PDA

View Full Version : Something has changed.....

Energizeric
07-16-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm not sure what it is, but something has changed in PvP with regard to warriors in the past few days. They hit much harder than they did.

For the past month or two, I never had any problems with warriors. Yes, I could be beat by a warrior 1 on 1, but I could also beat many warriors. For a warrior to beat me it took quite some time as they didn't hit very hard.

Now I'm having an issue where warriors kill me in 2-3 hits very quickly. I haven't changed anything about my build. I'm an end game full mythic sorcerer with 2900 health and always have my shield up, yet 2-3 hits from most end game mythic warriors and my shield is broken and I'm dead. And when there are 2 warriors on a team, it doesn't matter if it's 4 on the other team vs. 2 warriors, the 2 warriors are winning the battle every time.

The result of this is my KDR in TDM had been about 3/1, but over the past few days it's about 1/3. I don't even think I'm very good anymore, but I haven't changed anything. In fact, I added a mythic ring which I did not have a few days ago, so I expected to do better, not worse. So I'm not really sure what the issue is.

Am I the only one who has noticed this?

Energizeric
07-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Just spent about a half hour in PvP and result was 6 kills and about 40 deaths. This has been typical for me the past few days. Something is very odd.

iluvataris
07-16-2013, 11:35 AM
Idk wvills,pug group and I had a pretty good time this morning taking out a group of "classic" warriors all with mythic an arcane. It wouldn't be right for sts to implement a change like that without telling us. Unless there's something those warriors know that we/you/sts doesn't.

Also if your like me, I have good days.. then there's the bad days.

Darko
07-16-2013, 11:40 AM
The bael sword when procs completly disables ur armor I believe. ..haven't tested

iluvataris
07-16-2013, 11:41 AM
O ya I've heard it stacks per swing. Idk about in pvp.

And I don't think I've fought a warrior with bael weapon yet.

Energizeric
07-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Of course we all have good days and bad days. But prior to the last few days, my "bad days" were still positive KDR, just not as good as usual. I would do bad when I put myself in bad situations, such as being outnumbered or against a good team with lousy teammates. Now I'm having problems 1 on 1 vs warriors. Not to say that I am normally invincible. But normally I put up a decent fight. Now I'm getting chopped down the way I normally chop down players with crate gear. 5 seconds into the fight I'm dead.

I does seem a bit inconsistent though. Some games I do just fine, but then others it's like I described. It's as if there is some new glitch that only certain players know, and when they know it they can kill me very quickly with little effort. Kind of reminds me of that glitch that existed for warriors in season 2. I wonder if there is not something new like that now.

Natrich
07-16-2013, 12:44 PM
maybe you have on luck amulet :D

iluvataris
07-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Hmmmm meditate on this, I will.

Carapace
07-16-2013, 12:59 PM
aside from the addition of the elite rare spawn there has been no class specific adjustments. I'd be curious to hear if you have any other findings in this regard as it does seem odd.

keikali
07-16-2013, 01:06 PM
aside from the addition of the elite rare spawn there has been no class specific adjustments. I'd be curious to hear if you have any other findings in this regard as it does seem odd.

Or Energizeric is just off his game a bit lately! :X

iluvataris
07-16-2013, 01:16 PM
All that gold lining your pockets weighing you Down?
Lmao jkjkjk mad respect for you energizic : )
But ill be looking out also.

Smoller
07-16-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm not sure what it is, but something has changed in PvP with regard to warriors in the past few days. They hit much harder than they did.

For the past month or two, I never had any problems with warriors. Yes, I could be beat by a warrior 1 on 1, but I could also beat many warriors. For a warrior to beat me it took quite some time as they didn't hit very hard.

Now I'm having an issue where warriors kill me in 2-3 hits very quickly. I haven't changed anything about my build. I'm an end game full mythic sorcerer with 2900 health and always have my shield up, yet 2-3 hits from most end game mythic warriors and my shield is broken and I'm dead. And when there are 2 warriors on a team, it doesn't matter if it's 4 on the other team vs. 2 warriors, the 2 warriors are winning the battle every time.

The result of this is my KDR in TDM had been about 3/1, but over the past few days it's about 1/3. I don't even think I'm very good anymore, but I haven't changed anything. In fact, I added a mythic ring which I did not have a few days ago, so I expected to do better, not worse. So I'm not really sure what the issue is.

The same filling bro.

FluffNStuff
07-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Probably noobs.

