PDA

View Full Version : My expectation on dodge and crittical stats.

moot
07-10-2013, 10:36 PM
I realize that our critical and dodge stats are written as percentage. Any good rogue can reach 40% dodge at level 31.
So if level 71 caps is introduced, isn't the rogue can reach 100% on dodge stats? This percentage system doesn't make sense for me because by level 71, rogue can't be hit at all. Same things can happen with critical.

A value (like our str,dex,health, etc) system would be more suitable for crits and dodge IMHO. And percentage should only be used in skill buff (razor shield) and things that 100% isn't the maximum value (bonus damage).

Urgh, spelling error on thread title. Don't hate me please.

SkullCrusher
07-10-2013, 11:41 PM
I'm sure by the time the cap becomes pretty high and rogue's dodge and critical chances are outragesly high, they will nerf them so by the 71 cap ( if this does so happen come to be ) a pro rogue with the best gear shouldn't be able to have above 60% dodge chance, and if your dodge is 100%, I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean you will always dodge because I'm pretty sure the opponents hit chance comes into the equation. Meh, just my 2 cents. :) -Skull.

Akaee
07-11-2013, 01:30 AM
Its like skull said, besides that its a chance, not a certainty.

moot
07-11-2013, 02:01 AM
But there's no hit chance stats so we don't know.
40% chance means the rogue can be hit 6 out of 10 times.
but if 100% chance, that means the rogue cannot be hit at all.

So if you say 100% chance still not a confirmed dodge, what thats mean? lols this is confusing..

Akaee
07-11-2013, 03:40 AM
Stats of the adversary come into count, hit may be 100% but if the adversary has 20% dodge chance he still can dodge it.

Wowsome
07-11-2013, 04:48 AM
But there's no hit chance stats so we don't know.
40% chance means the rogue can be hit 6 out of 10 times.
but if 100% chance, that means the rogue cannot be hit at all.

So if you say 100% chance still not a confirmed dodge, what thats mean? lols this is confusing..

Perhaps parts of this thread can help - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?100970-2-66-dodge-vs-40-armor

SILENTCRIES
07-11-2013, 05:31 AM
Try all Dodge, It's good.

moot
07-11-2013, 07:10 AM
Perhaps parts of this thread can help - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?100970-2-66-dodge-vs-40-armor
I think this is a different topic. I know dodge is unreliable because its a chance. Armor is certain.

Let me explain, so if i have 99% dodge, the dodge can still fail 10 out of 10 hit because it has 1% of not dodge.
So it's possible if I have 99% dodge and STILL never ever dodge in my life.
While 100% dodge is a certain dodge. There's no way the dodge fail. Sorry if my point wasn't clear.

About the hit chance, there's no stats for that. I wonder why fireball skill have reduce 25% enemy hit chance. How do that calculated? We can't see that.

Wowsome
07-11-2013, 09:24 AM
I think this is a different topic. I know dodge is unreliable because its a chance. Armor is certain.

It answers your questions if read carefully.

Let me explain, so if i have 99% dodge, the dodge can still fail 10 out of 10 hit because it has 1% of not dodge.
So it's possible if I have 99% dodge and STILL never ever dodge in my life.

This is highly unlikely if 99% is your net dodge. Dodge counters hit rate. If your opponent has 169% hit rate, and your dodge is 99% - it means the opponent has a net hit rate of 70%. This means you have a net dodge of 30%. Accordingly, there is a high chance that you will dodge 3 out of 10 attacks from that opponent.

While 100% dodge is a certain dodge. There's no way the dodge fail. Sorry if my point wasn't clear.

Incorrect. If your opponent has 150% hit rate, his net hit rate becomes 50%. There is a high chance that you will dodge 5 out of 10 attacks from that opponent.

About the hit chance, there's no stats for that. I wonder why fireball skill have reduce 25% enemy hit chance. How do that calculated? We can't see that.

Hit rate is unfortunately a "hidden" factor. You can not see it on the inspect page.

Hope this helps. The numbers are of course off the top of my head.

moot
07-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Hit rate is unfortunately a "hidden" factor. You can not see it on the inspect page.

Hope this helps. The numbers are of course off the top of my head.
This is actually my problem. I can't see any hit rate. That's why I come with all the assumption. STG need to implement hit rate number in stats. Or maybe 100% is the default hit rate?

Anyway thanks for replying. :)

crazyangle03
07-13-2013, 02:54 AM
Dodge chance eh.. it doesn't work fully in AL, having 20% dodge is already a big thing but it does not work well specially in PVP..

if hit rate will be shown in the stats they should be working on making dodge useful (PVP/PVE).. I've been emphasizing this point over and over again but i got no response at all...anyway, i understand i am powerless.. ha ha..

that's why Rouge in AL only rely on 2 basic builds.. Balance Build (High HP+ Good DMG and Full Dmg build.. if there's a Dodge build (if working well) Rouges will be too imbalance in game.. (well Rouge is A.k.a NINJAS.. evade/damage)

and in my understanding hit rate is related to dexterity, without dexterity your hit rate is totally crap..