PDA

View Full Version : your biggest noob moment(s)

xcainnblecterx
07-14-2013, 01:44 AM
Figured I'd make a thread to see what noob moments you peeps had when starting al. Mine where: thinking the cs(ah) in travelers outpost and kraag were different and traveling between the two checking prices and listing items before I realised it was the same, clicking on every thing and telling people to please move so I could click something then realised I could just use the attack button(on phone), and not getting more stash slots when I was buying plat (not really noobish just regret it now).

matanofx
07-14-2013, 02:51 AM
This is something im really not proud of

Took me about a week or two of al gaming to realize the next map from kraag is dead city and how to get to dead city -.-

I thought kraag tombs would be the next map (wrong) then i tried haunlet (wrong again bro) until finally someone was kind enough to tell me theres a gateway to dead city between the cannons in kraag 0.0

xcainnblecterx
07-14-2013, 03:00 AM
This is something im really not proud of

Took me about a week or two of al gaming to realize the next map from kraag is dead city and how to get to dead city -.-

I thought kraag tombs would be the next map (wrong) then i tried haunlet (wrong again bro) until finally someone was kind enough to tell me theres a gateway to dead city between the cannons in kraag 0.0

Actually when the dead city map came out, a lot of us got lost and couldn't find it Lol. So don't feel to bad as almost all the expansions have been confusing to findfind GS

Alhuntrazeck
07-14-2013, 03:20 AM
Mine were:
Same as cainns, switching between the cs in travel and kraag.
Used to ragequit from a pvp game in windmoore and teleport to kraag to find another game.
Use the portals on cities and beginnings of maps to teleport before someone told me I could use the world map.

Cant think of more ;)

Sent using clouds on a light blue sky.

Ebezaanec
07-14-2013, 04:00 AM
Once I couldn't find the Kraken Mines because I overlooked the "Explore" button below the "Nautical Chart" button, when talking to Captain Hanna Raven.

Was stuck for a while, until I had the patience to read everything...

xcainnblecterx
07-14-2013, 05:15 AM
Oh forgot that one alhunt, using portals also another even though I been playing since November, in eoe I had to ask aster how to turn mini map on. @ebe, yea another problem a lot of players had was using that lady to go to new kraken maps (wonder if anyone plays those stages except mines now). I made a guide how to do it somewhere. Probably lost in the forums by now

Thaze
07-14-2013, 09:41 AM
When i was new to AL with my lvl 15 warrior i spammed Delphina with the question "how did you make your name green?"

Roberto077
07-14-2013, 09:49 AM
April 2nd 2010

Higuani
07-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Figured I'd make a thread to see what noob moments you peeps had when starting al. Mine where: thinking the cs(ah) in travelers outpost and kraag were different and traveling between the two checking prices and listing items before I realised it was the same, clicking on every thing and telling people to please move so I could click something then realised I could just use the attack button(on phone), and not getting more stash slots when I was buying plat (not really noobish just regret it now).

Same as me. LOL

Once I couldn't find the Kraken Mines because I overlooked the "Explore" button below the "Nautical Chart" button, when talking to Captain Hanna Raven.

Was stuck for a while, until I had the patience to read everything...

And this one either haha

I'm not the only one with noob moments! Great thread.

razerfingers
07-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Back in beta bought lvl 16 jug helmet for 100k hella good deal 4 days later, releases on IOS and they over farmed crates so my helemt dropped to 10k...

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

KingMartin
07-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Two times it happened to me that I hammered down on F5 key in the middle of Bloodhammer fight in Elite Skull Cove.

F5 is damn close to 4 and 5 keys (4th skill and pet arcane)

For those not using PC: F5 forces window refresh which in turn kicks you out of the game for good, to a great amusement of your party :-)

Drearivev
07-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Lol'd at so many things. Nice thread.

