PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming System: "Consignment Shoppe!"

Cinco
10-22-2010, 04:58 PM
The next version of Pocket Legends (version 1.5) includes our first iteration of 'auction' functionality. This initial implementation allows you to take tradeable items from your inventory and list them for sale for other players to purchase - whether you are online or off ;)

Go to the Balefort Castle area of your map and locate "Artie the Auctioneer" within the walls of Fort Blackstone. Talk to him in order to:

1.) Browse items up for sale,
2.) List your items, and
3.) Collect gold payments from other players!

Buying Items
Artie's 'consignment shoppe' allows you to filter by item type, item name, level minimum, level maximum, item rarity and by 'items you can use.'

Listing Items for Sale
In order to list items for sale on the Shoppe you need to have at least one (1) available "Auction Slot." We give you one (1) to start with and you can buy more with Platinum from the in-game store.

Choose the 'Sell' tab to list your items for sale. Choose a tradeable item from your inventory. Select an asking price and set the time period for which you would like the item to be listed. The Shoppe will take 1% of your asking price when you list the item.

You can list items for 12 hours, 24 hours, 4 days or 1 week. Each of these time-periods has a small flat fee associated which the Shoppe also takes when you list the item.

Collecting your Gold!
Check back with Artie the Auctioneer and see if your items have sold! Click on the Sales tab and browse the 'Completed' sales to see which of your items have sold. When you have sold an item, you can 'Complete Sale' to collect your gold and re-open an Auction Slot.

This feature offers some great benefits for players who enjoy trading but don't want to spend all day and night hawking their sales in the middle of towne. Plus, the item filtering features (being able to look only for "Legendary" items, Level 43 items, or only items with "Isis" in their names) make it easy to find just what you're looking for!

Hope you enjoy it :)

- Cinco

Chickdigcookies
10-22-2010, 04:59 PM
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

mind showing us a screen shot?

Demonicdevyn
10-22-2010, 05:01 PM
sweet .

Cascade
10-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Sweet this is better than CTF :)

TwinkTastical
10-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Does it cost 20 plat per selling slot?

setec
10-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Important question: If I look at an item via the shoppe system, does it compare it to what I am currently equipped with so that I know what stats are changed?

deathdealer
10-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Is this coming out today? Or at some other undisclosed day?

Cascade
10-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Will you be able to look up ANY item in PL even quest items? And will it have a description with the item?

deathdealer
10-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Important question: If I look at an item via the shoppe system, does it compare it to what I am currently equipped with so that I know what stats are changed?

I really want to see stat changes as well

Royce
10-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Is this coming out today? Or at some other undisclosed day?

It's part of the 1.5 app update. So whenever, they finish it, send it to Apple, and it gets approved, we'll see it.
Anyway, sounds pretty cool.

Cinco
10-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Does it cost 20 plat per selling slot?

We have not decided the final price of the auction bays.

Thinking five (5) bays for ten (10) plat - and perhaps better deals for more auction bays in the future.

setec
10-22-2010, 05:12 PM
We have not decided the final price of the auction bays.

Thinking five (5) bays for ten (10) plat - and perhaps better deals for more auction bays in the future.

Given that we get 3 bays free already, 10p for 5 more bays seems very fair.

Cascade
10-22-2010, 05:13 PM
At least its not as expensive as CTF.

Demonicdevyn
10-22-2010, 05:13 PM
k so not a bad deal
what happens if none bids after the time period u choose
and can u take a item out and cancel selling it?

setec
10-22-2010, 05:14 PM
What happened to the prices devs?

You're complaining about 10p for 5 slots? Or is it just still the 20p from another post?

setec
10-22-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm hoping they implement down the road an in-game mail system which could be used for offline sending of items to players mailboxes and for notifications of CS completed auctions.

Royce
10-22-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm hoping they implement down the road an in-game mail system which could be used for offline sending of items to players mailboxes and for notifications of CS completed auctions.

I think this was on the roadmap... last time we had one... which was a long time ago... (ahem)

Demonicdevyn
10-22-2010, 05:18 PM
yeah ive suggested that quite a few times no replys

we need a new road map tho eh

setec
10-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Found the road map that mentioned mailboxes: (04/16/2010).

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?463-Technology-Roadmap

TwinkTastical
10-22-2010, 05:22 PM
I think u need 18 bays to fit an item though, so its still as expensive as Ctf

setec
10-22-2010, 05:24 PM
I think u need 18 bays to fit an item though, so its still as expensive as Ctf

OMG, now I know you must be kidding. :) Don't get the kids all riled up! :)

Cinco
10-22-2010, 05:25 PM
k so not a bad deal
what happens if none bids after the time period u choose
and can u take a item out and cancel selling it?

You can cancel the listing any time you want. If no one purchases your item before the time expires you get the item back. You will need to pick it up from Artie the Auctioneer by going to your 'Completed' sales tab. The 'Completed' portion of the interface shows items that have sold as well as items that have expried.

The listing fee (paid in gold by the seller for each item) is non-refundable.

Demonicdevyn
10-22-2010, 05:25 PM
lmao twink .

Cinco
10-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Found the road map that mentioned mailboxes: (04/16/2010).

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?463-Technology-Roadmap

The mailboxes did not make it in to the first iteration. It's a neat idea (and in the past we've made game systems where you can email practically anything to another player... and that was sorta okay... not great by any means), and we plan to have something along these lines sometime in the future.

Demonicdevyn
10-22-2010, 05:28 PM
You can cancel the listing any time you want. If no one purchases your item before the time expires you get the item back. You will need to pick it up from Artie the Auctioneer by going to your 'Completed' sales tab. The 'Completed' portion of the interface shows items that have sold as well as items that have expried.

