PDA

View Full Version : How Did You Hear of the STS Game You Play?

Alhuntrazeck
07-11-2013, 07:29 AM
How did you hear of PL/SL/DL/AL? I think it'd be interesting if everybody said how they found the game they play. Here's my story:

Hunting through the Internet for games for my new Android a year or two ago, I chanced upon one that caught my attention immediately: a role-playing MMO...for mobile, and free at that! That was Pocket Legends. I created a new account and leveled it to lvl 3 and then got bored of running through Forest Haven and the ensuing levels (didn't know how to warp then). A year later (around December or January last year) I found another game on the Internet, and the developers' name instantly caught my attention. It was Arcane Legends.

Around Jan I heard of the Forums and popped on it to complain of an issue (which I later learnt to be of my device.) I then got hooked.

That's my STS life for you, what about yours?

joshtheboss
07-11-2013, 08:11 AM
I found pl on the Google play store. The end

JaytB
07-11-2013, 08:29 AM
I discovered PL when looking at some 'best games of 20xx' site. PL was the winner in the MMO category so decided to give it a try.

Uafaud
07-11-2013, 08:36 AM
._. search app store with random names and found SL downloaded it the end ._.

mollypup
07-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Blind luck

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Sryyoulose
07-11-2013, 09:07 AM
I played gunbros downloaded it for free in game currency. Leveled to 30 and quit about 1-2 months later saw it in AppStore again downloaded it. Made a bird and leveled to cap... Kept playing since then.

Cahaun
07-11-2013, 11:38 AM
I saw Pocket Legends on the play store about around the time that it was released for android, but I never bothered to go to the forums until Star Legends was announced to be in a closed beta and that I was qualified to be in it. To report bugs, I eventually signed up for the forums.

SkullCrusher
07-11-2013, 11:40 AM
I searched for "MMO" in the app store and found it. :)

Spyce
07-11-2013, 12:00 PM
My brother found it on the appstore during beta.
He got me into but sadly I forgot my account info.

Zeus
07-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Internal, what game? PL definitely did not have a beta.

Justg
07-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Actually, it did. We gathered a group of people from Touch Arcade and put them together with a group of hard-core MMO players called the Dragons (interestingly enough)... and THAT was the seed for this community!

Zeus
07-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Actually, it did. We gathered a group of people from Touch Arcade and put them together with a group of hard-core MMO players called the Dragons (interestingly enough)... and THAT was the seed for this community!

Nobody was ever told this before. :O

That's interesting!

Spyce
07-11-2013, 02:36 PM

@Apollo
Read this ^^

DocDoBig
07-11-2013, 02:38 PM
And who were these guys? ;)
Plus do they still play?

KingFu
07-11-2013, 03:18 PM
@Apollo
Read this ^^

From the sounds of it, it wasnt an open beta. I assume you mean you found SL (or DL) in the App Store during beta.

I searched "Pocket" in the App Store. Downloaded it a few days after it was released.

Spyce
07-11-2013, 03:21 PM
From the sounds of it, it wasnt an open beta. I assume you mean you found SL (or DL) in the App Store during beta.

I searched "Pocket" in the App Store. Downloaded it a few days after it was released.

Sorry, I didn't mean beta.
Mean't founders.

Zeus
07-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean beta.
Mean't founders.

Sorry, but I call major BS. I don't see the concept of why people need to pretend to be founders when they really are not.

In other words, pics or it didn't happen.

Spyce
07-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Sorry, but I call major BS. I don't see the concept of why people need to pretend to be founders when they really are not.

In other words, pics or it didn't happen.

I played during founders but I didn't save my account.
Call it whatever you want.

Zeus
07-11-2013, 04:25 PM
I played during founders but I didn't save my account.
Call it whatever you want.

And you didn't mention it now, plus you've shown on numerous occasions of lacking knowledge that a founder would usually have?

I'll call it as I said before. Honestly, I really don't see the point of the "fake founders" clique. If you were, people would know, plain and simple.

May I ask what your character name was?

Spyce
07-11-2013, 04:28 PM
And you didn't mention it now, plus you've shown on numerous occasions of lacking knowledge that a founder would usually have?

It's been awhile..
I've played plenty of games from 3 years ago..
I'm not what you call a "true" founder since I don't have it anymore.
Believe what you want.

Zeus
07-11-2013, 04:32 PM
It's been awhile..
I've played plenty of games from 3 years ago..
I'm not what you call a "true" founder since I don't have it anymore.
Believe what you want.

What was your char name? STS could retrieve it for you.

What about the email you registered the account with?

Spyce
07-11-2013, 04:35 PM
What was your char name? STS could retrieve it for you.

What about the email you registered the account with?

I don't even remember my character name.
Believe I played as a guest.

Just drop the subject then.

Zeus
07-11-2013, 04:42 PM
I don't even remember my character name.
Believe I played as a guest.

Just drop the subject then.

Subject dropped upon request. Btw, I sent you a PM so please check your notifications box.

KingFu
07-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Oh! Oh! I call major BS too!

Late
07-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Found PL first in free role playing

Suentous PO
07-12-2013, 03:48 PM
I rode on the buss and saw this guy playing often, he wasn't a teenager so I wondered what could be interesting.
Looked at the title page when he logged on, went home downloaded pl.
Much later after I had been on forums, I found out it was Snakespear (goa if u didn't know) and we live few short blocks from each other. Great guy!

joshtheboss
07-12-2013, 07:13 PM
I rode on the buss and saw this guy playing often, he wasn't a teenager so I wondered what could be interesting.
Much later after I had been on forums, I found out it was Snakespear (goa if u didn't know) and we live few short blocks from each other. Great guy!

