PDA

View Full Version : combined "best" reasons to boot

Arterra
10-21-2010, 07:00 PM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/56c677a3.jpg
Trueplayer... reason: z

well hello Mr. too busy to boot properly in your 2 person team...

add yours, this is the best boot vent thread.

KingFu
10-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Yeah, true player boots people all the time. He gets annoying :/

CanonicalKoi
10-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Was booted with reason, "boot" (kinda recursive, eh?). Found out later from the friend that invited me that the reason was that the 14-year-old "owner" only wanted 50's. I was but a lowly 49.75. Somehow, life will go on without my having been graced by the young man's presence. I'm sure that remaining batch of XP has made all the difference in my game-play. :rolleyes:

Arterra
10-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Was booted with reason, "boot" (kinda recursive, eh?). Found out later from the friend that invited me that the reason was that the 14-year-old "owner" only wanted 50's. I was but a lowly 49.75. Somehow, life will go on without my having been graced by the young man's presence. I'm sure that remaining batch of XP has made all the difference in my game-play. :rolleyes:

SHOOT they are back... l33t capped nubs...

FluffNStuff
10-21-2010, 07:20 PM
I got the reason 'Gay' when my alt( a level 37) was booted from a swamps game because 45's wanted to farm it. I got a screenshot bur never reported. So I guess I will take this time to say thank you to zerodeaths for showing why making immature kids give a reason to boot is a bad idea.

Arterra
10-21-2010, 07:21 PM
the two letters I have gotten are "J" and "z"... whats up with those?

CanonicalKoi
10-21-2010, 07:24 PM
the two letters I have gotten are "J" and "z"... whats up with those?

"J" is for "jealous" and "Z" is for "zero" and the booters are both, perhaps? ;)

KingFu
10-21-2010, 07:27 PM
I got the reason 'Gay' when my alt( a level 37) was booted from a swamps game because 45's wanted to farm it. I got a screenshot bur never reported. So I guess I will take this time to say thank you to zerodeaths for showing why making immature kids give a reason to boot is a bad idea.

That guy is a loser IMO, I mean, he has like 300 deaths and his name is "Zerodeaths" come on. Lol

regie831
10-21-2010, 08:20 PM
what a douche...oh well worst one for me was, reason:"n" = noob?.. it's ridiculous -_-

Tvis
10-21-2010, 08:26 PM
The day after Halloween came out in the game, I decided to join a crush the keeper game. There were two players at the time. I was dressed in my skeleton costume, because I figured if we only get it for a limited time, we might as well use it. Anyway, I got booted with the reason of "Skeleton." The day after Halloween came out. How messed up is that!

CanonicalKoi
10-21-2010, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't boot somebody for wearing a costume, but I know I've tried to "kill" some of my teammates dressed like aliens in AO2&3. :D

Ellyidol
10-21-2010, 09:06 PM
I logged on once, my first game in the older Ao2-4 map looking for a Zuraz, guy named Bludd booted me because I apparently told him that luck elixirs are unlucky -.- First game, and Idc if you use luck elixirs. Funny thing is, now I don't think he even remembers when he tries to add me and says hello.

Tvis
10-21-2010, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't boot somebody for wearing a costume, but I know I've tried to "kill" some of my teammates dressed like aliens in AO2&3. :D

Lol, I do too. It gets tough when teammates are aliens and begin to mix with the enemies. I end up trying to kill my enemies and my teammates. hahaha

CanonicalKoi
10-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Lol, I do too. It gets tough when teammates are aliens and begin to mix with the enemies. I end up trying to kill my enemies and my teammates. hahaha

Tanking in AO2 tonight and couldn't figure out why "beckon" wasn't working on about half the aliens in the mob. Lol!

Melange
10-22-2010, 05:03 AM
Trueplayer... reason: z

I remember that name, been booted by it. Remember thinking "oh too much of a true player to play with anyone else are you"

I have had "m" and "gtfo" lol
And "sorry, private game" uh isn't that why passwords exist?

