PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU move?

TheBaconKing
04-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Which do you prefer, The virtual analog stick or the tap to move? Also, mentioning if you play on iPhone/iPod or iPad would be helpful!

I play on the iPhone, and feel that analog stick works better for the iPhone.

If I had an iPad I would probably use the tap to move. The bigger screen, in my opinion, would make it easier to move that way.

nerdherd
04-29-2010, 02:13 PM
I play on an iPad and always use the tap-to-move. I've never liked virtual joysticks though.

pyro
04-29-2010, 02:18 PM
I thought I'd prefer tap to move (as a former Diablo addict) but found it a little clunky in use. I tend to use the joystick/swipe the screen to turn combo, almost as if I'm playing WoW with my keyboard/mouse, along with liberal use of the automatic running you do when you auto attack.

Draeli
04-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Being an enchantress, I like to keep moving while I shoot at the bad guys, (kiting is my life!), so the tap to move just didn't work too well for me. It took awhile to get used to the placement of the joystick on the iPad, but I really like it now.

pyro
04-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Being an enchantress, I like to keep moving while I shoot at the bad guys, (kiting is my life!), so the tap to move just didn't work too well for me. It took awhile to get used to the placement of the joystick on the iPad, but I really like it now.

Same here, I found the iPad stick placement awkward, or at least awkward in the sense that it forces your hand in a very specific place, which seems anti-iPad more than anti-iPhone. So I'm looking forward to being able to move it in addition to resizing it, which I'm sure will come in a future update.