PDA

View Full Version : Making a level playing field

Darko
07-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Everybody is guilty of this but it easy to get quick win against someone who just started game...it's like an al being a lvl 31killing a lvl 2... there should be a level range that you can fight against...only issue is what would level be based on??? Hall level?

Szangheili
07-16-2013, 04:44 AM
I think it should be an average of everything you own, including the walls, and pair you up within the number range as a similar player.

Carapace
07-16-2013, 01:27 PM
The matchmaking does exist, however since we are in the early release / beta there are a coupe of rules that are forcing these sorts of matches to feel a bit too common. The biggest one is that you cannot fight people in your tribe, and you cannot fight people who are currently online working on their base. As this is a limited beta release at the moment the number of people the matchmaking has to choose from is smaller than when it will be at full launch, but is growing daily.

You should see this problem iron itself naturally as we get closer to launching the game. Thanks for the feedback!

Evl1312
07-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Yea when we are on full steam and the matchmaking is better it should be beter at not giving you newbies

Darko
07-17-2013, 10:20 AM
The matchmaking does exist, however since we are in the early release / beta there are a coupe of rules that are forcing these sorts of matches to feel a bit too common. The biggest one is that you cannot fight people in your tribe, and you cannot fight people who are currently online working on their base. As this is a limited beta release at the moment the number of people the matchmaking has to choose from is smaller than when it will be at full launch, but is growing daily.

You should see this problem iron itself naturally as we get closer to launching the game. Thanks for the feedback!

I do like the idea that you pay more as your higher level to pick a match, I'm now paying 400 gold to skip match...so it deteres people from looking for a noob to farm...

Rare
07-18-2013, 07:37 AM

So what are the matchmaking rules? Or what are they intended to be when the game is released?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Valsacar
07-21-2013, 05:21 PM
I do like the idea that you pay more as your higher level to pick a match, I'm now paying 400 gold to skip match...so it deteres people from looking for a noob to farm...

Looking for a noob to farm... I spent 40k looking for someone NOT a noob.

Rare
07-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Looking for a noob to farm... I spent 40k looking for someone NOT a noob.

I feel you. Spend a lot of money trying to find people to play. I know they're out there. I can see them in other tribes.

The problem is, I get a match and its against a LV6 or 7 (I'm level 4) or against a bunch of LV2-3s. So I have to go next next next. Then, when I run out of gold, I have to start over from the beginning of that list.

I think this matchmaking has to place more weight on dragon hall level when determining matchups. I like the occasional attack against a lvl 5 or 6. But come on. For the last few days my first matchups are always:

Justg, Cinco, Darkfader, Darkko, Gameplay, etc.

Those guys are way out of my league right nwow.

Darko
07-23-2013, 12:31 PM
I get same thing my first match is always yuletide...sorry nobody can beat him...than darkfader, cinco, justg,thor, drago, etc....I can attavked them but that would require everything I got all at once... sometimes I wanna pvp with an arny of 40-50and try different groups out and juat want a semi normal base like a finmann....it sucks having to waste 2-3k gold to get good match up. ...ib think a pvp room wpuld be awesome...a group of 8...tourney style (troops stay until tourbey is over.