The listing fee (paid in gold by the seller for each item) is non-refundable.

ok sounds great

how much wud the listing fee be?
and wud it vary on rarity of items and lvl
say if i put a gorgux hammer of the rift in it may be twice a fee as a lvl 45 item?

Chickdigcookies
10-22-2010, 05:36 PM
screen shot please?

Cinco
10-22-2010, 05:40 PM
The fee is going to be 1% of your asking price. So if you want to ask a few million for your Gurgox Hammer... you'll pay a big listing fee :)
On the other hand, if you're feeling charitable and you decide to list this rare item for only a few thousand... you'll get by with a nominal fee.

Rarity and such has no bearing on the asking price. We know of some green and yellow items that are (shamefully) a lot more rare than the most sought-after pinks. These may be worth a lot more to a collector even though they are not the best stats, etc.

bmc85uk
10-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Yellow items, have I missed a rather large addition to PL, or were you referring to orange?

Lesrider
10-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Looove this idea -- hate standing around spamming my wares, which is why I rarely do it. This sounds great. Question, though. If you see your item's not selling, is there any way to lower the price without having to take it out and start over? Because it seems like people could just look at the prices on there and put theirs up for slightly less and then yours won't sell. Would be nice if you could change the price but only lower it, sacrificing the higher 1% fee. That way people won't start with absurdly high prices and then lower it after.

Not sure if that made any sense -- Im going on no sleep or food b/c of PL lol. Too addictive!!!!

FluffNStuff
10-22-2010, 06:12 PM
So essentially the item goes 'into the shop' when you put it up for sale, so you can not use it?

gxs349@gmail.com
10-23-2010, 02:19 AM
nice,thanks

Aloha
10-23-2010, 03:28 AM
I wish this came out earlier, really helps with the marketing economy.

Ellyidol
10-23-2010, 03:33 AM
Really neat, helps set everything straight. Though the only con I see is the fee (no, I understand this is essentially part, no doubt). I just see it as another gold drainer from the people to the game, and still no gold income added. Though 1% is kinda small for the prices ongoing now, awesome devs :D Cannot wait!!!

shadywack
10-23-2010, 09:44 AM
I see it as a huge help. It will force sellers to come down and make Forest Haven more social. It won't be a gold drainer, it'll make everything cheaper.

Stratospaly
10-23-2010, 09:49 AM
I have a stash full of junk waiting for this to be implemented. Stuff that is impossible to sell one by one, would be easily searched for and sold with an auction type system.

smoae
10-23-2010, 05:07 PM
awwww no more ripping off noobs.
lol jk

this will be awesome, however i think it will bring prices down more :/
example:

Someones selling power armor or rift for 400k
someone else is selling it too, but they want to sell it for 600k

they are forced to bring their price down to 400k, because thats what another person is selling for. kinda creates a base price for all items.

Melange
10-23-2010, 05:31 PM
I have a stash full of junk waiting for this to be implemented. Stuff that is impossible to sell one by one, would be easily searched for and sold with an auction type system.

Yeah I have 300 junk (probably 40 of that pinks, The rest purple and green mess) sitting in my mule account, too much effort to sell.

And that's a concern for the market I think, everyone else has the same stockpile.
So there is going to be a huge oversupply of not so good pinks, with everyone listing cheaper to sell there may be a bit of a shock crash in their prices for a few weeks until all the stockpiles have been cleaned out.

I guess everyone just has to be prepared for that to happen, don't rush to offload for ever lower prices in the first few weeks.
Perhaps once prices have stabilized the devs can change some items colors to more accurately reflect their value. Downgrade some unwanted pinks to purples, and upgrade any high value purples to pinks.

setec
10-23-2010, 06:13 PM
For the example of an item sold for 600k and another for 400k, the seller for the 400k will win that match. However, if the seller for the 600k buts the 400k item, then sells both his for 600k, he gets a 200k profit. Of course, if enough people sell that item for 400k, then the 600k seller will be forced to bring his price down.

Another thing that WILL happen is sellers will buy out a popular item completely and then sell it for a high price. This has to be an item in high demand though.

But, I look forward to this. There will be good deals to find and overtime the market will stabilize as well.

jonboy
10-23-2010, 06:34 PM
They can't buy all of something as new items will keep dropping, they would need to control supply as well to maintain an artificial price.

setec
10-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Here is what I mean by "all items". If there is a rare item, let's call it the "Sword of a Thousand Truths" or STT for short (<-- just made that up or did I?).

Let's say the STT is very rare and you have to go through a lot of quests to get it or kill a lot of the same boss and it only drops like .5% of the time. First off, not everyone that has one will sell it. Those that do sell it, put it on the CS for sale. Let's say there are 10 sellers on there. One of them could buy the other 9 up, cancel his sale, then relist the 10 items for sale at a high price. And let's say this STT is the hot item to have. Unless someone gets one in game and ALSO sells it, this one seller now controls the supply and can maintain that artificial price until such time as another appears on the CS at a lower one.

jonboy
10-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Yea, but they better have deep pockets, and they would have to keep paying the list fee everytime that would eat into profits, but if you looked at it as a long term investment and something more popular doesn't emerge and leave them sitting with a pile of stuff no one wants.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-23-2010, 06:45 PM
sound sexy ... ;)

setec
10-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Well, I've heard of players on PL have multiple millions, like 28M or some guy I met say he had 38M spread out in multiple accounts. So, it is possible.

