PDA

View Full Version : Similar Places in AL & PL

Energizeric
07-07-2013, 12:39 AM
Kind of funny how STS reuses the same themes from PL.

Blackenridge is pretty original, but then everything that comes after is similar in theme to PL

Ydra Forest = Forest Haven/Dark Forest (all forest themes)

Dead City = Alien Oasis (both desert themes)

Kraken Isles = Humania (both island paradise themes)

Nordr = Lost Expedition (both northern frozen ice themes)

And coming soon:

Realm of Shadows = Shadow Caves??

I suppose there are only so many themes you can use for the climate & type of region. But how about something not in PL, like maybe a jungle theme, or how about an island theme but not sunny and paradise but instead bad weather like a hurricane or typhoon where it's windy and you get blown around.

Can anyone think of any good ideas for future expansion themes?

Zeus
07-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Now that I think about it, Lost Expedition had ice patches too and wow were they annoying!

Jcyee
07-07-2013, 01:16 AM
I was thinking this exact same thing when I saw the news for this upcoming expansion.

I wonder what's next... Circus? Volcanoes?

joshtheboss
07-07-2013, 02:16 AM
Kind of funny how STS reuses the same themes from PL.

Blackenridge is pretty original, but then everything that comes after is similar in theme to PL

Ydra Forest = Forest Haven/Dark Forest (all forest themes)

Dead City = Alien Oasis (both desert themes)

Kraken Isles = Humania (both island paradise themes)

Nordr = Lost Expedition (both northern frozen ice themes)

And coming soon:

Realm of Shadows = Shadow Caves??

I suppose there are only so many themes you can use for the climate & type of region. But how about something not in PL, like maybe a jungle theme, or how about an island theme but not sunny and paradise but instead bad weather like a hurricane or typhoon where it's windy and you get blown around.

Can anyone think of any good ideas for future expansion themes?

Highly flawed analysis IMO.

Alhuntrazeck
07-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Now that you mention it...wow, yeah, pretty similar!
Like you said, there are only so many themes you can have...but how does an area in the sky sound? Ik its like Rook's Nest, but how about if its made up of floating clouds in the sky and winds have the power to blow you around (except in boss rooms because grr)?

Azepeiete
07-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Like maybe a jungle theme, I have been saying I wanting this and telling everyone i know i want this since season 2. I'm thinking I'm gonna make a suggestion about this on forums once the next one drops, before they start to work on 41. An Amazonian jungle would be awesome for a rogue theme, due to the similarities they have. Watcha think?

Energizeric
07-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Yup, I like the jungle theme idea. I'm sure STS appreciates any input the players can give as far as ideas like this go. You won't see it right away, but maybe down the road in some future expansion.

matanofx
07-08-2013, 05:36 AM
I dont know what maps exist in pl but id like a volcanic/underground world, fire mole pets included

We can all give a hand and help sts with ideas =]

joshtheboss
07-08-2013, 08:23 AM
I dont know what maps exist in pl but id like a volcanic/underground world, fire mole pets included

We can all give a hand and help sts with ideas =]

Black smoke mountain pocket legends latest cap.

matanofx
07-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Ok so realm of hell type maps exist in pl how about Realm Of Heaven?

Walking on clouds, fighting demons trying to reach the gates of heaven

joshtheboss
07-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Well there's angel gear but no heaven themed expansion.