PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Angels
07-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Which is better? Dagger sets or bow sets? Sorry nub question, I am so confused on what to buy for my fox.

Zapoke
07-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Bow sets are always better than dagger sets, unless you REALLY play fox well. Also, you should try strength sets. Some of them are really good on fox. (Glyph mace set, for example)

Angels
07-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Right, bow it is. Thank you sir!

ThePvpTwink
07-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Bow is usually better because it gives high damage = high skill damage whereas daggers give high dps = high auto attack damage. Plus bows gives 10m range or so

Reunegade
07-08-2013, 07:21 AM
IMO, Foxes are meant to play daggers because if not they would be a copy of archers.

NECROREAPER
07-08-2013, 07:27 AM
IMO, Foxes are meant to play daggers because if not they would be a copy of archers.

What's with your location

Reunegade
07-08-2013, 07:34 AM
What's with your location

To trick people :p

Sryyoulose
07-08-2013, 08:04 AM
I'd be interested to see a fox with a dagger set, higher damage then str but with armor capabilities. They also get in close real quick because at 10m they have a dash which would be when the bow comes into play.

Reunegade
07-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Just let the tank keep aggro and let the fox jump in and dish out some DPS ;)

Oldcoot
07-08-2013, 09:01 AM
I use dagger sets on my fox, pretty good close to middle range fighter for pve. I have no idea about pvp.

Zapoke
07-08-2013, 09:10 AM
I'd be interested to see a fox with a dagger set, higher damage then str but with armor capabilities. They also get in close real quick because at 10m they have a dash which would be when the bow comes into play.

Dash is 8 meters, and the bow range depends on the type of bow.

Dagger doesn't give damage, it gives DPS. Against bosses, dagger will do 1's (Unless it's a low level boss, and you have the butcher knife). DPS is deceiving, for if the enemies have high armor, your DPS goes down dramatically. That's why I choose bows over daggers. More base damage = more damage after losing some to armor.

ThePvpTwink
07-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Dash is 8 meters, and the bow range depends on the type of bow.

Dagger doesn't give damage, it gives DPS. Against bosses, dagger will do 1's (Unless it's a low level boss, and you have the butcher knife). DPS is deceiving, for if the enemies have high armor, your DPS goes down dramatically. That's why I choose bows over daggers. More base damage = more damage after losing some to armor.
Daggers do a lot of quick damage, especially on a bear with rage...goes into the hundreds in endgame pve

Reunegade
07-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Archer = Damage Dealer
Warrior = Tank
Mage = Support
Rhino = Tank and Support
and Fox = DPS

I really think foxes have the right skills to use daggers. Their dash makes them go close to the enemies (you want to be far away when wielding a bow, right?) so they dish out DPS.

Zapoke
07-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Archer = Damage Dealer
Warrior = Tank
Mage = Support
Rhino = Tank and Support
and Fox = DPS

I really think foxes have the right skills to use daggers. Their dash makes them go close to the enemies (you want to be far away when wielding a bow, right?) so they dish out DPS.

That would be a good theory if we only talk about normal mobs, but like I mentioned, the problem is bosses have high amounts of armor.

Daggers do a lot of quick damage, especially on a bear with rage...goes into the hundreds in endgame pve

Yes, well we're talking about Foxes. ;) And daggers aren't for burst, they're for over time damage. Bows (And other 2h's) are for burst.

Spyce
07-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Glyph, Demonic, and Humania Fox's are very good.

lakersrockftw
07-08-2013, 11:52 AM
This is pretty obvious,but you can use a dagger set of you want more armor. I use that because I'm making a no death toon but bow is good in its own ways because you don't have to get close.

Rouquine
07-08-2013, 02:15 PM
I prefer dagger sets with my fox, but it's all about preference from what I've seen on here and in game. Best of luck!

Canoeinator
07-08-2013, 03:00 PM
i actually need help too. In Forest Haven i have 13/14 quests completed, the quest finder says talk to the sheriff for the next quest, but I talk to him and nothing happens. What do i do?

Suentous PO
07-08-2013, 03:18 PM
my preference is either bow or str set.
daggers are ok on mobs but your low damage wont help with a boss. most dagger builds have attrocious armor.
when i found my bow set to not be sufficient i switch to str, so i do not have to worry about needing to get in close with some skills.

i actually need help too. In Forest Haven i have 13/14 quests completed, the quest finder says talk to the sheriff for the next quest, but I talk to him and nothing happens. What do i do?

try turning on the quest helper in options ( if you havent), otherwise it might be the one where u need to see vinnie, but hes not in the town, hes at the beggining of one of the first maps ( daily blessings quest; meet vinnie), im taking a wild guess here.