And again, they might hold onto it for only a few days. But if you buy up the items Friday and control it on a weekend when most kids are out of school and most adults don't work, then more PL players will be on that might bid on these items at the high prices.

Should be interesting to see what happens.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-23-2010, 06:51 PM
yueah its a good concept but pretty pricey id say

jonboy
10-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Ahh we can run the old buy low on trades finishing mid week and sell in the weekend for higher.

A good idea would be to have alot of gold on hand when 1.5 hits and all the players that don't frequent the forums off load everything and the market temporary crashes, should be able to swim around like sharks and pick off the good deals.

Melange
10-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Unless someone gets one in game and ALSO sells it, this one seller now controls the supply and can maintain that artificial price until such time as another appears on the CS at a lower one.

I think a bit of price manipulation is good fun for the game, after all it's how things work in the real world.

People engaging in market monopolization run a big risk, a risk that devs will change the drop rates and suddenly their "10 in the game" market becomes 1000 in the game, destroying their high prices and investment. New better items may also come out, and no one will ever want their 10 rare items ever again.
So let them take the risk I say, keeps things interesting. No one is forced to need those few ultra rare items.

Steverd
10-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Simply can't wait!!!!
This will ADD SO MUCH to the game!!!

Steve

setec
10-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Was just thinking that after 1.5 is out with CS, that Balefort Castle - Fort Blackstone will be the new area for sell spamming.

I think that although things are on CS there will see be people selling via the old system and also people spamming "Check out my awesome sale prices in CS!".

Teflon
10-24-2010, 03:55 AM
Great job Devs!

On a side note...I'm still amazed at the level of greed exhibited by some of the players in this game. It's not real money so please relax and have fun. Socialize not terrorize :-)

Cheers!

Nouda
10-24-2010, 03:25 PM
ive become much more of a casual player with AO3 not because i dislike it (i like it alot) but i just dont have as much time anymore. for the short time i have played ive seen a lot of good looking items and i dont know what they are called so is it possible to have a picture of the item you are looking at so you know what you are buying.

Jespo
10-24-2010, 09:07 PM
can.....
someone....
say.........
EPIC!!!

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppioiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccc ccccc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Gavry
10-25-2010, 12:47 AM
Love the shop. It's going to make a huge difference to the economy. My only suggestion is as follows:

1. 250 gold flat rate to list
2. 2% of sale price if it sells

Will just encourage more people to list. Especially lower level players with less cash.

Riccits
10-25-2010, 02:07 AM
another idea:

announcements: if i would need a rift armor, i should put an announcemend and the price i would pay (use gold from stash), so if someone wants, can put the item and take cash immediateley.

Duke
10-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Love the shop. It's going to make a huge difference to the economy. My only suggestion is as follows:

1. 250 gold flat rate to list
2. 2% of sale price if it sells

Will just encourage more people to list. Especially lower level players with less cash.

I'd suggest beyond that and allow items to list for free and then just take a fixed percentage (up to say, 5%) of the actual sales price, if it sells. It would encourage people to use the system more, rather than worry about paying fees if their items don't sell.

MoarPewPew
10-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Can we withdraw an item if we no longer wish it to be posted and will that cost a fee?

Futumsh
10-25-2010, 01:57 PM
You can retrieve an item you have put up for sale, which has not already sold any time you want. Retrieving the item doesn't cost a fee (but you've already paid your listing fee, which you do not get back).

MoarPewPew
10-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Thank you for the clarification, also for the filter system for organization of items, would suggest that we can filter items by campaign.

This could allow us to see were the location of the item is and how " rare it is"

Also it tells use were we should got to farm it.

FluffNStuff
10-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Not sure if this was mentioned, but can you change the price while it is active? I assume you could not increase it (unless there was a way to pay more commission), but could you decrease it?

MoarPewPew
10-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Fluff , I assume that you can not, most games make you repost an item. If we could just change the price of an auction we post it makes if so we can undercut anyone with out a fee.

Melange
10-26-2010, 03:53 AM
It would encourage people to use the system more, rather than worry about paying fees if their items don't sell.

I think "punishing" for listing too high is their whole aim.
It's a sort of seller driven auction system, making the sellers bid for competitive price. Try and guess what the maximum sellable price will be.

Will drive most prices down pretty hard I think. Obviously that's what they want.

Inching
10-26-2010, 03:56 AM
I think "punishing" for listing too high is their whole aim.
It's a sort of seller driven auction system, making the sellers bid for competitive price. Try and guess what the maximum sellable price will be.

Will drive most prices down pretty hard I think. Obviously that's what they want.

Can also be a price setter. If I see someone selling something for 500K, I would / can sell the same for the same price and so on.... this way no one can afford anything,. Also, peopls selling items in town would check the store for a price refrence and if they see my item selling at 500K they can also or v close to that...

just looking on the other side of the coin.

setec
10-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Will there be a stash near the CS so that we don't have to switch back and forth between the two Townes?

Justg
10-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Hey folks, a quick head's up on pricing and slots. After a lot of internal discussion, we are going to give everyone one slot. Additional slots can be purchased for 10 plat a piece.

And we are buffing out the fort there to contain a stash as well.

Quint436
10-27-2010, 03:58 PM
each slot should be no more than 1p...this game is soon to become a rip-off of your money. I love this game and it is mind-blowing, but I might have to end up quiting because its gonna cost me more than World of warcraft would cost me all year...just sayin.

