PDA

View Full Version : Okay this is a idea to help people not charge more money per hour or time it is.. !!

Gamelova
10-22-2010, 09:58 AM
A lending system!
So if a person can't afford to buy the item they would pay a very small fee ( Which the Devs Will Choose )

So if I wanted to wear a Cosmo Wand and I couldn't afford it, he or she could lend it to me for a small fee set by the devs.

The times would be:
168 Hours: 1 Week: 10k
24 Hours: 5k
6 Hours: 4k
4 Hours: 3k
2 Hours: 2k
1 Hour: 1k

Im just giving a fair amount of the prices.
REMEMBER: CHEAP RENTALS!
Note: Time will still be running even if your logged out.

REMEMBER THE RENT PRICES WILL BE SET BY DEVS
Ill start to make price suggestion

Please no super Negative feedback, let's stay jolly :D

FluffNStuff
10-22-2010, 10:20 AM
There is a problem with this, as the rarity (and prices) on new items drop quick.

Vyvin
10-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Nice idea
I would like to be lent a gurgox hammer...
/Vyvin

King Richie
10-22-2010, 10:34 AM
I don't really agree with this as then you can have top tier weapons at any moment you need for a very minimal price ... The whole idea of top tier weapos is that there hard to find :)

Gryndeon
10-22-2010, 11:03 AM
It doesn't have to be the top tier weapons. It could be twink level, for example, since not everyone has twinks, or some people have multiples of the rare lower level weapons that they may not want to sell but would be happy to loan out.

I like the general idea of the OP, although i'd also like just a loaning system that was already suggested here before, where you can let someone use your gear for a specific amount of time, after which the gear automatically goes back to you.

setec
10-22-2010, 11:31 AM
I would never rent an item. Waste of money. If I spent 1K for 1 hour, then to get my money's worth, I have to play PL for 1 hour. Sometimes I can do an hour sometimes 5 min, other times I plan for an hour and something IRL comes up.

So, I would never rent an item. Of course I did rent a costume for two weeks from the Devs. ;)

smoae
10-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Wouldnt scammers just steal the items...

setec
10-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Wouldnt scammers just steal the items...

Well, I think it would be a non-tradeable, non-selling item that expired after a certain time period and would automatically go back to the player it was rented from.

smoae
10-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Well, I think it would be a non-tradeable, non-selling item that expired after a certain time period and would automatically go back to the player it was rented from.

yeah that would be better.
think thats a little much for the servers to handle though. keep track of an item for a set ammount of time, then delete from users inventory and return to original persons inventory. i dont know how it could keep track of all that information.

setec
10-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Well, if they used the new Consignment Shop system they could do this.

Instead of selling the item, they use CS for renting it. Then it gets returned to CS and you have to visit that to get your item back.

And they already have the system for expiring items with the Halloween costumes.

Again, I wouldn't do this but I think the idea is a well thought out one.

smoae
10-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Well, if they used the new Consignment Shop system they could do this.

Instead of selling the item, they use CS for renting it. Then it gets returned to CS and you have to visit that to get your item back.

And they already have the system for expiring items with the Halloween costumes.

Again, I wouldn't do this but I think the idea is a well thought out one.

yeah the CS idea could work. people would put an item up for rent. someone rents it then its get returned back to shop. thats actually a really good idea. you should make a thread.

setec
10-22-2010, 06:39 PM
thanks. well, that might make it look like I came up with the rental idea, which I did not. Don't want to take credit if it gets implemented.

OhMyyGosh
10-22-2010, 06:51 PM
I do not agree that is cheating get it yourself, gosh

setec
10-22-2010, 06:56 PM
I do not agree that is cheating get it yourself, gosh

True, but that also means that buying an item would be cheating.

Although there is something to be said for earning a nice item yourself through loot drops, we have to recognize that there is an in game economy and soon a new consignment shoppe.

I would look at renting as a test drive of the item.

Gamelova
10-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Look it was just a idea.
I really thought this would would be a good idea since some people cant afford those high expensive items
AND IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE THE HIGHEST LVL
You could loan a lvl 16 white if you wanted..

Gamelova
10-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Plus this is the people who wanted to be nice and who want to help people out, its a freaking optional choice to help people.

smoae
10-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Plus this is the people who wanted to be nice and who want to help people out, its a freaking optional choice to help people.

i agree, its a good idea, i just think that setecs adjustment would work better. its the same basic idea, its just the loaning gos on at the soon to come consignment shop.

TwinkTastical
10-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Lending would ruin the game, no one would work for items, and everyone in pvp would 1 hit each other.

smoae
10-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Lending would ruin the game, no one would work for items, and everyone in pvp would 1 hit each other.

eh i guess you got a point. now that i think about it youre exactly right. unless there was a limit to how often you could rent an item, it would ruin it...

TwinkTastical
10-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Take for instance, Runescape, which ive quit recently. Item lending is an option, The best weapons lend for 600k p/ hr, about 100k in PL, Everyone can afford this and everyone can solo anything. Pointless. If you want to use an item for a short period of time, Ask a trusted friend.

setec
10-23-2010, 06:33 PM

Yes, BUT, people can still buy these premium items and one hit each other. So a lot of people will be buying items they didn't earn and instantly upgrade their character for better PvP. Yes, buying is more expensive but the principle is still the same. Of course, if some of these items stay near 1M gold, I guess that limits who can buy them. :)

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-23-2010, 06:43 PM
yeah its not worth it but the idea is quitew intreiguing

Gamelova
10-26-2010, 05:35 PM
I can't earn 100k a day like some people can, I barely get 5k profit each time Im on.

smoae
10-26-2010, 09:05 PM
I can't earn 100k a day like some people can, I barely get 5k profit each time Im on.

if youre level 35 or above, try farming dark forest or balefort castle. they are easy farms and its a guraenteed item for every boss/mini boss. if its not a pink, you can liquiate (usually 50-100 gold each). if you get a pink, so can sell for a LOT of cash. may seem slow but you can do like one run through in like 2 minutes, as long as you only kill bosses and sub bosses. farmed balefort castle (level: quick love) one time for an hour and i got around 100k from liqiudating and some lucky pinks :D you wont get this lucky every time but even if you dont get pinks you can probably make at least 20k off of liquidation and gold from killing bosses.

xxkilsxx
06-12-2012, 09:02 PM
are u still lending stuff out let me know if u are

Whirlzap
06-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Hi.
S> Anti-Necro Spray.
Thanks.

Delphina
06-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Please don't necro 2 year old threads. Thanks!