PDA

View Full Version : DPS vs DMG

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
07-11-2013, 12:28 AM
I've looked through the forum and read a bunch of guides but they all contain a ton of numbers and require a bunch of computing. Figured I'd ask one of you guys, this way I could get a clear cut answer. When trying to kill enemies which is better: a weapon with high dmg, or a weapon with high dps. I just want to be able to make runs faster so which would you suggest?

Thanks in advance

-Friendly neighborhood veteran noob.

NECROREAPER
07-11-2013, 12:50 AM
Short answer:

For bosses DMG is better
For mobs and map clearing DPS is better

Of course it gets way more indepth than that but thats an extremely terse answer.

Randomguy
07-11-2013, 12:59 AM
well if you had 1 dps and 5000000000000000 damage, you'd 1 hit KO everything, 50000 dps and 1 damage isnt helpful though

Roberto077
07-11-2013, 01:01 AM
DPS is only good against bosses. Go damage if you're looking to level and pvp but keep a dagger for bosses (if you're a bird).

ThePvpTwink
07-11-2013, 01:17 AM
Damage is better. It boosts your skill damage significantly for mobs whereas dps is only for weapon damage and auto attacks mainly for bosses.

Suentous PO
07-11-2013, 01:18 AM
Dps is not generally good against bosses unless they are a few levels lower than you. Against bosses as Necro says damage will help you get past the higher armor that the bosses have.
Most dps weapons have a low dmg, contrast that against the higher armor and you will do less damage than you think. And if you are a high dex stated toon you don't want to be toe to toe vs bosses.

joshtheboss
07-11-2013, 02:38 AM
Always go for DMG.

Waug
07-11-2013, 05:07 AM
Answer is pretty much simple - Use a logbow set (means which gives set bonus for your level) for runs, you don't have to look for anything else cuz bow has good dmg with high dps thus making it highest damaging weapon overall, even higher than what look high dps in a dagger set.

You don't want to know the mechanics you just want a weapon for your runs, so this is perfect answer.

But yeah to clarify a bit and also to simplify the answers that our most senior members said here -

DPS would be best for an enemy whose armor is very low but has huge hp.

elsmere
07-11-2013, 03:08 PM
imo and tested myself try to get high dps with good attack like a bow. also make sure you have crit and hit % us archers depend on that :)