. Fluff has fun farming the CS for boxes, and it is not Fluffs beautifully designed game that turned into a drug wars clone. No, Fluff just saying Amy,ring and weps not upgradable, and helm/armor upgradable by getting more items from crate/chest.

Zuzeq
07-03-2013, 08:46 PM

This^^, Mythic/Arcane items were and will never be droppable/farmable items.

xcainnblecterx
07-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Fluffs take, and keep in mind this bear did not sleep last night before boarding a plane for NOLA, and is on its way for more hunny. Amys, rings, and weps that have dropped will stay as is. Armor and helm can be made 36 level through combo of plat and luck. Fluff likes the idea of the craft diamond, but Fluff believes this diamond will only drop drop from crates and epic chests. The reason is Devs have stated 'luck' has ruined drop tables and they can better control the drops in crates/chests.
Fluff could rant about the lameness of farming boxes versus farming sweet weapons and how that makes actually playing the game seem like work but Fluff won't. Fluff has fun farming the CS for boxes, and it is not Fluffs beautifully designed game that turned into a drug wars clone. No, Fluff just saying Amy,ring and weps not upgradable, and helm/armor upgradable by getting more items from crate/chest.

I'm with fluff, Cain likes lootable weapons and armor from bosses but sts wants control over luck(Cain doesn't know what that means). Cain hates chests as much as a Christian hates satin

Romifrity
07-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Hahahaha thet will make the diamonds lootable only from crates

Lol

drgrimmy
07-03-2013, 09:32 PM
This^^, Mythic/Arcane items were and will never be droppable/farmable items.

I never said they would be. What I am saying is that the last weekend has saturated the game with mythic gear such that every tom, rick, harry and noob is now running around in mythic gear. If this mythic gear continues to be the top gear in the game, and if sts does not develop some sort of system for upgrading mythics that involves farming for crafting materials such as diamonds, any incentive for farming for gear will be lost and the pve side of the game has the potential to be ruined. Top players will have absolutely no incentive to farm for legendary gear next season as there will be no one to spend millions on the top legendary gear that will be inferior to the mythic gear that they already have. The beginning of the past few seasons has been fueled by that rare legendary warrior weapon or armor that occasionally drops and is worth millions (I myself have had several drops worth 2-4m each in the beginning of each season). Anyone who could afford to spend millions on such legendary gear has already bought mythics, so there will be no one to buy this legendary gear and it will be worthless. Pve and farming will be broken unless there will be some type of item that drops that is required to upgrade mythic gear.

xcainnblecterx
07-03-2013, 09:43 PM
I never said they would be. What I am saying is that the last weekend has saturated the game with mythic gear such that every tom, rick, harry and noob is now running around in mythic gear. If this mythic gear continues to be the top gear in the game, and if sts does not develop some sort of system for upgrading mythics that involves farming for crafting materials such as diamonds, any incentive for farming for gear will be lost and the pve side of the game has the potential to be ruined. Top players will have absolutely no incentive to farm for legendary gear next season as there will be no one to spend millions on the top legendary gear that will be inferior to the mythic gear that they already have. The beginning of the past few seasons has been fueled by that rare legendary warrior weapon or armor that occasionally drops and is worth millions (I myself have had several drops worth 2-4m each in the beginning of each season). Anyone who could afford to spend millions on such legendary gear has already bought mythics, so there will be no one to buy this legendary gear and it will be worthless. Pve and farming will be broken unless there will be some type of item that drops that is required to upgrade mythic gear.