Royce
10-27-2010, 04:03 PM
I also think 10 plat per slot seems a bit high and will cause the consignment shop to be somewhat underused. Honestly, I think many players will just use their free slot and stick to yelling out in town to sell the rest of their stuff. I obviously don't know what went on in the dev discussions, and maybe there is a good reason for the pricing, but I think 5p each or 3 for 10p is much more reasonable, and would in the end result in more plat spent on slots.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-27-2010, 04:12 PM
yes it does seem a bit high actualy very high if you think of it.. they have made tons of money instead of origanaly listing this game for 9.99 in the app store or something like that they have charged you like 5 dollars for each map pack and now for this they are making tons of money.. they are smart but that might be there undoing no offense

Justg
10-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Map packs currently range from less than a dollar to two dollars, not 5. We recognize the auction haus pricing is a change, but we thought it would be best to inform you now rather than later.

jonboy
10-27-2010, 06:07 PM
10 plat per slot is a bit rich, can we at least have a bulk option, like 5 slots for 40 plat.

MoarPewPew
10-27-2010, 07:18 PM
I am guessing space time is making a pretty penny at the moment.

But besides that... The client updates are free so we are getting an Auction house / slot free.

I'm happy

FluffNStuff
10-27-2010, 07:50 PM
I have a suggestion, instead of giving every account a free slot, what about include a slot with each dungeon purchase? This will encourage the purchasing of dungeons, and combat the inevitable rush of people creating free accounts just to get extra slots. It would also justify your plan to raise dungeon prices across the board. Only downside i can see is it would require the initial amount of slots given to equal the amount of dungeons an account has purchased, and I don't know how tricky this would be.

Gavry
10-27-2010, 08:09 PM
My advice to players. If you think 10p is to much don't buy them. Nobody is forcing you to do so. I agree the price is a little high though.

Devs, if we do purchase them for 10p each and you later decide that the price was a little too high and reduce it, will we get a refund? I really can't see a lot of people buying more than 1 extra for the price. I think for the feature to work, people need 5 or more slots each. The whole concept relies on people listing items so market forces settle prices. If there are very few sellers, prices will stay at an unnatural high level as they are now.

Necrobane
10-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Providing all of the ideas in the July Road map are eventually gonna come out in game, when mail boxes arrive will we collect our money from autions from them? Also, great work devs :)

Gamelova
10-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Providing all of the ideas in the July Road map are eventually gonna come out in game, when mail boxes arrive will we collect our money from autions from them? Also, great work devs :)

+1 for mailbox cash collection :D

Gamelova
10-27-2010, 08:48 PM
I have a suggestion, instead of giving every account a free slot, what about include a slot with each dungeon purchase? This will encourage the purchasing of dungeons, and combat the inevitable rush of people creating free accounts just to get extra slots. It would also justify your plan to raise dungeon prices across the board. Only downside i can see is it would require the initial amount of slots given to equal the amount of dungeons an account has purchased, and I don't know how tricky this would be.

Maybe into consideration. The campaigns are a bit pricy though already..
*When they first release out.

Justg
10-27-2010, 08:49 PM
can we at least have a bulk option, like 5 slots for 40 plat.

Groups of slots at a discount make a ton of sense :)

Gamelova
10-27-2010, 08:50 PM
i think "punishing" for listing too high is their whole aim.

Will drive most prices down pretty hard i think. Obviously that's what they want.

ty devs and ty melange for dat post! Thats what i exactly want, noobs to lower freaking prices!
Please give a setted price for each item devs :d

Gamelova
10-27-2010, 08:51 PM
40 plat wow...

Gamelova
10-27-2010, 08:51 PM
When will apple accept? I don't wanna wait anymore lol.

giayuan
10-28-2010, 09:13 PM
i couldnt get on -___- appears i missed a lot
when i finally saw this thread today, there were alredy 8 pges of comments haha
i LUV this idea!! cant wait! will be so much easier
wake up in the mornin, post item, come back after school =) check, collect mwahahahaha

Gamelova
10-28-2010, 09:31 PM
i couldnt get on -___- appears i missed a lot
when i finally saw this thread today, there were alredy 8 pges of comments haha
i LUV this idea!! cant wait! will be so much easier
wake up in the mornin, post item, come back after school =) check, collect mwahahahaha

Rofl... That's what Im going to do now, actually was.. lol well now. No, right now! When update comes.
CMON MONDAY GET HERE FOR US PATIENT 1.5 PLAYERS!

Htiek
10-29-2010, 12:19 AM
i think this shop doesnt really big help for the pl community
so we only can auction some rare items, but how to sell the common pinks and semi-rare...
ppls just still stay at towne and spam the trade message

Phoenixking
10-30-2010, 02:17 PM
It's part of the 1.5 app update. So whenever, they finish it, send it to Apple, and it gets approved, we'll see it.
Anyway, sounds pretty cool.
Its already sent it just needs to b approved y do they even need to approve it dont get it but its how it goes

ArrowofLegend
10-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Wondering how much it cost per slot?

Gamelova
10-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Per slot no no no, the devs said possibly 5 slots for 10 plat. And 10 Slots for 20 Plat, Hope dat helps.

Tailless
10-31-2010, 02:16 PM
Hey folks, a quick head's up on pricing and slots. After a lot of internal discussion, we are going to give everyone one slot. Additional slots can be purchased for 10 plat a piece.

Unless they said something different after that post. I'm thinking it will be a small discount if you buy multiple slots. Like 5 slots for 40/45Plat.

Volksy
10-31-2010, 11:24 PM
Can't wait to get ripped off on Plat.

pooop
11-01-2010, 12:08 AM
i said this in another thread and i want to restate it here; why would people pay real money for additional slots with the assumption that more people with more slots = more rares available through consignment shop which then = lower prices for said pink items. basically you are paying real money for lower prices on your in game stuff.
with only 1 slot per person free, in town hawking will remained unchanged for the most part. 3 free slots would make a dent i think. 5 free slots would practically eliminate in town hawking for the most part.

