PDA

View Full Version : Zuraz lance comeback

deathdealer
10-21-2010, 10:34 PM
It amazes me that the best 1 handed weapon is still the zuraz and that's a ao2 item!!

There increasing in value again, and just all around better than force cutter and vibra.

So devs what's the beef? Is there anything that's ever going replace the shock lance?

KingFu
10-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Actually, vibra is debatably better. Vibra has a combo for bears called execute that requires he'll scream, and it lowers the targets hit, dps, and damage. I'll have to test it again but after 3 stacks (I believe it was three) the opponents dps went to 16. I'll have to check it again later:)

Ellyidol
10-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Actually, vibra is debatably better. Vibra has a combo for bears called execute that requires he'll scream, and it lowers the targets hit, dps, and damage. I'll have to test it again but after 3 stacks (I believe it was three) the opponents dps went to 16. I'll have to check it again later:)

Agree here. For effects, the Vibra > Shock Lance for me. But with a decent group you don't even need any effects, just your normal debuffs and kill it fast is enough :P You should know now :) Zuraz has something that any other weapon doesnt have anyway.

Chickdigcookies
10-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Agree here. For effects, the Vibra > Shock Lance for me. But with a decent group you don't even need any effects, just your normal debuffs and kill it fast is enough :P You should know now :) Zuraz has something that any other weapon doesnt have anyway.

cliff hanger ending ftw...

Royce
10-21-2010, 11:58 PM
The harpoon is the only competitor, though I haven't tried the force cutter which apparently also breaks armor. Execute is great, but armor debuffs are key. The lance has better DPS than the harpoon with similar damage. However, the lance debuffs armor by 15 and doesn't stack. The harpoon has a typical break armor proc which drops armor by 15 and stacks, so you can decrease armor more significantly. I think for a bear, the slight edge may still go to the lance (which is dumb IMO since it's an AO2 item), but the harpoon is close, and I would definitely use the harpoon as a pallly. And definitely switch to harpoon if someone else in the party is already usinga lance. Still need to try the cutter though....

Ellyidol
10-22-2010, 12:18 AM
The harpoon is the only competitor, though I haven't tried the force cutter which apparently also breaks armor. Execute is great, but armor debuffs are key. The lance has better DPS than the harpoon with similar damage. However, the lance debuffs armor by 15 and doesn't stack. The harpoon has a typical break armor proc which drops armor by 15 and stacks, so you can decrease armor more significantly. I think for a bear, the slight edge may still go to the lance (which is dumb IMO since it's an AO2 item), but the harpoon is close, and I would definitely use the harpoon as a pallly. And definitely switch to harpoon if someone else in the party is already usinga lance. Still need to try the cutter though....

I've heard the Force Cutter debuffs -25 armor and stacks up to 4x, I'd say 3x constant since that fourth just appears for a split second and wears off. Haven't really tried using one or been used against one so I wouldn't know. -75 armor is huge though!

Drewl90
10-22-2010, 01:18 AM
which item is probably better for pvp?

or do all bears use gurgox hammer when pvping? lol

Ellyidol
10-22-2010, 03:34 AM
which item is probably better for pvp?

or do all bears use gurgox hammer when pvping? lol

Zuraz vs Harpoon? I'd say Zuraz for pvp. And yeah Hammer has the highest damage in game currently, if I'm not mistaken. Perfect for warriors.

Azrael
10-22-2010, 03:14 PM
I use plasma axe over gurgox... But thats just me. They are pretty much the same.

Doesnt the sumblessed scimitar debuff hit by alot or is that. Just the bow?

Im not sure, i havent really played in two weeks.

Arterra
10-22-2010, 08:11 PM
I COULD HAVE SWORN the scimitar gave no proc, only to complete rift set... darnit! i traded for that sunblessed bow lol...