PDA

View Full Version : To answer your questions before you spam them in Forrest Haven

Stratospaly
10-22-2010, 08:33 AM
1) No, we will not give you free stuff
2) No we will not power level you
3) No one wants your lvl 12 item unless its Pink, and maybe even not then
4) Please do not spam every 2 seconds in chat, it gets you put on ignore. Post what you want, then wait 20-30 seconds before doing it again.
5) Do not friend every player that walks by you. If they are good in a group and think the same of you, friending is ok.
6) Do not spam invites to friends for them to join you in a zone. Once is enough, if they want to come they will.
7) If you can not get past level 10, go to the world map and go to the next town/set of dungeons to level
8) If you can not get past level 13, register your account
9) If you can not get past level 18, buy some plat with real $$ and purchase the next expansion pack (or sets of packs)
10) To look like a skeleton, zombie, croc, alien, buy plat and purchase the rental until November 1. You can seek out Halloween Hal in Forrest Haven to get a free zombie costume.
11) I got my pumpkin head by doing a quest, you MUST buy a costume to start the quest, make sure you have some level 50s as the enemies are around that level.
12) There are 3 kinds of gear. STR = Warrior, DEX = Archer, INT = Mage, at low levels. At higher levels you can mix it up a bit.
13) If you purchase high level maps you can technically join them at any level. Do not be surprised if you are booted by the host, it is called leeching and is quite lame. The enemies can and will kill you quickly, and your damage to them is at or around nil.
14) If you are seeing "COMBO" over enemies heads and wonder how to do it, around level 20 or so you should get a few skills that can either self combo, or with a teammate. Check this thread on how to do them. Remember timing is everything. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?9817-super-awesome-stuff&highlight=combo
15) Being polite, and using correct English will get you far in this game. "help for me pink!!!" spam over and over gets you ignored or booted quickly. "Hey can you help me with Mirk the Jerk, he drops a Pink I need" is much more likely to get help.

Less than a month ago, I was a newbie just like you. Most of this is common since from playing MMO games for far too long to be normal, others were learned the hard way or by asking someone.

Vyvin
10-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Sensible post +1
/Vyvin

CanonicalKoi
10-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Great list, Stratos! If I may?

Corollaries to item 6:

6a. Do not be offended if people don't RSVP your invites. Staying alive and helping your team take precedence.
6b. Do not immediately follow your invite with begging messages. "Pls???!" or "HELP!" don't help your response rate--see 6a.
6c. "Help" does not mean, "you come clear the level and let me leech XP."
6d. If you're level 5, say, don't ask me to come help you in Fathom Crypt. Not happening.
6e. Please remember that an upper-level person might like to play the occasional level where they can get XP. It's not their job to play your game.
6f. Common courtesy goes a long, long way.

setec
10-22-2010, 11:49 AM
7 should say level 13 not 10.

Great post!!!!!!!

Also, remember that we are all typing via on screen keyboards. If I don't reply in a half second don't start replying "well?" then "you there?" then "hello?". I might be crafting a long reply to your question.

Oh and I hate the statement in mid-battle "hey, show me your weapon" and then a trade request pops up. Lol.

CanonicalKoi
10-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Oh, ye gods, yes! Or people wanting to trade in the middle of a mob.

vulgarstrike
10-22-2010, 10:00 PM
WHO IS THIS WE YOU SPEAK OF.

WHAT IS THIS!!

btw, someone powerlevel me to 50 plz when i get back.
peace home skillets.

TwinkTastical
10-23-2010, 02:01 AM
Rule 3939392828.04949294&4828383-a, If you need free stuff, Go farm it.

Gaabob
10-24-2010, 07:32 PM
oo I feel special- someone used my site/thread thing on combos :)

ArrowofLegend
10-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Come on, we were a new player once. I don't think helping them out noce a while would hurt.