That is a.very good valid.point Grimmy. Never thought of how useless the elite pinks are to those with mythics. So something defiantly needs to be done to keep farming alive. That's the biggest thing I hate in al right now and I can't belive how screwed up drops are. As I said in a post back is I don't know what sts means by they have more control over luck with these chests and crates. The funnest aspect I've seen in most MMOs is that the top gear can be farmed, not gambled on

Rare
07-03-2013, 09:59 PM
That is a.very good valid.point Grimmy. Never thought of how useless the elite pinks are to those with mythics. So something defiantly needs to be done to keep farming alive. That's the biggest thing I hate in al right now and I can't belive how screwed up drops are. As I said in a post back is I don't know what sts means by they have more control over luck with these chests and crates. The funnest aspect I've seen in most MMOs is that the top gear can be farmed, not gambled on

They control it because luck has no affect on the loot you get from chests or crates.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

crazyangle03
07-03-2013, 10:07 PM
i mean the best suggestion here as everyone is saying is to make weapons specially Arcane/Mythic upgrade-able, whats the point of putting NPC blacksmith in AL.

for us to be able to upgrade also require items not easily obtainable (farming/crates) so not all can upgrade their arcane or mythics.

best example is for hooks:

Blackbeard nefarious hooks upgrade to Black beard nefarious Razors (or any names related to hooks)

Crafting Materials:

Arcane stone (loot from crates or can be farmed)
Lightning Stone (loot from crates or can be farmed)
Black Anvil Hammer (loot from crates or can be farmed)

Crafting Cost:
1,000,000 Gold

if the idea is like this.. STS will still profit (more profit) and Arcane/Mythic can still be used and not be wasted in future expansion.

or simply add plus +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 option in NPC Blacksmith

FluffNStuff
07-03-2013, 10:14 PM

First, Oysters here are four times the size of DC oysters which required more fuel to eat them. Second, new gear in expansion will cost the same if Mythics exist or not, Mythics will just cost more. Third, your line of thinking assumes AL has peaked and. no new players will EVER join. Fourth, save a horse, ride a cowboy .., sorry, next bar calling.

DexterityX
07-04-2013, 04:01 AM
i think most of us is really concerned about this issue, specially to mythic/arcane holders. yeah im agree with upgrading system but its im not on the side of paying lots of gold just to upgrade the item, probably an upgrade recipe that can farm(not looted in chest or lock crates.. since its a recipe. so not all must have items is not obtainable in chest/ lock chest witch is very boring) or plats to upgrade an item

FluffNStuff
07-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Sorry drgrimmy, my post seems a bit rude in the light of day and could quite well be wrong since this is all just opinions. No more posting from Bourbon Street for this bear of little brain.

Zuzeq
07-04-2013, 04:37 PM

Whoa whoa whoa Grim, you always speak with logic and knowledge which means I can never "call you out". I agree with most if you points brother..

drgrimmy
07-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Whoa whoa whoa Grim, you always speak with logic and knowledge which means I can never "call you out". I agree with most if you points brother..

Sorry drgrimmy, my post seems a bit rude in the light of day and could quite well be wrong since this is all just opinions. No more posting from Bourbon Street for this bear of little brain.

Don't worry guys, no offense taken. Just wanted to point out a concern of mine. I know a lot of people may or may not agree, and I may even be running around screaming that the sky is falling. Nevertheless, I think that these are things that sts should give consideration to when they are deciding the fate of the mythic gear. Cheers! :)

Energizeric
07-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Mythics are indeed farmable, you farm for elite gold chests and they have a chance to drop mythic. Technically speaking that is no different than farming the items themselves as if they dropped from bosses. The main reason STS did it this way is to avoid them falling like rain to those with luck elixirs. So while luck elixir will help you get the elite gold chests, it will not increase your chance at the mythic items themselves.

Ask anyone who farmed in PL for dragon helms or armors back before they added purples to the drop table last Fall. Some people spent months farming for them and never dropped a single one. They were that rare. That was because you don't get a reroll to a dragon item. Back then dragon sets were going for 20m+. Then they added the purples to the drop table, which enabled rerolls. Suddenly they started dropping like rain, and now a dragon set can be had for 1m, and most players who spend any amount of time playing have one. It is no longer an exclusive item. That's part of the reason most hardcore PL players have left. There is nothing left for them to do, and there are no exclusive items to work towards obtaining. Everything can be had for a few million gold, and once you get there the game becomes boring.