Kossi
11-02-2010, 11:33 AM
im not buying ctf. using it to buy slots :D

Odingrim
11-02-2010, 12:12 PM
I realize the developers are in this to make money, however the continued rising costs are starting to be prohibitive. They do turn out a superior product that I am happy to pay for, but each time something is put into the game it's starting to feel more and more like change is motivated by money first and game superiority second. We already purchase platinum to unlock each zone, as well we should. Now we're purchasing for holiday events.. again I'm good with that. Each time a new area is released, the gear feels like it's specifically tailored to enhance a completely different stat (int/str/dex) and there is nothing even close to equitable in the remaining stat categories.. so we pay to reallot our stat points. Now we're going to pay for each individual slot on an auction house with only 1 free? I agree that this will not eliminate the town hawking, which is the part I was the most excited about.

Again, I most certainly don't mind paying and I enjoy the product. I'm just concerned with what appears to be a distinct trend towards focusing on getting more and more money from the consumer at the expense of what makes sense to easily enhance game playability and enjoyment.

Bludd
11-03-2010, 05:18 PM
0_o. wot he said. /\

Htiek
11-04-2010, 02:10 AM
if 5 slots for 40/45Plat
have a smart way, just buy the character slot for 5 plat then u get 1 free auction slot
so 40/45plat, u get 8-9 slots

knockk
11-04-2010, 11:16 AM
concepts very very similar to this have worked excellently in other mmorpgs and made the games much better...im absolutely thrilled about it and cant wait, thanks devs ill be happy to pay whatever amount for the platinum to buy slots and keep up the awesome work

Lesrider
11-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Ugh no way in he'll I'm paying 10p per slot. Guess I'll just use my one slot and use the shop mainly for buying. This game is getting ridiculously expensive. I'm sure the Magic Mirror won't be cheap either. Starting to regret I got sucked this far into this game.

nick115
11-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Ugh no way in he'll I'm paying 10p per slot. Guess I'll just use my one slot and use the shop mainly for buying. This game is getting ridiculously expensive. I'm sure the Magic Mirror won't be cheap either. Starting to regret I got sucked this far into this game.

agreed... its starting to seem like a joke

Lesrider
11-04-2010, 12:40 PM
I didn't realize when I started this game that it would turn into a cash wormhole. If you don't continue to buy future campaigns then you basically wasted any money you spent on past campaigns, because there's no point in playing without advancing/leveling. But earlier campaigns were 5-10p (I bought plat by the dollar in the beginning, before knowing whether I would continue, and bought each campaign separately because I didn't notice the packages until it was too late -- so it cost me more overall). I paid the 20p for ao3 because I wasn't going to just stare at ao2 when there's nothing left to do there. But I have to wonder, if the devs are so comfortable charging 10p ($2) for just a silly auction slot, what is the price of the next campaign going to be? 50p? It's like a drug -- they know they have us hooked and can keep raising prices. Question is, when do we pull out and cut our losses?

Volksy
11-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Well said Les b

I completely understand paying for value. The DEVS do an AWESOME job constantly updating, but they really do trap us with these prices. A sinkhole indeed.

olmate
11-04-2010, 03:05 PM
When putting an option up for auction will it give you a suggested price of what the item is worth? Or do you just come up with a price of what you hear is going around. Will there be a "Buy it Now" price? haha
Also if you win a bid or an item is sold will you be notified by a message on screen?

Cinco
11-04-2010, 03:11 PM
We do not automatically suggest prices but we do warn you if your asking price is too low (i.e. lower than the fee you have to pay to list the item). A system to suggest prices seems cool but I have doubts that it can keep up with the real market - and I think you'll be better off doing your own research for most things :)

All the prices are basically "buy it now" prices. Pay the asking price and the item is yours.

There is no in-game email system associated with the Consignment Shoppe and no message when your items are sold or when a listing has expired. You will need to return to the shoppe to see the status of your sales.

- Cinco

olmate
11-04-2010, 03:33 PM
cool.
Will there be an option to make an offer?

jonboy
11-04-2010, 04:51 PM
@olmate, no you won't be able to make offers.

Kossi
11-04-2010, 05:17 PM
if 5 slots for 40/45Plat
have a smart way, just buy the character slot for 5 plat then u get 1 free auction slot
so 40/45plat, u get 8-9 slots

i pray this will lower the prices to 5p! and i pray the magic mirror is free? if not, then WTH

Dip
11-04-2010, 06:32 PM
i cant understand ppl that complain about paying.. nothing is free in thsi world buddy... no money to pay? well quit.. or save up.. 5 bucks isnt even enough for a meal...

Devs keep up the good work.. its definitely a thumbs up!!

Lesrider
11-04-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm not complaining about having to pay. I'm complaining about the climbing prices.

Gaabob
11-04-2010, 07:04 PM
My guess as to why devs are raising prices is that they are running out of money. PL might make several thousand a day (prob not, but lets just say so), however they also have to pay themselves and pay for equipment and they need money to keep the PL studios in shape. You must remember that PL was started on the wallets of 6 dudes (and maybe some left over money from their last project). By now I am sure that even with the padding from PL and investors that the ratio between input of money and quick dribbling of money out the barrel is not balanced, and they need more. Just my thoughts

Lesrider
11-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Well if they're not making enough money, charging more than people are willing to pay is not the way to make money. And I highly doubt that's the case -- just look how many people out their are using plat for just about anything -- equip, costume rentals, Respecs. Just look around you. Even if I refuse to spend more than necessary on this game, plenty of people are throwing money at them. It is a game for god's sake -- you should pay to play it, fine, but it should be reasonable.

