PDA

View Full Version : Remove CTF Flags Achivement and LB's

gundamsone
07-11-2013, 11:47 PM
-The issue-
A large portion of Public games now are run by players from certain guilds. Why's this a problem?

They often call in guildmates to help which in a sense creates an unfair playing field because random games should be random right?...or should it be 5 guildies maxed out vs a bunch of randoms put together. The outcome is clear before the match even begins.

But the bigger issue is the golden rule for some of these pro guilds..."do not attack a guildmate in pvp", which ends up turning into a heavily 1 sided game where YOUR OWN teamates are watching you die and doing nothing to help you.
Just wait a second why on earth would they do that?...The answer is, it's because these guilds are so populated now there's often players from the same guild on both sides.

We are all aware CTF games are locked after certain number of flags are scored so to fuel this problem even further, the random side can no longer acquire new players.
Now the opposing side has several options,
- call in guildmates to uneven the playing field and increase their chance of survivability
- call in guildmates on the opposing side "come in our game free flagging"

Because Season 5 is near, people are cramming for last minute AP points and as a regular pvper i've noticed a heavy increase in:
- "If you can't beat em, then join em"...resulting in the boost in new recruits for these "big" guilds
- the amount of games dedicated to help these guildmates "flag" while the rest suffer
- the amount of ganging on a random player that joins the game while your teamates are unwilling to help
- the increasing amount of trash talking in these games... yes it's easy for winners to talk big but there's really no need to further provoke players when it's 5v3?5v2?5v1?

Why do they do this?
The most obvious answer is no one likes to lose. Who wouldn't love to play on the side with a 99% win rate.
The next obvious answer is for hungry hungry AP points.
But do these players consider how much they're effecting the game play experience for the randoms?

-The Proposal-
1. Remove CTF Flags leaderboards and achievements.

2. Split CTF games into official and non-official
Official games would be purely random, and no friend or guildie can join you.
Non-official games would have both kills and flags disabled but the option for players to join you via friends or guilds list would be enabled.

3. Remove Name & Guild Tags, so opponents would have a harder time distinguishing who on the other side is friendly and who to pick off.

4. Upon entering the game, each side will be equipped with identical outfits to further eliminate the problem in #3.

5. Eliminate the ability for others to join your game via friends/guilds list...& enable the game to remain open and not locked so new players can join and fill spots.

6. Remove the ability to PM any player on the opposing side. Now why on earth would you have a conversation with the enemy right?

7. Auto-boot players if they're inactive for over a 60 seconds.

-The Result-
My educated guess is many of these players, "using" these guilds for their own benefits will leave. While the rest will enjoy CTF for what it is.
I ask anyone out there, if this game bores you when half the team on each side is standing on the flag circle waiting for the next flag to pop up.

Ultimately, the game play experience for these random players is somewhat ruined because of this.
I challenge any big guild out there to argue this one out and I also politely ask these pvp guilds to abolish the "do not attack guildmates" rule.
If you join a side, you're obligated to help that side PERIOD.

Thanks for the read and please keep the posts constructive.
I would really love to hear people's experiences and their opinions on this issue.

*Based on the feedback so far, a mixture of the proposals listed above would hopefully create a more friendlier, enjoyable & competitive PVP environment*

Photo Collection *mostly self explanatory*

Serra flagging to 4 on our side with no help to our team. Ramyun/Iron freely letting him flag meanwhile farming the rest of us.
Easy kills for blue, easy flags for Serra...win win situation for the pros.
http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j366/goharago/12346_zps0ed214b2.jpg

Trenton
07-11-2013, 11:55 PM
I also made a "less detailed" thread about this a few weeks earlier ;) I think it's simply wrong, because some of these guilds actually kick you if you accidentally kill a member, and it's quite annoying. All they're doing is farming flags, and if you have, say 8 guildies at the same level, 5 can join one team, 3 join another and then 2 randoms join. Those 2 randoms are at a 2v5 because of that "No guildie killing" rule. It's childish and I'm pretty sure no one actually likes this rule, they just go with it to, like you said, get the AP points. It's annoying and needs to be stopped.

katish
07-12-2013, 12:16 AM
I am opposed to not killing guildies as well - the arguement is that it creates drama between guildies, which for me is just nonsense. If you are one of those who get bummed about being killed by a guildie, leave the match. If you stay you're most likely getting killed, that's just part of the game.

Personally I try to go along whatever is going on when I join a match, so I'll enjoy the carnage or the flagging or the 1x1 whatever the majority is doing. What I don't like is having 1 astray player just running havoc when everyone else in the match has agreeed to one thing. It's just rude.

But I digress...

So, this is one reason I don't pvp with all my toons, don't want any guild drama... and also because I suck at pvp :)

Roberto077
07-12-2013, 01:16 AM
Fun fact: randoms are really a dead gopher lying on a keyboard :)

Robhawk
07-12-2013, 01:55 AM
If you join a PvP game then kill the enemy and its the same if its a guildy or not!
There are a lot of even good players who never join teams to make them even, i could post names but i dont! This ends up in: 4 vs none or 4vs1 or 4vs2 and the 2 leave after the first 2 or 3 kills... and yes i leave games when getting ganged, you will not get an easy frag from my side. :D
On the other hand there are a few players who join to make it even, mostly warriors, f.e oksert.
Also yesterday there was a TDM i joined red after that 3 others also did. In the blue team Chrismaker played alone and died several times... nobody joined and he even didnt complain! So i send him friend request, he accepted and i left the game to rejoin him on the blue side. So it was a 2on3 and finally we won 20 to 19! gg - singing off!

Cero
07-12-2013, 03:25 AM
yea, like the "no join botton to friend/guild" which was already suggested long before.
wish STG(former STS lol) add more content or do those great pvp suggestions.

K/D - also one of the reasons why pvp is messed up. People might say "kdr doesnt matter" but most of this good PvP are quitters. prolly cos they love or wants to protect their kdr so much. I know many of them lol. quit after couple of deaths or when their team got wipe out in the first lol. clash, Quittters also makes the match go for 4/3/2/1 VS 5.

if theres no kdr then people would prolly wont be bothered being killed,ganged,farmed or whatsoever. just pure pvp.

Flaggers - is also one way of helping the team... to win that is

Puntus
07-12-2013, 04:44 AM
I remember when I was flagging and love was in other team, u kill me to help ur friend gravescar to get flags, u make me laugh with this thread, u re an arrogant player , cause of this the people didnt wanna join in your team and they wanna kill u, u cant make this thread because u did the same as all players. I like play with my friends in pvp, its more fair, and I like the hard battles vs eos or classics, u cant make this battles because u re a solitary player.
Im not mad with u Love , but this thread its unfair for the people who farmed a lot of flags with hard work. Its my opinion , all opinions re respetable.

gundamsone
07-12-2013, 04:46 AM
they need to implement stricter rules and possible warnings for players who
A. don't help their team
B. flag and do nothing else
C. afk in a game

I know for a fact that in League of Legends, they issue account suspensions if you afk alot in a game, both ranked and unranked games.
And cero no one cares about "winning", people flag for the AP points.
Real winning is killing the other team more than they kill you...well for me at least.

gundamsone
07-12-2013, 04:52 AM
I remember when I was flagging and love was in other team, u kill me
If you're on the other team, then I kill you

...to help ur friend gravescar to get flags
he wanted flags, and I can't force him not to flag can I?

