PDA

View Full Version : Evl's Basic Defense Guide

Evl1312
07-11-2013, 04:05 PM
===Evl's Basic Defense GUIDE==== 7/11/13 ***Diagrams messed up on here. For full diagrams and the guide download the attachment which is this guide with everything perfect***

Welcome to the world of Battle Dragons! The new Android game in which you pin hordes of blood-thirsty Dragons against another persons village of huge dragon towers that attack anything in sight.

But how does one defend against such incredible froces without losing so much gold or sheep? This Guide gives you a basic defense strategy and tips on how to best position your dragon towers, gold heap, sheep corral, gold mine, sheep barn, camps, and other various items in the BD(Battle Dragons) world.

-----Contents-----
1. Intro (the above section)
2. Major assets and where to place them
3. Minimal assets and where to place them
4. Where to put your dragons
5. Utilizing buildings
6. Defenses
7. The mind of a conqueror
8. Conclusion

***This Guide was made in the current version of BD as of 7/11/13 and additions/refinements may come at a later date. Also feel free to add to this guide! This is just my version***

Everyone is BD is given loads of buildings to place around a map littered with rocks trees and so forth. But what should you really be focusing on? You got your hall,gold heaps, gold mines, sheep corrals, sheep barns, dojos, camps, research facilities, builders, and tribe hall, plus any extra items such as sheep that blow, up, karma signs that make noise, etc. etc.

Thats quite a lot of things! But what's you main stuff? Your main buildings are your hall, sheep corrals, and gold heaps. BOOM! Easy right? The best way to remember the important stuff is to ask yourself "what stores all my stuff?" and then you get these 2 building types. Also the key to a victory is destroying the hall so you MUST protect it. Now all there is to do is place it. Simple right? Below is a diagram of where to place these major assets. For these purposes will will say you have 2 gold heaps and 2 sheep corrals.

LEGEND

-GH= Gold Heap
-SC= Sheep Corral
-H= Hall
-D= Dragon
-MB= Minimal building
-EB= Extra building
-W= Walls

|
|
|
| HGHSC
| SC GH
|
|
|
|
|
|
|________________________________

Notice how I left a space in between the bottom 2? That's going to serve a purpose later. Also the buildings are in the middle so it takes dragons a few second to get there. This will also serve a purpose later in the guide.

Ok so you placed your storage holders. Now it's time to figure out where to put all these smaller Creating buildings. I say creating because while most of the Minimal buildings do hold units, sheep, gold, etc.; they are also creating units,sheep,gold,etc. The amounts they create and hold are often small enough to be disreagrded to an attacker(which i'll explain later). If you play every day or even every other day or whatever these small currencies are nothing to worry about. It's best not to place all your MB in one place. Why? If you put them all in one place they add up. If you place 5 huddled and your opponent gets a gobbler army they will take them out in an instant and get a good sum of gold/sheep.

Let us take the diagram in the previous section and update it.For these purposes you will have 4 sheep barns/gold mines, 2 camps and 3 dojos. These will b listed as the same thing so you decide where you want to place your buildings

|
|
|
| HGHSC MB
| SC GH MB
|
| MBMBMB
|
|
|MBMB

I put some MB in the corners so the attacker will have choose which route he wants to take. In any case the units auto-attack the closest "favorite" or just the closest thing which will be the main camp.

So now we have all of our buildings down! But wait, it's not time to celebrate yet. We need some defense if we are to fend off people. This is where you choose your dragons. Each dragon has a type of attack that decides it's DPS(damage per second), HP(hit points), and either single or area splash effect. Now we take the our previous diagram and make it confusing! Just kidding, we are gonna add some Dragons. For this purpose we will say your have 5 dragons total. The type is up to you.

|
|
| D D
| HGHSCD MB
| DSCDGH MB
|
|
| MBMBMB
|
|
|MBMB

Dragons work best when they have support! So always remember to look at the circle when you select a dragon. If 3 dragons cover the same area then they will work together on that area. I buffed up defense on the hall since that is our main priority. The D above the GH is in the middle so it can assist both sides. Maybe on the right it just sees the border of the GH but that always helps! Upgrading your dragons also helps a bunch with destroying hordes. It increases the DPS so killing units is easier.