I would prefer if that did NOT happen in AL.

drgrimmy
07-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Mythics are indeed farmable, you farm for elite gold chests and they have a chance to drop mythic. Technically speaking that is no different than farming the items themselves as if they dropped from bosses. The main reason STS did it this way is to avoid them falling like rain to those with luck elixirs. So while luck elixir will help you get the elite gold chests, it will not increase your chance at the mythic items themselves.

Ask anyone who farmed in PL for dragon helms or armors back before they added purples to the drop table last Fall. Some people spent months farming for them and never dropped a single one. They were that rare. That was because you don't get a reroll to a dragon item. Back then dragon sets were going for 20m+. Then they added the purples to the drop table, which enabled rerolls. Suddenly they started dropping like rain, and now a dragon set can be had for 1m, and most players who spend any amount of time playing have one. It is no longer an exclusive item. That's part of the reason most hardcore PL players have left. There is nothing left for them to do, and there are no exclusive items to work towards obtaining. Everything can be had for a few million gold, and once you get there the game becomes boring.

Yep, and I am still bitter about the whole dragon armor mess... Hopefully a similar thing will not happen here with mythics. I think STS really opened up a whole can of worms with this one when someone mentioned the possibility of upgrading them. This got eveyone's hopes up and now there are high expectations which STS can not back out of without making a lot a people angry. At least it appears now that there has been confirmation about upgrading the mythic armor and helms to lvl36. We will see how all this plays out.

Zuzeq
07-05-2013, 01:49 PM

Boring? Lets not forget one of the key components to any game, the PvE story. Sure most players knock out new content in a short time, but then you have to lvl for elite, then you play elite and if the content is fun you can ride that for a while. When you get bored with that, they slap stuff out like Mines, elite Mines and the Arena etc. If you're are playing a game soley to "Farm the next big thing" then whatever that game is needs new content, PL being the prime example (It. Doesn't. Get. Updated) As you stated above any item can be had for a few Mil. Saying that, if one gets bored farming something they want, they could just quickly open there wallets and buy it or quick farm less rare items to sell (ex: Crates elite pinks). AL will never become as dry as PL is due to the fact that new content is rollin. Meaning even if you are full Mythic and have obtained everything you could ever hope for there is always something new to do coming around the corner in AL.

Griia
07-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Throughout this whole thread I've heard people complain about mythics and those who own them not needing to buy your legendaries come expansion, sorry but I worked my butt of for my gear if you don't like it then I'm sorry tough! I have full mythic gear I worked my butt of to afford them and spent 30+ million on it, if they become obsolete then I'm sorry I think sts should be compensating those players in some respects for doing the work needed to afford the gear in the first place as its no mean feet. I don't work my butt of in a game to have what I've worked hard for over several seasons to be for all intents of purposes made useless and worthless.

drgrimmy
07-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Throughout this whole thread I've heard people complain about mythics and those who own them not needing to buy your legendaries come expansion, sorry but I worked my butt of for my gear if you don't like it then I'm sorry tough! I have full mythic gear I worked my butt of to afford them and spent 30+ million on it, if they become obsolete then I'm sorry I think sts should be compensating those players in some respects for doing the work needed to afford the gear in the first place as its no mean feet. I don't work my butt of in a game to have what I've worked hard for over several seasons to be for all intents of purposes made useless and worthless.

I am sorry you have taken this so personally. Furthemore, you assume that "people complaining" on this thread do not have or could not afford mythic/arcane gear or have not worked hard enough in the game which could not be further from the truth. I am just stating my concerns for the overall health of the game. A lot of us have spent a lot of time on this game, and I would hope have greatly enjoy this game in doing so. I am just bringing up potential issues so the game can remain enjoyable for all players.

