PDA

View Full Version : How's your ping in game nowadays?

SkyDagger
07-13-2013, 12:05 PM
How's your ping nowadays?

Over past weeks I can't get any good connection :

Screenshot today

The DL speed ive shown you ^ is great for me until month of June no lags no red ping when my DL speed ^ is good, but when some updates comes from june 3rd week or what, it ends like that. I don't know why or what update caused of this bad ping.

I know someone will gonna say oh so slow speed connection & its not the game server, its your connection.

BTW im from Philippines, most of my friends in game felt this too.

PS: That DL speed is just normal on us don't compare it on other country DL speed.

TW84
07-13-2013, 12:57 PM
I feel that it was good when i started to play this game (february??) and at some point, not remembering when, it started to fluctuate a lot... It's not uncommon nowadays... :-/

Tehdrunktiger
07-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Well, on AL, I usually have around 100. Yesterday, my connection tried to commit suicide and I see it skyrocket to 30,000. Yep, 30,000 ping. But after about 30 minutes, it returned to normal. :P

SkyDagger
07-13-2013, 10:17 PM
I just dont know, were far from the server and nowadays receive and send data of this game from our country is much slower rather than before. Maybe that's the reason & maybe not.

Tehdrunktiger
07-13-2013, 11:28 PM
You know, I downloaded AL in the Philippines. A few days ago, I was in IloIlo for vacation. I live in the U.S. :) A friend of mine recommended it, so I played it there to pass some spare time.

chitgoks
07-14-2013, 12:07 AM
today sts servers r lagging. not a good time to play

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Cero
07-14-2013, 12:20 AM
im lagging so bad today in pvp. like playing on a pentium1. i hope next time it will go.back to normal.

Uiraoso
07-14-2013, 08:06 AM
im lagging so bad in this week, and ive check my conection and its good. i dont know why but maybe any AL player if u play with google chrome ur connection will be bad.

Bookmark
07-14-2013, 08:07 AM
I ping so much that I stopped playing the game.

Tehdrunktiger
07-14-2013, 08:28 AM
im lagging so bad in this week, and ive check my conection and its good. i dont know why but maybe any AL player if u play with google chrome ur connection will be bad.

Really? I use Google Chrome and my connection is usually fine. Maybe it's just me o_o

Bless
07-14-2013, 08:28 AM
Mine rarely goes over 250

Tryndamare
07-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Haha, ping always raise because of bad network connection, im used to it, not a big deal for me
For me:
Minimum ping: 400
Average/Normal ping: 600-800
Highest ping: 500k....WTF!!!!!

Higuani
07-14-2013, 10:23 AM
I have something different when i play elite(long maps) and i don't die after 14/17 mins
I get this bad lag about -800 even when map finished and leave to different map it stays like this.
The only solution i have is to die and it will be +250 again oO
Only my sorcer class lvl31 has this prob when i play on my Phone..

SkyDagger
07-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Haha, ping always raise because of bad network connection, im used to it, not a big deal for me
For me:
Minimum ping: 400
Average/Normal ping: 600-800
Highest ping: 500k....WTF!!!!!

Almost my normal ping runs 400 to 1k which is red already and feels the stop motion of surroundings. Last time my normal ping runs 200 to 475 now it upgrades from green yellow to yellow red XD. Btw my max ping in AL is 120k :P

Uiraoso
07-14-2013, 11:31 AM
i dont know whats going on,but like i said. ive try open another like youtube and my conection is very2 good. but when i open AL so high ping. Any suggest for me anyone?im use chrome.

Drearivev
07-14-2013, 11:53 AM
im lagging so bad in this week, and ive check my conection and its good. i dont know why but maybe any AL player if u play with google chrome ur connection will be bad.I've used Google Chrome and I lag always. My normal on that is 300+.
When I use my tablet, which is most of the times, it's rarely above 200. Normally 40-150

Monstertongue
07-14-2013, 12:40 PM
its all about the server....

when this game just started...i have ping at 250-300, server is good..all fine...

then came the 1st huge server maintenance...ping goes up to 300-400... my internet connection and subscription plan did not change...already suspect they did something to server..

then from every update....pings get worse...huge lags whenever there is los of action..

i can tell u...the pings gonna makes me quit soon...+ the boredom...maybe even faster...lol

Chaim Nail
07-14-2013, 06:11 PM
http://www.haku.co.uk/pics/pingspeed1.jpg

That's wireless, it goes a bit faster with a wired connection.

