PDA

View Full Version : Realm of Shadows: First Look at New Mythics and Map

Samhayne
07-16-2013, 04:00 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21179&d=1354820422

In the coming Realm of Shadows expansion for Arcane Legends existing Mythic Armor and Mythic Helmets will have a rather involved questline to upgrade them. Below is a first look at how the upgraded Mythic Armor and Helm will look. The still screenshots don't really do it justice, as the armor has a cool crackling lightning effect. Also, there are Achievements involved in this quest, with the final one for acquiring the upgraded Mythic Helm and Armor granting a title of "The Hero of Legend" Which, if I say so myself, is a pretty cool title.

In order to start this questline, you will need to have the current level 26 Mythic Helm from Kraken Isles Elite Gold Pirate Chests and Locked Grand Crates of the Watch and the level 31 Mythic Armor that come from Nordr Elite Gold Warchests and Locked Grand Crates of the Watch.

Something else that you will be seeing on live soon is the new map. Here is a shot of it:

That's it for now. Over the coming weeks we will be revealing more details about the Realm of Shadows expansion. Be sure to follow us here on the Official Arcane Legends Forums and on the Arcane Legends Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ArcaneLegends) and G+ (https://plus.google.com/117906712780811671318) pages.

Drearivev
07-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Cool!

Limsi
07-16-2013, 04:13 PM
awesome armor

Zuzeq
07-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Awesomeness...that is all....

Dragonrider023
07-16-2013, 04:36 PM
pure awesomess! but lets not forgot our other buddies (PL, SL, and DL)

Rare
07-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Wow

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Jcyee
07-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Wow. I like the new colors!

Zeus
07-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Omg, my rogue is going to look awesome with those mythics! Cool! :)

Aracnus
07-16-2013, 05:12 PM
pure awesomess! but lets not forgot our other buddies (PL, SL, and DL)

+1 Man! I completely agree with that statement :encouragement:

These armors do look pretty good though, i just need leveled

inkredible
07-16-2013, 05:14 PM
wow sexyness

Soundlesskill
07-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Achiv for upgrading?! With arcane achiv and this one i won't ever make it to lb.. Pff

Zeus
07-16-2013, 05:26 PM
Achiv for upgrading?! With arcane achiv and this one i won't ever make it to lb.. Pff

Leaderboards do require challenges... :p

djironlung
07-16-2013, 05:44 PM
nice looking great I'm psyched I hope the quest is actually attainable and not a ghost hunt like the challenger or bael

Haowesie
07-16-2013, 06:18 PM
will the upgraded mythics become non tradeable? also, i'm assuming if it can be traded that people will not get achievement through the trade?

JaytB
07-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Awesome screenshots, love the look!

Helicopter
07-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Well need a Mythic to start the questline? Gawd. Correct me if Im wrong :Poo

kn3t91
07-16-2013, 07:47 PM
new arcane pet for this update ..?

Darko
07-16-2013, 09:00 PM
new arcane pet for this update ..?

They need to make the current arcane pets, "arcane" before releasing another.... mythics look great

KingFu
07-16-2013, 09:09 PM
They're meh

Samhayne
07-16-2013, 09:31 PM
will the upgraded mythics become non tradeable? also, i'm assuming if it can be traded that people will not get achievement through the trade?

Correct. Upgraded Mythics become non-tradeable.

Slcinuup
07-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Looks amazing.

Rajnikanth
07-16-2013, 10:51 PM
omg. i cant buy mythic set.

Rajnikanth
07-16-2013, 10:52 PM

oh. is this a bad sign for merch ppl?

drawfflerz
07-17-2013, 01:07 AM
aweeesooomeeee

Valsacar
07-17-2013, 03:57 AM
Well need a Mythic to start the questline? Gawd. Correct me if Im wrong :Poo

You are wrong, you need TWO mythics to start the quest line for UPGRADING TWO MYTHICS.

chitgoks
07-17-2013, 04:11 AM
lol, now ppl are going to scramble for these mythics

James Arcega Andres
07-17-2013, 05:46 AM
wow

Soundlesskill
07-17-2013, 05:57 AM
Leaderboards do require challenges... :p

Or a lot of money

ZeroGh
07-17-2013, 06:09 AM
THE HERO OF LEGEND :cool:

Haligali
07-17-2013, 06:48 AM

It may be early, but what if after 2 expansion later lvl48 they will become useless, then the upgrade is just a waste of money?

kn3t91
07-17-2013, 07:06 AM
agree with you.. mythic pet more useful..

Cero
07-17-2013, 08:37 AM

Please reconsider mythics to be tradeable.

juaki
07-17-2013, 08:49 AM
Please reconsider mythics to be tradeable.

Mythics will be tradeable, but not the upgraded ones. You could get the actual ones by locked or trade and do the quest for upgrading. It seems simply and I am happy with de decission. Thanks to STS.

drgrimmy
07-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Looks awesome, but personally I think a little lame that you are excluding a large percentage of al players from participating in a quest line and what sounds like multiple (not just one) achievements. It seems as though it would be smarter and more fun for all if everyone was able to participate in the quest line receiving a non tradeable item (eg a token) at the end of the quest line required to upgrade the mythic armor and helm. This way everyone would be able to enjoy participating in the quest line, would get most of the achievements in the quest line, but only those with mythic helm and armor would be able to upgrade them to get the final achievement. Furthermore, for those that do not currently have the helm and armor, they can do the quest line and save the non tradeable item/token for a future date when they do get the helm and armor to upgrade them. Just my two cents to keep everyone in the game happy and excited about the new content, but still giving those currently with mythic armor and helm something extra to distinguish themselves.

wvhills
07-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Looks awesome, but personally I think a little lame that you are excluding a large percentage of al players from participating in a quest line and what sounds like multiple (not just one) achievements. It seems as though it would be smarter and more fun for all if everyone was able to participate in the quest line receiving a non tradeable item (eg a token) at the end of the quest line required to upgrade the mythic armor and helm. This way everyone would be able to enjoy participating in the quest line, would get most of the achievements in the quest line, but only those with mythic helm and armor would be able to upgrade them to get the final achievement. Furthermore, for those that do not currently have the helm and armor, they can do the quest line and save the non tradeable item/token for a future date when they do get the helm and armor to upgrade them. Just my two cents to keep everyone in the game happy and excited about the new content, but still giving those currently with mythic armor and helm something extra to distinguish themselves.

that sounds like a great idea to me.