Energizeric
07-16-2013, 04:45 PM
maybe you have on luck amulet :D

LOL, this happened to me once back shortly after they released the luck amulet. At least an hour went by before I realized. It just seemed like I had a really really bad day, then suddenly I realize I have 450 less health and about 20 less dmg LOL. But now I always check that before entering PvP, so that's not it.

Otawaazavie
07-16-2013, 05:56 PM
I believe it's the axe throw skill that's glitchy and does armor reduction much greater than 10% that's supposed to do. Everytime I'm hit with it even with shield on, two hits are enough. I think this skill needs to be nerfed. Stuns, reduces armor, pulls from like 15m, reduces critical chance and damages. Imo it's unfair.

Energizeric
07-16-2013, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure what it is, but I went from a player who was pretty much unbeatable and was having games where I would get 15 kills with 1 death, and now I struggle to get 3 kills and die 8 or 10 times. Same build, even better gear (I've since added a mythic ring), and much worse results.

FluffNStuff
07-16-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure what it is, but I went from a player who was pretty much unbeatable and was having games where I would get 15 kills with 1 death, and now I struggle to get 3 kills and die 8 or 10 times. Same build, even better gear (I've since added a mythic ring), and much worse results.

Are the players beating you vets or noobs? Do they have the same gear as your used to? Are they using the same skills as you are used to?

OvigorothO
07-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Are these players who've previously been destroyed by you who now destroy you or completely different players? Don't count out the fact that some players just don't have as much skill as others. Most of the time the players with least skill are most common and you've just been running into the skillful ones a lot more lately?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Energizeric
07-17-2013, 02:40 AM
Hard to say. I think that may be part of it. It seems like most players have stopped doing pvp and now mostly the pros are who are playing. But yes, there are players I used to beat that are now beating me. Maybe they have improved their gear, maybe they just got better. IDK. It just happened so suddenly, and it seems to be specifically warriors. There are only a small handful of rogues that can really challenge me.

Soundlesskill
07-17-2013, 02:45 AM
I actually agree on this. Axe throw takes around 30% of my 2,9k HP.
A few days ago i was practicing 2v2, and someone interruped. The other team had to interfere and kill the people interfering. The warr accidentally hit me a few times and suddenly i was seeing red, like after 2-3 hits :/
He was full mythic no hammer of course, but :s

Soundlesskill
07-17-2013, 02:47 AM
There are only a small handful of rogues that can really challenge me.

I'm glad there's some -_- useless i am!

Haligali
07-17-2013, 03:34 AM
I think the problem is the maul, every game i joined there is always at least one in, but sometimes more. The team with the most mauled warriors wins. :/
This post does not reveal the truth nowdays: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94740-Selling-arcane-hammer&p=1065436&viewfull=1#post1065436

Cero
07-17-2013, 06:35 AM
maybe cos of theres no more "pve only" on mythic sword?

Robhawk
07-17-2013, 06:40 AM
My 1vs1 vs the good warriors (i dont know the warr skills and names) is:

charged fire -> warrior stunned, lightning, gun, gun, light, fire and then get Clyde in position for stun (which mostly doesnt work lol)... while doin that constantly runnin away...then i get a tremendous slowdown and the warrior catches up. In the next 2 seconds i lose bout 2/3 of health-> heal... Then the thing with charged fire from above happens again to the point i get the slowdown and when the warrior catches up i have to cast the shield to not instantly die... My charged fire and stuff happens again, my shield is gone i have another heal... so i get slowed down my hp drop like liquid i cast my heal and then im dead... This happens all the time and i cant do anything about it.

The point when the warrior gets close and he does easily again and again your done... i dont know why warriors cry for low damage my nearly 3k HP are done in 2 seconds... I can kill good rouges in 1on1 but NO warrior.

Energizeric
07-17-2013, 11:33 AM
My 1vs1 vs the good warriors (i dont know the warr skills and names) is:

charged fire -> warrior stunned, lightning, gun, gun, light, fire and then get Clyde in position for stun (which mostly doesnt work lol)... while doin that constantly runnin away...then i get a tremendous slowdown and the warrior catches up. In the next 2 seconds i lose bout 2/3 of health-> heal... Then the thing with charged fire from above happens again to the point i get the slowdown and when the warrior catches up i have to cast the shield to not instantly die... My charged fire and stuff happens again, my shield is gone i have another heal... so i get slowed down my hp drop like liquid i cast my heal and then im dead... This happens all the time and i cant do anything about it.

