PDA

View Full Version : My next TOURNAMENT idea for END GAME - need feedback

XghostzX
07-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Hey Everyone

For my next tournament Idea, I was thinking of holding either an all class 1/1 tournament (there would be several competitors, it would be sweet!) OR a 2v2 CTF tournament.

However, we would NOT be using our typical end game gear. Why is this? It's obvious - to avoid 1 shot kills!

After doing several testing, I came to the conclusion that using level 50 gear is the most balanced for ALL classes to use. No vanities would be allowed in the tournaments to assure that players use level 50 gear. So here are my questions for you guys to answer:

1.) If we used low level gear in order to balance out every class, what kind of tournament would you want? A 1v1 all class tournament (I'm thinking around 32-64 competitors), or a 2v2 CTF tournament at Rockwall forts (where you can choose any partner).

Thanks in advance!

Caiahar
07-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Good idea!
Now if only IShadowstar was 1 more lvl :(
I haz void
But anyway, its a really good idea!

XghostzX
07-16-2013, 09:32 AM
Good idea!
Now if only IShadowstar was 1 more lvl :(
I haz void
But anyway, its a really good idea!

Because we're using low level gear, I think I would permit levels 71-76. But that's a maybe, you should try to level up.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Spyce
07-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Naked lvl 76s!

Caiahar
07-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Naked lvl 76s!
Im thinking that would be one shottish too..

XghostzX
07-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Naked lvl 76s!
Im thinking that would be one shottish too..

No, it would just mean if you had a 1/1 contest, players would have to continuously rejoin the game due to lak of mana. Same goes for ctf, people would make it to the flag room with hardly any mana, then die. Gear is needed to a certain extent.

Reunegade
07-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Can we use no buffs? If so, then I must level my main to 71 then ;) And no elite rings please!

Cheenivie
07-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Id like a 2v2ctf in 50 gear sounds fun:D

Hahahahabirdy
07-16-2013, 11:10 AM
1v1 all class, never been held (?) in endgame!

Cheenivie
07-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Nice sig haha:P But 1v1 all class sounds fun too I forgot we r using 50 gear;) if it goes and just wondering will we need to use class specific gear?

CrimsonTider
07-16-2013, 11:37 AM
As stated before, 50 or Sewer gear has most balance. However, with level 9 skills, the low armor of these sets will probably still bring about one-shotting. (I'm still wanting to see an all Cyber tourney. :)) May have to ban all vanities (including elite rings) to help balance things as well.

I will help you get this out/organized, Will.

Randomguy
07-16-2013, 11:39 AM
finally no endgame gear, i'll join if so

Sryyoulose
07-16-2013, 11:43 AM
All cyber or AO gear sounds good, but skills still op:(

Spectre
07-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Awesome idea! Im in!

Zapoke
07-16-2013, 12:32 PM
I would join this. :3

2v2 CTF would be more fun, but trying to get 4 people on at one time could lead to an extremely long tournament..

Onagiabef
07-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Ooooh sounds fun. I'm in. But what happened to the other tournament? Was a winner ever declared?

XghostzX
07-16-2013, 01:06 PM
After some more testing, I decided that a 2/2 ctf tourney would be best. As Crimsontide stated already, our skill levels ranked at 9 still make the damage output relatively high. It definitely is more fun/fair to some extent, but a 1/1 would still be unfair for different classes.

I'm really going for level 50 gear (cyber or any other gear you want). No vanities or elite rings - you can use any other ring you want though. Founder's are not allowed.
The only reason I say no vanities is to assure nobody is hiding certain gear that may be a higher level than 50 (which would result in a DQ).

Edit: I also leave for a soccer camp Thursday, and won't be back until Sunday. I'll be making the tournament Sunday afternoon, as that is a good time to find people an make them aware of the tourney.

Also with prizes, I'm very short on gold and dev prizes are a NO. They haven't contributed to tournaments i the past, and I hate having to make the "I can't promise you, but I'll try to get a dev prize" statement. Donations would be gladly accepted.

I'm also unsure if I should make 100k entries or so. This way people will want to stick through the tournament, and there will be a guaranteed prize.