Carapace
07-17-2013, 09:32 AM

Upgraded Mythic set will not be trade-able, and can only be completed through the quest chain once per character. Multiple characters can acquire them on the same account however.

Carapace
07-17-2013, 09:37 AM

This is an interesting idea, and we will likely discuss it internally. Thanks!

As for the achievements mentioned, there is only an achievement for completing the mythic armors set and not for completing the questline, or parts of the quest line that are not already obtainable outside of the questline.

tootallll
07-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Is the only way to get the new cap armor/helm myths through an upgrade?

Darko
07-17-2013, 10:30 AM

As for the achievements mentioned, there is only an achievement for completing the mythic armors set and not for completing the questline, or parts of the quest line that are not already obtainable outside of the questline.

I like that idea grimmy....I'm loving the story line for items though....pl had the best quest for items that took forever to get it (dsrk/shadow equip) I think this opens possibilities in the future...I'd like to see an epic quest and u get three options per class to choose from at the end of quest (morr variety of end game gear) like I mean epic quest. . Kill final elite boss 100 times, gather 1000 ice crystals, kill bael 10 times, etc)I think if u made a hard quest like this with a guaranteed end game gear would be awesome......I'd like to see more variety though, all end gamers look the same....should be 5-10 items that could all be end game...also since we had achievements for season 1 pets, and season two pets....when will we introduce achievments for level 3 and 4 pets??? Could pets get new skills at lvl 30 as well , lastly woth how many kills prople get how about achievment for 100k pve kills

JaytB
07-17-2013, 01:03 PM
How to we need to view the new lvl36 Mythics? As a completely new Mythic set, meaning it would be the best during lv36 and lv41 caps, or are they going to be treated like lv31 Mythics, meaning they'd be outclassed by lv41 legendaries?

Darko
07-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Carapace, how does this upgrade those who have multipke mythic sets, for example if I have three warrior mythic sets and do quest, d oes it makr all three untradeable or just one set??? Need to know for selling purposes

wvhills
07-17-2013, 02:51 PM
How to we need to view the new lvl36 Mythics? As a completely new Mythic set, meaning it would be the best during lv36 and lv41 caps, or are they going to be treated like lv31 Mythics, meaning they'd be outclassed by lv41 legendaries?

Are there even going to be new mythics, if so I'd like to know if the level 36 mythics are going to be better or worse than the upgraded level 31 mythics. If they are then i won't even buy the 31's and save my money to get the 36's. But then again if level 31's are still going to drop from crates/elite golden chests then where will level 36 ones drop from? I know when I'm level 36 I wouldn't want a level 31 mythic dropping from chest if there are level 36 mythics available. Esp if everyone will be level 36 and won't want level 31's anymore.

Or are u calling the upgraded level 31 mythics the level 36 mythics or do u think they'll be brand new mythic items that are level 36 without having been upgraded from level 31?

Carapace
07-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Carapace, how does this upgrade those who have multipke mythic sets, for example if I have three warrior mythic sets and do quest, d oes it makr all three untradeable or just one set??? Need to know for selling purposes

I have tested and confirmed that it will only remove and replace 1 of however many of the relevant mythic pieces you have (for your class, as you cannot create one of another class).

IE if you're a sorcerer with 3 Vili helms, it will upgrade 1 and you will still have 2 left in your inventory, in addition to the new helm

JaytB
07-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Are there even going to be new mythics, if so I'd like to know if the level 36 mythics are going to be better or worse than the upgraded level 31 mythics. If they are then i won't even buy the 31's and save my money to get the 36's. But then again if level 31's are still going to drop from crates/elite golden chests then where will level 36 ones drop from? I know when I'm level 36 I wouldn't want a level 31 mythic dropping from chest if there are level 36 mythics available. Esp if everyone will be level 36 and won't want level 31's anymore.

Or are u calling the upgraded level 31 mythics the level 36 mythics or do u think they'll be brand new mythic items that are level 36 without having been upgraded from level 31?

I meant the current mythics after they get upgraded to lvl 36.

MfKaz
07-17-2013, 03:53 PM
OMG! That Mythic armour is banging! *Sigh* if only it was available for Levels 25 +.

FluffNStuff
07-17-2013, 05:01 PM

The lower level items remain trade able until they are crafted, which means they are ~shareable~. This means that a) Guilds can share Mythics to get quests (not so bad) and b) Players will share Mythics and get them stolen (CS Nightmare). If you don't make it open to everyone to enter, make sure players don't even have the OPTION of "oh, can I just borrow to check it out".

Energizeric
07-17-2013, 07:07 PM
I really don't like the idea of these items not being tradeable. Right now most of my net worth is invested in these items. If I craft them and they become non-tradeable, then I'm basically broke and starting over again to save money. I guess the only positive here is that I won't have to buy armor or helm during this campaign (or maybe the next one if I'm lucky), so maybe I can manage to save up some gold.

drgrimmy
07-17-2013, 07:13 PM
If they are not tradeable will they at least be stashable so you can transfer them to a twink under the same account down the line when they become obsolete for end game use?

Energizeric
07-17-2013, 07:29 PM
If they are not tradeable will they at least be stashable so you can transfer them to a twink under the same account down the line when they become obsolete for end game use?