The point when the warrior gets close and he does easily again and again your done... i dont know why warriors cry for low damage my nearly 3k HP are done in 2 seconds... I can kill good rouges in 1on1 but NO warrior.

I'm finding lately I don't even last this long. Once they are near me and my shield is beat, healing only buys me a couple of seconds as he chops me down almost instantly taking half my health with each hit. A month ago if a warrior beat me it would take a while for him to finish me off. Now they are taking me down pretty easy and much faster.

Darko
07-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Curse kills a warrior with maul they hit hard and end up deflecting upon themselves I've learnes this first hand

Energizeric
07-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Curse kills a warrior with maul they hit hard and end up deflecting upon themselves I've learnes this first hand

I've considered this, but which skill to replace with curse? shield? heal?

If I replace fire or lightning, then I'm down to only 1 offensive skill, so then I become completely useless in PvE.

razerfingers
07-17-2013, 07:08 PM
i don't play with my sorcerer often (level 17) but i find shield to be useless in pve or do i need points in str to make it work properly? sorry for derail but you guys seem to know more than if i were to um make a thread.

Alhuntrazeck
07-17-2013, 08:04 PM
i don't play with my sorcerer often (level 17) but i find shield to be useless in pve or do i need points in str to make it work properly? sorry for derail but you guys seem to know more than if i were to um make a thread.

Shield will get useful in elite maps because there will be spots in certain maps where u run to the boss. Its also useful to avoid getting 1-hitted.

Its really a PvP skill though.

razerfingers
07-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Shield will get useful in elite maps because there will be spots in certain maps where u run to the boss. Its also useful to avoid getting 1-hitted.

Its really a PvP skill though.

Ahhh but that sucks

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

matanofx
07-18-2013, 04:03 PM
First of all regarding the issue of this thread i must say i havent noticed, i managed to kill 1v1 some pretty good tanks and in big a pvp brawl 5v5 i didnt notice a change for warriors killing faster.

As far as curse and being pvp/pve. I map skills so i got 5 skills- light fire clock heal shield, all but clock for pvp and all but shield for pve, i find that theres enough skill points to sacrifice two for clock.

Lately im leaning more and more towards replacing light with curse, based on what i read in forums it seems to be more useful specially against strong oponents which are usually the biggest problem.

anibiag
07-18-2013, 05:43 PM
Who said that all classes are supposed to be equal 1 v 1?..
Pvp is team game, and has disadvantages for wars as a team game, and all classes are supposed to play different roles here.
Being a mage(with legendary helm and ring) I remember only one non-arcane war with tdm kdr higher than mine, I even dont see many wars with kdr around 2, which shows that wars can't be called the strongest class with many advantages, even though they are maybe stronger 1 v 1.(If we are not talking about mauls, lol).
Also, wars can still be killed 1 v 1(If we are not talking about mauls again). Standing distant from war doesnt let him use autoattack to hit me and imo its enough to make fight at least equal.

Zeus
07-18-2013, 06:22 PM
I've considered this, but which skill to replace with curse? shield? heal?

If I replace fire or lightning, then I'm down to only 1 offensive skill, so then I become completely useless in PvE.

Are you sure you'd be useless against a boss? A special attack from him while you have curse on could lead to devestating damage on the boss, unless, curse does not work on bosses (I am not a mage).

Just going by logic here, don't flame! :)

Energizeric
07-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Who said that all classes are supposed to be equal 1 v 1?..
Pvp is team game, and has disadvantages for wars as a team game, and all classes are supposed to play different roles here.
Being a mage(with legendary helm and ring) I remember only one non-arcane war with tdm kdr higher than mine, I even dont see many wars with kdr around 2, which shows that wars can't be called the strongest class with many advantages, even though they are maybe stronger 1 v 1.(If we are not talking about mauls, lol).
Also, wars can still be killed 1 v 1(If we are not talking about mauls again). Standing distant from war doesnt let him use autoattack to hit me and imo its enough to make fight at least equal.

I realize not all classes are equal 1 on 1. I'm not complaining about that. I'm saying that something has changed. It is different for me now than it was 2 weeks ago. Way different, specifically when it comes to me fighting warriors. And I did not change a single thing except that I added a mythic ring which replaced an ornate braid of security ring.

In the process of adding that mythic ring, my stats changed in this way: 250 more health, 13 more damage, 40 less armor. I have a hard time thinking that the 40 armor I lost made such a huge difference, but it seems so. Unless there is something else that has changed.

