PDA

View Full Version : Kraken Just Got Stronger?

Temarichan
07-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Did the Kraken Isles get a little bit tougher? I helped my friend get through the campaign today and I seemed either die or got close to dying each area. Used many potions today. It happened before, but I merely pushed the thought away. All my gears are equipped to perfection. I never had trouble with BloodHammer before. It took me less then 3 min to defeat him. But today and other times since the updates, it takes me more then 10 minutes to defeat him and other kraken bosses, with additional dying on the side. Concerned, I asked my guild, several of them experienced this as well.

What in the name of Uller is going on xD

Glitch? STS doing? Or is it just me?

Rajnikanth
07-15-2013, 11:50 PM
ofcourse.
at lvl31(you) ,one can find very tough. why?
as we know at lvl31 one can use 4/5mythic with arcane weap or 5/5mythic.
now d boss/enemy is lvled in such way tht those guys who wears mythic cant kill easily. they can.b still killed by.boss if nt ready.

that is y even wearing full top shelf pinks, boss will b still tough especially at lvl31.

upto season3 it was not tough bt atm it is very tough. u cant even solo maneater ROFL

Temarichan
07-15-2013, 11:59 PM
That...doesn't make sense. Were talking kraken here. Not Nordr. So your saying Lord Mandrom will become more difficult to everyone level 31 as the season goes on. Lol so what's going to happen to the lower level people?

Btw I solod Maneater

And the Nordr campaign with my Mage solo.

Rajnikanth
07-16-2013, 12:10 AM
That...doesn't make sense. Were talking kraken here. Not Nordr. So your saying Lord Mandrom will become more difficult to everyone level 31 as the season goes on. Lol so what's going to happen to the lower level people?

Btw I solod Maneater

And the Nordr campaign with my Mage solo.

no. i was talking about kraken.boss.
last line was offtopic.

everyone can solo when one can tap pots.
for me, m bit conservative. i dnt buy mch pots neither i m a pot spammer.
i meant to say that earlier(upto season 3) it was easy to kill boss at cap lvl without spammimg pots.
for example: soloing bael at lvl16, madron at lvl21 bt now kralen nd nodr r tough for those wearing top shelf pinks.(even me, i dnt hav single mythic)
my war use champion will set nd storm sword nd m still finding hard (i hav to spam atleast 4-6pots) soloing any boss in kraken nd nodr only.

LOL i still cant believe it i just bought pots costing total for almost 10k gold in this season to do all nodr quest.
just ROFL.

Temarichan
07-16-2013, 12:18 AM
Okay. Lemme get this straight.....

This isn't a gear or level issue, i think its a glitch issue.

I've randomly soloed kraken HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS OF TIMES each level.

Ive never had this Kraken area this hard before. Is all I'm talking about.

I'm pointing out the fact that Kraken seems to have a few glitches now due to the update. I see blue explosion barrels. Because Bael arrives at some of the kraken areas, they tweaked it a little. A little tweak can create glitches.

Temarichan
07-16-2013, 12:20 AM
And I say this: my guild thinks something is wrong is well with the Kraken Isles these past few days. One team had to invite another lvl 31 in order to beat BloodHammer when a lvl 31 warrior could easily kill him. (Dont doubt that, I have a lvl 31 warrior with best gear and weapon). Even people who don't know me whom was invited by my friend asked me: "why is kraken so hard these days?"

Rajnikanth
07-16-2013, 12:33 AM
And I say this: my guild thinks something is wrong is well with the Kraken Isles these past few days. One team had to invite another lvl 31 in order to beat BloodHammer when a lvl 31 warrior could easily kill him. (Dont doubt that, I have a lvl 31 warrior with best gear and weapon). Even people who don't know me whom was invited by my friend asked me: "why is kraken so hard these days?"

no evem tho m lvl31war with decent pink gear i cannot kill hammer easily.
i think one needs mythic set.

lol d reason normal ppl getting hard becoz of his cannon atack.
when it hits it steals hp nd regen himself.
so it is impossible to kill if he keeps regening hp LOL

Zanpakuto
07-16-2013, 12:34 AM
I thought I was the only one! I've felt that the normal maps I'm taking more damage than before.

Temarichan
07-16-2013, 12:42 AM
Okay your not getting my point lol. I can beat him without my Entangled Bow. I can kill him with....Heartseekers' Incandsent! Lifetheifs! Whatever. I'm sorry, but you obviously haven't done many kraken solos. I could beat him by just staying in one spot in the sand where he is. I'm a rogue too. Medium health and armor.

Okay that statement: "You need mythic armor to beat him?" you kidding me? So those hundred and thousands of people without mythic items can't beat him. I'll take note of that. :/

Temarichan
07-16-2013, 12:46 AM
So.... Basically your saying:

Since I have no mythic set which means I cannot beat kraken, which also sums up to the fact that I'm still in Yrda Forest battling....normal Bael. I'm also stuck in Travelers Outpost and Kragg right now because I have no mythic armor to kill BloodHammer.

