PDA

View Full Version : PVE Rogue Skills

cindersx
07-05-2013, 01:26 PM
So I need help choosing pve rogue skills.

Right now I use:
Aimed Shot 5/5
Noxious Bolt 2/5 (Strengthened Shot)
Shadow Piercer 1/5
Combat Medic 5/5

I'm level 14. Thanks in advance.

sherentsoj
07-05-2013, 01:43 PM

Right now I use:
Aimed Shot 5/5
Shadow Piercer 1/5
Combat Medic 5/5

That good like pvp build but i suggestion for use shadow veil for pve u can get more damage so can kill enemy faster change nox bolt for shadow veil first

Sent from my Arcane Legends account Sherent

Alrisaia
07-05-2013, 02:25 PM

Right now I use:
Aimed Shot 5/5
Shadow Piercer 1/5
Combat Medic 5/5

You said PVE ... there's no need for Combat Medic at all in PVE... just use pots.

Sub that with Shadow Veil.

My lv 14 - 21 build was:
Aimed 5/5
Shadow Veil 3/5
Razor Shield 3/5
Shadow Piercer 2/5

It's high damage output for crowded up mobs and you don't have quite enough skill points to yet be effective with traps...

cindersx
07-06-2013, 04:05 PM
I use a bow for pve and pvp. Probably shoulda mentioned that. :P

SkullCrusher
07-06-2013, 04:24 PM
I use a bow for pve and pvp. Probably shoulda mentioned that. :P
I recommend using:
Aimed Shot 5/5
Nox 3/5 ( 3 seconds of posion damage and 6 mob hit upgrade. )
Shadow peircer 2/5 ( 3 hit mob upgrade )
Shadow Veil 4/5 ( armor, damage, and 3 second upgrade. )

TheBitDefender
07-16-2013, 04:45 AM
I recommend using:
Aimed Shot 5/5
Nox 3/5 ( 3 seconds of posion damage and 6 mob hit upgrade. )
Shadow peircer 2/5 ( 3 hit mob upgrade )
Shadow Veil 4/5 ( armor, damage, and 3 second upgrade. )

so even with bow you are still advice to use shadow peircer right?!

JaytB
07-16-2013, 05:39 AM
Personally, I'd recommend:

AS 5/5

Nox: 5/5 Wonderful stackable (poison) dmg on charged shot for fast mob killing, decent single target dmg/poison dmg. Contrary to the description, the 10% poison dmg is definitely worth it ;) If anything, I'd drop the 15% impact dmg

Razor or Trap:
* Razor: 3/5 (duration and dodge increase). Lasts about 8seconds with duration upgrade. It's a bit like a movable trap, it damages an apparently unlimited number of targets every second while its active and the damage is about 2x the dmg a trap does per dmg 'tick'. Also useful during boss fights with the 20% dodge for survivability. It's only downside is its long 20sec cooldown.
* Trap: 4/5 (all upgrades except decaying trap): Probably one of the best AoE skills. A charged trap lasts for about 13seconds (as opposed to 10 seconds uncharged) and does damage to all enemies within it. Its downsides are that traps can be hard to place right, meaning that from time to time you risk the skill going to waste by a poorly placed trap. It's also pretty useless in a boss fight, the low dmg it does doesn't warrant risking your life just to try and place it on top of that boss.

Veil 4/5 All upgrades except the explosion.

As passives, I'd go Agility (dex), Knowledge (int), might (str), in that order. I found passive dmg majorly underwhelming when I played around with it, so I'd suggest using those points for much needed survivability.

I'm currently using the AS, Nox, Razor, Veil build and love it for elite farming. It's all personal preference though :)

Edit: The above was posted from a PvE perspective.

Azepeiete
07-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Best all around pve build...works in every elite.

5/5 aimed
4/5 nox no radius increase
4/5 trap no explosion
4/5 shadow veil no explosion
5/5 dex passive
5/5 int passive
Rest in health or damage or crit passives depending on personal preference.

Azepeiete
07-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Personally, I'd recommend:

* Trap: 4/5 (all upgrades except decaying trap): Probably one of the best AoE skills. A charged trap lasts for about 13seconds (as opposed to 10 seconds uncharged) and does damage to all enemies within it. Its downsides are that traps can be hard to place right, meaning that from time to time you risk the skill going to waste by a poorly placed trap. It's also pretty useless in a boss fight, the low dmg it does doesn't warrant risking your life just to try and place it on top of that boss..

