PDA

View Full Version : My New Fox

Drianikaben
07-04-2013, 02:05 AM
So, after 3 failed attempts at making a Ranger, I decided to actually stick through the hatred of the class, and make a PvP fox at level 26.

This is a complete test run of the fox, so I expect to use a lot of platinum on skill respec's and stat respec's.

But currently, this is how it looks:

Level 26:
Base STR: 85
Base INT: 40
Base DEX: 10

For skills:

3 Rabid Bite
3 Hamstring
6 Evasion
6 Fury
1 Hypnotize
1 Vixen Kick
5 Rage Tonic

When I decided on the skills, I hadn't known there was going to be a Rage Tonic skill, so that was never part of the original formula.

However, I am looking at respec'ing stats to
Base STR: 60
Base DEX: 60
Base INT: 15

and skills more or less:

6 Evasion
3 Fury
4 Rage Tonic
3 Poison Needles
3 Poison Dart
2 Fox Howl
4 Armor Shredder

Let me know what you guys think. If anyone can think of a way to better this build, please let me know. Thoughts, criticisms, and helpful hints all welcome.

Also, item's currently equipped are:

Conqueror's Onyx Helm/Armor
Spooky Reaper's Blade (lvl 25)
and Eerie Haunted Doll (lvl 10) (looking to upgrade this)
Steel Ring of Life (lvl 10, 2 h/s, 1 m/s, 2 armor)

Gragorak
07-04-2013, 08:34 AM
3 Rabid Bite
3 Hamstring
6 Evasion
6 Fury
1 Hypnotize
1 Vixen Kick
5 Rage Tonic
This build has more good elements than your other build.

Rabid bite, vixen kick, hypnotize and hamstring are all necessary skills for pretty much all 26+ foxes. However, having more than 1 point in rabid bite isn't good idea for two reasons; a) damage increase is very low, b) this skill has annoying bug. If it's ranked higher than 1 it's move won't work if you don't have any enemies in 8m range. Super annoying in rushing/ffa/ctf. I'd put more points into hamstring ("slam" combo deals huge damage in addition to debuffs), but I guess 3 could be enough.

Rage tonic and evasion should always be maxed. Always. Fury is good buff too, but having it maxed is just overkill. +60 hit when debuffs are -30? It's better idea to spend those points somewhere else where they are more useful.

6 Evasion
3 Fury
4 Rage Tonic
3 Poison Needles
3 Poison Dart
2 Fox Howl
4 Armor Shredder

This build has more problems than your first one. Without hypnotize and leep attacks you would pretty much be just a free kill to any mage or bird, kiting you would be super easy. Put 1 point into rabid bite and hypnotize, and 1+ points into vixen kick and hamstring. And also max rage tonic, and this build will be a lot more usefull.

I would try this build:

6 Rage tonic
6 Evasion
5 Hamstring
3 Armor shredder/fox howl
1 Fox howl/armor shredder
1 Fury
1 rabid bite
1 Vixen kick
1 Hypnotize

I haven't ever played 26 fox so I don't know meta game so well => this probably isn't the best possible build. Basically this is just a upgraded version of my level 22 build that works really well.

Base STR: 60
Base DEX: 60
Base INT: 15

--

Also, item's currently equipped are:

Conqueror's Onyx Helm/Armor
Spooky Reaper's Blade (lvl 25)
and Eerie Haunted Doll (lvl 10) (looking to upgrade this)
Steel Ring of Life (lvl 10, 2 h/s, 1 m/s, 2 armor)

You should put enough points into str to use whatever gear you're going to use and put rest points into dex. Dex increases damage, skill damage (combos, vixen kick, rabid bite, armor shredder, fox howl, hypnotize), dodge, armor and hit, while str only increases hp, armor, dodge and slightly damage. Putting any points into int isn't very good idea IMO, since level 25 halloween gear has pretty high requirements and int doesn't improve any stat better than dex.

I'd put 52 points into str and rest into dex, and use following gear:

Helmet: lvl 25 SSC str helmet if 52 points are enough to equip. If not, use dex alternative instead.
Armor: lvl 15 crafted/forged armsman (both are ok, I prefer crafted for more damage) for maximal dodge. +6 dodge is pretty nice.
Weapon: lvl 25 reaper's blade.
Shield: Lvl 25 evidence bracer/bone cage. can't remember which one has better stats.
Ring: Acrobat's fine platinum band (10 damage, 2 dodge) is the best choice.

Good luck!

Drianikaben
07-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the reply :)

I did notice that bug. I wasn't sure if that's just how the move was, or if it was a bug.

I will try your skill spec/stat spec.