Griia
07-06-2013, 03:40 AM
I am sorry you have taken this so personally. Furthemore, you assume that "people complaining" on this thread do not have or could not afford mythic/arcane gear or have not worked hard enough in the game which could not be further from the truth. I am just stating my concerns for the overall health of the game. A lot of us have spent a lot of time on this game, and I would hope have greatly enjoy this game in doing so. I am just bringing up potential issues so the game can remain enjoyable for all players.

I do take it personally when a company burns you for your hard work yes, I'm also wondering where you got the idea that I think others here haven't worked hard or have mythic/arcane gear as at no point in my post did I state such..
I understand that for a game to continue some things need to be addressed, but over the past months Sts have flooded the market with mythic items effectively burning those of us who have worked hard for our gear without so much of a thought to its player base & "only" it's bank balance.
I have actually had to gimp my rouge as I've yet to find a tank capable of holding the 465 dps my rouge dose let alone if I were to try and even improve that. The last expansion was a farce we'll make it more challenging, well I'm sorry 1 hit kos isn't a challenge it's a joke when tanks have to pump themselves with health pots to stay up in a boss fight or are not capable of holding high aggro it screams game imbalance.
I enjoy playing arcane legends & have put time money & lots of effort into it so yes I do take it personally when that gets flamed by a company or individual.

Valsacar
07-06-2013, 06:11 AM
I agree with grimmy, I have a full set of mythic items and I DO NOT want to have them last me forever. I want them to fade away, to have something new to go after. I expect, outside the arcane weapon, that next expansion I won't need to go for much but the expansion after that I should have something new to look forward to obtaining.

Rare
07-06-2013, 08:55 AM

you don't deserve compensation for playing a game and spending the gold you earn in said game on items that obviously will be obsolete at some point.

abihakim
07-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Ridiculous. Mythic bow and legendary 31 is just -3.5 dps

With legendary 36 coming in

Surely they will be blasted away. Outperformed.

So why mythic helm&armor got upgrade while weapons not?

I spent much bucks for plats in the last event, managed to have some of them.
And they will be obsolote trash, in next expansion?

Cant believe it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

kingbanks
07-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Ridiculous. Mythic bow and legendary 31 is just -3.5 dps

With legendary 36 coming in

Surely they will be blasted away. Outperformed.

So why mythic helm&armor got upgrade while weapons not?

I spent much bucks for plats in the last event, managed to have some of them.
And they will be obsolote trash, in next expansion?

Cant believe it.

Mythic weps are cheap as hell. It's good they won't be upgradable. And I can say this cuz I paid 6m for my bow and now they 1m LOLz get over it. Lots of us had lost out your not the only one

matanofx
07-06-2013, 11:36 AM
I just want to say that arcane weapons should NOT be scaled up, same goes for mythic ring/amu/weap.

Yes people paid money for it but does it mean they shouldnt worry about their gear for who knows how many expansions to follow?

When you spend money on plat you must know it doesnt mean youre gonna be mr. perfect for the rest of your al gaming life, sorry but youll have to accept the fact that this game has to be fair and fun, make your best decisions on what you wanna spend your money on weather its platinum or new shoes, you make the choice not sts.

Arcane hooks have been the best melee attack weapon for rogue for the past two seasons (approax 4.5 months) and i think its enough, move on lets open our hearts and wallets for new items =]

xcainnblecterx
07-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Oh, I spent plats on a vanity but a cooler one came along can I have a refund. I don't know who would want to keep using the same gear for 2+ seasons but for those of you that do, kudos. As for me I'll just get the next best pinks (hopefully), I mean its bad enough when a mythic armor and wep only warrio (not helm) runs from a lowly all pink guy.

Kakashis
07-07-2013, 03:38 AM
I really hope that the devs will consider scaling the mythic items. I world so hard to get mine and it would be a shame if they weren't useful in the next update! Arcane weapons should get scaled at least once!