Mine:
Thought I could get to Windenmoore Harbour from Tower of Mardrom. Later found out it was from Windenmoore-.-
I thought the CS in outpost and Kraag were different.
I thought PvP entrances in Windenmoore and Kraag were different. (I thought Windenmoore was for low lvl's and Kraag was for high lvl's)
Last thing, spent too much gold on potions and the Steel Commando set chest that you could buy with 1000 gold and have a low chance of Steel Commando items.

xcainnblecterx
07-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Seems a lot of us have done the same thing lol.

Rajnikanth
07-14-2013, 01:05 PM
my noob moment was when i sold mythic gun at 750k to one guy in that mythic weekend when drop rate were increased. i thought price will decrease more due increase in drop rates bt now rofl 2.5m
. :-|
(idc coz i got tht gun after opening 6crates)
i will again open crates when again mythic event will show up

drgrimmy
07-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Took me forever to figure out the action button (the little had with the pointy finger that comes up in the bottom right corner). Kept on trying to click on chests to open and kept on getting annoyed when people crowded around NPCs so I couldn't click on them until I figured this one out. Literally to me weeks and weeks of playing, lmfao.

bramer
07-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Spending an hour (not an exaggeration) in the southern seas map trying to go to the southern seas because I thought I was in the Dragons Jewel map :/

This is bramer - signing out

DocDoBig
07-14-2013, 02:33 PM
When I purchased my first plat.

Trenton
07-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Took me forever to figure out the action button (the little had with the pointy finger that comes up in the bottom right corner). Kept on trying to click on chests to open and kept on getting annoyed when people crowded around NPCs so I couldn't click on them until I figured this one out. Literally to me weeks and weeks of playing, lmfao. Same, I actually... Just found it out.. A few days ago... :(

Energizeric
07-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Took me forever to figure out the action button (the little had with the pointy finger that comes up in the bottom right corner). Kept on trying to click on chests to open and kept on getting annoyed when people crowded around NPCs so I couldn't click on them until I figured this one out. Literally to me weeks and weeks of playing, lmfao.

This isn't actually a noob moment but a "PL veteran moment". We were all trying to do things the way we did in PL and we found out sometimes AL is different.

jb57542
07-14-2013, 04:26 PM
This isn't actually a noob moment but a "PL veteran moment". We were all trying to do things the way we did in PL and we found out sometimes AL is different.

+1 to this. I made all sorts of mistakes trying to play AL like PL.

dirtystyle
07-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Mine happened today actually... About to beat Frostnir (whatever his name is) and it was just me and a warrior for most of the battle... long battle obviously... and my battery on my tablet died when the boss was about 1% health... so pissed...

inkredible
07-14-2013, 06:03 PM
MY biggest noob moment..

when i didnt know there was FREE RESPEC for the weekend..

and i had only enough plats for one respec......

and i kept turning people down in my guild to help them cuz i wasnt pve spec or pvp spec (forgot which)

so i was being really cheap with people which i didnt like cuz i do like to help people as much as i can

then a guildie tells me...... u do know its a free respec weekend right....
im like no....................................
theyre like are u serious ..................
im like yah...................

^^

xcainnblecterx
07-14-2013, 11:59 PM
@energize: yea that where I got the tapping from. Even now when I to back to pl I try clickin atack button to gt in cs-.-. Haha y'all be funnier when...wait nm :D. Imo, bes post eva sucka fish

IronMonkey
07-15-2013, 12:08 AM
Yesterday I went to Elite Arcanum Grounds to farm eggs, trying to get past the first mob seems more difficult than ever before, I constantly died. Then later I realized that I was only wearing my town outfit:

Vanity armor+helm (no real armor+helm behind the vanity)
Founder weapon
No rings and amulets.

What a noob! If only my Orion have warned me and said: "Hey noob master, are you sure you're going into battle with a party dress?"

xcainnblecterx
07-15-2013, 12:18 AM
Yesterday I went to Elite Arcanum Grounds to farm eggs, trying to get past the first mob seems more difficult than ever before, I constantly died. Then later I realized that I was only wearing my town outfit:

Vanity armor+helm (no real armor+helm behind the vanity)
Founder weapon
No rings and amulets.

