PDA

View Full Version : Windmill vs axe throw ?????

Late
07-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Right now I have windmill for pve and no pvp is axe throw better?

jb57542
07-11-2013, 06:23 PM
I play toons of each class. I personally say that Axe throw is indeed annoying windmill is the better off the two because it can hit multiple targets multiple times.

Late
07-11-2013, 06:24 PM
So axe throw can hit multiple targets?

xcainnblecterx
07-11-2013, 06:26 PM
So axe throw can hit multiple targets?

Axe throw only hits one. Windmill hits multiple. Only reason I'd see needing axe throw is to get those runners.

jb57542
07-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Axe throw only hits one. Windmill hits multiple. Only reason I'd see needing axe throw is to get those runners.

Some pro warriors in PvP use Axe throw to pull u into their mob of ppl and kill u fast or even pull you from the spawn room (with protective bubble) so it has it's uses in PVP.

Alhuntrazeck
07-11-2013, 08:48 PM
I hear axe throw would be better bcuz if ur facing off 5v5 u can pull a member of the opposite team into ur group and let the rogues and mages finish him off, windmill isn't very useful except that it hits more than one enemy. Its a nice balance though, used for both PvE and PvP.

Sent using scattered leaves on a windy day.

Bebsi
07-11-2013, 09:18 PM
As a flagger axe throw is a must to get a few kills while u flag.
If u concentrate on vs 2-4 players at the same time windmill is the better choice.
For 1vs1 axe throw does its job.

drgrimmy
07-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I must say as a mage I don't like to face either, but I hate axe throw the most. I used to fear windmill before they nerfed it but now axe throw is my worst enemy. There is nothing like the felling of being pulled into an enemy group to certain death. I can't tell you the countless number of times that I have been pulled to my death when I would have otherwise been able to flee to safety.

xcainnblecterx
07-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I must say as a mage I don't like to face either, but I hate axe throw the most. I used to fear windmill before they nerfed it but now axe throw is my worst enemy. There is nothing like the felling of being pulled into an enemy group to certain death. I can't tell you the countless number of times that I have been pulled to my death when I would have otherwise been able to flee to safety.

Hmmm I might respec to axe throw and get rid of 5/5 dex. I've been fighting a lot of sorcs that have mad skill of keeping a warrio away from em

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
07-12-2013, 12:26 AM
windmill for grinding, axe throw for pvp

Wowsome
07-12-2013, 02:04 AM
For PvP, WM is very much kite-able while AT is not so much. Not too mention the double stun if coupled with SS, or double feeble if coupled with CS.

For PvE, I'd stick with WM and maybe get AT as a 5th.

Eski
03-05-2014, 06:19 AM
I love axe in pvp ,best way to get those fast little smurfs ^^

luka
03-05-2014, 06:47 AM
Both windmill and axe throw are good pvp skills.
If your team is balanced and isnt struggling in team fights than I say windmill cuz u get more kills that way
But, when you challenge someone to 1v1 -axe throw is definitely better and windmill is no match for it

Also, axe throw is nice when those annoying sorcs with wind are pulling your leg lol

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Sceazikua
03-05-2014, 07:19 AM
I personally liked windmil :) When I still twink I used to combo : charge VB -> charge windmill -> skyward smash uncharged. Windmill's snare is amazing in chases, while when you throw the axe and it doesnt proc stun nor skyward the oponent will be able to run away.
Btw, another reminder (off-topic) is not to charge skyward while chasing, but do charge in clashes for the extra huge AOE that has chance to apply stun to them. if you charge sky while chasing, the animation will stop you for about 1 second and cant chase more.

Zanpakuto
03-05-2014, 06:10 PM
at bosses, it's up to the warrior to get those chest splitter and ax throw feebles up and running so that the whole team doesn't die. Windmill is nice, but only for stunning them, damage wise a tank should leave it up to the party and you just want to keep them safe

Puntus
03-05-2014, 07:11 PM
windmill better for pve

Axe throw better for pvp ( no ones mentioned the feeble in axe throw , the pull and feeble makes AT one of the best skills for warrior in pvp)

inkredible
03-05-2014, 08:39 PM
i personally prefer axe throw for pvp, id say highest damage skill warrior have, windmill is good for pve
i dont like windmill much in pvp because it locks ur skill up. so if ur timing is off and accidentally used it and ur team is dying.. u cant even heal em
..it has higher cool down too, its great for tdm for sure

Ebezaanec
03-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Axe Throw is awesome for PvP. The ridiculous range you receive, coupled with the ability to cause your enemy to be "feeble" (Inability to score Crits) is great.

Ruining a rogue's crit for 2s is fun, while mages just can't outrun our range.

Cero
03-06-2014, 02:26 AM
I love axe in pvp ,best way to get those fast little smurfs ^^

Necro,

But yea axe is fun pulling smurfs and flaggers:P