PDA

View Full Version : lagging with skills, specifically bear stomp and mage firestorm

Gaabob
10-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Recently I have been noticing that after a short time playing and spamming skills that they get uber lagged out. Sometimes it takes multiple smacks of the screen for them to work. Also in situations with a lot of enemies and skills going off the bear skill stomp and mage skill firestorm is rendered useless. You can fire them off, but only maybe 35% of the time will it have any effect on enemies.

Another technical issue is the emote action menu. (I haven't payed for any-just have the first row) It is very difficult to make these work, usually taking very precise finger jabs; would be nice if they could be made more operable (as easy as skills are when not lagged ;) ). I noticed in a previous update (idk which one) it said that skills were made "easier to use for people with big fingers"- the same would be nice of the emote actions.

asommers
10-22-2010, 03:39 PM
There's a throttle to prevent users from spamming "commands" (skills/emotes/chat/etc). Unfortunately, there's no feedback if your command was denied due to spamming.

As far as its effect, firestorm and stomp work by finding an enemy target, and then doing an aoe around that target. 1.5 will fix this to do the aoe around the caster.

-ALS

Gaabob
10-22-2010, 03:48 PM
So what are mages supposed to do? They can't survive enemy hits.. so they don't have the time to be waiting for commands to register, meaning they need their skills (skills being the whole point of a mage) to survive- killing stuff as fast as possible, and buff/debuffing as fast as possible to survive. Is it just best to tell everyone not to do very many skills, so that when the vital moment comes everyone can get in the debuff or the mage his heal?

asommers
10-22-2010, 04:21 PM
We have several different throttle lengths depending on the system and have optimized gameplay accordingly. You should never see the skills throttle because all skills cooldowns are longer than the throttle time. You will, however, see the potion/chat/emote throttles though if you try to tap them quickly.

-ALS

Vyvin
10-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Introducing...
Standard Definition
High Definition
Should be implemented...
/Vyvin

Gaabob
10-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Lol I'm not sure we are talking about exactly the same thing? I was saying that skills get lagged out (common explanation being crappy wifi/AT&T technology, which is most likely the case) and emote actions barely even working at all- and the sensitivity is horrible. I don't think the "throttle" is entirely connected to that. It could be that the throttle gets glitched due to connection- perhaps something to look into?