... u re an arrogant player
I disagree really. Deaths in pvp is natural and players who die shouldn't rage at the player that kills them.

... people didnt wanna join in your team and they wanna kill u
true

...u cant make this thread because u did the same as all players
O yes I can make this thread b/c i'm a solo PUG player

...and I like the hard battles vs eos or classics, u cant make this battles because u re a solitary player
You like dying 10 times a minute? with 0 chance of killing anyone?

Im not mad with u Love , but this thread its unfair for the people who farmed a lot of flags with hard work
You sound mad at me tbh and it is fair b/c some of the players with 10k+ flags either,
A. farmed them hard at a very low level
B. ruined 100's of games for others b/c all they did was flag and nothing else

I got close to 5k flags legitly and I never joined a guild to abuse them for easy flags.
The achievements are do-able without ruining the game for everyone else.

Do you know how many games I join and before the game even starts players from the other side say "flagging don't kill me"
You know what I respond to those players? "nty"
My response gets me hated but i'm just playing the game. I don't let no one get free flags and neither should any of my teamates but these days i'm having trouble when my own teamates are against me.

Puntus
07-12-2013, 05:05 AM
Ok, I respect ur post obviously , and its obvious u can make this post, sure, and my battles vs classics and eos, I farm more kills than deaths , we won more than lose, but thats not the point.
And what about the players who have another character and farm kills fastly? Thats more unfair.
My opinion: its unfair for players like u or me, if sts remove kills and flags achievement, because we farm it with fair and hard work.
And im not mad with u.

gundamsone
07-12-2013, 05:55 AM
Ok, I respect ur post obviously , and its obvious u can make this post, sure, and my battles vs classics and eos, I farm more kills than deaths , we won more than lose, but thats not the point.
And what about the players who have another character and farm kills fastly? Thats more unfair.
My opinion: its unfair for players like u or me, if sts remove kills and flags achievement, because we farm it with fair and hard work.
And im not mad with u.
You really gotta give me some better arguments to convince me the PVP leaderboards worth keeping.
You see for the other leaderboards, they're PVE based so you can abuse the monsters all you want b/c they have no feelings at the end of the day.

Yea farming yourself is unfair but I kind of understand why it's not against the rules right now b/c when you're farming yourself, you're not ruining the game experience for another player.
The current #1 leaderboarder for CTF achieved her feat within a few days so I guess there's nothing wrong with if your going by the rule book.

So in the end many players play PVP for achievements, banners, and to keep a good record so people can go wooooo and ahhhhhh.
I think what STS' original intention was for players to enjoy themselves in the game while racking up some kills, flags, achievements and banners on the side as a small reward for the amount of time put in.

Robhawk
07-12-2013, 06:01 AM
I think what STS' original intention was for players to enjoy themselves in the game while racking up some kills, flags, achievements and banners on the side as a small reward for the amount of time put in.

this.

Puntus
07-12-2013, 07:59 AM
You really gotta give me some better arguments to convince me the PVP leaderboards worth keeping.
You see for the other leaderboards, they're PVE based so you can abuse the monsters all you want b/c they have no feelings at the end of the day.

Yea farming yourself is unfair but I kind of understand why it's not against the rules right now b/c when you're farming yourself, you're not ruining the game experience for another player.
The current #1 leaderboarder for CTF achieved her feat within a few days so I guess there's nothing wrong with if your going by the rule book.

So in the end many players play PVP for achievements, banners, and to keep a good record so people can go wooooo and ahhhhhh.

Agreed with all, nothing to reply

Alhuntrazeck
07-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Love, I completely agree about that flagging bit, when they go 'flagging don't kill me' I go over aand start hitting em. Sure I'll die (we all know mages suck vs. warriors) and Ofc I'll get told 'Fk u Alhun noob mage and stuff like that...but I just cant stand the idea of letting an opposing team member flag to his hearts content without getting hurt.

Then there are the full mythics with Arcane stuff...if u hurt em they'll farm u all through the match, they act like they own the game...if removing the flag lb at the very least will stop this I'll be glad.

However, there are many who worked hard to get onto the flag lb through legit means, without any protection assumptions. Removing the lb would remove their hard work so there must be another way out. Perhaps reducing the number of flags a single User could have in one game?

Sent using scattered leaves on a windy day.

Zeus
07-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Trust me, I get what you mean. It happens to me all day, everyday because I am not in a PvP guild either.

It's an issue that truly needs to be fixed because when I first joined PvP and didn't know what I was doing, I felt rather nooby when it was 5v1 and I had no chance to win.

Chili
07-12-2013, 02:16 PM
I can't say I agree with this. If you have an issue with not finding someone to pvp with.. Then join a guild that enjoys pvp or make your own.

As far as any quitter comments, ill come right out and say I quit many games due to imbalanced teams... It would just be crazy to continue dying when all odds are against you.

I do agree though with better team placement... Meaning only 3 slots are open per team until both teams hit 3... Then they open up the rest. Although this will not keep people from quiting and making it 5/1... It will keep the game from starting off that way.

inkredible
07-12-2013, 09:14 PM
All i hear is blah blah blah. guilds are made to help out, if you have a problem with it, simply quit pvp :) blah blah blah

inkredible
07-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Trust me, I get what you mean. It happens to me all day, everyday because I am not in a PvP guild either.

It's an issue that truly needs to be fixed because when I first joined PvP and didn't know what I was doing, I felt rather nooby when it was 5v1 and I had no chance to win.
leave the game! get into the next room

NOOOOOOOO PROBLEM

gundamsone
07-12-2013, 09:27 PM
All i hear is blah blah blah. guilds are made to help out, if you have a problem with it, simply quit pvp :) blah blah blah
i'd expect a more constructive post coming from you.
why don't we all join the big guilds out there and have many tea parties in CTF

leave the game! get into the next room

NOOOOOOOO PROBLEM

next room is filled with guilds too? what to do?

and you know it's hard for people to see their own mistakes when they've been apart of a big guild for such a long time.
try soloing for a week and you'll get what we're facing

gundamsone
07-12-2013, 09:34 PM
hulk heres a prime example for you.
Happened just now in my last ctf game.

Our side was winning pretty hard so someone on the other side quit right?
In came a user from the guild classics. He came in and first thing he said was "im flagging don't kill me"

I asked the person to help their team out knowing we'd have a harder time. But why on earth would I not enjoy my free kills in a 5v4 while the other opponent just flags for the next 10minutes?
You know why? b/c I felt horrible for the other 4 players who were taking the beating so that 1 player could get 5 more flags added on to their record.