Ellyidol
10-22-2010, 05:09 AM
I remember that name, been booted by it. Remember thinking "oh too much of a true player to play with anyone else are you"

I have had "m" and "gtfo" lol
And "sorry, private game" uh isn't that why passwords exist?

Been booted by the same guy too. With a J. I pm'd him saying "Say so when your full, its not that long to type". And he replied with "full sorry". -.-

The private game thing is kinda weird at the moment. Passwords make anyone not on your list unable to join, but still allows people from your friend list to get in. Yeah friend lists are good for only people who you actually know, but sometimes you just need to add someone for convenience sake.

Riccits
10-22-2010, 05:16 AM
i had sometimes:
LOW (when i was 48 in AO3)
FULL
or simply SORRY

but why the devs hat implemented to write reason..? often ppl wirte only one letter...

Tailless
10-22-2010, 07:07 AM
lol, yeah last night I got booted by XFirearcher with "K" as the reason

Arterra
10-22-2010, 07:52 AM
I like how yanis said sorry full team instead of booting. I said Aww and left on my own accord. That was alright.

CanonicalKoi
10-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Asking, from both sides, rather than just auto-booting is nice. I've arrived, seen that there's already two mages and offered to either leave or come back with my tank. And I've seen players tell an under-powered player just that: you won't survive here and given them the option to do the honorable thing.

Arterra
10-22-2010, 02:37 PM
i had a lv 43 enter a crush keeper... since i hate deciding i let it vote. they all said boot.
do I lose the lv 43 or all my players above 45?

araziza
10-22-2010, 02:37 PM
i got booted by chickenduk with the reason "3,2,1...Boom!"

Vyvin
10-22-2010, 02:59 PM
i got booted for the reason "pot up"
even though i potted and died because the team cares to much about pinks....
i remember the days when if u died the team would stay back and help until i got up...
and now there to Civilized to care.
/Vyvin

Arterra
10-22-2010, 08:15 PM
i remember the days when if u died the team would stay back and help until i got up...
/Vyvin

certainly not in AO2 were i came into the scene... while i walk all the way back i see scarab bows dropping, a legend lance, maybe a dark matter...

gwippy
10-22-2010, 09:21 PM
wow all these one letter boots are annoying i've been booted for 'B' and thats been the most common

CanonicalKoi
10-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Somewhere, hidden behind the third brick in a dank and noisome alley, resides a small, greasy, well-worn book. It's once colorful cover is now begrimed by the clutching, twisted hands of many a troll. If the sun ever brightened the alley from it's normal murky state, the name of this tome might be read: Th3 133t T0p-53cr3t B00t3r'5 C0d3 (subtitled: The Booter's Alphabet for Dummies).

Riccits
10-25-2010, 01:39 AM
/Vyvin

Lesrider and me are always run back and help some player to rush when hes died...

jonboy
10-25-2010, 01:47 AM
@Canonical, love your mind :)

I must be special I only had two boots recently (don't get many) and they were all really nice, with sorry holding a space for a friend or sorry need a bear.

Teflon
10-25-2010, 02:19 AM
Got booted by TP as well so I guess I'll join the club. Was booted once with a "Bye U Paw" message. Still trying to figure out what that means ;-) LOL.

I have actually only booted once in my entire time here on PL and it was to boot a player that booted me just when we got to the Boss (somehow I remembered who that person was and did the same LMAO). Like someone else here said, I'd rather ask if that player could leave and I give him/her a justified reason for why we are asking that he/she be excused.

On my part, I typically ask if I can join a game or I send the host a PM saying "Can I join u?". I've found that in most cases, they appreciate me asking rather than just crashing their game. Cheers!

