What's our best strategy against them?

Cero
07-03-2013, 02:30 PM
anticipate the invulne shield usage.

there are two types of shielder
1. shield first then jump
2. shield when hp is half or so

you only got 12 secs to kill them.
Horn has 14secs CD,-2secs from invulne shield.

other than that pray that you can cancel their shield lol.

thats my strategy as a sorc.

SpiritedAway
07-03-2013, 03:21 PM
How many lightning strikes/fireballs does it usually take to finnish off a full health warrior?

Xpell
07-03-2013, 05:37 PM
wow 12 sec thats a small amount of time

Energizeric
07-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Just spam your skills and kite them. If they chase you run, but always stay within range to use your skills. Watch for when they stop chasing, because that usually means they are close to death, then turn and chase them to finish them off. Also, make sure to charge your shield as that 2 seconds buffer really helps and you can tank them during that time. Remember that while it takes a lot to kill them, they don't hit particularly hard.

Now if they have a Maul, then it's going to be difficult and unless you have full mythic you won't really have much of a chance.

Cero
07-04-2013, 07:21 PM
you dont need to charge shield. charge or uncharge the 2secs invulne will take effect:)

Alhuntrazeck
07-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Really? I don't think so ^ Not sure
Warriors with ribbit are annoying because they hit so hard with its crit, I've been killed mostly only by ribbit bearing warriors (except those with mythics).

drgrimmy
07-04-2013, 11:34 PM
you dont need to charge shield. charge or uncharge the 2secs invulne will take effect:)

Really? I don't think so ^ Not sure
Warriors with ribbit are annoying because they hit so hard with its crit, I've been killed mostly only by ribbit bearing warriors (except those with mythics).

Cero is right. When you use the shield skill you will see a buff icon under your health bar for the invulnerability. It appears with both the charged and uncharged versions of the skill. I have not tested it but I have heard that charged shield may reduce the incoming damage a little bit more... Anyone know for sure?

Energizeric
07-04-2013, 11:47 PM
From reading the upgrade specifics on the skill page, I was under the impression that the only difference was that you get the 2 seconds if you charge, but everything else is the same. If you get the 2 seconds anyway, then what exactly does charging do for you?

iacito
07-05-2013, 12:23 AM
From reading the upgrade specifics on the skill page, I was under the impression that the only difference was that you get the 2 seconds if you charge, but everything else is the same. If you get the 2 seconds anyway, then what exactly does charging do for you?
Charging adds approximately 10% more dmg reduction on shield. Try it with flags in ctf and you will notice the difference. Also charging shield also increases the amount of damage absorbable by shield.

Excuses
07-05-2013, 02:30 AM
Hm.. feels something is wrong...
Only upgrade description that says about charged is 2 sec like energetic said..

swexcist
07-05-2013, 04:36 AM
Agree.. i have always charged my shield for the 2 sek invu.. maybe i need to start reading the changelogg..

Cero
07-05-2013, 04:48 AM
it does says charging shield gives 2secs invulne. but the invulnerability bypass charging.

Energizeric
07-05-2013, 12:10 PM
So then does charging do anything for you?

drgrimmy
07-05-2013, 01:00 PM
So then does charging do anything for you?

I personally almost never charge shield because I usually only use it in the middle of a fight when I need it and not before I engage an enemy. In the middle of a fight I find it much better just to ckick on the shield skill than to have to charge it. True, this way you may expose yourself to more one shots by rogues, but for the most part I find that if your timing is good you can usually stun most people (I am not talking the top rogues here) before they get a chance to hit you. Even more so for fights against warriors since they dont have AS, there is no reason to put up the shield before you engage them. You are then just wasting the 2sec invulnerability and the several seconds it takes you to engage them.

P.S. I don't know how you guys feel, but I always find it discouraging when I feel as though I have almost killed a mage and then when I think I have them they put up their shield and heal. Maybe just a little bit of psycological warfare psycobabble... but I find that the toughest mages to kill are those that don't put up their shield before you engage them but in the middle of a fight when they need it...

Bless
07-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Look at the description. Says have to be charged, bug?

drgrimmy
07-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Look at the description. Says have to be charged, bug?

Probably, but it is not a secret. People have been talking about how you don't need to charge shield for the invulnerabiliy since pvp came out way back in season 2!