At a minimum they should allow this. But I would still like to see them be tradeable. But I do agree with only allowing one quest per toon. So if you decide to sell your upgraded mythic set, make sure you don't want another one or you're going to have to buy or trade for it as you cannot create another. I think that would be the best solution.

crazyangle03
07-17-2013, 08:13 PM
So after Upgrading, the Helm and Armor will be Soul-bounded to your character.. so which means in the future cap (lvl41) this soul bounded mythics (lvl31) will continue to be upgraded.. and locked crates will still drop those 26 and 31 armors and everything will be upgraded in the future.. hhhmmmmmm

The Value of Helm(26) and Armor(31) will definitely increase a lot on this Update because of this Soul Bound idea. but i think soul bound is good for both parties.

sherentsoj
07-17-2013, 10:18 PM
Rogue is good =))нαнαнα=))

Sent from my Arcane Legends account Sherent

mokdaddd
07-17-2013, 10:27 PM
i love the whole thing about the expansion seems thats going to be hard to get on lb again and the questline wont be easy but the non-tradable armor's and helm's good and not good for some ppl its good others will get to lose gold its ok with me like energizeric and start over collecting gold but still loving the idea hope its soon the expansion cant wait thank you :)

Energizeric
07-17-2013, 11:42 PM
.. so which means in the future cap (lvl41) this soul bounded mythics (lvl31) will continue to be upgraded..

No, it will only be upgraded this once. After that you will have to find different armor in future expansions.

mokdaddd
07-18-2013, 12:24 AM
this future expansion will change everything makes it better i liked the whole idea from this also ppl should start thinking and easy to make profit gold now from that expansion its not about losing gold now its about getting u need to find the idea only thats it for all who think they will lose gold on that expansion and im great-full for sts to be creative for these idea's :) waiting for more to hear ..

uiscabu
07-18-2013, 12:32 AM
beauty ;-)

Origin
07-18-2013, 03:16 AM
Very nice. However if these are going to be untradeable, how bout creating a quest to "unlock" them :) u can always up the stakes by still limiting each toon so they can do the upgrade quest just once. At least this way, u don't shut merches out completely.

Grimmy's token idea is good! :)

Kostral
07-18-2013, 03:37 AM
They need to make the current arcane pets, "arcane" before releasing another.... mythics look great

totally agree...

That hammerjaw have same stats of malison when we buff it for 8 sec..

for me and some of players hammerjaw + arcane ability = malison ... then why payin so huge amount of golds or real money to drop em from crates..

hope staffs will add some boots em or reconsider their future whit some diff. abilities.

juaki
07-18-2013, 03:59 AM
I'm agree with kostral last post. Glacian maybe upgraded, like hammerjaw.

Zanpakuto
07-18-2013, 04:31 AM
Making these untradabble opens a can of worms. If they are untradabble how many expansions before they become outclassed by legendaries? Please give us the option to trade them and do the quest more than once if you're planning for these items to get frozen at 36. That's a lot of gold for just twink items!

Perhaps in 41 expansion you can sacrifice these into a gem to upgrade arcane weapons!

Daddyblu
07-18-2013, 04:56 AM
upgraded mythic set will not be trade-able, and can only be completed through the quest chain once per character. Multiple characters can acquire them on the same account however.

this is great! If ever you get hack! They cant trade the items you earned lol!

Aziiii
07-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Can't wait to see the new quests and maps and.....ughh all :))) These are all good ideeas SO pllss hurry up :)))

Instanthumor
07-18-2013, 08:32 AM
Some ppl are just sooo dang rich....

perc85
07-18-2013, 10:32 AM
well i cant wait for new map but i must say as for new gear, all the money u guys make off this game they did not put much thought into it, all they did was render it a different color, really, thats kinda lame, nothing exciting about that really, was expecting a new cool *** look or something, spend a day making decent looking armor not 20 minutes of color rendering

Deadprezz
07-18-2013, 12:49 PM
looks awesome! CAN'T WAIT!

PotatoDog
07-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Woww! Cant wait to wear em!

Thomas Horne
07-18-2013, 10:33 PM
so you need the very expensive mystic armor to even do the quest? i find that very stupid not worth any of it

Norris Neo Dicaprio
07-18-2013, 11:32 PM
yuhuuuuu............i like it..
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Energizeric
07-19-2013, 01:06 AM
all the money u guys make off this game they did not put much thought into it, all they did was render it a different color, really, thats kinda lame, nothing exciting about that really

Well what did you expect a gear upgrade to look like? Were you expecting the upgraded gear would look like totally different gear? If so, then it wouldn't be an upgrade but would be totally new and different gear. This is an upgrade and should look like they took the original and improved it. It should still resemble the original.

Kycus
07-19-2013, 01:41 AM
Looks awe-mazing...too bad im not that rich to open locked

MGirl
07-19-2013, 02:45 AM
Kinda reminds me of decorated Rune Armor from Runescape. :o
Nevertheless, looks great!

~MGirl

Robhawk
07-19-2013, 06:26 AM
God bless i read this thread - so ill not buy the myth sorc helm and save my gold! TY! :D

edit: I just wonder how many players in AL have myth helm AND myth armor... so this questline is for max 5% of all AL-players? Not that desirable...

SNAGARD
07-19-2013, 01:39 PM
But does the soul bound mythics or upgraded mythics have equivalent stats to the 36 mythic helm and armor you find from drops

Carapace
07-19-2013, 02:01 PM
But does the soul bound mythics or upgraded mythics have equivalent stats to the 36 mythic helm and armor you find from drops

It will be based off of the current benefits of the Mythic armor, but more on par for being a mythic of level 36 requirement.

JaytB
07-19-2013, 02:16 PM
It will be based off of the current benefits of the Mythic armor, but more on par for being a mythic of level 36 requirement.