Riccits
10-25-2010, 02:22 AM
i often boot ppl lvl < 10 when enter in my AO3..

gwippy
10-25-2010, 03:37 AM
im gonna boot random low levels tonight

icantgetkills
10-25-2010, 03:49 AM
Omg he can be a nomony for my douche of the month award :D

gwippy
10-25-2010, 03:50 AM
the BOOTINATOR!!

TwinkTastical
10-25-2010, 03:57 AM
the BOOTINATOR!!

Tourn match NOW

Superzarop
10-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Guys dont you get the common and classic "."?
Its like an eye, staring at you and mocking you for accepting the failful boot from a immature kid.

King Kamehameha
10-25-2010, 12:48 PM
i had sometimes:
LOW (when i was 48 in AO3)
FULL
or simply SORRY

but why the devs hat implemented to write reason..? often ppl wirte only one letter...

True I've been booted for reasons
Sorry we're full
noob (when I was level 45 before ao3 was out)
srry (yatsuhashi) (if you're really sorry them don't boot people just for joining)
x
s
bye
get a life (true)
47s only (I was/still am lv47 (I have played hundreds of victory laps and am still 47))
and my personal fav:team game (he wanted 5 and I was 5th so thank you aivymicheal)

Arterra
10-25-2010, 02:33 PM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/4804bcc7.jpg

lol "u"... either he read my thread and now I will NEVER get in or its just one of his fav letters to use when messing with someone (most likely)

also, apparently Buddyf was given the choice... wtf?!

Superzarop
10-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Got booted by Trueplayer again today because i died once while trying enter a portal in VL. He could have just waited 15 sec for me.

CanonicalKoi
10-25-2010, 05:42 PM
@Canonical, love your mind :)

You, sir, are far too kind. :D

Gaabob
10-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Lol I am in the habit of msging people that boot like that. Ex.

Sweetieheart booted you for reason: J
You tell sweetieheart: aren't you such a sweetie- btw only noobs boot for reason "J"

She got so mad lol I thought she might have a hussy fit.

j46g629h
10-25-2010, 07:52 PM
got booted by Centaurorius with reason: si

I wanted to know what htat mean but he didn't said any words after that

Saucee
10-25-2010, 08:16 PM
This thread is seriously making me laugh... Thanks for the giggles, everyone!

I've been booted before. Usually with the excuse, "full, soz" or the ever-popular single, random letter.

I've also booted before, but my excuse is always, "Sorry, full team atm" or something similar.

As I reread this, I realize that I'm adding absolutely nothing to the conversation here. Sorry about that. I'm clicking "Post" anyways. ;)

Arterra
10-26-2010, 06:42 AM
My not finding good teams has led to me soloing swamps repetitively. Who's joining?

CanonicalKoi
10-26-2010, 07:18 AM
I've been playing in the swamps, too, and hitting up the Balefort grate, so doing something other than soloing would be nice. Most of the invites on my 50 of late have been Victory Lap, but they always turn into rushes. :(

Arterra
10-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Guess what.

TRUPLAYER HAS AN ACCOUNT.

welcome to the forum, your worst nightmare. :cool:

Gamelova
10-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Everyone gets booted, its the ridiculous people that do it which ticks people off for absurd reasons such as: B, a , just random letters..
Now I would understand if you didn't like the person or you just don't have any respect for them OR you just want to stay away from that person their may be a reason to boot that person.
Otherwise their just some Bossy people who want you to do what they say or get booted.
Too much..

Riccits
10-27-2010, 09:36 AM
but its really a problem when you have a team and finish a rush, then somone remake game but not everyone is joining immediatly... so often u must boot a lots of ppl... but, u can allways advice them friendly!

setec
10-27-2010, 09:41 AM
I think people are typing random characters because a minimum of one character is required as a boot reason to boot someone. They should have quick boot chat options so you can have those canned reasons at the ready. (i.e. "Sorry, only 45+")

Arterra
10-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Them we would see random reasons and add to confusion...