Snakespeare
11-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I suppose of you are from a different country than USA, then you might not understand us. In America we charge the highest price people will pay. If they don't pay because it is too high, we lower prices, but if they gladly pay we Americans think we must not be charging enough. It is called capitalism. I don't really endorse it, but I accept it as a fact of life.

Lesrider
11-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Actually, I live in NY, born and raised. But I don't throw my money around like most people.

Vyxxen
11-04-2010, 11:13 PM
This will be great for me. I don't have time to play all day so it will be great to actually sell some stuff hopefully.

Volksy
11-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Brooklyn here ;)

jonboy
11-05-2010, 12:09 AM
I thought you guys in the US, spent all your money.....no wait that's right your going to print another 600 billion. :) jokes.

Htiek
11-05-2010, 01:25 AM
if lower the price to 5p for 1 slot
it seems buy character slot for 5p more effective
the price must under 4-5p, best is 1-2p for 1 slot
if 1 slot for 1p, i though i will buy 50 slots at least :D

addiekai
11-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Well technically, people who will use the CS will be the power players, considering the amount of stuff they have accumulated so far.

Making it accessible to the "non-paying" population will definitely help the economy of the game. Make it both low plat, and high gold cost for using the CS.

It's a win-win situation. People with plat can sell their stuff, and people without plat can sell their item too.

Addicted
11-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Awsome! I hate standing around forest haven trying to buy and sell... I just want to play. Great update!

BlueStarBurst14
11-06-2010, 05:09 AM
Awsome! I hate standing around forest haven trying to buy and sell... I just want to play. Great update!

Yes, I agree. It can be very annoying, trying to sell things by shouting "Selling INT pinks" ect.

gwippy
11-06-2010, 05:13 AM
DEVS you must lower the price or many people will be making new accounts to try and scam the system

BlueStarBurst14
11-06-2010, 07:52 AM
I will buy slots, no matter the price. You're right though, many may try, but many may also just buy it.

Htiek
11-10-2010, 01:11 AM
75p for 10 slots now, 7.5p = 1 slot
so the good way is buy character slot for 5p and u get a free 1 auction slot
15 characters = 75p and 15 slots, and u get more fun with new characters

Cheah
11-10-2010, 02:21 AM
75p for 10 slots now, 7.5p = 1 slot
so the good way is buy character slot for 5p and u get a free 1 auction slot
15 characters = 75p and 15 slots, and u get more fun with new characters

R u sure one extra character give u one free auction slot? U try it b4?

Htiek
11-10-2010, 02:39 AM
i tried already, bought 2 new character slots
and got 2 free auction slots

Cheah
11-10-2010, 03:40 AM
i tried already, bought 2 new character slots
and got 2 free auction slots

Yep. I tried too:) cheaper way. Nice

jonboy
11-10-2010, 03:46 AM
But you still have to jib around and login and out all the tone right?

Htiek
11-10-2010, 11:28 PM
@jonboy
yes, just login and logout to list item
if u want access stash then u need finish first 3 quests

Riccits
11-11-2010, 03:07 AM
what i saw in market is that are too much pinks for the ppl.. market is is overflowded with "ao2"-pinks for example and the "junk"-pinks of ao3. prices of 1-2k makes totally impossible to sell.... market shows now real value of items.. most of pinks (iam sure for horus and osiris) will be liquidated in future..

its fine to find all the lower lvl pinks there, but i think ppl buy rareley buy some of them at those prices, so when u post a item, i dont think that in 4h will happen much... leveling guys wont pay so much for them...

some guys sells greens for some hundrets k... or sells a alien staff fate for over 100k... lol..

i didnt sold anything yep... thers to much stuff in there at dumping prices...

that are my impressions

Gamelova
11-11-2010, 03:42 PM
No its not I earned 2k from a lvl 50 pink but I thought that was cheap but in your opinion its not..

Gamelova
11-11-2010, 03:43 PM
what i saw in market is that are too much pinks for the ppl.. market is is overflowded with "ao2"-pinks for example and the "junk"-pinks of ao3. prices of 1-2k makes totally impossible to sell.... market shows now real value of items.. most of pinks (iam sure for horus and osiris) will be liquidated in future..

its fine to find all the lower lvl pinks there, but i think ppl buy rareley buy some of them at those prices, so when u post a item, i dont think that in 4h will happen much... leveling guys wont pay so much for them...

some guys sells greens for some hundrets k... or sells a alien staff fate for over 100k... lol..

i didnt sold anything yep... thers to much stuff in there at dumping prices...

that are my impressions

Yes I agree most of the good stuff if over-priced with these people being greedy and all I mean seriously I can't even buy a iron sword for 5 gold lol. Jk lol..

Michaelturenn
11-13-2010, 01:45 PM
* The wastelands
The wasteland would be a large open valley where new players and veterans could play together in one place. In the wastelands there would be rouges,theifs and out laws. so its kinda like the wild west. and you could just free roam this place killing animals and hunting wanted theifs and getting a reward so it would be like finding a boss killign it and getting a reward. There would be differnt sections for differnt level players . so one setion would be 10-15 then 15-20 then 20-25 then 25 to 30 then 40 to 50. in thsi place everyoen wouldt be in a party you would have to invite people into your group then go about hunting anaimals and theifs. Also if you made this place you could have events like horse races and other stuff. i think the watelands shoudl be like 20 platinum because its a big place and would be LOADS of fun. if you amde this i would play alot again. Please make this i think it would be a real good thing for the game and you would make loads of money

Estraz
12-26-2010, 03:25 AM
The auction house is amazing, I'm glad it was added to Pocket Legends.

