PDA

View Full Version : 3rd aoe skill?

joshtheboss
07-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Excluding fire and time shift what's the next best aoe skill?

drgrimmy
07-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Excluding fire and time shift what's the next best aoe skill?

Well gale is the only other true aoe skill with the upgrade, but I am sure that most people would agree that the AOE upgrade, outward squall, is not so good, except for an few specific applications, as it just scatters mobs.

I think the next best skill is frost. Even without the 25% chance of aoe upgrade, if you charge the skill it freezes/slows multiple targets (tends to freeze the main target and slow the surrounding mobs) and with the dot upgrade it does dot to all of these enemies that are frozen/slowed (but it only does initial damage to the main target). I think an Invaluable skill for crowd control with the added bonus of dot to all mobs effected.

My next choice would be gale. The skill without the aoe upgrade affects 8 enemies in its cone when charged. The blow feature can also be used for crowd control, blowing mobs together, especially against a wall or object.

Light would be my last choice. With the aoe upgrade, does aoe 25% of the time when u kill an enemy with it. Works will if fighting low level enemies which light kills easily (eg tombs) and is pretty cool when you see the light aoe and mobs melt away :)

jb57542
07-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Since curse has been revamped it can be considered aoe as well but with the long cool downs and limited affected targets I steer clear of it.