PDA

View Full Version : Story behind -fnord and Founders' Helms

ultimaga95
07-14-2013, 06:10 PM
(Update: I have decided to include the Shield of Gratitude and Frozen Crown of Gratitude to the guide just because.)

Ok so I have been getting asked a lot why I have a "-" in my name whenever I get on my enchantress, so I have decided to make a thread talking about -fnord and why people have it for those of you who do not know. I also figured that I would talk about Founders' Helms since I have been asked about them when I use them.

On April 12, 2010 Spacetime Studios released another server for Pocket Legends called Fnord. They did this because they thought that one server was going to be overcrowded, which is a bit ironic if you consider their reason for getting rid of it. On May 27, 2010 STS merged the Alterra and Fnord servers to get rid of Fnord because it was not getting as much players as they expected. When they merged the servers and transferred characters from Fnord to Alterra if there was a character on Fnord who had a name of a player on Alterra they added -fnord after their name (ex if there was a character on Alterra called killer and a charcter on Fnord called killer when the servers merged the character from Fnord server become killer-fnord)

Founders' Helms

On April 20, 2011 STS gave the Founders' Helm to anyone who made their account in either April or May 2010. The Founders' Helm is the only vanity helm that gives stats other then +1 armor. Founders' Helm gives +5 attack and +5 armor which in low level PVP can go a long way.

Now for pictures of the 3 variations. :smile:

Archer

Enchantress

Bear, Rhino, and Fox (it looks the same on all 3)

and last but not least the stats and description

Shield of Gratitude

On April 18, 2011 STS gave out a shield to everyone who bought all the main campaigns before they became free on PL's first birthday. Just like the Founders' Helm the shield also differs based on what race you use it on. Thanks to Overkilldex in game for the pictures of the shields.

Archer

Enchantress

Bear

Frozen Crown of Gratitude

On March 29th, 2011 STS gave a crown to everyone who purchased the side campaigns before they released them for free on PL's second birthday. The crowns do not differ too much between the characters so I will only include one character.

That is it, I hope you all enjoyed reading and learning about the Founder's Helms, -fnord names, and Gratitude items. If I missed anything or if you feel like there is something I should add leave a comment or message me.

Credit for the pictures of the Gratitude Shields goes to OverkillED on the forums, Credit for the dates goes to DocDoBig and his PL's Timeline thread.

XghostzX
07-14-2013, 06:17 PM
My mage is a pretty princess with it's crown ;-)

Avadonna
07-24-2013, 10:41 PM
I had not played for a while. Now I know why I get near daily requests to trade accounts with people because they want my founder's helm. No way, dudes!

Noodleleg
07-24-2013, 11:06 PM
My mage is a pretty princess with it's crown ;-)

Its*

iiirootzz
07-24-2013, 11:58 PM
Ok so I have been getting asked a lot why I have a "-" in my name whenever I get on my enchantress, so I have decided to make a thread talking about -fnord and why people have it for those of you who do not know. I also figured that I would talk about Founders' Helms since I have been asked about them when I use them.

On April 12, 2010 Spacetime Studios released another server for Pocket Legends called Fnord. They did this because they thought that one server was going to be overcrowded, which is a bit ironic if you consider their reason for getting rid of it. On May 27, 2010 STS merged the Alterra and Fnord servers to get rid of Fnord because it was not getting as much players as they expected. When they merged the servers and transferred characters from Fnord to Alterra if there was a character on Fnord who had a name of a player on Alterra they added -fnord after their name (ex if there was a character on Alterra called killer and a charcter on Fnord called killer when the servers merged the character from Fnord server become killer-fnord)

Now on to the Founders' Helms.

On April 20, 2011 STS gave the Founders' Helm to anyone who made their account in either April or May 2010. The Founders' Helm is the only vanity helm that gives stats other then +1 armor. Founders' Helm gives +5 attack and +5 armor which in low level PVP can go a long way.

Now for pictures of the 3 variations. :smile:

Archer

Enchantress

Bear, Rhino, and Fox (it looks the same on all 3)

and last but not least the stats and description

That is it, I hope you all enjoyed reading and learning about the Founder's Helm and the Fnord server. If I missed anything or if you feel like there is something I should add leave a comment or message me.

Very informative, thanks!!

Stevenmc
07-25-2013, 12:42 AM
I love being a founder!

Schnitzel
07-25-2013, 12:43 AM
Reply to Stevenmc
Same here founder rulz

Cascade
07-25-2013, 01:41 AM
I had not played for a while. Now I know why I get near daily requests to trade accounts with people because they want my founder's helm. No way, dudes!

Holy cow, Ava! It's been so long since you have been on! Good to see you again!

Avadonna
07-25-2013, 10:48 AM
Hey Cascade! It's been a couple years. I never deleted the app. Life just got in the way! I joined a guild when I came back but they have no idea how special a bird they have. ;). I'll have to catch you in game sometime. I'm only lvl 42. That's how long its been!