I suppose I have to consider that maybe the extra 40 armor was of big importance, more important perhaps than 250 extra health. My problem is not that I am not inflicting damage, it's that the battles are not lasting long enough for me to kill the warrior, and instead I'm dead rather quickly. Before that wasn't happening. The only mythic item I still don't have is the amulet, and I'm actually considering buying the warrior doom amulet instead of the mage lunar amulet because of the extra 48 armor it gives. The Lunar Amulet would give me 17 more damage, but I would lose 140 health and not gain any armor.

So what's more important? 140 health + 48 amor <or> 17 damage + 2.25% crit

It's a tough decision considering we really don't understand what different values of armor really means. Plus the shield will take 105 more damage with the doom amulet than with the lunar amulet.

I keep wondering if this is the issue at hand, but it's hard to believe. Most everyone I talk to in game seems to think armor is a non-issue for mages. I wonder if they are wrong.

Obi
07-19-2013, 08:16 AM
Hmmm.. my kdr is almost 1:1 but it was always like 200 more kills than deaths and suddenly in the last week it is like 70 more deaths than kills.. I was wondering if something is wrong with me or what? Now after reading this I do not know..

mollypup
07-19-2013, 08:25 AM
I've noticed it to not only in PvP but it seems to be true every time an expansion comes out the game plays changes its not a lack of talent on your part

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

CouchPass
07-19-2013, 01:41 PM
its cuz warriors now hav around 200 dmg

zwapper
07-19-2013, 01:49 PM
i find curse useful in pvp and i beat a lot of warriors in pvp in my lvl (22) even those player higher than my lvl. But of course mythic set is hard to beat!!! i have only legendary set.

i use 5 skills in pvp. (if i fight with warriors). the more they hit the more damage will reflect on them. good combo for shield with 2 sec invi. and i have encountered a lot of rouge that easily drop bcoz of my curse.

i hope this will help some noob sorcerers in choosing their skills!!!

Taejo
07-23-2013, 12:36 AM
So what's more important? 140 health + 48 amor <or> 17 damage + 2.25% crit

Not to go off on a long tangent, but I have this strange suspicion that armor values aren't functioning properly in this game and that there's a soft cap that we aren't aware of. Now that my warrior is in full mythic and can reach over 1716 armor (with Koko) I've been wanting to run some numbers to test my theory that armor doesn't mitigate damage beyond the 'soft cap'. I just don't understand why I use the same amount of HP pots with 1500 armor as I do with 1650 in places like the Shuyal Arena. It's as if the damage mitigation values drastically decrease past 1300 or 1400 (or doesn't exist at all). I will do some number crunching soon.. (it would be easier if my dmg and the boss' dmg wasn't the same color text though *cough STS change one of them cough*).

Now, as for your dilemma, I've heard similar complains from other friends who play sorcs. I myself haven't PvPed long enough with my sorc that I can make a valid observation. However, I can tell you that my warrior is not hitting any harder. Personally if I had your gear, Ener, I would take the +hp/+armor over 17 damage any day - but that's based on my play style.

Could it be as simple as more warriors are in full mythic now days than there was before? Full mythic boosts a warrior's damage significantly compared to much of the Noble stuff. With the crate-a-palooza events we've been having lately in conjunction with market prices dipping to a new low, maybe you're just running into more mythic warriors than you used to.

Obi
07-23-2013, 02:42 AM
One axe throw and I'm 1500HP down without a shield.. is that ok?

Otawaazavie
07-23-2013, 09:40 AM
As I stated above I'm pretty sure axe throw reduces armor much more than 10%. What's annoying is that we can't see the armor debuff on avatar screen as we can't also see dmg buff and debuff and armor buff. Devs need to investigate on axe throw

anibiag
07-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Maybe you are right... I noticed my tdm kdr getting lower and lower since I changed my noble helm to mythic cowl(-93 hp and -54 armor). Coincidence? Im pretty sure so. But maybe...

zwapper
07-25-2013, 03:54 AM
everytime i face warr with decent gear and stats i always ended up with all L without W. How can we defeat a warr with the skills of mage (shield, heal and mana) and the high crit damage of a rouge. this is too much for them. I think even stun locker has no chance to have W over them...

the only W that i got from warr are from those noobs. i hope devs can make some adjustment in sorcs skills.