Does that mean they will be the best for the cap of their release (lv36 cap) and the next one (41), as described by you guys in the mythic item plan? Or will 41 legendaries have better stats?

Zanpakuto
07-19-2013, 02:45 PM

To me, there's no real incentive to sacrifice 10M gold just for eventual twink items that you can't even sell. I hope you guys really reconsider making these untradable. I can't believe you guys buffed the arcane pets. Actually u can't believe the arcane pets without doing anything to the arcane weapons! I no longer wish to buy the maul for my b day haha

Carapace
07-19-2013, 04:07 PM
The pets had a significant drop off compared to each other in terms of stats, and with the addition of this buff it brings them a bit closer together. This was deemed appropriate since they are all still as rare as each other now as they were then, and they also level up and progress with the character as companions and not as items.

abihakim
07-19-2013, 04:37 PM
To me, there's no real incentive to sacrifice 10M gold just for eventual twink items that you can't even sell. I hope you guys really reconsider making these untradable.

Need a clear answer for this

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Carapace
07-19-2013, 05:12 PM

The intent is to have the upgraded set character bound upon upgrading. Non-tradeable. in the future, (lvl 41, 46, etc) we may at that point decide to allow players to openly trade them. During the upcoming expansion/level cap we will not be making them tradeable.

Energizeric
07-20-2013, 09:05 PM

Nobody is going to want to trade them during the coming 36 cap as you would be unable to get another set. At a later point (maybe at the 46 cap) I would guess if enough people express the desire to trade them, STS will make them tradeable at that point. I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't.

They just want to avoid some problems at the 36 cap. If they were tradeable then people would sell them, then realize they couldn't make a second set and then rage. There would be all kinds of stuff going on. Some people would not do the quest and would just buy them instead.....

STS wants everyone who wants the items to do this quest. This will also be good for the economy as it will create more demand for the level 26 mythic helms and level 31 mythic armors, since every time you upgrade a set it disappears from the market. So it will create new demand, boost the prices, and thus more people will be compelled to open crates -- something that helps STS raise revenue.

I see their motives for doing it this way on multiple levels. But I would guess later on we will be able to trade them.

abihakim
07-21-2013, 02:31 AM
The intent is to have the upgraded set character bound upon upgrading. Non-tradeable. in the future, (lvl 41, 46, etc) we may at that point decide to allow players to openly trade them. During the upcoming expansion/level cap we will not be making them tradeable.

Hmm okay.
At least I know that they will not gonna obsolete junk in my inventory when 41 cap coming

Zanety
07-21-2013, 10:19 AM
I bought one mythic amor from my friend.can it be upgraded?.???

Zanety
07-21-2013, 10:19 AM

Zanpakuto
07-21-2013, 03:53 PM
The pets had a significant drop off compared to each other in terms of stats, and with the addition of this buff it brings them a bit closer together. This was deemed appropriate since they are all still as rare as each other now as they were then, and they also level up and progress with the character as companions and not as items

Aren't arcane weapons just as rare though? I mean might as well stop making arcane weapons drop past their peak performance era. Imagine at 46 expansion someone loots a maul from a crate only to find out they can't use it beyond twinking because the stats are surpassed by the best pinks. What incentive is there to strive for Arcane status hammers then? If ARCANE pets can level every expansion, there should be a Plat option or gem stone that mates with arcane weapons so they don't experience the "significant drop off" and "brings them closer together" with ARCANE status weapons. If you're monitoring the traders market, you will already see people trading their super weapons for pets because that's the kind of status the weapons hold now (twink item/junk in future expansions)

I think the average player like myself would blow major plats opening crates striving for an arcane weapon rather than a pet because it's supposed to be awesome. Take the awesome factor away and you've just discouraged at least one person. The thought even crossed my mind at one point to convert Plat to gold and get that sweet maul. I would never do that for a pet, and definitely not for a weapon that has an expiry date. I hope you guys put the arcane weapons future back on the table for discussion as its looking a little bleak right now.

Valsacar
07-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Aren't arcane weapons just as rare though? I mean might as well stop making arcane weapons drop past their peak performance era. Imagine at 46 expansion someone loots a maul from a crate only to find out they can't use it beyond twinking because the stats are surpassed by the best pinks. What incentive is there to strive for Arcane status hammers then? If ARCANE pets can level every expansion, there should be a Plat option or gem stone that mates with arcane weapons so they don't experience the "significant drop off" and "brings them closer together" with ARCANE status weapons. If you're monitoring the traders market, you will already see people trading their super weapons for pets because that's the kind of status the weapons hold now (twink item/junk in future expansions)

I think the average player like myself would blow major plats opening crates striving for an arcane weapon rather than a pet because it's supposed to be awesome. Take the awesome factor away and you've just discouraged at least one person. The thought even crossed my mind at one point to convert Plat to gold and get that sweet maul. I would never do that for a pet, and definitely not for a weapon that has an expiry date. I hope you guys put the arcane weapons future back on the table for discussion as its looking a little bleak right now.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. In case you missed that, NO!

This is a game, things change, that's why people KEEP PLAYING. Oh look, I have the best gear, it will stay the best gear for ever... BORING.

Even the pets will not stay best for ever, as our stats rise +25 is not going to be that much. New pets, in future expansions, will out do the current arcane pets.

Zanpakuto
07-21-2013, 08:40 PM
No, no, no, no, no, no, no. In case you missed that, NO!

This is a game, things change, that's why people KEEP PLAYING. Oh look, I have the best gear, it will stay the best gear for ever... BORING.

Even the pets will not stay best for ever, as our stats rise +25 is not going to be that much. New pets, in future expansions, will out do the current arcane pets.