Wow. Small world.

KingFu
07-12-2013, 08:00 PM

That's awesome. I was on a flight a 2 months ago and saw some guy playing while we were boarding. Pretty sure he was some random guy in Fathom leveling a Mage. Would be crazy to see someone like Snake though.

Caiahar
07-13-2013, 08:17 AM
I found PL after looking up "best free games for Android" and lo and behold, PL was there.
@suentousususupooo: OMG..:O

Blind
07-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Never played an mmo in my life, so when i was sick i went to the app store and typed MMO...

900 or so $ gone...

dudetus
07-13-2013, 04:08 PM
5 years ago I searched with my iphone7 for MMOs in the google play store and stumbled across PL. I was a founder and played all the way to Fang cap in the first version of the beta. Then I got bored and quit.

Unfortunately I logged in as a guest and can't remember my char's name.

But I'm totally a Founder though.

Promagin
07-13-2013, 04:08 PM
That is legit of course. ^

Suentous PO
07-13-2013, 05:43 PM
@suentousususupooo: OMG..:O

@ scabbyfart - ikr

Zeus
07-13-2013, 06:51 PM
5 years ago I searched with my iphone7 for MMOs in the google play store and stumbled across PL. I was a founder and played all the way to Fang cap in the first version of the beta. Then I got bored and quit.

Unfortunately I logged in as a guest and can't remember my char's name.

But I'm totally a Founder though.

I love you for this. I truly don't understand the need for people to pretend to be oldies.

Caiahar
07-13-2013, 09:50 PM
@ scabbyfart - ikr

Scabbyfart? Alright suentweet POop ;) (no insult intended) time for WAR!

Tricon
07-14-2013, 04:06 AM
ive been playing sts games since april 2011 :) i found pl in the app store a year after its release. lol fun times. made it to lvl 45 then they released sl and i went there . then dl came out and i left sl hehe and now im currently playing al since theres not much to do in dl nowadays :/

Zojak
07-14-2013, 11:30 PM
I love you for this. I truly don't understand the need for people to pretend to be oldies.

They all just want to be old farts like us real founders! :)

but anywho I legit woke up with a tummy ache like 2nd week the game was out, and was on my iPhone on the toilet and found it, thought it looked cool so i DL'd it and made Axim :)

dudetus
07-15-2013, 07:30 AM

Yes, those fake Founder's are so annoying.

Glad we real Founders know who played back then and who didn't.

The Happiness
07-15-2013, 09:32 AM
I had 2 rl friends who played pl from about September 2010. They kept nagging me to join and I wouldn't ....I didn't play games plus I was going through a bit of a hard time. Anyway, they forced me to download it in November 2010 (actually I think I lost a drinking game and it was a forfeit). I didn't enjoy it at first and was relatively clueless (some of you may think, not much has changed there then) but gradually I got hooked. Neither of them have played for about 18 months or more but I am still here everyday! Not sure if I should thank them for introducing me or curse them!

Wowsome
07-15-2013, 10:03 AM
A colleague of mine introduced me (and 2 other colleagues) to AL. He found it through Play Store.

We were total n00bs and slowly discovered many things together. When I realized that my first warrior (L16) was a disaster, I started from scratch with "Wowsome". I still PvP at L16 with my first warrior.. I refined it.

Interestingly, all 3 of them quit during S3. I am still semi-active.

Cascade
07-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Way back in May 2010 (Ancient, right?), my mom got an iPad. I was super excited because it had just come out recently and I was browsing the app store and I happened upon PL. There you have it. I'm not really a founder since I joined a month late, but I suppose you could call me an "oldie".

DocDoBig
07-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Way back in May 2010 (Ancient, right?), my mom got an iPad. I was super excited because it had just come out recently and I was browsing the app store and I happened upon PL. There you have it. I'm not really a founder since I joined a month late, but I suppose you could call me an "oldie".

Pro, one day after Mysticaldream.

Drearivev
07-15-2013, 05:55 PM
Just looked for mmo's in the Play Store. Found AL. Sounded and looked cool. Downloaded it. Loved it.

There's my story :)

saiyen
07-18-2013, 03:11 AM
Got my first android (bday gift), the first game i downloaded from 'android market' was pl, played it for a week got banned for 7 days(for being racist) then left game.. 7-8months later saw sl on market, i was like 'lets give it a try' and got hooked real bad.. I joined just before 30 cap.. So far 3k$+invested on this single game.. Later started playing pl again and lvled upto 66lvl.. Then ragequitted again lol

Schnitzel
07-18-2013, 10:50 AM
My friend spammed my email with "PLAY PL!!!!!!"
Now I play pl...

Garvhoz
07-19-2013, 03:16 AM
Well, I was just browsing the Android market at that time, and I was just looking for some games to feed my boredom. I found pocket legends and saw that it had the word "pocket" on it. During that time I thought all good games start with "pocket" and I liked the icon. I played around the time where you could be a founder, though I wasn't too good and only got to around lv26 or so. I played every single STS game out there and returned to level up my guy and am now lv31. I don't play as much cause I don't got wifi and the service where I live sucks too.

Sariita
07-24-2013, 09:43 PM
I got my second Android device (my phone) and I was looking for a good game :) I typed the word "Legends", Then I dowloaded PL (I didn't like it), SL (I didn't understand), DL (I actually play it a little :p) Finally I found Arcane Legends♥♥♥ *-*
The end
-Sarii