Griia
07-07-2013, 03:45 AM
I think your missing the bigger picture, when a season/expansion last a meager 8/10 weeks or so and then mythics are worthless, it kind of kills the whole point in opening crates and for all intents of purposes is the majority of funding for new content. If mythics are only going to last such a short period then there not worth working towards which in the long run kills funding for future content! I get that eventually we all would like to work towards something newer or its not worth continuing to play but if mythics aren't worth obtaining and crates become junk then thats the end of new content for all of us. Considering mythics is the driving force in opening crates which in the long run give us all new content then killing such an item after such a short period is like committing suicide for the game. I have great respect for those who would prefer to run round in common pinks but lets face it your not really benefiting anyone including yourselves as that is a cheep way to play and you then rely on others to foot the bill for new content.

Griia
07-07-2013, 03:47 AM
Oh, I spent plats on a vanity but a cooler one came along can I have a refund. I don't know who would want to keep using the same gear for 2+ seasons but for those of you that do, kudos. As for me I'll just get the next best pinks (hopefully), I mean its bad enough when a mythic armor and wep only warrio (not helm) runs from a lowly all pink guy.

No but you can now sell your old vanity on auction if you hadn't noticed.

uriraran
07-07-2013, 08:25 AM
I think your missing the bigger picture, when a season/expansion last a meager 8/10 weeks or so and then mythics are worthless, it kind of kills the whole point in opening crates and for all intents of purposes is the majority of funding for new content. If mythics are only going to last such a short period then there not worth working towards which in the long run kills funding for future content! I get that eventually we all would like to work towards something newer or its not worth continuing to play but if mythics aren't worth obtaining and crates become junk then thats the end of new content for all of us. Considering mythics is the driving force in opening crates which in the long run give us all new content then killing such an item after such a short period is like committing suicide for the game. I have great respect for those who would prefer to run round in common pinks but lets face it your not really benefiting anyone including yourselves as that is a cheep way to play and you then rely on others to foot the bill for new content.

Agree.

But most ppl here are more than happy to see the mythic and arcane to become junk.
They think the existence of crates with the mythic and arcane has greatly discourage them from farming, and this game is all about opening crates, etc.
But the truth is AL is one of the very few games that u don't have to pay to get a decent expericence.

xcainnblecterx
07-07-2013, 12:38 PM
No but you can now sell your old vanity on auction if you hadn't noticed.

Yea I've noticed, that's why it doesn't matter if you where one of the oldies that got a "limited" vanity as every one can get it now. Yet you don't hear us complaining about that

Griia
07-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Yea I've noticed, that's why it doesn't matter if you where one of the oldies that got a "limited" vanity as every one can get it now. Yet you don't hear us complaining about that

I'm not surprised you dont hear ppl complaining about vanity items as they don't deteriorate in value to the point of worthless. I do have a limited vanity that is increasing in value as we speak so why would you complain about such an item, kind of kills your point imo..

drgrimmy
07-07-2013, 01:57 PM
The mythic weapons are already relatively worthless, so who really cares if they get upgraded. Many of us spent 8-9m on the mythic gun after the first weekend and now they are worth 1-2m. Do you hear us complaining about that or asking for our money back? Also many of us spent 15-20m on an arcane pet that we never even use! This is just how these games go. Items are really expensive when they first come out and are the best of their kind out there, and then they soon become more common or overshadowed by new gear and lose their value. If you cannot deal with this and are not willing to work for the best items with each expansion, then don't waste your time or money. Furthermore, there are certain items that still hold there value even when they are not the top level gear in the game because they are status symbols or are good for twinking. Take for example demonic gear in PL or discontinued gear here in AL.