That's a matter of opinion and yours is clearly from someone who has everything in the game which is great for you. If new pets do in fact out do the old arcane pets, why buff hammerjaw and glacian at this point now. Should just stay the same as it was in the beginning by your logic. The best gear can be out dated like mythic no argument there. But I'm speaking purely from an arcane point of view. Most people won't ever own more than one arcane item if they are even that lucky, but how would you feel if you spend hundreds of dollars at level 41 and looted hooks or maul which are useless. I'm just saying either buff them replace them, or get rid of them from future expansions. Who would actually wish for a twink item as the lottery prize when they open a crate?

juaki
07-22-2013, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the upgrade of first arcane pets, i'm testing buffed glacian.

Obi
07-22-2013, 02:21 AM
That's a matter of opinion and yours is clearly from someone who has everything in the game which is great for you. If new pets do in fact out do the old arcane pets, why buff hammerjaw and glacian at this point now. Should just stay the same as it was in the beginning by your logic. The best gear can be out dated like mythic no argument there. But I'm speaking purely from an arcane point of view. Most people won't ever own more than one arcane item if they are even that lucky, but how would you feel if you spend hundreds of dollars at level 41 and looted hooks or maul which are useless. I'm just saying either buff them replace them, or get rid of them from future expansions. Who would actually wish for a twink item as the lottery prize when they open a crate?

I still will be happy if I ever loot anything arcane, does not matter if I would use it or not..

Energizeric
07-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Just so you realize, level 26 hooks is going to be an awesome twink pvp item. I will retain a nice amount of it's value over time.

thortillos
07-22-2013, 11:00 PM

I have the Same QUESTION. Please clarify this question, anyone?

you will need to have the current level 26 Mythic Helm from Kraken Isles Elite Gold Pirate Chests and Locked Grand Crates of the Watch and the level 31 Mythic Armor that come from Nordr Elite Gold Warchests and Locked Grand Crates of the Watch. - in this sentence says, it should come from a chest/crate that you looted yourself.

What if it was bought? Can the Questline be triggered?

Beuefres
07-22-2013, 11:02 PM
can't wait :-)

Zanpakuto
07-22-2013, 11:36 PM
I have the Same QUESTION. Please clarify this question, anyone?

you will need to have the current level 26 Mythic Helm from Kraken Isles Elite Gold Pirate Chests and Locked Grand Crates of the Watch and the level 31 Mythic Armor that come from Nordr Elite Gold Warchests and Locked Grand Crates of the Watch. - in this sentence says, it should come from a chest/crate that you looted yourself.

What if it was bought? Can the Questline be triggered?

Of course it can!

Just so you realize, level 26 hooks is going to be an awesome twink pvp item. I will retain a nice amount of it's value over time.

Well I'm not exactly an owner of either arcane item, but if the day should come, I would really like to use it at endgame and not just pvp.

I still will be happy if I ever loot anything arcane, does not matter if I would use it or not..

But would you be willing to blow hundreds of your own money just to get a twink item? Feeling I'm sure is awesome to loot arcane, but is an outdated item enough to drive you crazy for one?

juaki
07-23-2013, 01:47 AM
When? When? When? When? When?

Energizeric
07-23-2013, 02:57 AM
But would you be willing to blow hundreds of your own money just to get a twink item? Feeling I'm sure is awesome to loot arcane, but is an outdated item enough to drive you crazy for one?

I think you fail to realize that it doesn't matter what items you actually loot, it matters their value. You can sell whichever items you get and buy whichever items you need. If you loot arcane hooks, you can sell for 12m+ and buy a different item of your choosing.

Obi
07-23-2013, 03:05 AM
And to add on top of that the arcane achievement itself for looting such a rare item.. some people bought the arcane eggs just to get it..

saroeun
07-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Cool...

Bless
07-24-2013, 04:43 AM
Will these upgraded mythics be the best L36 gear?

Daddyblu
07-24-2013, 06:49 AM
what will be the stats of the new mythics?

Daddyblu
07-24-2013, 07:00 AM
I think you fail to realize that it doesn't matter what items you actually loot, it matters their value. You can sell whichever items you get and buy whichever items you need. If you loot arcane hooks, you can sell for 12m+ and buy a different item of your choosing.

True

oxu
07-24-2013, 11:12 AM

Carapacho , I would reconsider, update arcane pieces in future expansion " ej.46lvl " matching its value and use. all same lvl arcane weapons, equality between characters in battle (normalization of its market price) :))

Rare
07-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Of course it can!

Well I'm not exactly an owner of either arcane item, but if the day should come, I would really like to use it at endgame and not just pvp.

Who said you would still be able to loot outdated arcane items?

Carapace
07-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Who said you would still be able to loot outdated arcane items?

There is currently no plan to remove Arcane Hooks, Arcane Hammer, Mythic Helm, or Mythic Armor. The intent is for them to continue to be acquirable in the future.

Bless
07-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Will these upgraded mythics be the best L36 gear?

gundamsone
07-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Will we ever seen an expansion where the playing field is even with all 3 classes having the same leveld arcane gear

I'd say L.36 cap is the perfect time to even it up, b/c an outdated weapon 10 levels lower really serves minimal purpose.

SkullCrusher
07-25-2013, 12:12 AM
Will we ever seen an expansion where the playing field is even with all 3 classes having the same leveld arcane gear

I'd say L.36 cap is the perfect time to even it up, b/c an outdated weapon 10 levels lower really serves minimal purpose.

I agree with this. Why does every cap have on OP class when they wield that arcane item.
Example: Warriors with 5.1k health and 410 damage? Wut...? Warriors ( the lowest dps class ) shouldn't have 100 more damage then the rogue ( highest dps class ) or else why be rogue when you can tank and kill...?

Zanpakuto
07-25-2013, 01:03 AM
I agree with this. Why does every cap have on OP class when they wield that arcane item.
Example: Warriors with 5.1k health and 410 damage? Wut...? Warriors ( the lowest dps class ) shouldn't have 100 more damage then the rogue ( highest dps class ) or else why be rogue when you can tank and kill...?

