PDA

View Full Version : Know Your Terms of Service Agreement!

Taejo
07-13-2013, 11:35 AM
No one asked me to do this, but I just want to apologize for the recent ToS agreement violation I committed. It reflects poorly on me as an active community member and a game player.

Just so everyone knows, you cannot use the forums to sell in-game items that can't be traded through the in-game trade window! So don't try selling Elite Bael party invites!

Zanpakuto
07-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Wow I didn't know that!

iluvataris
07-13-2013, 01:35 PM
I didn't either, so when people buy signatures , that's an offense as well?

Taejo
07-13-2013, 01:56 PM
I didn't either, so when people buy signatures , that's an offense as well?

I don't think so, since signatures are out of the game content. I am talking about in-game particulars such as offering to level up someone for 100k gold or like in my case, selling a party spot to join me killing Elite Bael.

Alhuntrazeck
07-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Whoops!
Didn't know this! Sorry for you-know-what Taej!

Xbuddyjosh
07-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Hai

Temarichan
07-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Hmm

Taejo
07-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Whoops!
Didn't know this! Sorry for you-know-what Taej!

No worries bud, we didn't know any better. I'm just making sure no one repeats my mistake :)

xcainnblecterx
07-13-2013, 10:30 PM
So all those people that are in pl saying "will power Lvl you for 5k a lvl etc." Are violating tos? As help can't fit in a trade window. I know this is al just asking. According to tos in this way there's a lot of things with gold that would violate and I'm not going into details. Just glad I know this now

DocDoBig
07-14-2013, 05:28 AM
You cannot use the game trade to sell in-game items that can't be traded through the in-game trade window as well.

Energizeric
07-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Interesting subject. In PL if you hosted a game you could boot someone. How exactly would it work if you sold a party invite. What happens if you invite someone and then they refuse to pay after they join the party?

Obviously you're not going to leave the party to go collect your money first. Just seems like a major trust issue either way you do it. A better idea would be to offer an invite under the condition that they give you their loot drop from Bael. Most players would gladly accept this as they just want the achievement, and you get extra loot that way. But again, no way to enforce the trade if they refuse afterwards.

In PL we used to help twinks level under the condition that they turn over any pinks they get from the boss. It made it worthwhile for higher level players to help, and the lower level players got their XP without much effort, so everyone was happy.