PDA

View Full Version : Reward Pots

FluffNStuff
10-21-2010, 10:41 AM
He is my thought on a possible way to nerf the rush without hurting the rushers. People have suggested that clearing a map would give the boss a chance to drop better loot, but how. My suggestion is to some how give players that clear a free luck potion. This could automagically be given to players when the map is cleared, or perhaps have a 'chest' outside the boss room that only unlocks when a set number of mobs, or perhaps all the mini bosses are, killed.

I want to go ahead and post the negatives of this so if people like the suggestion, we can all refine it:

People who wait to join maps pre cleared so they can jump in at the end.
People who have Pugs clear the map, then boot at the boss and have their friends join. (Solution could be boot removed when chest appears, but then they would just boot a couple mobs earlier, as Jerks are well, Jerks.)
Would players be hesitant with the boss if they are afraid to lose their luck pot. (Perhaps make these survive death, or the pot could be 'applied' to the boss).

So, the questions for YOU, the community:

Would this encourage you to clear?
What other issues can you see with this?
What solutions can you think of for the mentioned issues?

cry
10-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Sounds reasonable. But, really not because if you can clear the map in lets say eight minutes and then you still have to deal with boss for another five minutes then a luck potions is a hardly worth it as they hardly work. I also dislike the rush but as I mentioned before if you rush you could kill the boss maybe two, three times more than clearing. Easy way - Boss spawns after certain amount of mobs have been killed, or there is a door.

Cascade
10-21-2010, 10:46 AM
The devs should make it so that if you clear the whole lvl besides the boss...The boss will ABOSUTELY drop at least one pink possibly more..so if you clear you know the boss will drop a pink.

BurnYugo
10-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Clearing all map to make sure boss will drop a pink is a bad idea, cause it will be very easy to get all rare items.
And clearing all map to get a free luck pots, i don't like this, and rushers will never clear map for a free pots.
That's my point of view guys, not a critic.

cry
10-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Clearing all map to make sure boss will drop a pink is a bad idea, cause it will be very easy to get all rare items.
And clearing all map to get a free luck pots, i don't like this, and rushers will never clear map for a free pots.
That's my point of view.

And mine too.

Royce
10-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Luck pots are not effective enough. Futumsh said that they make finding an item about 15% faster so there would still be no reason to clear when rushing is many, many time faster. In order to fix this major issue using drop rate, the boss on a cleared map would have to drop pinks at least 5-10 times as frequently as a rushed boss. That's dramatic and I don't think we'll see it. Having bosses spawn after all (or at least most) mobs have been cleared is a much better solution IMO.

Iambirdman
10-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Luck pots are not effective enough. Futumsh said that they make finding an item about 15% faster so there would still be no reason to clear when rushing is many, many time faster. In order to fix this major issue using drop rate, the boss on a cleared map would have to drop pinks at least 5-10 times as frequently as a rushed boss. That's dramatic and I don't think we'll see it. Having bosses spawn after all (or at least most) mobs have been cleared is a much better solution IMO.

Yes like they did with haunted manor first u clear the mob room than you go to boss room