Most people use trap as a means of grouping mobs. The point of it, is to bring the mobs together so your daggers hit 3 at a time with your weapon attacks. Trap does NO damage until the explosion if you have explode and not bleed, this is why you need "decaying trap" and don't need "combustion tank". A lot of people don't even use bleed, they only use trap as a means of grouping mobs, and bleed is just icing on the cake.

JaytB
07-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Most people use trap as a means of grouping mobs. The point of it, is to bring the mobs together so your daggers hit 3 at a time with your weapon attacks. Trap does NO damage until the explosion if you have explode and not bleed, this is why you need "decaying trap" and don't need "combustion tank". A lot of people don't even use bleed, they only use trap as a means of grouping mobs, and bleed is just icing on the cake.

My bad, you're totally right on trap. I mixed up the names (read: getting old), I meant the bleed upgrade not the explosion :o

Azepeiete
07-16-2013, 01:12 PM
My bad, you're totally right on trap. I mixed up the names (read: getting old), I meant the bleed upgrade not the explosion :o

Np, and since traps cool down is 10s, there is no reason to charge it. If the mobs aren't dead already you'll have a new trap anyway.

Alrisaia
07-16-2013, 01:48 PM

I use bleed and my most efficient combinations of skills is trap razor shield talon or ribbit... I'm a very effective trash mob clearing toon.

Also... I'm one of the only rogues I know that used five skills I swap traps for nox

TheBitDefender
07-16-2013, 08:10 PM
in lieu to this. i would like to know if its only the mountain's teeth that hits 3 mobs on the same time?

Alrisaia
07-16-2013, 08:30 PM
in lieu to this. i would like to know if its only the mountain's teeth that hits 3 mobs on the same time?

Any daggers with the same icon do... For instance lifethief heart seekers flintlocks etc... There's even some blue and green daggers that do although I'm not sure who would ever use those.

Icon is like a shiny blue glittery effect

Azepeiete
07-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Contrary to popular belief, it's not about the icon.

Every daggers hits up to 3 mobs.
Tried and tested.

Alrisaia
07-17-2013, 12:51 PM

Tried and tested.

Thanks for the clarification Warrior name - what then is the significance of the different icons?

TheBitDefender
07-17-2013, 10:11 PM

Tried and tested.

i need to try this one :D

moot
07-17-2013, 11:55 PM

Tried and tested.
Yeah..its weird when people says only certain daggers can hit 3 mobs.
AFAIK, as long as the enemy get tight, rogue can hit all mobs in range. At least that was what i saw (the dmg and crits).

Alrisaia
07-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the clarification Inkredbl - what then is the significance of the different icons?

Still no answer regarding the differences in icons.

JaytB
07-18-2013, 12:55 AM
Still no answer regarding the differences in icons.

Here you go...

I'll chime in on the icons.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/f5be953594cfa610afd9402ee707fa3b_zpsfd13a174.jpg
This represents Elite and powerful weapons, typically found in the wild. Elite drop items and Crate weapons can fit into this category.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/3a6334e59c6ca61485936405d5ecc1ba_zps180564e1.jpg
This indicates the item is a normal legendary (not Elite) or that the item is purchased through one of the item packs.

This only applies to legendary, mythic, and arcane weapons. All rares and epics and commons with these images it's just a randomly chosen image to represent the weapon and liven up the inventory a bit.

In short, a quick glance lets you know that the legendary in the consignment shop or your inventory is special indeed for Legendary+ weapons

moot
07-18-2013, 02:08 AM
Here you go...

wow thanks....

Azepeiete
07-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the clarification Warrior name - what then is the significance of the different icons?

I'm looking for the quote on another thread by carapace, but there is no difference. The icons represent rarity and whether they are just some plat-bought daggers or if they are elite, which baffles me because of the whole green and blue rarity daggers also appearing to be elite. Ill find the thread.

EDIT: Jaytb beat me to the punch.

jakesushiroll
07-22-2013, 08:55 PM
i use aimed shot, nox, trap and shadow veil.

ShadowGunX
07-23-2013, 10:24 AM
i use trap+veil+razor nd i usually switch trap to aimshot (has combat medic)