PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Feedback Thread - POST PATCHES

setec
10-20-2010, 02:10 PM
There was a feedback thread that was for pre-patch and it seemed that died.

So, feedback now that things were fixed?

My only disappointment was that they took away XP for the Halloween Manor instance.

It would be great to get XP while all working towards getting to the boss map.

As I stated in some other thread somewhere, I only spent 5p this Halloween for one of my five characters to do the quests. And that was my 48 bear because I didn't know what the bosses would be like. And the items I got can be used for my other characters when they reach 50.

I freely admit that I participated in the rushing prior to the patch because as stated before, it was go along with the rush or get no boss loot.

Now that this was been fixed, I think it is much better for all concerned. And any level can tag along because of no boot option.

Yes, we have to pay 200g to get in, but that is a small price to pay.

Just wish I could get XP at the same time. :(

Looking forward to Christmas in PL.

Cascade
10-20-2010, 02:16 PM
I love it now with all the patches and stuff...the only thing I don't like is the lack of items....And the quests...They need to make much longer quests so you actually have to work to complete them...I want to see a quest that takes at least 20 minutes to complete...And not the kind that are collectiong 1000 junk...Stuff that is actually fun and non repetitive..

asommers
10-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Appreciate the updated feedback. In short, with granting xp, anyone could play Haunted Manor and get to the level cap of 50 without paying for campaigns. There's no XP in Haunted Manor because dungeons are currently tied to campaigns (except this one). If we tied it to a campaign, the difficulty would be too hard for some or too easy for others (we'd have to pick a 5 level range). The next version should allow us to add scalable difficulty content for all levels and have the level cap depend on what campaigns you have purchased.

-ALS

Cascade
10-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Sounds good Asommers :) If you need help coming up with quest ideas I might be able to help just shoot me a PM...For the first PL Holiday this was a Major win :) Great job devs I loved most of this :)

setec
10-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Ok, I see now that the pumpkin patch gives no XP now as well.

@Asommers - I see the issue now. I didn't think about a free two week XP fest without owning other campaigns. Completely understand now.

setec
10-22-2010, 08:37 PM
FYI: I just created a new character and turned off XP to keep him at level 1.

I was able to join and complete all the Halloween quests with no deaths. Of course this was done in a group, not solo.

Yes, I probably took 1 hit point of health off the bad guys but tried to help none the less. I got a lot of noob comments. :)

This shows that a brand new player to PL can enjoy the themed quests even at level 1.