PDA

View Full Version : Endgame as a poor sorcerer.

Trenton
07-15-2013, 05:33 PM
I know none of these should mix; yet this is what I am ._. I just had a few questions, as to what's going on.

1) Is it worth it to pvp if I have no mythics?
I've realized that if you don't have mythics, you won't do anything. All I've been able to do is ks, my KD is somewhat like 7-35 just because everyone with mythics is farming me.

2) How do sorcerers really do?
I figured it would be better at endgame, but I'm not sure, since I'm not with the program of being rich. I've seen some good sorcerers, but they all have mythics.

3) Will I EVER be good against mythic users?
I know this is more of a "practice makes perfect" type of thing, but in reality, do I have ANY chance against mythics?

4) What's up with 1 hit KO from rogues?
Are rogues THAT op? I joined, I used pet, shield, and trying to use fireball, they used AS and killed me. I have around 2300 health, I didn't figure a rogue could hit around there. Maybe I'm just, like I said, "not with the program." ._.

Thanks guys and gals ^_^

Cero
07-15-2013, 05:56 PM
it is possible for none mythic sorc to kill others. All you need is Curse skill, High Str and High HP.
As what everyone knows Curse works like Alpha Wolf that reflects dmg. You just cast them with curse and watch them die (well ofc you also need to attack to make it faster)

- Aim for 150+ str
- Atleast 2.8k HP , more would be better.

Stats? go full int.

Gears?
champ/noble of will.
Str Int dmg - epic ringslvl31 ( int must be the main stats)
borean gun

----if you're already using security set, switch the epic rings for Str base-----

Skills?
fireball 4/5
curse 5/5
shield 4/5
heal 2/5

Int Str Dex

------------

this is what i use on my mage, except for having mythic gun.

Spyce
07-15-2013, 06:03 PM
Mythics >Everything.

Trenton
07-15-2013, 09:36 PM
it is possible for none mythic sorc to kill others. All you need is Curse skill, High Str and High HP.
As what everyone knows Curse works like Alpha Wolf that reflects dmg. You just cast them with curse and watch them die (well ofc you also need to attack to make it faster)

- Aim for 150+ str

Stats? go full int.

Gears?
champ/noble of will.
borean gun

----if you're already using security set, switch the epic rings for Str base-----

Skills?
fireball 4/5
curse 5/5
shield 4/5
heal 2/5

Int Str Dex

------------

this is what i use on my mage, except for having mythic gun. Thanks, this helps alot ^_^

Trenton
07-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Mythics >Everything. This isn't relatively helpful, if you want to post boost THAT bad, go to the crafting section in PL, OR for once, try posting something helpful.

And, Arcanes are better/rarer/more expensive than mythics.

Kraze
07-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Eh I just go all Leroy Jenkins and hope for the best....normally ends with me dead and my team angry but hey least I got fried chicken

IronMonkey
07-15-2013, 09:50 PM
I'll take Cero's comment, he's been there.

On the other hand, I sometimes see lots of mage on all mythic glory who arent active on pvp.

Robhawk
07-16-2013, 06:20 AM

The problem i have with curse is the 15sec cooldown...

For 1 time curse i can fire 5 Lightnings with a max of 5*729dmg WITHOUT a crit...
So with the right pet f.e. Clyde (for crit) or even Ribbit the chance to get at least 1 crit out of this 5 is really high and then you have 4*~729dmg and 1 crit with f.e. 1800dmg. So there is a 4700dmg in the time for ONE curse! if you use Ribbit u can get at least 2 crits out of 5...then your doin nearly 6k damage...

matanofx
07-16-2013, 07:23 AM
Pretty much what cero said covers it

Go full 5/5 passive intelligence/might/agility you need all for max hp close to max dmg
I just recently (since last crate event) started using mythic items but even before that i was killing more than i got killed, just group up with the right people and if you get farmed leave the room.

good luck =]

Cero
07-16-2013, 07:24 AM
yep. lightning does more total dmg over time if you have the mythic gears and i know you have the mythic gun to do such dmg.
But the Topic Starter said to pvp without any mythic, to pvp as a poor sorc.

Also i noticed that curse can kill 3players in one cast. Lightning cant do that:P

add:
curse also returns critical dmg and DoT.

trust me 15secs CD seems long but its worth the wait. when i was doing it i could kill 3(rogues/mages) PvP in one cast plus a Lucky KS that makes 4kills in one go.

chitgoks
07-16-2013, 07:32 AM

- Aim for 150+ str

Stats? go full int.

Gears?
champ/noble of will.
borean gun

Skills?
fireball 4/5
curse 5/5
shield 4/5
heal 2/5

Int Str Dex

------------

this is what i use on my mage, except for having mythic gun.

really.. didnt know curse works like that. looks very useful. but question. does that work against bosses? would be nice to reflect those 1ko hits on us back to them

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Cero
07-16-2013, 07:43 AM
sorry i rarely do pve/elites to use curse.
also skills might not work the same for pvp and pve.

like timeshift root, they remove the root effect. So theres a huge chance that devs.nerfs the reflect dmg from curse.

Alhuntrazeck
07-16-2013, 08:29 AM
tell u wat hit me up ingame and I'll show u how I survive as a nonmythic mage with a (current) budget of 100k :)

Sent using clouds on a light blue sky.

Soundlesskill
07-16-2013, 08:42 AM
tell u wat hit me up ingame and I'll show u how I survive as a nonmythic mage with a (current) budget of 100k :)

He's got da poooower!

Alhuntrazeck
07-16-2013, 09:09 AM
He's got da poooower!

Hey wuts ur new ign? Add me plz

keikali
07-16-2013, 09:47 AM
Came in to post what Cero posted.

He gave me advice on my mage when I wanted to try something new and also NON-MYTHIC. You should see how fast a Mythic Rogue dies when they crit themselves with AS. :D

Alhuntrazeck
07-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Hey wuts ur new ign? Add me plz

Nvm friended u.
@keik, curse is useful? Would it be worth making it another skill for me come next expansion and bring my total up to 6? Would it be worth sacrificing lightning for????

Roberto077
07-17-2013, 11:18 PM
This isn't relatively helpful, if you want to post boost THAT bad, go to the crafting section in PL, OR for once, try posting something helpful.

And, Arcanes are better/rarer/more expensive than mythics.

True that. Maul = auto-gg

zwapper
07-19-2013, 02:15 PM
im using fire, light, curse and shield. and if there is warrior. i shift my shield with heal in a mid fight.

Zeus
08-22-2013, 08:34 PM
The problem i have with curse is the 15sec cooldown...

For 1 time curse i can fire 5 Lightnings with a max of 5*729dmg WITHOUT a crit...
So with the right pet f.e. Clyde (for crit) or even Ribbit the chance to get at least 1 crit out of this 5 is really high and then you have 4*~729dmg and 1 crit with f.e. 1800dmg. So there is a 4700dmg in the time for ONE curse! if you use Ribbit u can get at least 2 crits out of 5...then your doin nearly 6k damage...

If you can survive long enough to use 5 Lightnings...

Bless
08-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Dat necro

Alhuntrazeck
08-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Lol cant believe I used to use a tapatalk sig...smh