Cascade
07-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Hey Cascade! It's been a couple years. I never deleted the app. Life just got in the way! I joined a guild when I came back but they have no idea how special a bird they have. ;). I'll have to catch you in game sometime. I'm only lvl 42. That's how long its been!

I don't play PL anymore, but, I do play Battle Dragons (STS's new game) If you are going to play BD I can hook you up and get you in my tribe!

Avadonna
07-25-2013, 11:42 AM
I don't play PL anymore, but, I do play Battle Dragons (STS's new game) If you are going to play BD I can hook you up and get you in my tribe!

I would, but unfortunately I only have enough time to waste on one game. :D

Cascade
07-25-2013, 11:57 AM
I would, but unfortunately I only have enough time to waste on one game. :D

Haha, alright. If you ever decide to give BD a try let me know!

Avadonna
07-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Sure thing!

skrapicoco
07-25-2013, 12:40 PM
So your that guy?i saw you selling your account tho ill post screenies if i still have em,such a waste

Avadonna
07-25-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm not sure who you're referring to, but I've never tried to sell my account.

loliamsocool
07-25-2013, 01:03 PM

He is probably talking to the original poster with the pics.

skrapicoco
07-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Not you my bad XD

He is probably talking to the original poster with the pics.

Yes

Avadonna
07-25-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm a little bird brained. sorry. :)

ultimaga95
07-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Not you my bad XD

Yes

I have never tried to sell my account. I find it really stupid that people sell accounts with rare stuff like what I have on. I have had offers for my account but I would never accept any.

Avadonna
07-25-2013, 05:38 PM
Some people are down right jerks to me when I refuse to trade accounts with them. Why would I want their crappy lame Mage with a stupid name just because its a hire level than my bird?

ultimaga95
07-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Some people are down right jerks to me when I refuse to trade accounts with them. Why would I want their crappy lame Mage with a stupid name just because its a hire level than my bird?

Right, some people do not see that I find it wierd trading accounts because their account is nothing like yours, it is just different.

skrapicoco
07-25-2013, 10:10 PM
I have never tried to sell my account. I find it really stupid that people sell accounts with rare stuff like what I have on. I have had offers for my account but I would never accept any.

I saw some bear with fnord (dont wanna say complete name) last month or 2 atleast lvl 70+ ill check my screenies if i did get some

ultimaga95
07-26-2013, 03:10 AM
I saw some bear with fnord (dont wanna say complete name) last month or 2 atleast lvl 70+ ill check my screenies if i did get some

My mage is my only fnord character that I have and I never tried to sell it.

Schnitzel
07-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Anyway, back to original OP's post
Story behind -Fnord and Founders' Helms

OverkillED
08-04-2013, 01:06 PM
That's for the recognition. It's my pleasure to provide you the pictures. :)

vle_hoang
08-04-2013, 08:41 PM
About the Frozen Crown, i didnt buy any side campaign but i have it too.

ultimaga95
08-04-2013, 09:49 PM
About the Frozen Crown, i didnt buy any side campaign but i have it too.

Thats wierd.

Friuadale
01-23-2014, 12:00 AM
Do they give founders helm to android users who played in first 2 months it was on android?

Ks_Leon
01-23-2014, 12:33 AM
Do they give founders helm to android users who played in first 2 months it was on android?

no they dont.Founder are available for who create account on PL between April and May 2010.Forgot the date lol.

ultimaga95
01-23-2014, 01:14 AM
April 8th I think and May 31st, don't quote me on that.

Forty Nine
02-16-2014, 05:53 PM
The frozen crown would be ace if STS would have put stats on the helm.

But eh... Its fun to wear ^_^

ultimaga95
02-17-2014, 09:02 AM
It would have just led to more people complaining like in pvp. If you wear founder's in pvp people complain because of the stat boost.

Burstnuke
04-11-2014, 02:34 PM
Am i the only one to notice the date of frozen crown is wrong? Ultimaga it was given out 2012 March 29 Not 2011 :).

MrKrone
04-13-2014, 12:47 AM
Frozen crown was also given out if you had spent atleast $50 on your account at the time.
Edit- ignore me i made a booboo :( the $50 was for the angel gear, not ice crown.

Chopper
04-14-2014, 09:43 AM
it's funny, ive never looked into the exact reason for the Frozen Crown. It just showed up in my stash one day and I never thought much about it.
thanks

programmed
04-14-2014, 11:16 AM
it's funny, ive never looked into the exact reason for the Frozen Crown. It just showed up in my stash one day and I never thought much about it.
thanks

Same. I never cared much for it and then without realizing it I must've liquidated it because I can't find it anywhere.

ultimaga95
04-14-2014, 08:21 PM
I blame Doc's PL Timeline I got the dates off ther.

Mrmissle
10-04-2015, 11:45 AM
I can't find my founders gear , I cry Everytime