What a noob! If only my Orion have warned me and said: "Hey noob master, are you sure you're going into battle with a party dress?"

Yea naked runs only fun when your doing kettle or jaarl runs. Higher up, nope y'all go naked I'm staying alive. If pets cud talk, they'd same some odd stuff about me

Temarichan
07-15-2013, 12:23 AM
When I was lvl 20: I put all stat points on Strong instead of DEX because I thought I'd get more dps and attack power

When I was around lvl 15: Took me a week or two to get past the Arcanum Grounds

Actually those are more....stupid moments xD

xcainnblecterx
07-15-2013, 12:29 AM
When I was lvl 20: I put all stat points on Strong instead of DEX because I thought I'd get more dps and attack power

When I was around lvl 15: Took me a week or two to get past the Arcanum Grounds

Actually those are more....stupid moments xD

Actually no stupid moments only unfound knoledge we will spread when peep holes ask because the same thing happened to us :). I always day "every pro was a noob" which I got from a saying we had in graffiti in new mexclico "every king was a toy"

mollypup
07-15-2013, 12:31 AM
I started out in the good old simple days I also had ghost to show me the ropes and answer questions even so I almost got kicked off the site twice before I learned the rules I'm amazed that I made it tolevel ten

mollypup
07-15-2013, 12:37 AM
I did get the extra slots and I never use them all

xcainnblecterx
07-15-2013, 12:38 AM
I started out in the good old simple days I also had ghost to show me the ropes and answer questions even so I almost got kicked off the site twice before I learned the rules I'm amazed that I made it tolevel ten

Yea wish ghost would be play al again. Find him in pl end game pvp. (used to don't know what he's up to neow)

mollypup
07-15-2013, 12:46 AM
Hey enyone take the time to answer questions in game I have alot of low level sorc friends who will ask me questions in game I enjoy taking a moment to save my friends the embarisment I felt

xcainnblecterx
07-15-2013, 12:57 AM
Hey enyone take the time to answer questions in game I have alot of low level sorc friends who will ask me questions in game I enjoy taking a moment to save my friends the embarisment I felt

I cud but s wee bit off my rocka at the monument . To more I eilll be able to answer any and all (maybe all I'm not a al god after all, just a simple founder) and going to sleep neow if you find a warrio named traumatized passed out naked in kraag due to back fire of cannons, yea that's me feel free send friend ....thing?

drgrimmy
07-15-2013, 01:12 AM
Other noob moments:

Realizing I am still wearing my luck amulet halfway through a PvP match (after coming from farming).

Realizing that I have no pet halfway through a PvP match (after being cheap and dismissing my pet while i wait for people to join the game).

Forgetting to respec back from an experimental build before a free respec weekend is over.

Using /p instead of /g or /g instead of /o by mistake - eg thinking you are talking to just the officers when you are talking about that loser that just joined your guild, but instead you are blabbing to the whole guild.

I am sure I will come up with more...

Soundlesskill
07-15-2013, 04:08 AM
Trying to even out my main point lol

Putting skill points in passive speed .-.

Thinking all 3 kraag auctions were different.

Not realising there was a PvP arena until mid-26cap EIDT#1 in windmore

Lmfao I lol'd at some of these posts x)

chitgoks
07-15-2013, 06:46 AM
well i bought that mythic lephrechaun amulet in the store not knowing its tradeable. worst purchase my of arcane life.

if i knew about it i would not have bought it through plat.

if it was plat exclusive it would have been a sweet deal even though there are no stats that come with it except luck

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

psychoscream
07-15-2013, 07:39 AM
heheh first when i came at season 1 , i just reached windmore and i thought the players are bots

so i went like " say hi " then he/she didnt then i said " bots omg this game sucks " untill
a guy told me WTF LOL

xcainnblecterx
07-15-2013, 10:48 AM
I hate going into PvP with luck amulet and or no pets. Ive popped up in PvP naked (only helm and amulet/rings) from kettle and jaarl runs too.