Bless
07-25-2013, 05:01 AM
everytime i face warr with decent gear and stats i always ended up with all L without W. How can we defeat a warr with the skills of mage (shield, heal and mana) and the high crit damage of a rouge. this is too much for them. I think even stun locker has no chance to have W over them...

the only W that i got from warr are from those noobs. i hope devs can make some adjustment in sorcs skills. Sorcs are equal to rogues at endgame..i got stun-fireball-lightning nuked all the time...They have over 340dmg. I wouldnt recommend any adjustments because they have decent hp - more than enough with shield. With their stun/nuking abilities, their lower hp and armor is justified.

Hnakkur
07-25-2013, 05:07 AM
i need to agree to soundless and energizeric. not just the same feeling it is indeed like the warriors are criting like hell atm and believe it they make " dmg"!!! these 2 words doent fit ea :D

Zeus
07-26-2013, 02:27 PM
If that were true, I wouldn't be able to survive forever with Nexus + health packs. Seriously, they don't really hit me hard either. Other classes would be noticing if warriors started hitting harder.

Taejo
07-26-2013, 02:30 PM
One axe throw and I'm 1500HP down without a shield.. is that ok?

I would say yes, because axe throw is our only decent, high damage, 1-target skill. Just like a rogue has true aim (which can 2-shot a warrior) and a sorcerer has lightning bolt (which can also 2-shot a warrior).

Pivot
07-28-2013, 07:02 PM
im sorry energiz i think i accidentally spilled the beans on a new warrior build that can keep you fighting a really long time even in 5vs1

Energizeric
07-29-2013, 12:03 AM
Well, I've been practicing a bunch over the past week and I'm having much better results vs. warriors. I just can't manage 2 warriors at the same time unless I have at least one warrior on my side. Two warriors just keep on healing eachother endlessly and if they time it right they will never die.

Now I just make sure to stay away and/or try to separate the warrior from the group. Once I get a single warrior 1 on 1, I have a much much better chance.

Jellowpy
07-29-2013, 01:18 AM
Or maybe because new patch was taking too long only the good pvpers are left..

matanofx
07-29-2013, 02:50 AM
Well, I've been practicing a bunch over the past week and I'm having much better results vs. warriors. I just can't manage 2 warriors at the same time unless I have at least one warrior on my side. Two warriors just keep on healing eachother endlessly and if they time it right they will never die.

Now I just make sure to stay away and/or try to separate the warrior from the group. Once I get a single warrior 1 on 1, I have a much much better chance.

i come to realize i can not kill all tanks 1v1 but i can give any of e'm a good fight and thats fair enough.
i wonder what happened those days when u started this thread and what changed since then

Alrisaia
07-29-2013, 12:18 PM
Hmmmm meditate on this, I will.

Iluvayoda :) luv it

iluvataris
07-31-2013, 09:55 AM
lmao felt the timing was perect lol

Daddyblu
08-01-2013, 05:58 AM

Can i beat you 1-1... warrior now adays are strong.. maybe the warrior you killed before are just noobs.. lol

i am 100% sure i can beat you on a 1-1 ^_^

heads up my stats is

5k+hp no buff
1700+ armor no buff
240 pds
210 damage.

pm me if you want to try ^_^

inkredible
08-01-2013, 10:46 AM

nope youre not the only one
theres one warrior specifically that caught my attention, because this has never happend to me before too
s******* , tdm with him - and a few couple other warriors have seemed to gotten my health down 30% easy
and a warrior with "3 heals" so yes ive noticed that..

but i also heard rumours about a glitch build around ..... dont no much about it, just over heard that o******** and s****** using them - not sure if its true

take it also to consideration that im runnin with 1500 + armor and 5k - no buff .250+dmg

inkredible
08-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Can i beat you 1-1... warrior now adays are strong.. maybe the warrior you killed before are just noobs.. lol

heads up my stats is

5k+hp no buff
1700+ armor no buff
240 pds
210 damage.

mages has always been easy to kill..

Energizeric
08-02-2013, 11:07 PM

heads up my stats is

5k+hp no buff
1700+ armor no buff
240 pds
210 damage.

You and I have had plenty of battles in PvP, you have won a handful and so have I. They weren't exactly just the two of us there, but they have ended up with just the two of us battling each other. It all comes down to the stuns. Whoever lands the best stuns can take down the other player. Otherwise we both keep surviving until our heal skills are cooled down and then we can heal and the battle keeps going.

I will say this.... You are one of the toughest warriors to take down.