Thanks.

Cheenivie
07-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Dang is there a way I can sign up earlier cause I'm going on vacation for a week Saturday and I'm not bringing any electronic devices:/ Anyway I'll talk to you ig to see:)

XghostzX
07-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Dang is there a way I can sign up earlier cause I'm going on vacation for a week Saturday and I'm not bringing any electronic devices:/ Anyway I'll talk to you ig to see:)

I can probably save you a spot. Shadow sets will be available as well.

Reunegade
07-16-2013, 04:31 PM
After some more testing, I decided that a 2/2 ctf tourney would be best. As Crimsontide stated already, our skill levels ranked at 9 still make the damage output relatively high. It definitely is more fun/fair to some extent, but a 1/1 would still be unfair for different classes.

I'm really going for level 50 gear (cyber or any other gear you want). No vanities or elite rings - you can use any other ring you want though. Founder's are not allowed.
The only reason I say no vanities is to assure nobody is hiding certain gear that may be a higher level than 50 (which would result in a DQ).

Edit: I also leave for a soccer camp Thursday, and won't be back until Sunday. I'll be making the tournament Sunday afternoon, as that is a good time to find people an make them aware of the tourney.

Also with prizes, I'm very short on gold and dev prizes are a NO. They haven't contributed to tournaments i the past, and I hate having to make the "I can't promise you, but I'll try to get a dev prize" statement. Donations would be gladly accepted.

I'm also unsure if I should make 100k entries or so. This way people will want to stick through the tournament, and there will be a guaranteed prize.

Thanks.
Dang 100k entry...i'm out, sorry :/

XghostzX
07-16-2013, 04:33 PM

Chill, I said it was a maybe. Otherwise don't expect any prizes if there are no entries.

Bunifa Jackson
07-16-2013, 04:33 PM

Thought u were rich honey. "sarcasm"

Sryyoulose
07-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Maybe it's a 50k entry fee for 64 people tournament and a 100k entry for 32 people...

dudetus
07-16-2013, 04:43 PM
Are gears class limited?

AfaIk, dexmages wreck anything at lvl 50.

XghostzX
07-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Ninja, it's class specific gear. A mage can't equip dex gear.

Also Sryyoulose, 64 people is a ton. That's maybe ideal for a large 1v1 tournament, but would take much too long for a 2v2 tournament. Scheduling is the only thing I ever get worried about in a tournament.

CrimsonTider
07-16-2013, 04:50 PM

As much as you buy and sell and you don't have 100k? There was a time when tourneys had entry fee's and for the exact reasons Will stated.

Once you determine field size, I will donate prize money.

Cavoc
07-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Does this mean no dragon rings either? No way of really seeing if people are using those.

Deathofan
07-16-2013, 05:41 PM
I think it should be L50's only, i have several reasons as to why. First, Lv9 skills ruin it already, specially the buffs part. Second, all of those 300 attribute points benefit the mage the most, if you don't believe me grab a l76 pure int mage and wear a cyber/shadow wand set and compare it to a l76 pure bird wearing cyber/death set and see which one is affected the most on skill damage, mostly because birds skill dmg is defined by the weapon/gear you're wearing and mages from all of the int points. I think it would be nice for it to be hosted at L50 with class specific gear only, that way you don't have to worry about vanities and/or shotgun mages. Besides, i think almost everyone has a L50 Character from the ctf games micah was hosting.

CrimsonTider
07-16-2013, 05:45 PM
I think it should be L50's only, i have several reasons as to why. First, Lv9 skills ruin it already, specially the buffs part. Second, all of those 300 attribute points benefit the mage the most, if you don't believe me grab a l76 pure int mage and wear a cyber/shadow wand set and compare it to a l76 pure bird wearing cyber/death set and see which one is affected the most on skill damage, mostly because birds skill dmg is defined by the weapon/gear you're wearing and mages from all of the int points. I think it would be nice for it to be hosted at L50 with class specific gear only, that way you don't have to worry about vanities and/or shotgun mages. Besides, i think almost everyone has a L50 Character from the ctf games micah was hosting.