He pmed me after and gave me 2 reason why he didn't assist his team.
A. B/c our side had 2 classics members and he was forbidden to attack them.
B. He didn't care about the game and just wanted flags.

Honestly, pvp more these days, come back and tell me you're not seeing this 7 out of 10 games you enter.

Ebezaanec
07-13-2013, 12:51 AM
What you need is ability to host games. Then you won't have to deal with such players.

Actually, that would create another issue.

So called guilds would invite their members for free flagging constantly. You won't have to deal with them, but now they have a way of exploiting the system discreetly.

Just my opinion.

Kostral
07-13-2013, 05:07 AM
+1 Love ...

totally thinkin same of this thread...

gundamsone
07-13-2013, 05:17 AM
getting chased all night by the same group of people ... it's like I got a bounty on my head

they really gotta disable the join button for pvp

*edit and auto-boot afkers if they afk for more than a minute*

Kostral
07-13-2013, 05:46 AM
Dont worry ima pretty sure that we will able to keep pvp whit em on 5 vs 1 but the most thing that sux is " ahaah he left we win"

5 guildmates vs me pretty lame...

Bless
07-13-2013, 06:25 AM
getting chased all night by the same group of people ... it's like I got a bounty on my head

they really gotta disable the join button for pvp

*edit and auto-boot afkers if they afk for more than a minute* If you think thats a bad you havent even seen Mvpvp at L17 pvp...

Soundlesskill
07-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Remove the join button, yes please do.

Don't remove the PvP lb, without it I see no reason to work hard.

Don't remove the achievements either. Chiyuk got all his flags in a legit way & at endgame. You just want to erase all his hard work?

Don't remove kdr, without it I wouldn't see a reason to PvP. If I didn't get to see my overall kills, I don't see a reason to PvP.

I was in a solo guild (my own) with my friend & we gang bange each other like mad, because it's just a freaking game. I don't have whole guilds ganging me, not when I was solo, not when I was in a guild.

Not many guilds I've seen abide the don't kill guildies rule anyways, I didn't & I made them mad at me, so they killed me back. Like I said, just a game.

-> Solutions <-
-> Leave the game if you get ganged.
-> Leave the game if your guild is on the opposite team.
-> Kill the flagger
-> If someone tells you not to kill them, target them & trust me, they will start killing aka. Helping their group.

<->

If you can't take the pressure of gangers, leave the game.

<->

Also, I don't feel the pressure without a guild. Just saying, this is my opinion.

Alfai
07-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Its easy to be or go random love when there are players who are fully mhytic and use ribbit in pvp.you can kill those under equipped almost instantiously.and I do see you often go solo than in a group.not being nasty but just my 2cents.

I personally feel there's pro and cons of having such principle of not murdering your kind.it depends on how you transcend this into an enjoyable playing experience.you have stronger ties with guildmates.on the other hand it can create drama if not handle wisely.

PVP is teamplay anyways hence I don't see why its always an issue when a guild person calling his guildmates to help.other than being organized won't you have more consideration to help one of your own?

Going random is not necessarily bad hence you have friends to ask for help.I played in random games quitenoften too.smtms its bad when its bad team.smtms we triumph bcoz of good teamwork than soloing for personal glory.else sts have to consider creating a 1v1 pvp room as you know they are those who would opt for that due to their superior build or rage of losing.sts has been grateful enough to providebus options to even leave the hame and join other rooms to satisfy our need to kills.

I can't say much bout your take on lb as I wasn't here since the first season so maybe other players have hauled their a s s to work hard and end a spot there with exception to twinkers.

There too much rage, trash talk and ganging happens coz u play with real people who loves competiton and try to prove something.tho its not ethical but something that can't be avoided.u feel best when you are winning and whiing and raging when losing its the game.

I hope the above are not seen as flaming.if you feel that you need more constructive opinions that I feel that perhaps the serven can be improved to oessen the bad pings tht cause severe damage to both gaming experience and anger management.else I think its at its best for now.

Sts has done a good job with tdm to answer thebdissatisfaction of the traditional pvp map which I gathered is afavorable by many except me.coz I hate that trulle and camera angle.

Chili
07-13-2013, 11:41 AM

and you know it's hard for people to see their own mistakes when they've been apart of a big guild for such a long time.

I DO know what you are facing and I'm pretty sure ink knows as well...

Many times when we want kills ... None of us pvp together because it becomes a constant ksing... So ya.. I know for a fact many many of us have puged pvp many times. I do most of the time. I still don't agree with your suggestions

Chili
07-13-2013, 11:47 AM
hulk heres a prime example for you.
Happened just now in my last ctf game.

Our side was winning pretty hard so someone on the other side quit right?
In came a user from the guild classics. He came in and first thing he said was "im flagging don't kill me"

I asked the person to help their team out knowing we'd have a harder time. But why on earth would I not enjoy my free kills in a 5v4 while the other opponent just flags for the next 10minutes?
You know why? b/c I felt horrible for the other 4 players who were taking the beating so that 1 player could get 5 more flags added on to their record.

He pmed me after and gave me 2 reason why he didn't assist his team.
A. B/c our side had 2 classics members and he was forbidden to attack them.
B. He didn't care about the game and just wanted flags.

Honestly, pvp more these days, come back and tell me you're not seeing this 7 out of 10 games you enter.

Sorry for double post but this just made me laugh..

Just kill them? Flagging needs to be earned.... If you join my game And want to just flag you WILL have to earn it and I will try to kill you... The problem is actually people like you giving into this nonsense...

Also you would enjoy pvp much more if you weren't so sensitive to other people's possible unexisting feelings...

inkredible
07-13-2013, 12:37 PM

Go to the next one, and the next and the next, its not a 100% theres gonna be guilds, I MOSTLY pvp solo :) and theres rarely guilds formed in pvp, if there is, i just go on to the next room

u expected more from me? bro i expected more from you. this is such a whine thread, a problem thats easy to solve and does not need to be taken to the forum

edited: yeah its rare for me to pvp with my guild, i usually do better when i solo, top rogues in my guild hard to get kills :)

Venom
07-13-2013, 12:43 PM
I say, Names and Tags should auto hide in Arena.. This will solve all problems XD

Taejo
07-13-2013, 12:45 PM
I say, Names and Tags should auto hide in Arena.. This will solve all problems XD

This actually isn't a bad idea... I'm sure it could be expounded a bit more and created into a possible solution. I like it.

drgrimmy
07-13-2013, 12:55 PM
I find that PvP is not really that much fun anymore. Whenever I join a match me of a number of things happen:

1) You hit the PvP lobby and there are 5 people in one team and there is only one or two on the other team. Either you have to join and pray that the other team doesn't farm you, or you have to move on to the next game. Either way pretty lame. I can't say that I have not been guilty of being join that team with 5, but when really does want to be on that team with only two? Unfortunately this seems to be the majority of game lobbies.