Ok so all this stuff is out to be defended. Now you have any other building besides the ones on the map to place. But are they that important to place in the main section? The answer is not really. You can place them on the surrounding areas of the main section. You do this to delay the attacker even more. The MB's near the main section delay the enemy if he comes from that direction. So let's make stuff to delay the attack on our main buildings/dragons.

We are gonna update our previous map with new addtions. For this purpose let's say you have 2 builders, a tribe hall, and 2 signs(virtue,respect,etc.).

|
|
| EB D D EB
| EB HGHSCD MB
| DSCDGH MB
|
| EB EB
| MBMBMB
|
|
|MBMB

Notice that 2 EBs are together. That's so the dragons can attack while the attacker is on those 2 EBs. The other EBs serve the same purpose.

Ok so you have EVERYTHING,finally. Everything is set up to delay and protect and all that good stuff. But you're thinking "Evl how can I further protect my main section!?". Well I have the answer. The answer is WALLS! Yes, you can build walls around EVERYTHING!! But you might just wanna focus on ur main buildings/dragons. Walls at ANY level (yes even level 1) serve great to delay the enemy. It's a barrier so your dragons can attack pesky units that come close. It also serves to delay overall time. Some units take 10 seconds or longer to destroy a wall! By that time a dragon can almost surely destroy a unit.

Let us do one more update on our map to include walls. NOTE, this may be VERY CONFUSING.

|
|
| EB WDWDWEBWW
| EB WHWGHWSCDW MB
| WDSCDGHWW MB
| WWWW
| EB EB
| MBMBMB
|
|
|MBMB

PHEW! That's a lot of walls. Basically everything has a wall left, right, above, and below it. Just upgrade these at your own pace to further delay your attacker. If you want you can just focus around the area of your hall and a few spaces from it but do as you wish.

Ok so the attacker is looking at your base. What does the attacker go for? Where do they begin? The will most likely go to the place that's not guarded by dragons a lot or your gold heap. Everyone wants gold! Be sure to protect your GH and SC properly or you may have the hurt put on you by the enemy. Sometimes they may just even make one unit to rush you, see how it does, and then act accordingly to battle results. If you find your defenses are not working then rearrange them or upgrade dragons/walls.

An important thing to remember is to put the GH/SC with the highest current storage (10k in one and 3k in the other) in the middle of your main village. The lowest one will be less likely to get attacked and the enemy will try to go after something else that's easier to obtain.

Defending a base is hard work and takes lots of time and resources to develop. You won't get a "perfect" defense in a day or maybe even a week. You gotta upgrade and test and rearrange and then test again. Hopefully all the info I provided today will help you and many others in the BD world and help you get a good defense.

Thanks for reading my guide! If you have questions or comments please feel free to post. And I may just do a basic attack guide if you guys like this!

Cheenivie
07-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Dude thought you said it was basic... took me an hour to read and understand it:P

vholt
07-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Awesome guide, are you gonna add screenshots to replace the text pictures? It would be so cool! d:

Evl1312
07-12-2013, 09:07 PM
well the only pic i got is a full complete base (my base).

And yea it took me an hour to type so that's valid. It's a bit simple though haha I just explain things

Alhuntrazeck
07-13-2013, 06:04 AM
Ultra confusing I didn't bother deciphering the images lol. Well explained though, if there were screenies it'd be a bit better :p

Ape
07-13-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm not sure but isn't it better to put all those small buildings that dont hurt in front of ur walls so it gives you a bonus defence like an extra wall.

Multibird
07-13-2013, 02:05 PM
i'm not sure but isn't it better to put all those small buildings that dont hurt in front of ur walls so it gives you a bonus defence like an extra wall.
that is correct

Evl1312
07-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Yea in some cases but tit still adds up if ur opponent has an army of gobblers. hes just gonna spawn them in front of ur resources and destroy them. i even saw some dude who attacked me go to a corner to get my stuff then the dragons auto attacked another random building and then my dragons pwned them. Better than them auto attacking another resource producer in my opinion.

As for pics I won't do that bc it took me like 30 mins to place down all my walls and to do it over would b a pain but i'll show my complete base 34807