Ravenous
12-27-2010, 08:01 AM
My two biggest complaints about CS:

1. A lot of the items lists the level wrong when searching.
2. If no items match the filtered criteria, it should state that rather than just being blank. (You cannot tell if it is loading vs an empty search)

Hopefully these can be fixed soon. :)

Estraz
12-27-2010, 08:01 PM
I second Ravenous' opinion.

martokro
04-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Cinco wrote in the initial annoucement of the Balefort Castle consignment shop AKA the auction house:

The Shoppe will take 1% of your asking price when you list the item.

Actually the shoppe takes much more than 1% of the asking price per item sale!

I just put an item up for sale for 1050 gold. 1% of 1050 gold item sale price would only be 10-11 gold!
- which I think would be a fair amount for the auction to take per attempt to sell item
- if selling in auction is not to be made totally free for all items
- because it cost platinum to buy 5 additional auction slots, I really think it should not cost money per item sale also!

Immediately before I put that single item up for sale, I checked my inventory and had 16422 gold in my inventory, after putting item up for sale I only have 15577 gold left
- this makes a difference of 845 gold for an item of 1050 gold, which actually amounts to 80.5% of the item sale price!

I.e. the auction shop just robbed my inventory of 835-845 gold for an item - that if I'm lucky anyone buy it within the 3 days limit
- will only give me a surplus of 215 gold, instead of the 1040 I expected from what was written by Cinco, the auction taking 1% of item sale price only!

If my item is NOT bought within the 3 days limit so I'll have to put it up for sale twice for the same price (others take around same amount for same item, which is not a lot)
- I'll probably be giving the auction 2* 845 = 1690, for an item sold for only 1050, if I'm "lucky" selling it in 2nd try ..

THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT, I presume?! - that I'll end up paying the shoppe way more than the selling price, just for trying to sell my item twice ????

Riccits
04-04-2011, 07:51 AM
this system is ok so to avoid itmes beeing inserted overpriced, so everyone have to insert the stuff to a price that will sell to not loose insert costs!
its a rip off but if this wouldnt be so, prices of itmes would be higher!
the CS saves me hours of time wich i would need to spend to sell in town... so iam ok with the costs.
insert items at 1k or lower doesnt pay anyway... sometimes would be better liquidate it..

kallima
04-04-2011, 07:51 AM
The cost of posting an item for auction increases in accordance with the duration it is listed. A 10k item costs 200 gold to be listed for the minimum 3 hours (2%) and increases with the amount of time the seller chooses. It does clearly list your cost below the price you input. Typically I don't list anything over 23 hours unless it's an item of extreme rarity, and I rarely use the 23 hours unless it's an item that has lots of competition. It usually only takes 3-11 hours for me to sell an item.

If the cost annoys you you can sell the way so many, including myself do, announcing it in Towne, typically Balefort.

Also, the minimum cost to list an item is at least 100 gold.

Lesrider
04-04-2011, 07:56 AM
While I agree the listing fees are a bit over-the-top for lower priced items, it does tell you before you list it how much it will cost. If I saw it was going to cost that much to list my cheap item, I wouldn't bother with it. Also, I never put anything in for more than 12 (11) hours. If it doesn't sell in that amount of time, it's likely too high a price or just nor worth buying.

I agree, items 1k or under should be free (or almost free) to list to make it worth listing instead of just liquidating.
But until something like that happens, look at the fee before you list! You might want to try posting those cheap items on the forum or advertising in town instead of using the CS.

Redbridge
04-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Here ya go

"List
Price" 3hrs % 11hrs % 23hrs % 3days %
1000 110 11% 260 26% 510 51.0% 1010 101.0%
2000 120 6.0% 270 13.5%520 26.0% 1020 51.0%
3000 130 4.3% 280 9.3% 530 17.7% 1030 34.3%
4000 140 3.5% 290 7.3% 540 13.5% 1040 26.0%
5000 150 3.0% 300 6.0% 550 11.0% 1050 21.0%
10000 200 2.0% 350 3.5% 600 6.0% 1100 11.0%
15000 250 1.7% 400 2.7% 650 4.3% 1150 7.7%
20000 300 1.5% 450 2.3% 700 3.5% 1200 6.0%
25000 350 1.4% 500 2.0% 750 3.0% 1250 5.0%
30000 400 1.3% 550 1.8% 800 2.7% 1300 4.3%
35000 450 1.3% 600 1.7% 850 2.4% 1350 3.9%
40000 500 1.3% 650 1.6% 900 2.3% 1400 3.5%
45000 550 1.2% 700 1.6% 950 2.1% 1450 3.2%
50000 600 1.2% 750 1.5% 1000 2.0% 1500 3.0%
55000 650 1.2% 800 1.5% 1050 1.9% 1550 2.8%
60000 700 1.2% 850 1.4% 1100 1.8% 1600 2.7%
65000 750 1.2% 900 1.4% 1150 1.8% 1650 2.5%
70000 800 1.1% 950 1.4% 1200 1.7% 1700 2.4%
75000 850 1.1% 1000 1.3% 1250 1.7% 1750 2.3%
80000 900 1.1% 1050 1.3% 1300 1.6% 1800 2.3%
85000 950 1.1% 1100 1.3% 1350 1.6% 1850 2.2%
90000 1000 1.1% 1150 1.3% 1400 1.6% 1900 2.1%
95000 1050 1.1% 1200 1.3% 1450 1.5% 1950 2.1%
100000 1100 1.1% 1250 1.3% 1500 1.5% 2000 2.0%
110000 1200 1.1% 1350 1.2% 1600 1.5% 2100 1.9%
120000 1300 1.1% 1450 1.2% 1700 1.4% 2200 1.8%
130000 1400 1.1% 1550 1.2% 1800 1.4% 2300 1.8%
140000 1500 1.1% 1650 1.2% 1900 1.4% 2400 1.7%
150000 1600 1.1% 1750 1.2% 2000 1.3% 2500 1.7%
200000 2100 1.1% 2250 1.1% 2500 1.3% 3000 1.5%
250000 2600 1.0% 2750 1.1% 3000 1.2% 3500 1.4%
300000 3100 1.0% 3250 1.1% 3500 1.2% 4000 1.3%
350000 3600 1.0% 3750 1.1% 4000 1.1% 4500 1.3%