And this is the best I get from the game:

http://www.haku.co.uk/pics/pingspeed2.jpg

I rarely get lagged or lose connection, it usually bounces between 100-250, it would be lower but for the atlantic ocean link :)

Temarichan
07-14-2013, 11:50 PM
I rarely lag or loose ping.

Since Minnesota is really rainy, muggy and snowy (it's not snowing now xD ) I tend to loose connection. But..that's all. Besides that, I get 250 green ping

Soundlesskill
07-15-2013, 04:19 AM
Same!
These days from 2pm-6pm my time my ping hasn't gone under 600. That's in every room. I screw up my kdr because of it.
Sometimes it's just a huge screenfreeze and ping goes up to 10k+
It's super annoying, because I can't play.
I'm glad tourny is at the time it is. No-lag-zone.

keikali
07-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Sometimes, I'll get those random ping spikes, but I notice them more often then before.

Testing server load for expansion?

Rajnikanth
07-15-2013, 03:36 PM
due to these ping spikes that rises from 200-300ping to 50-70k ping; m unable to farm elite bosses.

jelly
07-16-2013, 06:22 AM
Now i have 60-80ms ping.
When i playing online game,I check my ping using Whoisxy.com (http://www.whoisxy.com/ping.aspx)

jelly
07-16-2013, 06:23 AM
Now i have 60-80ms ping.
When i playing online game,I check my ping using whoisxy.com

Origin
07-16-2013, 12:39 PM
used to be 350-450 for me on average on a good wifi connection. Bad nights constantly in the 600-900 zone, spikes of 1.1k-1.5k. These couple of months I can't seem to get under 400 (my current ping is 933 as I'm typing this - red for the past 2 hours..also the reason why I'm typing this lmao). So yes I think it's not just u. In pvp, still ok at twink level but just ridiculous at endgame, running through walls, no-show skills and sudden deaths. For the timed run comp, I could only make recs when I tapped into fibre optics at work - 1st time I ever saw a little green, 290. Took screenshot coz historical moment, lol. Suspect it's related to geography, Australia isn't exactly competitive-gamer-friendly. Forced to leave my last serious mmo when I moved here, coz it was taking 5-10 secs to pick up loot.. AL is much more forgiving. Any Aussies care to weigh in on this?

Anyway, really looking forward to doing some testing when I go abroad next month :-) :-) :-)

lilweezy
07-23-2013, 10:38 AM
this is unplayable. please fix the ping. thanks

lilweezy
07-24-2013, 03:39 AM
can a dev fill us in on what's going on? cuz its not our connection. its on the sts side.

Robhawk
07-24-2013, 03:48 AM
I confirm that. My connection is terrible and it wasnt some time ago.

Im like 200 -> 1500 -> 600 -> 400 -> 3000 -> 200 -> 900 and so on... and yes, im the only one using my i-connection!
You dont need to enter a PVP arena, cause the ping-peaks kill you. Also "funny" when you get killed by Trulle although you are 10m away from the red zone *lol*

Alfai
07-24-2013, 04:11 AM
I tk it as a serious matter as it ruins the gaming experience..it gets worse when the screen freezes during action and ended up dc etc..not that u can't respawn but for customers who spend money on the game it just spoil etg.

Understand sts is improving the server efficiency but appreciate a swift feedback to address the ping issue by mantaining stability so al is enjoyable for all.

chitgoks
07-25-2013, 12:13 AM
today is terrible

Xstealthxx
07-25-2013, 01:29 AM
usually, 800 that is normal for me, nd oftentimes 1k-2k ping while in PVP.

yastsiogma97e
07-25-2013, 01:34 AM
Mostly in pvp is when ping is high.. and in other places it is low

Zeus
07-25-2013, 02:02 AM
I don't know what y'all are talking about...I get green ping consistently.