Agree!

Well to be fair, let the sorcerers shine at 36. I don't care if it's 36, 41, or 46! Please have another look at normalizing the weapons at some point in time as the future of arcane weapons need to be looked at more seriously rather than letting them expire.

There is currently no plan to remove Arcane Hooks, Arcane Hammer, Mythic Helm, or Mythic Armor. The intent is for them to continue to be acquirable in the future.

Glad devs are following this thread! If they keep dropping, please make them worthy of the name ARCANE and not something that has no use in end game.

oxu
07-25-2013, 11:22 AM

just lvl 36.... moment of mages arcanes .you had it . thank :)

TuMadreee
07-25-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm guessing Love bought all hooks assuming they would be upgraded?

I think all Arcane should become same level when we reach 41 cap. This is what we rogues get for being the first ones to experience an Arcane weapon early on.

sherentsoj
07-25-2013, 01:54 PM
So after Upgrading, the Helm and Armor will be Soul-bounded to your character.. so which means in the future cap (lvl41) this soul bounded mythics (lvl31) will continue to be upgraded.. and locked crates will still drop those 26 and 31 armors and everything will be upgraded in the future.. hhhmmmmmm

The Value of Helm(26) and Armor(31) will definitely increase a lot on this Update because of this Soul Bound idea. but i think soul bound is good for both parties.

What it mean with upgrade a mythic and how to upgrade

Sent from my Arcane Legends account Sherent

oxu
07-25-2013, 03:04 PM

heheh... xp :)

sidiscool
07-28-2013, 10:21 AM

In the coming Realm of Shadows expansion for Arcane Legends existing Mythic Armor and Mythic Helmets will have a rather involved questline to upgrade them. Below is a first look at how the upgraded Mythic Armor and Helm will look. The still screenshots don't really do it justice, as the armor has a cool crackling lightning effect. Also, there are Achievements involved in this quest, with the final one for acquiring the upgraded Mythic Helm and Armor granting a title of "The Hero of Legend" Which, if I say so myself, is a pretty cool title.

In order to start this questline, you will need to have the current level 26 Mythic Helm from Kraken Isles Elite Gold Pirate Chests and Locked Grand Crates of the Watch and the level 31 Mythic Armor that come from Nordr Elite Gold Warchests and Locked Grand Crates of the Watch.

Something else that you will be seeing on live soon is the new map. Here is a shot of it:

That's it for now. Over the coming weeks we will be revealing more details about the Realm of Shadows expansion. Be sure to follow us here on the Official Arcane Legends Forums and on the Arcane Legends Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ArcaneLegends) and G+ (https://plus.google.com/117906712780811671318) pages.

we will need a mythic to play ???? nooooooo!!!1 i cant afford mythics !!!!! cuz i aint got money to burn!!!!

dizzzzzzzzz
07-28-2013, 01:55 PM
looks nice and very sexy

ahiungg27
07-29-2013, 04:29 AM

heheh... xp :)

nice story XD

ahiungg27
07-29-2013, 04:31 AM

i wanna ask bro,,,
can mythic weapon got uprade to??
can mythic weapon survive for next xpansion??
:(

Gensin
07-29-2013, 05:01 AM
same who wonders what the new arcane weapon for mage.. hmm i predict its a wand hahah

asimauara
07-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Is the release date out yet?

asimauara
07-30-2013, 11:03 PM
I dont look good in purple or whatever color those are!

Kostral
07-31-2013, 05:41 AM
in my opinion Myth weaps will be still the best on next level , but a confirmation is also needed for it ...

can any staff help to inform us about this also ?

Conquered
07-31-2013, 07:35 AM
Looks like a Rune Armor on Runescape xD

cutiepooh
07-31-2013, 11:17 AM
this is awesome. thank you STS

Teuzha
07-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Apparently this all comes down to the rich getting richer. This game is very true to life. Way to forget about the middle class STS. Keep pandering to the wealthy plat buyers. Your status or ability to start quests should not be based on luck of opening a chest for a mythic item. What happened to plain old earning something? I would like to see a quest line where u could earn the original mythic gear. Give the other dedicated gamers, those who don't have thousands of dollars to blow on plat, a chance at mythics.

Eugeni0
07-31-2013, 10:46 PM
Very Nice :)

Thomas Horne
08-01-2013, 02:09 PM
whats the new city going to have in it? tavern/bard? another tomb? stash? guild? pvp place? auction house? something special like the hauntlet?

Zanpakuto
08-02-2013, 11:19 AM
whats the new city going to have in it? tavern/bard? another tomb? stash? guild? pvp place? auction house? something special like the hauntlet?

a platinum bbq burning :)

MoloToha
08-02-2013, 12:38 PM
I think, questline has to be hard enough to be difficult for full mythic guys. This has to be noticed, in my opinion...

Taejo
08-02-2013, 04:09 PM

Lower Hauntlet would be fun :)

Pilagius-
08-03-2013, 10:46 AM
What if we can't afford the Mythics? We can't go through?

Gensin
08-05-2013, 05:36 AM
that armor looks pretty fanstastic

Alhuntrazeck
08-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Nice!
Now I wish I had those mythic armor n helm...:[

cxstine16
08-05-2013, 10:23 PM
I love the new look. more updates please! like what would happen to other mythic items X) #excited

anibiag
08-07-2013, 05:19 PM

So, you, rogue, didnt mind being the only class with arcane item, and silently enjoyed it. But when its time for you to be the only class without normal arcane(its fair), you start shouting. Funny.

Alhuntrazeck
08-08-2013, 07:52 AM
@Gundam, maybe 41 would be the time to even it, NOT 36. Hey, mages need their time to shine too! :p

Kucaazs
08-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Nice like the looks......