Alrisaia
07-15-2013, 01:05 PM

So – biggest noobish thing I ever did I suppose was using plat revives in lv 1 forest at like lv 3 on my first toon… At that point I had no idea what the value of plat was…

Then – when I finally made it to the Travelers Outpost, I didn’t find the Watchers Tombs until after I had completed the Dead City expansion… I leveled in WT4 after that to lv 26 and 31 with multiple toons…

Zuzeq
07-15-2013, 01:28 PM
When I play I don't really look at the buttons, I just push where I know they are (with proper timing of course). Fir Elite Oltgar run ever I died like 4/5 times on mob alone and about the same on boss. I was like "What wrong with me?" We killed the boss and one of my friends say "You're bold Zu" and I'm like "Why?", she goes "You didn't have a pet this whole time". HUH?, I was pushing that abilty button and didn't notice nothing was happening and just dropping dead for nothing....NOOB...

Sibayjing
07-15-2013, 01:41 PM
farming 2h in normal Mardrom for drop wrathjaw... ( the description in stable is not very accurate)

Drearivev
07-15-2013, 03:13 PM
^Lol

Another one from me:
When I made my first AL character (Warrior), everytime I leveled I would put +2 in STR, +2 in DEX, and +2 in INT.
I also went fully offensive (CS, AT, SS, WM)
I put 1 skill point into 1 of each Passive

I was really noob back then haha.

Amazonina
07-15-2013, 07:00 PM
I did too lol

Amazonina
07-15-2013, 07:10 PM
I was playing in pvp armor and helm mythic (I borrowed from a friend). So I came in there thinkin I was bad, and everytime. I would drop like fly... so I was like wth!!!! After 5 to 6 times I died. I was thinkin what im I doing wrong ?!? So I look at my phone... guess wat?!? I had my luck amulet on.. im like dammn... NOOB!!!

matanofx
07-16-2013, 08:38 AM
Seems like the luck amulet is causing alot of noob moments

One more example is me and my friends tried to make it to lb but our time suckd, after about 3 rounds i notice my rogue has loot elixir icon so i ask her why waste it here? "OMG LEP AMY IM SO NOOB".

Anyway.. here's one im probably not the only one guilty of, back in late season two there was a rumor that if you open chests before boss you have less chances for good loot from the boss.
That rumor got so popular everyone thought they shouldnt open chests before boss and if someone did i was one of those people shouting "nooob stop opening before boss!"

Not my proudest moment to say the least.

Alhuntrazeck
07-16-2013, 10:30 AM

One more example is me and my friends tried to make it to lb but our time suckd, after about 3 rounds i notice my rogue has loot elixir icon so i ask her why waste it here? "OMG LEP AMY IM SO NOOB".

Anyway.. here's one im probably not the only one guilty of, back in late season two there was a rumor that if you open chests before boss you have less chances for good loot from the boss.
That rumor got so popular everyone thought they shouldnt open chests before boss and if someone did i was one of those people shouting "nooob stop opening before boss!"

Oh yeah the chests. I personally used to open every single one and used to gget a lot of 'ugh nooooob' and 'noob don't open chest ffs' n stuff like dat...

Sent using clouds on a light blue sky.

Trenton
07-16-2013, 10:37 AM
This isn't actually a noob moment but a "PL veteran moment". We were all trying to do things the way we did in PL and we found out sometimes AL is different. I guess this would explain it more accurately, lol.

xcainnblecterx
07-16-2013, 11:48 AM

Personally, I don't open em any way. Just seems to shorten the run a lil bit. During that time tho I was always opening haha

Soundlesskill
07-21-2013, 09:56 PM
*le bump*
Cause I need a good laugh lol

xcainnblecterx
07-21-2013, 10:08 PM
*le bump*
Cause I need a good laugh lol

Soundlesskill
07-21-2013, 10:20 PM
5am still need a laugh o.o
Another noob moment when I realised i was sending friend requests out to everyone cause I was trying to find a new name. Failed to hit ignore lol

Zeus
07-22-2013, 12:05 AM
I didn't know the attack button was interactive with NPCs so I would usually spend 5-10 minutes trying to hit the AH dude....