2) You join a game, and after you see the game lobby you think "great a pretty balanced 5v5 game!" Only after you join do thou realize that is is not really a real game. People are sitting around chatting, people are getting free flags, and the poor 1 or 2 players on one team who don't know anyone get farmed with no support from their team.

3) You get in a good 5v5 game, there is one good 5v5 rumble, and then then losing team gives up and abandons the game after only one clash. People just have no stomach to get a few deaths to experiment and find a way to kill the opposing team. People seem way too concerned about their k/d to have fun.

Bottom line, I rarely experience any good lasting 5v5 rumbles like there used to be back in the beginning of PvP in season two. I don't know if it is because of guild no kill rules, poor implementation of leaderboards, or to large of a gap between the haves (mythic and arcane users) and have nots. PvP unfortunately does not seem too much fun anymore and I don't know what the solution is.

vholt
07-13-2013, 01:49 PM
I think a win/loss stat and lb could be a minor solution to some problems.

How it would it would work:

- Must be in-game during 3+ flags, including the final one, to count as a win.

- Games lock if a team has 2 flags

- And when I mean lock: NO JOINING THROUGH SOCIAL (Friends, Party, Guild)

- If you quit: Automatic loss.

- If you lose.. Well that counts as a loss to your win/loss stat.

How this would solve some problems:

- It would force competitive gameplay to earn a win

- Pros like good stats. Now, this forces them not to quit when they are in a tough match because it will add a loss to their stats, and they don't want to look bad.

- Guildies boosting each other for flags, are also sacrificing a lost to their stats.

- "Don't kill I'm flagging" will be ignored due to the ambition of winning the game. The proper response will now be "I don't care, I want to win."

- Help your team, even though your guildies are on the other team? Hell yeah, if its gonna avoid getting me a loss.

Tbh I miss the good ol' days back when I played R&C 3 on my ps2. Ctf in that game was intense. You had defenders, attackers, and flaggers. And it'd be all settled out, even when you had no idea who your mates were. No communication. Just taking places. In there, the team had the will to win, and we were trying so hard. working together.

In AL it's group with your team to hunt down every opponent and kill them. And sometimes one mate straggles off to get the flag, but dies because he was all alone. No one is making a group effort to win the game. It's ctf people. Let's play.

Also, CTF rooms aren't guild hangouts/meeting rooms. That's what a guild hall is for!

Alhuntrazeck
07-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Ironically, the only GOOD games I get into are guild matches. They easily last for half an hour or more.

gundamsone
07-13-2013, 10:32 PM
Go to the next one, and the next and the next, its not a 100% theres gonna be guilds, I MOSTLY pvp solo :) and theres rarely guilds formed in pvp, if there is, i just go on to the next room

u expected more from me? bro i expected more from you. this is such a whine thread, a problem thats easy to solve and does not need to be taken to the forum

edited: yeah its rare for me to pvp with my guild, i usually do better when i solo, top rogues in my guild hard to get kills :)
This issues pretty serious so your "blablablabla" statement and calling it a "whine" thread is pretty non-constructive.
It's an issue that needs to be addressed and what better way to address it than to have everyone's opinion on it.

Sure I can send a dev a single pm regarding this but will they care so much?
We're all here thinking of ways they can change pvp so we see less of this and we don't need you telling us to just quit and go to the next pvp game.

And guess what when we quit, the game usually dies, and we rejoin to have the same people enter again. Cycle continues.
O wait you're part of this "Clique" right? so people don't gang you as hard as they gang all the other randoms. Unless you feel that CTF should really be all bout the Cliques that you join.

joshtheboss
07-13-2013, 10:39 PM
I think a win/loss stat and lb could be a minor solution to some problems.

How it would it would work:

- Must be in-game during 3+ flags, including the final one, to count as a win.

- Games lock if a team has 2 flags

- And when I mean lock: NO JOINING THROUGH SOCIAL (Friends, Party, Guild)

- If you quit: Automatic loss.

- If you lose.. Well that counts as a loss to your win/loss stat.

How this would solve some problems:

- It would force competitive gameplay to earn a win

- Pros like good stats. Now, this forces them not to quit when they are in a tough match because it will add a loss to their stats, and they don't want to look bad.

- Guildies boosting each other for flags, are also sacrificing a lost to their stats.

- "Don't kill I'm flagging" will be ignored due to the ambition of winning the game. The proper response will now be "I don't care, I want to win."

- Help your team, even though your guildies are on the other team? Hell yeah, if its gonna avoid getting me a loss.

Tbh I miss the good ol' days back when I played R&C 3 on my ps2. Ctf in that game was intense. You had defenders, attackers, and flaggers. And it'd be all settled out, even when you had no idea who your mates were. No communication. Just taking places. In there, the team had the will to win, and we were trying so hard. working together.

In AL it's group with your team to hunt down every opponent and kill them. And sometimes one mate straggles off to get the flag, but dies because he was all alone. No one is making a group effort to win the game. It's ctf people. Let's play.

Also, CTF rooms aren't guild hangouts/meeting rooms. That's what a guild hall is for!

Then people will just farm wins which isn't much different than kill farming.

Soundlesskill
07-14-2013, 12:10 PM

-> Pros <-
-> You wouldn't know your oppoent, so you'll have to kill. Making CTF improve.
-> No 'being-afraid-of-getting-kicked-out-of-guild'

-> Cons <-
-> Some of us like to show our names, because if reputations. Some of us like to be feared.
-> Some of us are proud to be in that specific guild.

My opinion:

Just remove the guild tag. I don't want my name off in PvP.
Besides this would make some of the pro players invisible. Rouges & smurfs can hide behind walls & be invisible. Then surprise attack, hence, the only remove guild tag thing.

Natrich
07-14-2013, 01:19 PM
My opinion:

Besides this would make some of the pro players invisible. Rouges & smurfs can hide behind walls & be invisible. Then surprise attack, hence, the only remove guild tag thing.

Or just put generic names on everyone (Rogue 1-5, Warrior 1-5, Sorcerer 1-5)

Kraze
07-14-2013, 01:31 PM

This, I am in the same non pvp guild so when I join a game there is no lighting the bat signal for back up. An in most games you end up with players from the same guild on both teams and they refuse to attack each other. Easy fix don't display names until the end of the match. Problem solved

Chili
07-14-2013, 06:33 PM
This issues pretty serious so your "blablablabla" statement and calling it a "whine" thread is pretty non-constructive.
It's an issue that needs to be addressed and what better way to address it than to have everyone's opinion on it.

Sure I can send a dev a single pm regarding this but will they care so much?
We're all here thinking of ways they can change pvp so we see less of this and we don't need you telling us to just quit and go to the next pvp game.