SNAGARD
08-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Will there be new 36 mythic helms from locked grand crates?

chitgoks
08-09-2013, 10:28 PM
my guess the mage arcane weapon will be a bazooka ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

anibiag
08-10-2013, 07:40 AM
I really hope this questline will be normal, no depending on luck, like bael, krunch, child play, chest drop etc.
There is already enough "chance" words in game imo.

fuego777
08-10-2013, 08:49 AM
sorry im a noob here, just played this game for 5 days now. but i really like to know about the next mythic pendant and ring, will it be "upgraded L31 myth" or we should get it or buy the new ones? thanks

chitgoks
08-11-2013, 04:11 AM
i forgot which thread i asked so ill ask again. can devs please confirm if lvl31 mythic gun will be better than lvl36 pinks?

will there be also a lvl36, mythic gun?

fuego777
08-11-2013, 04:14 AM
i really curious about the new upcoming mythic weapon L36, will it be "upgraded L31" or a new weapon we should get from drop/chest/buy at auction? please reply it quick so i can make decision about which i should buy. Thanks

chitgoks
08-11-2013, 05:47 AM
yeah.. i second that so i can buy mythic gun right away ;)

dizzzzzzzzz
08-12-2013, 10:29 AM
where do i see stats of sorc arcane weapon and its looks

afrobug
08-12-2013, 06:42 PM
No offense intended but I see so many sorcerers complaining about how weak they are but I disagree. Sorcerers are beasts in pvp. With the arcane shield, OP stun plus if they have slag, and oh not to mention if equipped with mythic gears, you'd be in real trouble. A rogue may have a fair chance to an advantage of winning in a 1vs1 fight but in a pug, oh boy they sure are hard to kill.

But on with the update, this expansion are for you little smurfs so let's hope the new arcane weapon will make y'all even more godly. PS. I do have a capped mage, and I secretly(not anymore, I just revealed it) wish to get my hands on the mage arcane weapon. :-) Peace!

Metztli
08-13-2013, 01:52 AM

Can we still get level 26 mythic helm drops from locked crates no matter what level the player opening it?

Gensin
08-13-2013, 04:33 AM
i see. pretty nice i wonder what is inside the city of kelys looks so interesting

goqhan42
08-14-2013, 02:37 PM
if there is something like that why dnt u write it up there so everyone can see its gonna be non tradable ?

bladescythe
08-15-2013, 02:26 AM
What do they mean by have a current mythic helm and armor? Mean we must have mythic helm and armor to go to city of kelys?
Pls explain to me lol

Prahasit Prahi
08-21-2013, 03:09 AM

well platinum is needed to upgrade??
pls dont make it need platinum

Joncheese
08-21-2013, 06:43 AM
well platinum is needed to upgrade??
pls dont make it need platinum

Yes there is alot of speculation about platinum being needed to uprgade some of the armour..... can you please confirm this?

Limsi
08-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Yes there is alot of speculation about platinum being needed to uprgade some of the armour..... can you please confirm this?

Quoted from a developer:

There will be no Plat requirement for upgrading the Mythic armor and helm. The quest line is a bit more involved than a typical quest, and has some more interesting parts to it. Should take a bit of time to complete without being absurd.

No plat involved! Just complete the quest and you'd be able to get the upgraded version.

Andrisber
08-22-2013, 11:01 AM
Will they be updated with plat or gold?

Carapace
08-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Will they be updated with plat or gold?

There will be a gold cost component to the upgrade path

Jexetta
08-22-2013, 03:02 PM

Gold cost you say?! Time to start crazy pve farming I guess!

Ixyris
08-22-2013, 03:43 PM

I hope you are talking about k and not millions o_O

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

djironlung
08-22-2013, 05:07 PM
oh I hope it's not allot of gold that would stink for those like me who thought they were ready with only a couple hundred thousand gold on hand especially since most of us who got these mythics are now broke after investing millions into them. 1k-50k it's one thing hundreds of thousands to millions it's another

Zorlone
08-22-2013, 05:27 PM
I'll echo that Iron

Carapace
08-22-2013, 05:30 PM
it's not Millions for sure

bramer
08-22-2013, 05:43 PM
I hope it's like, 1337 gold or something.

This is bramer - signing out

djironlung
08-22-2013, 06:43 PM
it's not Millions for sure still leaves room for one million. this is a vet vague answer lol

Taejo
08-22-2013, 07:00 PM
oh I hope it's not allot of gold that would stink for those like me who thought they were ready with only a couple hundred thousand gold on hand especially since most of us who got these mythics are now broke after investing millions into them. 1k-50k it's one thing hundreds of thousands to millions it's another

Heaven forbid you'd have to work extra hard for the best armor in the game.... :rolleyes:

Carbonnel
08-22-2013, 11:49 PM
Loving it! <3;)

uiscabu
08-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Look nice

Zanpakuto
08-24-2013, 03:17 AM
it's not Millions for sure

What the... The gold you speak of better just be money spent on potions!

IronMonkey
08-24-2013, 05:18 AM
Edited: Have 2 questions

1. If the mythic gears will be upgraded thru a questline is it done on a gradual phase like, level 32, 33, 34...and so on, or only we reach the 36th level?

2. The gold cost involved, it is a one-time payment to convert/upgrade?

Thanks.

Xxxxzero
08-25-2013, 02:51 PM
How much gold are we talking about here?

djironlung
08-25-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm just consumed with knowing the cost I worked hard to make sure I was ready for the update and spent allot to be prepared and all set to the point that I owe a good friend allot of gold. I want to start repaying but I need to know I have enough gold for this upgrade or all the work I did was for nothing. this was a curveball thrown at me now I need to know what to hold and what I could give to my buddy to repay

NajaSAKAii
08-26-2013, 03:19 PM
These look way cool.:excitement:

Carapace
08-26-2013, 04:04 PM
The entire quest line opens up at 36. Until you are 36 the NPC who starts the quest will not allow you to start it.