Ellyidol
04-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Basing from those numbers, the reason why it seems more than 1% is because of the duration cost, no?

So lower priced, listed items cost "more" to list because your paying the duration cost rather than the actual 1%?

kallima
04-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Basing from those numbers, the reason why it seems more than 1% is because of the duration cost, no?

So lower priced, listed items cost "more" to list because your paying the duration cost rather than the actual 1%?

Hmmm, was that rhetorical? I hope not, because I'm gonna answer, yes! But the minimum listing price begins at 100gold and you're still paying a percentage of the amount at which you've chosen to list it.

Kalielle
04-04-2011, 08:15 AM
Wow Redbridge. Nice data!

This confirms the impression I always got when listing: the lower priced the item, the more expensive it is to list it for a long time. I think it makes sense to have it that way. The devs probably don't want the store cluttered all the time with tons of 1k items listed for days. High-priced items are not that many so they don't clutter the store so much, plus it's more understandable that you'd need a few days to find a buyer for an item that costs several hundred k.

Ellyidol
04-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Hmmm, was that rhetorical? I hope not, because I'm gonna answer, yes! But the minimum listing price begins at 100gold and you're still paying a percentage of the amount at which you've chosen to list it.

Nope, not rhetorical at all. Wouldn't wanna assume "easy" knowledge only to be wrong later :P

Thanks!

Nightarcher
04-04-2011, 10:21 AM
1. There is a minimum cut the cs takes regardless of the price.

2. The cut increases as the price increases. Around a 1% cut, but it decreases slightly as the price goes up.

3. There is a relatively constant fee for upgrading the time listing of an item.

This is demonstrated in Redbridge's data quite nicely. It accounts for the apparent large cut for low-cost items, as well as the fact that putting expensive items up for 3 days doesn't seem to cost much more than 3 hours. The upgrading cost increases very litle, if at all, in relation to the item price. :)

GarrettMickley
04-07-2011, 07:39 AM
I just came back to the game. This is awesome, can't wait to check it out!

martokro
04-09-2011, 04:53 AM
Cinco did not write about minimum listing fee afair.
You write that cost of listing item is shown .. But Ive never seen any price announced for listing an item in CS on my Android phone.
May be different for iphone?

For using the stash there is a button "how does it work" ... I miss a detailed description for how the consignment store / auction works.
Because I didnt know how it works, my gold have been drained heavily by listing low priced items for 3 days and repeating it when item wasnt sold (most were lousy Ao pinks).

Devs please add description on how it works, and the cost of listing so it shows before hitting the list item button.

With the prices taken it is easy to understand why ppl continue to "yell" in towne, and even during play - which I find particularly.disturbing - and clutter up this forum with messages trying to selling stuff ... All in order to avoid having to pay the too large CS fee.
Would be nice to trade only during auction, imo.

Rare
04-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Not sure if this has already been posted in here or anywhere else. Long thread don't have so much time to read it all.

Has anyone thought about putting in "wanted adds". Basically the opposite of what we have now where people deposit money that they would be willing to pay for an item. Then if a seller comes by and wants to sell their item, they can do so.

Apostar
04-28-2011, 02:57 PM
That's not a bad idea; it just someone putting money up for an item that might cause concern. For instance one person might want to sell their item at 50,000 and someone else at 100,000. How is the person who wants the item to know how much they should deposit?

tonygmoney
04-30-2011, 02:56 PM
wait i dont understand so the difference between the original market which by your description is the same thing. only difference is that players get to bid on the item instead of putting a price on it and the highest bidder wins the item??

Elementron
11-18-2011, 07:49 PM
I am SO excited, but one problem... It's already exists.. lol AND WHAT HAPPENED TO ONE WEEK OPTION!!!??? Now the highest option is only 3 days...

mugen
11-18-2011, 07:56 PM
I am SO excited, but one problem... It's already exists.. lol AND WHAT HAPPENED TO ONE WEEK OPTION!!!??? Now the highest option is only 3 days...

Look when this thread was made lol

Sent from my 3G Cellosarus using Tapatalk

Fao
11-19-2011, 05:10 PM
! slot costs too much..... but i bought them anyways thx a lot!

Phoenixking
11-19-2011, 05:13 PM
I am SO excited, but one problem... It's already exists.. lol AND WHAT HAPPENED TO ONE WEEK OPTION!!!??? Now the highest option is only 3 days...You should really watch the dates lmao before this there was never such thing as a cs we had to 'yell' and go trade lah blha blah i hated that and i couldnt find the regular price for stuff and it was really easy to scam lol

Elementron
11-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Look when this thread was made lol

Sent from my 3G Cellosarus using Tapatalk
lol TRUE!!! It was made in prehistoric times!!!