And guess what when we quit, the game usually dies, and we rejoin to have the same people enter again. Cycle continues.
O wait you're part of this "Clique" right? so people don't gang you as hard as they gang all the other randoms. Unless you feel that CTF should really be all bout the Cliques that you join.

I don't find it a serious problem at all lol, just seems you have gotten really too sensitive.

newzealand
07-14-2013, 06:45 PM
LOL i noticed this when i joined a pvp in kraag people vettign angry at me cause im attacking? Like wtf! Its pvp/ctf if you cant kill and capture why do they even come here
All these top50 guilds have people on both sides just doing it for the achievement getting all mad cause some guy is in there attacking them LOL

+1 to have this achievement removed

gundamsone
07-14-2013, 07:30 PM
I don't find it a serious problem at all lol, just seems you have gotten really too sensitive.
I ask you to stop posting on this thread and provoking me any further.
Go find something better to do with your time if you have nothing good to say.

Alfai
07-14-2013, 08:08 PM
LOL i noticed this when i joined a pvp in kraag people vettign angry at me cause im attacking? Like wtf! Its pvp/ctf if you cant kill and capture why do they even come here
All these top50 guilds have people on both sides just doing it for the achievement getting all mad cause some guy is in there attacking them LOL

+1 to have this achievement removed

What you have experienced is never heard of...i hope we meet in future games

Chili
07-14-2013, 09:34 PM
I ask you to stop posting on this thread and provoking me any further.
Go find something better to do with your time if you have nothing good to say.

I am sharing my opinion as are you on the same subject, obviously I have something to say about the matter....I am sorry that you do not like my pov but that wont keep me from sharing it.

On the issue, you really are making it into much more than it really is...Play the game, have some fun... relax a little lol

As for provoking... I am not sure you understand the meaning of that word.

inkredible
07-14-2013, 09:53 PM
this is a troll thread, nonsense

ill be a bigger man here, i have nothing against you
but yes pvp sucks for you love, cuz everyone is after you
joins to kll you, or joins to watch you die, thats just it.. you created enemies here, in which i wondered why for the longest time
until i saw this thread.

and look ur creating more. good luck to you

edited:

anyways theres really just one easy solution for u,... in which u refused to settle with..

just keep joining a diff room, is that so hard to do? if those people follow you, leave asap. and same goes with other people here
if u dontwant people following you, then leave go to a fuller room

Natrich
07-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Probably time to close this thread...it's not trolling by any means though. Just very unrealistic and now getting off topic.

STS isn't going to completely get rid of flagging achievements to appease the minority (guildless players) On issues like this, 9 out of 10 people are going to disagree every time.

gundamsone
07-14-2013, 11:30 PM
this is a troll thread, nonsense

ill be a bigger man here, i have nothing against you
but yes pvp sucks for you love, cuz everyone is after you
joins to kll you, or joins to watch you die, thats just it.. you created enemies here, in which i wondered why for the longest time
until i saw this thread.

and look ur creating more. good luck to you

edited:

anyways therdeally just one easy solution for u,... in which u refused to settle with..

just keep joining a diff room, is that sso hard to do? if those people follow you, leave asap. and same goes with other people here
if u dontwant people following you, then leave go to a fuller room
If there was a thumbs down button i'd give you one. You're making far too many assumption and assuming this thread was made purely out of the personal problems i'm facing.
Since when did I say pvp sucks for me? and everyone hates me? and create enemies here?

You're solution is obvious to many and it's not really a solution.
Here's what you're trying to tell me:
A. Quit and rejoin next game, which I've explained to you why it's only short term solution (but you don't read)
B. You havn't said this but basically you're telling people who get ganged to join a guild for protection.

Now here's what STS can implement based on the feedback received so far.
A. Remove name/guild tags within the game
B. Perhaps hide the kill feed from the enemy or make it so it's " x player has died" instead of "y player has killed x player"
C. And each and class and team member will have the same outfits to make it harder for enemies to distinguish and pick off a certain player.

moot
07-14-2013, 11:40 PM
You're genius. I hope dev see this. And gave us the same vanity too so that we can't be recognize.

-> Pros <-
-> You wouldn't know your oppoent, so you'll have to kill. Making CTF improve.
-> No 'being-afraid-of-getting-kicked-out-of-guild'

-> Cons <-
-> Some of us like to show our names, because if reputations. Some of us like to be feared.
-> Some of us are proud to be in that specific guild.

My opinion:

Just keep your reputation to show in the city lols.
The pros currently really outweigh the cons.

This can really improve our pvp experience overall. Also please make all players seems to have the same weapon.

inkredible
07-15-2013, 01:10 AM
If there was a thumbs down button i'd give you one. You're making far too many assumption and assuming this thread was made purely out of the personal problems i'm facing.
Since when did I say pvp sucks for me? and everyone hates me? and create enemies here?

You're solution is obvious to many and it's not really a solution.
Here's what you're trying to tell me:
A. Quit and rejoin next game, which I've explained to you why it's only short term solution (but you don't read)
B. You havn't said this but basically you're telling people who get ganged to join a guild for protection.

Now here's what STS can implement based on the feedback received so far.
A. Remove name/guild tags within the game
B. Perhaps hide the kill feed from the enemy or make it so it's " x player has died" instead of "y player has killed x player"
C. And each and class and team member will have the same outfits to make it harder for enemies to distinguish and pick off a certain player.

trust me.. no assumptions here :)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
and no u didnt say all those stuff, im just letting u know why u have these problems - cuz u created enemies.. and ur currently making more bec of this thread.
people really do got bounty on ur head, which like i said - i didnt understand why cuz u were fine with me....
but now i understand

edited: and yes it is really a solution.. youre just being stubborn

and where am i basically sayin that people join guild for protection? you are so far off.

I already told u.. i dont rarely pvp with my guild because
we have too many top rogues,its hard to get kills - but i didnt join it for protection - now thats just plain definition of assumptions right there

didnt u just tell me to try soloing for a week? thats the reason why i said that. proving a point that when i solo i dont bump into
ur problems and when there is a guild form .. u always have a choice to leave the room thats all my point is

Soundlesskill
07-15-2013, 02:27 AM
Or just put generic names on everyone (Rogue 1-5, Warrior 1-5, Sorcerer 1-5)

Lol

Soundlesskill
07-15-2013, 02:34 AM
Just keep your reputation to show in the city lols.
The pros currently really outweigh the cons.

This can really improve our pvp experience overall. Also please make all players seems to have the same weapon.

No PvP names -> no rep. Then x player gets one hellova rep LOL.

juaki
07-15-2013, 03:30 AM
I think that pvp can't be a solo role play. It's funny arrange a team with friends and try to kill other members.

Sometimes the aim is the high dps in the opposite team and seems you hate this opponent. But no! It's only a game that you have to reach the best way to kill all your "enemies"... temporally enemies... coz if you don't kill you're dead. If it exists something personal better leave the game, because it feeds hatred and it is no good for the health.