The gold cost will be 100k, which given the number of dailies (including quite a few more in the new expansion itself) should not be unreasonable. It is a one time cost that will allow you to upgrade both items.

Zeus
08-26-2013, 04:22 PM
The entire quest line opens up at 36. Until you are 36 the NPC who starts the quest will not allow you to start it.

The gold cost will be 100k, which given the number of dailies (including quite a few more in the new expansion itself) should not be unreasonable. It is a one time cost that will allow you to upgrade both items.

Can you add in a way to reverse the process if we want to go back to the original mythics? For example, set the gold price to reverse at like 300k to prevent people from selling their upgraded mythics for profit.

Carapace
08-26-2013, 04:48 PM
There is no reversal process. Upgraded mythics are not trade-able by default.

Mythic helms and Armors can still be farmed however, and I imagine their value will increase again as less of them are available on the market as more of them are made into the upgraded set.

Ebezaanec
08-26-2013, 05:34 PM
There is no reversal process. Upgraded mythics are not trade-able by default.

Mythic helms and Armors can still be farmed however, and I imagine their value will increase again as less of them are available on the market as more of them are made into the upgraded set.

"Farmed?"

*eyes light up*

Insomniack
08-26-2013, 08:05 PM

I couldn't be more happier with this! :D Thanks!!!

Carapace
08-27-2013, 10:57 AM
"Farmed?"

*eyes light up*

Mythic Helms are still available in Elite Gold Pirate Chests, the Armor is available in Nordr Elite Gold Chests, and both are still going to be available in grand crates of the watch.

Zanpakuto
08-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Mythic Helms are still available in Elite Gold Pirate Chests, the Armor is available in Nordr Elite Gold Chests, and both are still going to be available in grand crates of the watch.

Well I guess 100k upgrade fee is reasonable for those that have the items. I better start saving up for the helm!

Jaqualina
08-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Carapace, I have a question that seems to be unclear from reading all the info that I could... After expansion, say you're Level 36, open crates, elite gold pirates/warchests.... If a mythic does get looted will it be Level 26/31 or level 36?

Thanks!

Carapace
08-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Carapace, I have a question that seems to be unclear from reading all the info that I could... After expansion, say you're Level 36, open crates, elite gold pirates/warchests.... If a mythic does get looted will it be Level 26/31 or level 36?

Thanks!

It will be the original lvl 31 and 26 items that can be traded and sold as normal. It will also be upgradeable as the current ones are.

Commanderkeen
08-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Will the new upgraded items have a different visual effect or be recolored?

Insomniack
08-27-2013, 07:30 PM
One big question that has been bothering me duo to some different builds I am currently looking into is, if "new" upgraded mythic armors and helms will get some new stats boosts (like some dex/int added to helm/some dodgde/crit w/e .. ) or will they just get upgraded their current stats to 36 level, via stat-per-level item progress?

Carapace
08-28-2013, 01:53 PM
One big question that has been bothering me duo to some different builds I am currently looking into is, if "new" upgraded mythic armors and helms will get some new stats boosts (like some dex/int added to helm/some dodgde/crit w/e .. ) or will they just get upgraded their current stats to 36 level, via stat-per-level item progress?

The base for the items will be the same in regards to the int/dex/str factors. However, there will be a boost in other areas like crit, dodge, the addition of damage, and increased armor etc.

They are going to feel like more awesome versions of the mythics you know and love.

FluffNStuff
08-28-2013, 01:58 PM
The base for the items will be the same in regards to the int/dex/str factors. However, there will be a boost in other areas like crit, dodge, the addition of damage, and increased armor etc.

They are going to feel like more awesome versions of the mythics you know and love.

Is this just for upgraded items, or will the other mythics be upgraded to still be coo?

Insomniack
08-28-2013, 09:06 PM

Just awesome! :D Thanks sooo much for answering.

Xstealthxx
08-28-2013, 11:38 PM
question, howmany times can u upgrade? example.. i have mythic helm now and i want to upgrade..
after few time i got my armor.. can i still upgrade it?

Frohnatur
08-28-2013, 11:54 PM
question, howmany times can u upgrade? example.. i have mythic helm now and i want to upgrade..
after few time i got my armor.. can i still upgrade it?

No. You got to have both. Helm and Armor.

Xstealthxx
08-29-2013, 12:05 AM
i see.. so it must be helm and armor.. u cant upgrade 1 item only?

mapenjay
08-29-2013, 05:22 AM
to make things clear, what will happen to mythic rings and amulet? they will left behind? answer this asap, thanks

Ixyris
08-29-2013, 06:40 AM

But if stats are the same there will be no increase in HP, and legendary helms lv36 will have better stats than mythic helm

JaytB
08-29-2013, 09:39 AM
But if stats are the same there will be no increase in HP, and legendary helms lv36 will have better stats than mythic helm

I agree with this. Hopefully there'll be some fair boost in HP too. Im already mixing Noble helm with mythic armor to get better overall stats on both sorc and war.

I hope lv36 mythics are at least a bit better in the HP department as compared to lv36 pinks.

Sandra Marie Black
08-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Please Sam Hayne I've got a lot of time and toons invested in PL why have you forgotten about that game a lot of my Asians friends tried AL but found the price of elixers too expensive so they all left the game they have all stopped
Aging any sts games because they are trying to prove a point that they want PL Cap level increase. no Please do not insult us with Cap level increase with no new town that was very horrible what you did to all your favorite fans of Dark Legends which I still am how about a new town not just a new opening for each game doesn't give a renewed hope we actually need a cap level or you may loose ven more players. I do play AL however I'm the only one in the guild of 21 that does play because the rest dumped the game because elixers were so expensive and always needed plat if you want players to be able to play the game ou must give them some elixer use or a chance at better elixer use please. Thank You for your help in this matter Sandthia