PDA

View Full Version : How to report yolasite scammers

Suentous PO
07-04-2013, 02:04 PM
So after a brief reprise I ran into the yolasite scammers again, complete once again with a schill who follows along and says "it worked" (they're paid").
After having reported them so often to little effect I decided to look into how to report the site to the host company Yola. Low and behold they have their own tos;
https://www.yola.com/terms

Scanning that I find;
"As a condition of your use of the Site, the Yola Toolset, and the Services, you warrant to Yola that you will not use the site, the Yola Toolset or the User Sites you create for any purpose that is unlawful, deceptive or otherwise prohibited by these Terms. You may not use the Site, Yola Toolset or the User Sites you create in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or the Yola Toolset or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site or the Yola Toolset. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Site or the Yola Toolset."

Bingo, violation.
What do you know, they have a report page also, where you can chose the reason for reporting. "phishing/identity theft.
You only need to type the offending address after that, and give them an email to contact you by.

https://www.yola.com/support/contact/report-abuse

Done and done. I'll let you know what response I get from them.

TLDR?
Not gonna bother sts support, Yola has their own ways of dealing with scammers. Let's see how it works ;)

As always don't be stupid, run with scissors, stare at the sun, punch cops, or share acc info duh.
Cheers,
Sue

The Happiness
07-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Well done you!

I have noticed a decline in these spammers/scammers over the last couple of days. Just mentioned that in game to a friend actually. Let's see how it goes.

Xbuddyjosh
07-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Cool! It's been aggravating having the same reported scammers running around hacking accounts because sts doesn't ban them :redface:

JaytB
07-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Killing the problem at its root. I like your way of thinking.

Zentry
07-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Cool I'm gonna destroy these posers. Zentry Out....

kcimythgim
07-04-2013, 04:24 PM
You see even more of these people if you go on with an alt. When I go to balefort with a low level, there will be high levels that ask me to sell them my account so they can have my vanity or high levels that act really friendly and send me a friend request, then tell me about yolasite.

DocDoBig
07-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Finally! Thanks Sue!

If I may add, afters reading Yolas ToS I found this:

You may not use the Yola Toolset to harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.

Cheenivie
07-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Heres a way to troll the scammers behind this... You create a lvl 1 account and give them that info they get on and say Oh no they got us. In a meener way and then I laugh hahaha k maybe not but still

DocDoBig
07-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Heres a way to troll the scammers behind this... You create a lvl 1 account and give them that info they get on and say Oh no they got us. In a meener way and then I laugh hahaha k maybe not but still

I did this once with toons that had fooling names - which I won't post here.

CrimsonTider
07-04-2013, 04:52 PM
I don't know if I should be happy or sad because a player had to figure this out. Guess now we know that if they start using different hosts to just go straight to the website.

Suentous PO
07-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Thank you all for the input. I should have thought of this earlier, it's easy to think of the Internet as an anarchic "wild west " but more often than not there's a fail safe somewhere. If only because humans will screw up if at all possible.

I'm not really inclined to report the spammers so much anymore because I think the one spamming are the former victims of the con. This would explain why the scammers encourage you to report. Those accounts are empty and disposable to the perpetrator.
Also I don't want to clog sts support with this nonsense anymore. I see that they have had former sites shut down, and just set up shop the same way. This should make it real difficult for them, and it's a game to me lol.

Schnitzel
07-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Good job suent
*Applause*

Justg
07-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Just report em folks and thanks!