Not my proudest moment.

xcainnblecterx
07-22-2013, 12:51 AM
I didn't know the attack button was interactive with NPCs so I would usually spend 5-10 minutes trying to hit the AH dude....

Not my proudest moment.

Yea I know how that goes. Ended up clicking everyone else's toons tho

Aziiii
07-22-2013, 01:36 AM
Ohhh i madee allot of mystakes lol
I realised i could use pots in s2 lol
Went to arena only whearing vanity one ring and bow ( wondering why i had to spam pots so much?? )
I didnt know why all people gathered at auctions in s2.....i disnt know how to use it and why some items are colored so....
I didnt't know how to use party chat so instead i had to send private messaged all the time zzzzzz ( that was s2 still)
And maybe more..... Hahaha

MGirl
07-22-2013, 02:10 AM
I didn't know you could buy Pots with gold until someone person in the guild I was in was talking about some discount in the Guild Hall Pots ...
So yeah, played without using Pots until like level 18. :l
Explains the deaths, I suppose.

Spyce
07-22-2013, 05:07 AM
I didn't know what "charging up" mean't untit I got invited to a guild.

Obi
07-22-2013, 08:06 AM
I got one also:) Finding out that there is the chest button in cs to buy eggs & chests - I still think many people do not use that selling/buying outside cs with some ridiculously low/high prices..

xcainnblecterx
07-22-2013, 11:25 AM
I didn't know you could buy Pots with gold until someone person in the guild I was in was talking about some discount in the Guild Hall Pots ...
So yeah, played without using Pots until like level 18. :l
Explains the deaths, I suppose.

I kinda did that except I knew you could buy em but in another stg game if you have less then 25 you can farm em and keep at 25. So I always have 25 and never buy, tried that here......yea didn't work

bramer
07-22-2013, 03:59 PM
It took me about a week to realize you could "play" with your pet to increase its happiness, I spent a lot of gold on feeding pets back then.

Hinataa
07-22-2013, 04:21 PM
damn, thank u for making this thread, hahahahahah
my noob moments r: i didt realized i could use pet ability till like lvl26, or that i can charge attack n skills, gifting lockeds because i couldnt open them, didt even know where auction is till like lvl20, was wearing all rare stuff untill friend told me i can buy them at auction. buying that dairy or hows called(the cheapest pet) for like 9k, i raised so much for it n i didt know how much it costs. ofc killing elite blue crab n battery empty at 20% life, also THE BIGGEST NOOB MOMENT today i was doin my last elite achivment, bloodhammer, n i get dc at boss, killed all mobs, this wasnt noob moment, but i got pissed. also thinking pvp arenas r diffrent, till i didnt asked someone like month ago!Also getting to pvp n tdm wearing just vanity or my lvl15 show off armor... yeah, m biggest noob lol

Drearivev
07-22-2013, 05:20 PM
It took me about a week to realize you could "play" with your pet to increase its happiness, I spent a lot of gold on feeding pets back then.

Haha I fed my pet a lot too.

Klaas and Shazbot never gave me potions. So I spent all of my hard earned gold on them. I wasn't even in a guild....poor me :(

Drearivev
07-22-2013, 05:22 PM
I had the opposite of this....I played AL first then PL. So when I tried PL first time I kept tapping the auto-attack button and then I tapped on the NPC then I could talk to them :/

Archerien
07-22-2013, 07:46 PM
i loot a egg malison that time and then i still dont know what is this egg??? because i have too many eggs in my inventory and then i bought platinum and i buy malison through plats. and then i didnt notice that malison egg it can be in stable if u open it. lol it mkes me feel crazy lol

jakesushiroll
07-22-2013, 09:14 PM
For the longest time, I didnt know how to use pots rofl xD

threnody
07-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Thanks, this made me laugh. I am still having noob moments all the time. My first was thinking that people playing around with their skills in the towns were trying to kill me (thought maybe the whole game was PvP!) and running away from them. And I still remember not understanding that I had to kill Captain Bluecrab to be able to turn in a quest I had already finished to Schultz (?)... I spent WAY too much time running around Windmoore Harbor looking for that guy, then a whole lot of time wishing people would stick around and kill Bluecrab with me since it was hopeless on my own. Good times.... good times.