You compared Cyber, but did you look at AO3 and Shadow Cave sets as well? Also, he has already said that gear will be class specific.

Zapoke
07-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Ninja, it's class specific gear. A mage can't equip dex gear.

Man, and here I was going to use a bear.

I just don't get why everyone is convinced shotgun mages are OP.. they're only really good against dodge. The set does just as well as a shadow wand set otherwise. :s

billybob1
07-16-2013, 06:03 PM
As much as you buy and sell and you don't have 100k? There was a time when tourneys had entry fee's and for the exact reasons Will stated.

Once you determine field size, I will donate prize money.

me too...n maybe a shotty set if u get it goin

XghostzX
07-16-2013, 08:17 PM

No I do not have a level 50. Besides, my goal is to give end gamers something to look forward with everything be a mess already.

Entertaining
07-17-2013, 12:01 AM
I was thinking..why not have the matches done at burning flats?...not that it is a big deal where matches are played, but i don't recall ever seeing a tourney played there O.o

Faliziaga
07-17-2013, 03:14 AM
Would it be 100k per team or per person?

XghostzX
07-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Would it be 100k per team or per person?

Not sure yet.

Is 100k too much to ask for from each individual player?

CrimsonTider
07-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Not sure yet.

Is 100k too much to ask for from each individual player?

Not for end-game PvPer's.

Cheenivie
07-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Will 100k is nothing for many endgamers... u can charge that much and as many ppl will enter

billybob1
07-17-2013, 11:16 AM
do it

cmon....do it

just do it

XghostzX
07-17-2013, 12:03 PM

Then it looks like I'll charge each individual player 100k.

16 or 32 teams?

I think I'll start off with 16 teams, and if more people decide to join, I'll open it up to 32.

Argyros
07-17-2013, 12:15 PM

16 or 32 teams?

I think I'll start off with 16 teams, and if more people decide to join, I'll open it up to 32.
So we are looking at endgame (l75-76) tourny with using l50 gear? Go for it.

XghostzX
07-17-2013, 01:24 PM
So we are looking at endgame (l75-76) tourny with using l50 gear? Go for it.

Yep :)

Cheenivie
07-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Woot excited to try something new :D

Caiahar
07-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Looks like I'm out, cuz I can't lvl to 75 without elixir (yes, I'm lazy :) )

XghostzX
07-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Sweet, thanks guys. I'll be posting up the tournament Sunday afternoon!

Ks_Leon
07-17-2013, 07:17 PM
yosh iam in if i got time to play lol

ThePvpTwink
07-17-2013, 08:07 PM

16 or 32 teams?

100k entry fee and class specific gear...>_>

That's a lot of gold and I'd have to level my bird for this..

Zapoke
07-17-2013, 08:30 PM

16 or 32 teams?

100k entry fee and class specific gear...>_>

That's a lot of gold and I'd have to level my bird for this..

Psh, if you're at endgame, you're expected to have money to spare (common misconceptions.. #threeendgametoonsandcantaffordafullset ._.).
Anyway. There's always Void/Cyber.. Right?

Redtank
07-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Ill make a donation when it's over for the winner to get lv71 sharp/wand set, lv63 Lilith set no/armor or helm I forget

If that's good

ThePvpTwink
07-17-2013, 08:41 PM
Psh, if you're at endgame, you're expected to have money to spare (common misconceptions.. #threeendgametoonsandcantaffordafullset ._.).
That's the thing. I have three endgame toons geared which is where my money went to :p

I can afford it just 100k to enter a tourney seems a bit high to me. 50k is more reasonable considering there will be so many people

Zapoke
07-17-2013, 08:46 PM
That's the thing. I have three endgame toons geared which is where my money went to :p

I can afford it just 100k to enter a tourney seems a bit high to me. 50k is more reasonable considering there will be so many people

Yeah, my money is in twinking. Well.. Was. Now I have no money! (:

And yes, 100k seems steep to me as well. Ah well.