I have played with a lot of players, with or against, and I had 2 or 3 disgusting episodes and try not be in the same room.

But remember it's not the real life. ... only a game!

The problem in pvp is that the aim is win. Scoring 5 times. But whats the main problem that the aim are the aps, and depending on the aim be a killer or a flagger.

I posted this one month ago:

But players think that pvp is made for killing or flagging in order to get achievements. For doing it funny players have to know that the objective is score in the rival corner. Because it is a cooperative game not for killing or flagging. When players respect this rules the pvp game will be great!!!

My suggestion would be rewarded with a flag to all components of the team that scores and are in the area of the opponents when the flagger scores.

Apart from individual kills, I reward the winning team with three kills each component of the winning team when the game finish, with the aim that the components do not leave the game until the end. I reward the losing team with a kill each component at finish with the same aim to end the game.

I think the solution is near my suggestions. .. study it!

gundamsone
07-15-2013, 04:10 AM
trust me.. no assumptions here :)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
and no u didnt say all those stuff, im just letting u know why u have these problems - cuz u created enemies.. and ur currently making more bec of this thread.
people really do got bounty on ur head, which like i said - i didnt understand why cuz u were fine with me....
but now i understand

edited: and yes it is really a solution.. youre just being stubborn

and where am i basically sayin that people join guild for protection? you are so far off.

I already told u.. i dont rarely pvp with my guild because
we have too many top rogues,its hard to get kills - but i didnt join it for protection - now thats just plain definition of assumptions right there

didnt u just tell me to try soloing for a week? thats the reason why i said that. proving a point that when i solo i dont bump into
ur problems and when there is a guild form .. u always have a choice to leave the room thats all my point is

You know why you don't bump into the problems most of us face? I'll list a few for ya
- you're a war so not an easy target to chase and gang
- you're chill with too many people so there's no reason for someone to start bs with you on the other side
- you're a high ranking officer in a reputable guild meaning if they mess with you then you call in the big boys
- you're far too famous in this game to have any sort of enemies, like no offence but you spam you're personal pics ALOT...last I checked something called Facebook exists just for that.

Combining all that, no you don't get what the average/casual player is up against.
You know better than me what pvp is like these days and WE ALL KNOW WE CAN LEAVE but RUNNING AWAY FROM THE PROBLEMS ISN'T A LONGTERM SOLUTION.

I'm going to get flammed for this but this is very similar to bullying in a sense. You're basically advising these "bullies" to have their way and telling the bullied to run away just to get bullied again in a few games down.
I'm not saying i'm 100% right and neither am I saying you're wrong but if you havn't noticed other players do have concerns regarding this issue, and few have supported this thread in one way or another and have added valuable feedback as to HOW STS can improve the PVP experience for everyone.

But seriously Hulk you can stop telling "ME" repeatedly that I can just quit b/c I know I can.
This isn't about "ME" it's about "US" or "WE" and I guess you still don't comprehend that.

Chili
07-15-2013, 07:25 AM
You know why you don't bump into the problems most of us face? I'll list a few for ya
- you're chill with too many people so there's no reason for someone to start bs with you on the other side
- you're a high ranking officer in a reputable guild meaning if they mess with you then you call in the big boys
- you're far too famous in this game to have any sort of enemies, like no offence but you spam you're personal pics ALOT...last I checked something called Facebook exists just for that.

Combining all that, no you don't get what the average/casual player is up against.
You know better than me what pvp is like these days and WE ALL KNOW WE CAN LEAVE but RUNNING AWAY FROM THE PROBLEMS ISN'T A LONGTERM SOLUTION.

I'm going to get flammed for this but this is very similar to bullying in a sense. You're basically advising these "bullies" to have their way and telling the bullied to run away just to get bullied again in a few games down.
I'm not saying i'm 100% right and neither am I saying you're wrong but if you havn't noticed other players do have concerns regarding this issue, and few have supported this thread in one way or another and have added valuable feedback as to HOW STS can improve the PVP experience for everyone.

But seriously Hulk you can stop telling "ME" repeatedly that I can just quit b/c I know I can.
This isn't about "ME" it's about "US" or "WE" and I guess you still don't comprehend that.

Explain to me why I don't run into these problems either then?
I am rogue.. Easy to gang
I have pissed many people off.. I enjoy it
I am not a high ranking officer because they don't trust me:)
I haven't posted a single pic of my face

Your theory just failed......

This isn't a problem..... I solo 80% of the time. Where is the problem?

inkredible
07-15-2013, 07:54 AM

AWWWWWWWWWWWW LOVE! that actually made me smile
LOLOL

edited: anywyas bro, realistically.. sts cant make everyone happy,
and u said it urself , there are only a few who supported this.. less than 5 people
where do you think this is gonna go?
Anyways this "regular" average" player experience ... ur issue isnt a "regular" average" player experience or other wise
ud hear it ffrom alot of people, so really this issue isnt that so average with many.
When i solo 99% , I go in a room where i dont even know anyone WHICH I LOVE, - which i think is pretty average

- Anyways im out of here, alll i could say is Good luck to you and those few people tryna implement this

- No hard feelings

edited part two:

and oh bro... ur totally getting off topic now.. what is my pictures and facebook have to do with this ?, eh my picz ud find it in the 20s maybe one in 40s, one in last page, point - i stopped. and dang didnt thing thats an issue too LOLOLOLOL!! getting personal bro?

psychoscream
07-15-2013, 08:17 AM
AWWWWWWWWWWWW LOVE! that actually made me smile
LOLOL

edited: anywyas bro, realistically.. sts cant make everyone happy,
and u said it urself , there are only a few who supported this.. less than 5 people
where do you think this is gonna go?
Anyways this "regular" average" player experience ... ur issue isnt a "regular" average" player experience or other wise
ud hear it ffrom alot of people, so really this issue isnt that so average with many.
When i solo 99% , I go in a room where i dont even know anyone WHICH I LOVE, - which i think is pretty average

- Anyways im out of here, alll i could say is Good luck to you and those few people tryna implement this

- No hard feelings

edited part two:

and oh bro... ur totally getting off topic now.. what is my pictures and facebook have to do with this ?, eh my picz ud find it in the 20s maybe one in 40s, one in last page, point - i stopped. and dang didnt thing thats an issue too LOLOLOLOL!! getting personal bro?

just for being honest no one got the right to tell you do not post your picture or criticize it .... it is strange though

psychoscream
07-15-2013, 08:21 AM

hmmm inkredble became "famous" here because he is nice enough ...
and second of all he became an officer at DM cause he worked hard for it
and to prove that he is nice again he is still hard working for dm and he is already an officer...

Chili
07-15-2013, 08:59 AM
hmmm inkredble became "famous" here because he is nice enough ...
and second of all he became an officer at DM cause he worked hard for it
and to prove that he is nice again he is still hard working for dm and he is already an officer...
Agreed. Do you have any clue how many millions of his own gold he has given away?

I can tell you from discussions with other players, that your ganging problems started due to your attitude towards others and how you treat them. Make some friends.. It's a social game. You will enjoy pvp so much more.

Azepeiete
07-15-2013, 09:28 AM
I've recently retired from CtF due to it becoming more ganging-oriented. My guild attempted free flags once, and after like 2 or 3 games it stopped being fun. I'm pretty sure you ended up pug-ing into our lobby. Now we all go back to tdm, because we actually like it. In my opinion, people are going to do what they do, and we can't force stuff onto people. We've recently lost a few guildies who oppose our rule of "what happens in pvp stays there", our pvp stats may be downgraded a bit due to this rule, but we still enjoy pvp more. Those who don't like it end up leaving.

Teams are made of blue and red, no "my guild" and "everyone else". That's what people need to remember. Too many influences such as AP and Guild Rankings, have made people greedy and rather than putting in the work, they want the free flags their guildies give them. After being one who tried it (for like 10 flags, and I'm not even on a board so nobody flip) it really is dissatisfying, so I think it's better to just let others live in their false pride of 100000000k free flags, and enjoy the fruits of our own labor.

gundamsone
07-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Agreed. Do you have any clue how many millions of his own gold he has given away?

I can tell you from discussions with other players, that your ganging problems started due to your attitude towards others and how you treat them. Make some friends.. It's a social game. You will enjoy pvp so much more.
@ psycho
I never said he doesn't deserve the status he has in game.
All I said was he gets special treatment because of his status in game and because of that it's harder for him to comprehend what the average Joe experiences.
I didn't mean it in a negative way at all, and it's really not his fault how players treat him but this brings back the argument how these guilds and the social status of certain players creates unfair game play "occasionally".

@chilicrush
Last I recall I don't know you, and you don't know me. So please keep the story telling to yourself b/c you really have no basis to make all your assumptions on me.
And welcome to my block list Chili so please refrain from posting on my threads ever again unless you got something constructive to say.

gundamsone
07-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Just want to get this out to the haters out there b/c it seems like this threads taking the wrong turn due to a few persistent posters.

Those of you who came on this thread assuming I need to make friends and have many enemies are wrong.
You do not know me and I do not know you. So leave the personal attacks to yourself if you have nothing to add to this thread.

Again I did not create this thread to troll, and vent my personal frustrations.
It's something I feel needs to be addressed and from the 4 pages so far, many players feel similarly.

Saying this for the final time, so anyone who keeps posting non constructive posts and especially those who feels the need to target me personally will be reported to the devs.

Chili
07-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Saying this for the final time, so anyone who keeps posting non constructive posts and especially those who feels the need to target me personally will be reported to the devs.

So disagreeing with you = report? Seems a bit overdone.

P.s. I bet I get reported for that lmao

Taejo
07-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Hi Love,

I agree with this thread you've started. I really think the best way to fix CTF is to create incentives for people to fight as a team, not leave early, and play the game as it is intended: CAPTURE the FLAG! What I've suggested in a previous thread is they implement tokens/coins that you receive for winning the game. You can only receive a coin if you help your team capture 3/5 flags. These coins can in turn be used to purchase special pets or "combat potions" only usable in CTF PvP. Along side this, to augment your stated issues with the CTF flags achievement, perhaps they could add achievements for won games, or integrate the special pets into a pet collection achievement. The possibilities are there - they just need to decide how to fix CTF first.

I hope this helps your thread a little.

iluvataris
07-15-2013, 07:26 PM
So i'm always out looking for the fairest game, i love the 5v5 clash.
Most of us have bumped into each other at one time or another,
So I feel bad banging on someone i know.(anyone for that matter) i know 5v3 even though it happens to me.(but weird doesn't bother me to much I've learned to expect it lol)

But say i join 10 games... 1 even match lasting more then 10 minutes.. So to entertain myself (because joining and leaving games Is not fun) 5 on one side 2 on the other i join the 2. Sometimes its a fun struggle but not always...As i'm fighting and watching countless people joining dying once and leaving or not even joining the team they just see 5v3 and leave. I say/think if we just got together we would stand a chance, but people don't wanna work for it. They would rather find that next easy game, i really think there should be some kinda of lock out timer for people who leave a game. But at the same time there are those guilds who are always together, as a Pug pvper. I'm not going to stay in that game and be farmed unless I have a decent team on my side. I'm always down to Fight against the toughest opponents with a decent group its like climbing a hill. But I'm not cool with the trying to climb and ending up slamming into a brick wall.

I think most of us would agree there is a problem.
Just stating my experiences in hope for better pvp in the future.

joshtheboss
07-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Hi Love,

I agree with this thread you've started. I really think the best way to fix CTF is to create incentives for people to fight as a team, not leave early, and play the game as it is intended: CAPTURE the FLAG! What I've suggested in a previous thread is they implement tokens/coins that you receive for winning the game. You can only receive a coin if you help your team capture 3/5 flags. These coins can in turn be used to purchase special pets or "combat potions" only usable in CTF PvP. Along side this, to augment your stated issues with the CTF flags achievement, perhaps they could add achievements for won games, or integrate the special pets into a pet collection achievement. The possibilities are there - they just need to decide how to fix CTF first.

I hope this helps your thread a little.

If they can gain pets to further advantage themselves in PvP it just compounds the problem of boosters, not solve it.

Taejo
07-15-2013, 07:40 PM
If they can gain pets to further advantage themselves in PvP it just compounds the problem of boosters, not solve it.

Well, I don't know what a "booster" is, so please explain. Once I know that, I can rebuttle your disagreement :)

IronMonkey
07-15-2013, 07:59 PM
From a point of view of a lvl 7 pvper:

I am not part of any guild then but when I killed another player from a large guild, they started hunting me down. They even give orders like "Player A kill blah blah blah....". It definitely ruins your game experience, why:

a. Their guild has a large number of members and
b. Transferring to another arena, expect a guild member from the same guild play there. Because as I said, they are large and the majority of them have the same timezones me. The time I play is the same time they also play.

Giving them random names as suggested above and removing the guild titles, really blinds these players from focusing (hunting) a single player.

Now I play with my twink mage (a higher level) because it isnt too crowded.

psychoscream
07-16-2013, 01:29 PM
@ psycho
I never said he doesn't deserve the status he has in game.
All I said was he gets special treatment because of his status in game and because of that it's harder for him to comprehend what the average Joe experiences.
I didn't mean it in a negative way at all, and it's really not his fault how players treat him but this brings back the argument how these guilds and the social status of certain players creates unfair game play "occasionally".

@chilicrush
Last I recall I don't know you, and you don't know me. So please keep the story telling to yourself b/c you really have no basis to make all your assumptions on me.
And welcome to my block list Chili so please refrain from posting on my threads ever again unless you got something constructive to say.

I only meant that why dont you act as nice as inkredble does or
Any nice people?

wowdah
07-17-2013, 06:42 PM
A solution would be to fix the glitch where flaggers lag and go through the whole map.

inkredible
07-17-2013, 06:47 PM

sorry i just had to

LMFAO

Energizeric
07-18-2013, 03:42 AM
I didn't read any of this thread, but just responding based on the title of the thread....

I've decided I won't be doing anymore CTF ever again. I am currently on the flag leaderboards, but about to be bumped off in a few days. But being on the flags leaderboard is like winning the special olympics. Playing capture the flag lately is about as fun as taking out the garbage in my house one piece of garbage at a time. Walk to flag room, walk back to base. Repeat process while the other team does the same thing. No skill required.

The banner they give is a piece of garbage and worthless. I'd rather wear the blue and yellow banner they gave out to all players a few months ago. The CTF banner is like wearing a sign that says "I have no life and spend my time walking back and forth for a few hundred hours".

I agree with the OP. The flag achievements and leaderboard should be eliminated, and wins and losses in CTF should be kept track of in your stats, and maybe there should be achievements for that instead. Because what fun is playing CTF if nobody is competing against eachother. It's like playing baseball by letting batters call their pitch and hitting every ball into the seats, or the defense in football not trying to tackle anyone and every play is a touchdown. Would you want to watch that game? I wouldn't, and don't plan to anymore.

If it means I fall off the APs leaderboard too, then so be it. I play this game to have fun, not for boredom.

Zeus
07-18-2013, 09:49 AM
I think what Love is trying to say isn't coming out as well as people should take it.

Key problems in CTF:

- Flagging
To those that say, "just join another game". Sure, I gladly do. However, the other games almost always consist of either heavily out balanced teams or yet another game where players are boosting flags. So, my point is that ignoring a problem simply will not solve the problem.
Also, to those that say, "I earned my flags & banners". Fine, let those who worked for them keep the banners that they have to signify their immense amount of flag kills. However, do take away the achievement.

Example: PL has been around for 3.5 years. Also, note that CTF in PL has been around for three years. In that 3 year time span, players are just now getting 5,000 flags. When I take a look at AL, players already have thousands upon thousands of flags and I can see exactly how they get the flags as well. It just is not proper game play.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind reputation at all. After all, I get my fair share of it as well. However, it is a problem for other players. Why? There is this "clique" and anyone against it gets killed, pretty much. Now, in this game, I PvP solo by choice. Personally, for me, I enjoy doing just that. However, many others don't as popularity and reputation just contribute to ganging.
To this, I will state that the purpose of PvP is this: to kill. Correct? So, if the purpose is that, why not remove name identification/guild identification/vanities? That way people really just PvP, nothing more to it.

Just some food for thought!

P.S: I didn't intend on offending anyone when I wrote this post, so please, keep it civil.

moot
07-18-2013, 10:41 AM
I agree much with Energizeric and Apollo.

Please make this happens for our better pvp experience.

Soundlesskill
07-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Engeri, you're not the only one quitting PvP. I am too :) then we can go farm our butts off together and still have no life at all lol.
But I'd like to say, it's not everyone on the CTF lb that farmed their kills and flags.
I can't speak for others, but I know I didn't.
I just wanna claim my banner & start farming so I can have a chance in the upcoming season. Gear up -> Pwn. Next season anyways.

EDIT#1
Oh next season I'll be walking around with that piece of garbage banner. *Note the sarcasm*

iluvataris
07-18-2013, 12:10 PM
I cant wait to see the season 4 banners : )

Soundlesskill
07-18-2013, 12:11 PM
ikr....

Limsi
07-18-2013, 01:30 PM
I cant wait to see the season 4 banners : )

Stop posting and kill more! :p

Kaytar
07-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Thren asked me to post (again -.-)....

She says: I completely agree with the original post. I would like to add that joining players in PvP through the friends & party list should be removed too. Its the only way to make those matches truly random. I gave up on PvP on AL cuz its simply not worth it anymore. Too many players are cheating by not playing by the actual CtF & DM rules cuz all they really care about are themselves to boost KDRs & get Achievements.

I also believe since they have said farming kills is allowed, a lot of these problems came along with it.

katish
07-18-2013, 03:16 PM
+1 to removing names and guild tags from pvp.

Maybe even make it so u can only communicate with Ur team..

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

iluvataris
07-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Stop posting and kill more! :p

yyess,,sss mmmaaamm

Energizeric
07-18-2013, 10:59 PM
I have a very easy solution here:

Everyone should have a stat for "team flags scored" and "team flags allowed". And please DO have a leaderboard for this. The result is nobody will let players on the other team score as it will affect their stats negatively. If the teams are very unbalanced, then players will quit instead of being outnumbered 5-to-1, and then the game will end so nobody will be able to just run flags back and forth.

Also, this will encourage team play. It will actually benefit me to protect the flag carrier on my team, perhaps heal him, and help him to score. It will also encourage players to go after the flag carrier on the other team.

It will eliminate guild members from allowing eachother on opposite teams to run flags.

Overall it will make flags much harder to come by, which is what I think we all would like to see. Then those of you who actually earn your flags will have a leaderboard banner that actually means something.

I think this stat should replace the current flag stat. Because this is a team competition, and it shouldn't matter who actually carries the flag. It should matter how many the team scores.

I'm going to post a separate thread with this idea. If you like it please comment on that thread.

Here is a post explaining this in more detail. Please read and post your thoughts:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?107340-Solution-to-CTF-problems&p=1184683#post1184683

gundamsone
07-20-2013, 01:20 AM
xkil______ Has Joined the Team Blue
xkil______ "flag plzs up to 4"
Love "no..."

Love killed xkil______

xkil______ "*^#@ off love"

This player is from one of the guilds this thread is targetting, and it's very typical behaviour nowadays.

Chili
07-20-2013, 01:56 AM
xkil______ Has Joined the Team Blue
xkil______ "flag plzs up to 4"
Love "no..."

Love killed xkil______

xkil______ "*^#@ off love"

This player is from one of the guilds this thread is targetting, and it's very typical behaviour nowadays.

So you are targeting a guild with this thread eh?

Trenton
07-20-2013, 02:16 AM
So you are targeting a guild with this thread eh? Pretty certain that he's saying its one of the guilds doing the things he's talking about, I highly doubt he made this whole big thread just for one guild.

Energizeric
07-20-2013, 02:40 AM
I got scolded for killing someone in CTF. Then someone told me "we're just running flags, wait your turn and just run flags". So I kept fighting. Then what happened is the other team ganged up on me while my team was nowhere to be found and just standing around waiting in the flag room for their turn. That was the last time I played CTF. I don't intend to go back anytime soon. I do TDM instead. There people actually compete against eachother.

Alfai
07-21-2013, 07:56 AM
So you are targeting a guild with this thread eh?

Almost chocked with this biscuits...dang

Chili
07-21-2013, 08:36 AM
Almost chocked with this biscuits...dang

It's what I do best lmao