I disagree with any of the mythic gear being upgraded, and have always felt that people should have spent their gold on these items for their enjoyment of these weapons in the present without any expectation of what they will become. When you spend a lot of money on an expensive computer or an expensive TV and new and better versions come out that may even be cheaper, do you go to the manufacturer and demand for a free upgrade? Absolutely not! Totally absurd! Either way, this is pretty much a pointless argument at this moment. The armor and helms will be upgraded, it is not totally clear about the weapons, but i doubt it (maybe a small buff?), and the rings and amulets probably won't be upgraded. Just don't expect it to be easy or free to upgrade the mythic armor and helm as I am sure it will not be, and it is not in sts's best interest for it to be easy or free.

Rare
07-07-2013, 03:39 PM
The mythic weapons are already relatively worthless, so who really cares if they get upgraded. Many of us spent 8-9m on the mythic gun after the first weekend and now they are worth 1-2m. Do you hear us complaining about that or asking for our money back? Also many of us spent 15-20m on an arcane pet that we never even use! This is just how these games go. Items are really expensive when they first come out and are the best of their kind out there, and then they soon become more common or overshadowed by new gear and lose their value. If you cannot deal with this and are not willing to work for the best items with each expansion, then don't waste your time or money. Furthermore, there are certain items that still hold there value even when they are not the top level gear in the game because they are status symbols or are good for twinking. Take for example demonic gear in PL or discontinued gear here in AL.

I disagree with any of the mythic gear being upgraded, and have always felt that people should have spent their gold on these items for their enjoyment of these weapons in the present without any expectation of what they will become. When you spend a lot of money on an expensive computer or an expensive TV and new and better versions come out that may even be cheaper, do you go to the manufacturer and demand for a free upgrade? Absolutely not! Totally absurd! Either way, this is pretty much a pointless argument at this moment. The armor and helms will be upgraded, it is not totally clear about the weapons, but i doubt it (maybe a small buff?), and the rings and amulets probably won't be upgraded. Just don't expect it to be easy or free to upgrade the mythic armor and helm as I am sure it will not be, and it is not in sts's best interest for it to be easy or free.

Unfortunately, it was known very early on that there was something in the works. So now, there really isn't another choice.

drgrimmy
07-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Unfortunately, it was known very early on that there was something in the works. So now, there really isn't another choice.

Yeah, I personally feel that sts really goofed in mentioning a possible upgrade option before they really had any solid plans regarding what they were going to do. Now they are stuck between a rock and a hard place having to figure out what to do without making a lot of people angry. I feel for them and it is unfortunate that a lot of people are probably going to be upset no matter what happens :(

Zeus
07-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I personally feel that sts really goofed in mentioning a possible upgrade option before they really had any solid plans regarding what they were going to do. Now they are stuck between a rock and a hard place having to figure out what to do without making a lot of people angry. I feel for them and it is unfortunate that a lot of people are probably going to be upset no matter what happens :(

I say, do only what they promised people: to upgrade Mythic helm and Mythic plates. Everything else is not required. Also, please note that I say this as a proud owner of a full Mythic Rogue set.

Worst comes to worst, I'll keep these increasingly rare items and twink with them.

Maalice
07-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Maybe if people stopped paying ridiculous ammounts of gold for items they wouldn't be so mad when they become obsolete. Its crazy the ammounts that you see for some items and the only people that can buy them are a select few. I have a couple mythics amd a few mil and people call ME rich... I am far from rich.

Just remember buyers set the price of items... not the sellers.

Rare
07-07-2013, 10:58 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=1165512

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

abihakim
07-08-2013, 12:29 AM
If sts doesnt do anything, 31 Mythic weapons will br OUTPERFORMED by 36 Legendary.

Why?

31 Bonechill and 31 Mythic bow
Only -3.5 dps difference

36 Legendary Bow will blow the 31 Mythic bow out of the water

I earn a lot and lost a lot in this mythic gears,

Price declining like waterfall.