xcainnblecterx
07-23-2013, 12:02 AM
I still have a unfinished quest -.- Have to find "captain of the watch" Since season 1 I still have yet to find him

Zeus
07-23-2013, 12:21 AM
I still have a unfinished quest -.- Have to find "captain of the watch" Since season 1 I still have yet to find him

Rutger?

xcainnblecterx
07-23-2013, 01:33 AM
Rutger?

Maybe....I'll check

Zeus
07-23-2013, 01:55 AM
Maybe....I'll check

He's in map 1 of dead city in 1 of the 2 pathways that you can take. That's probably why you missed him so check both pathways! :)

xcainnblecterx
07-23-2013, 01:56 AM
He's in map 1 of dead city in 1 of the 2 pathways that you can take. That's probably why you missed him so check both pathways! :)

Nope just ran all of dead city and talked to every NPC. IMA just run threw all the maps and talk to every one till I find that elusive guy

Zeus
07-23-2013, 01:58 AM
Nope just ran all of dead city and talked to every NPC. IMA just run threw all the maps and talk to every one till I find that elusive guy

Damn. Maybe you have to complete some prior quests or something (I know I had to for the Karin quests in order for some of the Lost City quests to work properly).

xcainnblecterx
07-23-2013, 02:32 AM
Damn. Maybe you have to complete some prior quests or something (I know I had to for the Karin quests in order for some of the Lost City quests to work properly).

I think sts erased the quest but if you already had it the ghost lady, Morgana of the watch shows up in rooks hideout and asks you to find him. Went ahead and deleted the quest and now she doesn't show up. Anyways back to the noob moments peeps.....just had a big one that I wasted about a hour on :)

drgrimmy
07-24-2013, 12:00 AM
Just remembered perhaps my biggest noob moment. There used to be a rumor back in season one/two or so that you could pay less to feed your pets if you summon a level 1 pet, click on your high level pet in the stable without summoning, and then feed it. It appears as if you you can feed your high level pet for the gold of a level 1 pet. Fell for this for the longest time. Kept some pets at level 1 just for the occasion! :)

Alhuntrazeck
07-24-2013, 05:38 AM
Just remembered perhaps my biggest noob moment. There used to be a rumor back in season one/two or so that you could pay less to feed your pets if you summon a level 1 pet, click on your high level pet in the stable without summoning, and then feed it. It appears as if you you can feed your high level pet for the gold of a level 1 pet. Fell for this for the longest time. Kept some pets at level 1 just for the occasion! :)

I remember this floating around when I played (near start of S2). Kept my deary (<3) at level 1 while feeding my, ahem, barney (lvl 14). Took me a while to realize I was spending loads (to me at that time) when I would usually switch pets.

Traonacik
07-24-2013, 04:45 PM
I once told a dude that I preferred buying stuff at the Traveler's Outpost CS because they're cheaper than the ones in the Kraag CS. Took me a few days to realize why he laughed so hard ....

xcainnblecterx
07-24-2013, 06:01 PM
I once told a dude that I preferred buying stuff at the Traveler's Outpost CS because they're cheaper than the ones in the Kraag CS. Took me a few days to realize why he laughed so hard ....

Now that is funny. I also find those people in town selling stuff higher then cs and when you make a offer they say its 80k or something lower then cs.

Ebezaanec
07-24-2013, 06:19 PM
I remembered another one!

When I finally saved up 200 story tokens to buy a Colton's egg, I thought buying it from the stable would grant me the egg...

Apparently not... :sulkiness:

matanofx
07-24-2013, 08:20 PM

I would like everyone to know thats a real bug that happened sometime in season 3 or beginning of 4 and it actually worked

You have my word for it, i feed capped lvl pets for the price of lvl1 pet.