Zeus
07-25-2013, 02:03 AM
To those having ping issues, read this:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?98791-Identifying-Symptoms-Why-am-I-lagging

Dreuefesie
07-25-2013, 02:10 AM
used to be 350-450 for me on average on a good wifi connection. Bad nights constantly in the 600-900 zone, spikes of 1.1k-1.5k. These couple of months I can't seem to get under 400 (my current ping is 933 as I'm typing this - red for the past 2 hours..also the reason why I'm typing this lmao). So yes I think it's not just u. In pvp, still ok at twink level but just ridiculous at endgame, running through walls, no-show skills and sudden deaths. For the timed run comp, I could only make recs when I tapped into fibre optics at work - 1st time I ever saw a little green, 290. Took screenshot coz historical moment, lol. Suspect it's related to geography, Australia isn't exactly competitive-gamer-friendly. Forced to leave my last serious mmo when I moved here, coz it was taking 5-10 secs to pick up loot.. AL is much more forgiving. Any Aussies care to weigh in on this?

Anyway, really looking forward to doing some testing when I go abroad next month :-) :-) :-)

I'm Aussie as well and I never knew that green existed until I saw other people's screen shots. I have always wondered if it is the internet set up at my house or if being in Australia I cannot get any better than what I have at the moment.

SkyDagger
07-25-2013, 02:52 AM
To those having ping issues, read this:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?98791-Identifying-Symptoms-Why-am-I-lagging

We lived in different countries, as i expected not all people used to be staying at the green ping and your the lucky ones who have that. But yes all you said there are true. Im using PC, travelling from modem to router > PC's using UTP Cable. There are certain times i got red ping continously in game while the internet is in good connection, but thats not supposed to be. Because if your net is in good condition expect a good connection game but when my net isn't in good condition ill expect red ping goes high.

Btw my screenshot on first post, when the speedtest.net is done i took a screenshot. Im happy already on past months when i got 23 ms 0.20 dl speed cause i expected that my ping in game is yellow and not experience a red but for now naaaa it turns opposite. :/

Zeus
07-25-2013, 03:08 AM
We lived in different countries, as i expected not all people used to be staying at the green ping and your the lucky ones who have that. But yes all you said there are true. Im using PC, travelling from modem to router > PC's using UTP Cable. There are certain times i got red ping continously in game while the internet is in good connection, but thats not supposed to be. Because if your net is in good condition expect a good connection game but when my net isn't in good condition ill expect red ping goes high.

Btw my screenshot on first post, when the speedtest.net is done i took a screenshot. Im happy already on past months when i got 23 ms 0.20 dl speed cause i expected that my ping in game is yellow and not experience a red but for now naaaa it turns opposite. :/

If your net connection is good & stable (as shown if you read that post) then the problem either lies in A. Your device or B. Your Router or C. Both your device & your router.

Trust me, a long time ago I thought that lag was STS's fault as well but in reality, after getting Grade A equipment, it is not.

SkyDagger
07-25-2013, 03:39 AM
If your net connection is good & stable (as shown if you read that post) then the problem either lies in A. Your device or B. Your Router or C. Both your device & your router.

Trust me, a long time ago I thought that lag was STS's fault as well but in reality, after getting Grade A equipment, it is not.

There's no prob on my computer or router maybe yes some packet data transfer will be the cause of it. Grade A equipments hmmm -_-" such as fiber optics cable. Too expensive but yep it will gave you wide bandwidth and have a great connection. Then people like me cant afford such equipments, maybe if the server can handle or extend more for receiving and sending packet data it will be more great. Updates adds more heavy data transferring on both server/customer. Well its hard to say ill just enjoy what i can on this game :)

Anyways, thanks for the feedback Apollo and to others.

leeelooo
07-25-2013, 07:02 AM
I live in USA, North Carolina. When I play on my pc, my ping is very rarely higher than 150, it usually hovers between 50-100. When I play on my phone, my ping is horrible with spikes up to 130K and disconnections. Sometimes i get good green ping on my phone but its generally jumping up to 3K and back to yellow constantly.

SkullCrusher
07-25-2013, 07:16 AM
Farming and chilling in town - green ping.

PvPing - BOOM! 50k ping out of no where.