PDA

View Full Version : Nott information (you mean they're not blue blobs?)

Snakespeare
07-16-2013, 12:16 PM
As we prepare for the expansion, I've gathered every reference I can to the Nott people.

If anyone has anything to add, or questions we might try to find answers for, please add to this.

(I might try to jot down some of the game dialog concerning the Nott and their homeworld. Maybe I'll take some screen shots, too.

==============================

From Swede on 12-18-2012
Nott is a nickname that the people of Arlor gave them because they tended to only move around at night, where their appearance would draw less attention as they could hide in the shadows.

From Swede on 12-19-2012
The sorcerer is of the race Nott (Old Arlorian “child of night”). A reclusive and rare people in Arlor, the Nott is believed to descend from another world or dimension. With strong affinity to magic and an alien appearance, the Arlorians have always been apprehensive to the Nott. Unfair treatment and persecution have been common practice, so the Nott tend to stay out of human society.
The Nott realized early that they were too different from the humans to ever be fully accepted. To avoid extra attention they began to live more and more of their life at night, wearing robes and other garments to cover their appearance further. Nowadays Nott villages are almost entirely nocturnal, town guards being about the only ones seeing the light of day. This was what earned them their given name, their original name unknown to humans and at this point, perhaps even to the Nott themselves.

on 3-13-2013 Alhuntrazeck asked:
I have heard several references to the Mage's species name: The banker in Trav Outpost saying "Do you Nott have hair in your ears?", Natalia in the Pier also uses the word Nott, as in 'many nott have come here...'.

on 4-22-2013 Dinosaurus asked:
Another thing is ive been called: smurf,dwarf,gnome and mini! Cant there be something making it clear that sorcerers are known as Nott!

on 6-19 Panurge correctly guessed the next expansion. Here is text from his blog:
First of all, following the story of Uller and Vili we learn that it is the Nott character (Vili that is) that wanted to open a portal to the dimension of Shuyal (where Notts come from) in order for the heroes to be able to help the Notts of Shuyal defeat the greater evil that threatens them. It's all in the diary of Vili at the Tomb of Uller.
At that same place a Portal was placed during one of the last updates, with the mysterious character of Seer Hox preparing for some strange event.
Combining these facts with the increasing Shuyal references in the game (ex: Gladiatorial Arena) and the limited amount of space on the map of Arlor, i believe that the next big expansion is going to be a brand new map of the Nott Realm, wich we will be able to enter through the aforementioned portal.

then on 7-5-2013 Samhayne officially announced the expansion:
Centuries ago the people of Shuyal were delving deeper in to the realms of sorcery than mortals were ever supposed to. Their inexperienced meddling unleashed a terrible evil, filled with an insatiable hunger and the power to devour their world. The people of Shuyal were defenseless against such a force and their world was quickly covered in the shadow that followed Inan’hesh, the devourer of worlds. Desperate, the Shuyal people performed a powerful ritual, opening a portal to another world. As the survivors fled through the portal, their strongest sorcerers made the ultimate sacrifice, slowing down Inan’hesh and then sealing the portal, keeping the new world out of his grasp.
On Arlor, the Shuyal people became known as the Nott. The guardian of the portal key, Vili, became one of Arlor’s most revered heroes. He broke the key to the portal into three fragments and gave two pieces to his friends, Uller, the Nordrman and Himingleva, the pirate queen. Now the key has been reunited by the Legend of Arlor and a choice has to be made. Open the portal and try to save Shuyal, risking the shadow of Inan’hesh seeping in to Arlor, or smash it and leave the Nott’ trapped in exile...

on 7-8-2013 Samhayne posted screen shots of Shuyal, the Nott homeworld:
First, a quick look at our headline villian: Inan'hesh, the Devourer of Worlds! (pic)
The world of Shuyal is mostly consumed by the Shadow. All hope is not completely lost, as a few of the Nott survive in secluded enclaves of unspoiled areas. (3 more pics)

DocDoBig
07-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Ohh now I understand!
The sorcerer race is called Nott, thanks a lot Snake!

So Warriors and Rogues are just Humans.
And who is Vili? Is s/he the hero of the Notts like Himingleva for the rogues/Uller for the Warriors?

Rajnikanth
07-16-2013, 02:25 PM
wow so cool.
also name of d nxt arcane sorc will b smething like "shadow wand of Nott"

bramer
07-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Ohh now I understand!
The sorcerer race is called Nott, thanks a lot Snake!

So Warriors and Rogues are just Humans.
And who is Vili? Is s/he the hero of the Notts like Himingleva for the rogues/Uller for the Warriors?
Nah, rouges and warriors are to different from each other to both be 100% human. My guess is that they are both different "sub-species" of human, that resulted from, ahem, breeding with different species (in the warriors case the non-human species was a giant of some sort, hence the warriors massive size and strength. And the rouge's one was an elf, hence their extraordinary agility).

This is bramer - signing out

DocDoBig
07-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Nah, rouges and warriors are to different from each other to both be 100% human. My guess is that they are both different "sub-species" of human, that resulted from, ahem, breeding with different species (in the warriors case the non-human species was a giant of some sort, hence the warriors massive size and strength. And the rouge's one was an elf, hence their extraordinary agility).

This is bramer - signing out

Good thought!

xcainnblecterx
07-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Arcane weapon won't be a wand I'm sure it it is I'll be surprised .Thanks for the info snake

DocDoBig
07-16-2013, 03:14 PM
I kinda have a feeling it will look like this:

(The Ring)

;)

iluvataris
07-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Dat Ring!
Must be blood ruby of shuyal!

drgrimmy
07-16-2013, 03:54 PM
As a sorcerer I agree with the feelings of unfair treatment and persecution by humans! Maybe that's why sorcerers were so underpowered for so long in al, so we can feel as though we were all a part of the mythology! :)

Bless
07-16-2013, 04:06 PM
No! You got it all wrong. Theyre frogs period

Rare
07-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Unfair treatment and persecution have been common practice, so the Nott tend to stay out of human society.

Maybe that explains why Sorcerers have been ignored so long. :p

As a sorcerer I agree with the feelings of unfair treatment and persecution by humans! Maybe that's why sorcerers were so underpowered for so long in al, so we can feel as though we were all a part of the mythology! :)

Guess i should read more

xcainnblecterx
07-16-2013, 04:27 PM

I would actually like to believe this. Now let's say this next expansion has caused all the blue guys (notts) to become so tired of being under powered, we get mad buff up and start nukin all in PvP. Just saying I'd definetly put my warrior away if this happened. Also I noticed in every class specific expansion next to the arcane weapon, each class has had a mad powered weapon that's still top notch. For example entombed hammer of warfare this expansion

Snakespeare
07-16-2013, 06:01 PM
I wonder if the arcane magic (that is, the ability to bond with our "pets" for magical effects) is somehow the work of the Nott. They keep saying we'll hear more about arcane magic in coming expansions.

Well, I'm really glad we have a name for our species and a place where we came from. I'm looking forward to this expansion more than I have any other since beta. I just love a good back story!

Alhuntrazeck
07-16-2013, 07:52 PM
Yay! Nice work snakes! I also love how I'm on the main post!

Cant wait for the next expansion.

katish
07-18-2013, 04:28 PM

Ditto! But our time has come my friend.. We shall rise in power and be head to head (figuratively speaking) to those humans!

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2