You serious? Please read my forum info above, caarreefulllyyyyy

Ebezaanec
07-16-2013, 02:43 AM
I never really paid attention to it, but it does appear that Kraken has gotten more difficult. It seems that by fixing one issue, they unintentionally created more (if this a glitch).

Maybe we can get some dev clarification on this... Let them shed some light on it.

IronMonkey
07-16-2013, 03:06 AM
Oh, is that so? I need to cover my squishy butt with a harder armor then.

I believe STS intentionally did this, with the introduction of Bael II, players are mostly farming him now. Previously, these maps are like a walk in the park, only the bosses are hard (and some would argue that bosses then are easier). To make this map more competitive, so they upped the difficulty some more.

If their plan is to entirely remove the elite maps, I think this current situation of making the normal maps a bit harder than before is a better alternative than the elite maps.

matanofx
07-16-2013, 04:31 AM
Here i am thinking you were talking about elite kraken the entire time.

If they made kraken and nordr harder its only cause of elite bael boss, is he gonna stick around? i hope so if the balance is right.

Orageunas
07-16-2013, 05:17 AM
That maybe happened cos they slightly inceased new bael...

Kuazzae
07-16-2013, 07:36 AM
This makes sense... i was thinking why is Captain bluecrab and the mobs at skull cove were taking more time then usual, i double check to see if i had my luck pendent... because i was losing more health then usual...

keikali
07-16-2013, 07:58 AM
I believe that they scaled it to level basically because of Elite Bael. Basically capped players would have to WORK to get him to spawn rather than avoid or just literally annihilate easy non-scaled mobs.

I have noticed this once Bael was announced and released.

Alhuntrazeck
07-16-2013, 08:26 AM
I KNEW there was something wrong! Its prolly the intro of bael, the maps would be too easy otherwise.?

Sent using clouds on a light blue sky.

Alrisaia
07-16-2013, 08:48 AM
Did the Kraken Isles get a little bit tougher? I helped my friend get through the campaign today and I seemed either die or got close to dying each area. Used many potions today. It happened before, but I merely pushed the thought away. All my gears are equipped to perfection. I never had trouble with BloodHammer before. It took me less then 3 min to defeat him. But today and other times since the updates, it takes me more then 10 minutes to defeat him and other kraken bosses, with additional dying on the side. Concerned, I asked my guild, several of them experienced this as well.

What in the name of Uller is going on xD

Glitch? STS doing? Or is it just me?

Maybe you were wearing your luck amulet? :)

Zanpakuto
07-16-2013, 09:03 AM
Maybe you were wearing your luck amulet? :)

No, I was actually wearing my best gear for both my warrior and my rogue. I mainly do the monkey ball run daily and after the last update, I've been taking more damage and mobs are harder to kill solo. At anyrate, if this is the level of difficulty the elite maps will become later on, I'm loving it cuz of the solo'bility. Current elite maps are just a waste of time.

CrushOverride
07-16-2013, 09:36 AM
It was probably another mess up by STS, when they raised bael 2 ferocity they probably tweaked the other bosses by mistake.

keikali
07-16-2013, 09:56 AM
It was probably another mess up by STS, when they raised bael 2 ferocity they probably tweaked the other bosses by mistake.

No. Once Bael was introduced for the first time, it changed the mobs to scale with level and I believe the Devs intended for this to happen.

This prevents really quick heavy farming where trash mobs can EASILY be one shot and killed without work if it didn't scale and then Bael would appear.

Temarichan
07-16-2013, 11:18 AM
No I was not wearing my luck amulet, I checked at least 10 times to see if I'm not wearing like....glephnir or something.

But it does make sense they they would scale up because of the new elite Bael.

But if that's true, then what's going to happen to the lower level players who want to get past the campaign? It's not exactly fair to them that they have to use extra potions to get through it. :/ seemingly, they wouldn't be able to get through without a higher level player or two with them.

keikali
07-16-2013, 12:16 PM
No I was not wearing my luck amulet, I checked at least 10 times to see if I'm not wearing like....glephnir or something.

But it does make sense they they would scale up because of the new elite Bael.

But if that's true, then what's going to happen to the lower level players who want to get past the campaign? It's not exactly fair to them that they have to use extra potions to get through it. :/ seemingly, they wouldn't be able to get through without a higher level player or two with them.

Tem, I believe a Dev confirmed that his "aggro" radius is small enough for low level players to past right through him and on to Bloodhammer.

Chauakai
07-16-2013, 01:53 PM
Hey Tem! I agree with you. Since Bael 2 release I feel that Kraken has gotten a little bit harder. I was wondering if it was me.

dirtymageic
07-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Something I especially noticed this morning is its seems mines got a bit harder as well

Kuazzae
07-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Well guess we were all wondering the same thing... lol thanks Temarichan =)

Temarichan
07-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Thanks guys. So far I have a rough image of what's kinda going on in kraken. But I'd like to have some solid info about it...

Guess I'll just...stick to mt. Spyr runs. ATM. :) lol

If a Dev could just explain the situation ^^