Just hope the best for AL

That link is 4 month old..

uriraran
07-08-2013, 12:52 AM

Nobody saying free upgrade, ppl are saying possibility to upgrade by paying more... You buy a hand phone u can trade in when next generation come, that's what we are talking about.
And did u buy a gun at 8mil? How many acrane do u process? If "many of us" doesn't include u, u are assuming and being absurd

Energizeric
07-08-2013, 01:19 AM
They were never vague about what they were going to do. This is some sort of myth that has gone viral throughout the game. I remember people telling me that arcane items would scale to level forever! STS never said any such thing.

The only thing they ever said prior to Sam's recent post was this:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?87248-Kraken-Isles-Sneak-Peek-Mythic-and-Arcane-Rarity-Items

Mythic: There is a Mythic rarity Helm available for each class. The plan is that a Mythic rarity Armor for each class will drop in the next expansion to match. In the expansion after that, these Mythic rarity Helm and Armor set will be able to be turned in for an improved set.

He gave no specifics, but did confirm what would happen. Then STS never said another word about it. At one point Sam posted a thread to refute various rumors that were circulating about the Arcane hooks, but he never said anything about mythic items upgrading. Then a couple of days ago he confirmed what he originally said in the post above back in February.

I don't think STS has been inconsistent at all. I think they have been very clear about what would happen. Players have to stop listening to rumors and just read the forum and only trust what a developer says and not what other players say.

Maalice
07-08-2013, 01:28 AM
+2

Cuz everyone always does only +1

drgrimmy
07-08-2013, 04:42 AM
Nobody saying free upgrade, ppl are saying possibility to upgrade by paying more... You buy a hand phone u can trade in when next generation come, that's what we are talking about.
And did u buy a gun at 8mil? How many acrane do u process? If "many of us" doesn't include u, u are assuming and being absurd

Yes I did buy a mythic gun for the equivalent of 8.5m gold after the first weekend of mythic weapons and guns were going for about this rate up until the second weekend of mythic weapons. I also have bought one arcane pet, which I hatched for the achievement points, leveled to 30 for kicks, and now almost never use for PvE or PvP as it is not that great for a sorcerer. I do not blame anyone else for these purchases and/or any gold that I may have lost as a result, as I made these purchases for my own gratification and have enjoyed the benefits of both of them. I also never expect either of them to be upgraded or changed in anyway, and I am just fine with both of these purchases just fading away to a happy memory.

They were never vague about what they were going to do. This is some sort of myth that has gone viral throughout the game. I remember people telling me that arcane items would scale to level forever! STS never said any such thing.

The only thing they ever said prior to Sam's recent post was this:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?87248-Kraken-Isles-Sneak-Peek-Mythic-and-Arcane-Rarity-Items

Energizeric is absolutely right! Sts only ever said that they were going to do "something" with the mythic armor and helm and that it would be worth while to hold on to them. Furthermore, they specifically said that there were no plans to upgrade the arcane weapons. They also never said anything about the mythic weapons, rings and amulets up until recently in the expansion announcement in which they said they also had no plans for them. I have to admit, it is hard to sift through all the rumor and speculation in the forums to reveal these nuggets of truth, but these are the facts. No one should blame anyone but themselves for having false expectations that cannot and will not be met by sts.

Sorry :(

I smell a thread lock....

Rare
07-08-2013, 05:05 AM
He gave no specifics, but did confirm what would happen. Then STS never said another word about it. At one point Sam posted a thread to refute various rumors that were circulating about the Arcane hooks, but he never said anything about mythic items upgrading.

Well, that's kind of the definition of vague. I get what you are saying, but I for one would like to know what's coming.

matanofx
07-08-2013, 05:33 AM
Well, that's kind of the definition of vague. I get what you are saying, but I for one would like to know what's coming.

We all want to know whats coming but i doubt even the devs know how theyre gonna scale up the mythic set yet, kudos to sam for confirming the plan is out there.

Rare
07-08-2013, 07:55 AM
We all want to know whats coming but i doubt even the devs know how theyre gonna scale up the mythic set yet, kudos to sam for confirming the plan is out there.

Indeed. If nothing else, its good to know the roadmap hasn't changed.