Brennan
07-31-2011, 11:24 PM
if you know me for booting dont blame me my friends always need a spot from me so pm me and say i would like a spot and i will get you in to any sort of lobby you want.

WoundedEagle
07-31-2011, 11:30 PM
I don't boot much. Lol (old thread) but when I do boot I write a paragraph boot followed by another paragraph or two pm ^.^ And if I'm not in a great mood or booting is completely necessary I boot for reason of: Is this the boot button?
Gives me a laugh every time lol

YYZ????
07-31-2011, 11:38 PM
Booted yesterday because the maker of the game sent me a friend request and demanded that I add him or get booted. I added him... to the ignore list!

Lysdexic
08-01-2011, 09:04 AM
DEVS!!!

I will pay STS $100 if you implement a check on short boot reasons (2 chars or less preferably) that boots the jackarse who types it instead of they player they are booting. I'll make it $200 if you implement it without telling anyone!

Silentarrow
08-01-2011, 09:17 AM
got booted by Centaurorius with reason: si

I wanted to know what htat mean but he didn't said any words after that
Si or 四, means four in Chinese :D.

Matutd
08-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Si or 四, means four in Chinese :D.
si is also yes in spanish

the best reason ive ever been given is cya later lol
and another player, cant remember his name, waited til we got to the boss and then booted me with reason, hope u had a nice run

Mothwing
08-01-2011, 10:28 AM
I got reason "Dude you stole my friends spot!!!!" and there was 2 people in the party....i was super confused

Mothwing
08-01-2011, 10:31 AM
I don't boot much. Lol (old thread) but when I do boot I write a paragraph boot followed by another paragraph or two pm ^.^ And if I'm not in a great mood or booting is completely necessary I boot for reason of: Is this the boot button?Gives me a laugh every time lolDouble posting...bug i remember u telling me that and i used it a couple times...also have u guys seen the lvl 53 or something wearing the winged armor with a shotgun and death helmet? At first i was like...r u serious??? Then he joined a second time and i had to boot him...

Driazsomethingiforgot
08-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Trueplayer is a true nub. So many times has he booted players when we reached trash heap in catacombs. I know ignore this infant and never join his games. Hes not worth mines or anyones time. Maybe if nobody joins his games and he learns that him being a $&@ has backfired on him he would change his ways... Well maybe... Probably not.

Zerious
08-01-2011, 03:09 PM
if i ever boot, it's either for an honest reason or something funny so that they at least get booted and a laugh :)

ex:
-My undies were on backwards
-Your fly's down
-I'm the noob here, I mustn't be disturbed to achieve pro-ness!
-Split up and look for Waldo that way
-Did you see that bird hit that window?
-The good news is you can save tons on your car insurance by switching to Geico

etc etc

Raazesk
08-01-2011, 09:05 PM
if i ever boot, it's either for an honest reason or something funny so that they at least get booted and a laugh

ex:
-My undies were on backwards
-Your fly's down
-I'm the noob here, I mustn't be disturbed to achieve pro-ness!
-Split up and look for Waldo that way
-Did you see that bird hit that window?
-The good news is you can save tons on your car insurance by switching to Geico

etc etc

Haha that's hilarious!

The weirdest boots I've ever seen were: Username booted you with the reason Pop goes the weasal
And Username booted you with the reason You're not the king here. The latter boot was directed at someone whose name was King____ <--- Can't remember.

Asaciuacor
08-02-2011, 12:34 AM
well, i boot players all the time, but im doing sewer runs or victory lap runs for drops, and low levels slow you down thats a fact, when you have to do 300 boss runs for one pink, we dont have time to sit and wait for someone who's not even helping the pack.
as for TruePlayer, you cant say he's a noob.. he's very good at this game lol, he's just kind of stuck up, a lot.. really

Survivorfan
08-02-2011, 05:53 AM
You are all forgetting the most noobish reason! I've had people boot me with this:
Has booted you from the game for the reason: .

A DOT!