CrimsonTider
07-17-2013, 09:50 PM
For those who say they don't have 100k gold, please don't take this the wrong way, but really? I could understand if this were one of the other STS games, but 100k is very simple to make in PL. You can make that much in 1-2 hours of Dragon farming through liquidating all of the drops. Plasma Pyramid still yields 3-5k per run. And if 50k is NOT a lot, how is 100k that much greater?

The real problem we have here is commitment. Many tournaments either fail, or take forever to complete, because there is no sense of urgency or commitment. Putting an entry fee down makes players keep up with what is going on because they have something invested.

Zapoke
07-17-2013, 10:26 PM
For those who say they don't have 100k gold, please don't take this the wrong way, but really? I could understand if this were one of the other STS games, but 100k is very simple to make in PL. You can make that much in 1-2 hours of Dragon farming through liquidating all of the drops. Plasma Pyramid still yields 3-5k per run. And if 50k is NOT a lot, how is 100k that much greater?

The real problem we have here is commitment. Many tournaments either fail, or take forever to complete, because there is no sense of urgency or commitment. Putting an entry fee down makes players keep up with what is going on because they have something invested.

Oh, I have 100k to spare. It just makes me think twice about entering when I know that I won't win. It's literally like throwing away 100k for me. I didn't say 50k made me feel much better, but something about half of the original price is more compelling than the full amount. ;)

Cheenivie
07-18-2013, 07:31 AM
Do you guys not have 1 item that you dont need that you can get around 100k out of it? That would really suprise me...

CrimsonTider
07-18-2013, 08:50 AM
Oh, I have 100k to spare. It just makes me think twice about entering when I know that I won't win. It's literally like throwing away 100k for me. I didn't say 50k made me feel much better, but something about half of the original price is more compelling than the full amount. ;)

It was actually TMT who was mentioning "50k" being a big difference as far as cost. As far as "chances" go, you never really know how these things will turn out. People quit, get banned, have bad luck (what this game is based on), and so on. I am probably going to join, and I have never done well in a tourney, let alone CTF tourneys.

The way I look at it is this:

We may not see another update in PL. If something doesn't happen soon, many of us will leave STS. I can't take my gold with me, so why not have fun with it? After all, we do play a game. Wait til you see the prize money. ;)

Onagiabef
07-18-2013, 01:26 PM
We just did a ctf with 50 gear with the rules in place. It was super fun. Worth the 100k I say. Cause u never know if your gonna win. No one was really op. not many one shot kills. Plus this is just play money not real lol

Multibird
07-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Gear class specific?

CrimsonTider
07-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Gear class specific?

Read the thread in it's entirety. Your answer lies within.

Zapoke
07-18-2013, 05:47 PM
The way I look at it is this:

We may not see another update in PL. If something doesn't happen soon, many of us will leave STS. I can't take my gold with me, so why not have fun with it? After all, we do play a game. Wait til you see the prize money. ;)

Yeah, maybe. But every time I try to quit this game, I'm back within half a year, because I get bored of MMOs quickly, and this one is easy to jump back into. Sigh. Even so, I probably will still join, if I can even find a partner. If I can't, well. No worries, I'll just not lose any money. :)

Deathofan
07-18-2013, 10:51 PM
Are we going to be able to wear elite rings? Since cyber sets have the same sparkles as the 2nd elite piece ring...

XghostzX
07-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Are we going to be able to wear elite rings? Since cyber sets have the same sparkles as the 2nd elite piece ring...

No elite rings!

Cheenivie
07-19-2013, 09:16 AM
I just hope everyone will be honest then...

3picmarc
07-19-2013, 09:59 AM
What will be the date of the tournament? Me and cold plan on being a team

CrimsonTider
07-19-2013, 10:07 AM
I just hope everyone will be honest then...

Sparkles from the elite rings are easily recognizable. Shouldn't be too hard to tell especially when sparkles from level 50 sets are very distinguishable.

Crashy
07-22-2013, 11:32 AM
And what's if someone got a dragon ring.
That's u can't c

CrimsonTider
07-22-2013, 11:34 AM
And what's if someone got a dragon ring.
That's u can't c

Most, if not all end-gamers have a dragon ring.

McMaximusMax
07-22-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm in