View Full Version : "The Hero of Legend" future Achievement

gundamsone
07-17-2013, 12:52 AM
In the coming Realm of Shadows expansion for Arcane Legends existing Mythic Armor and Mythic Helmets will have a rather involved questline to upgrade them...there are Achievements involved in this quest, with the final one for acquiring the upgraded Mythic Helm and Armor granting a title of "The Hero of Legend"

In order to start this questline, you will need to have the current level 26 Mythic Helm...and the level 31 Mythic Armor

So from the update announcement today, the ability to upgrade Mythic Helms and Armors to their L.36 Counterparts has been officially confirmed again.
The surprising part of the announcement seems to be the fact that there will be a "questline" involved to upgrade them and also achievements and a rather catchy title to go along with it.

As this game seems to be very achievement oriented these days, how will this effect the Mythics market?
Will player who currently have little to no interest in owning these 2 pieces of gear, be purchasing them for the AP points? and will prices increase b/c of this?

This also raises many other questions.
Because our Mythic Helms and Armors will be required to start the quest will there be a shortage of Mythic Helms and Armors?
Will the current Mythics be discontinued or will crates and golden elite chests still drop L.26 Helms / L.31 Armors to combat the shortage?
If they are going to be discontinued how will STS implement this achivement for future players who don't have an armor or helm to upgrade?

Rajnikanth
07-17-2013, 04:26 AM
ya. u need both helm nd armour to complete quest.
after finishing questline ur set will b upgraded.
bt it will be UNTRADEABLE. idk if u can stash it or not.

ya ofc it will still drop from eilte pirate chest (helm) ; elite warchest (armour) nd locked crates.

i smell that price will rise after expansion.
why? coz after upgrading it will b untradeable nd so mythic set will b in scarcity i.e. low in supply. bt we kno mythic set has high demand.
so low supply nd high demand= increase in price..

Jxmaa
07-17-2013, 05:05 AM
In my opinion the fact that mythic armor and help are upgradable is sweet :) BUT i think they should be tradeable even if upgraded

Obi
07-17-2013, 05:27 AM
Nice.. but I would rather like if we have two separate quests/achievements for helm and the armor..

Rare
07-17-2013, 07:22 AM
I see what you're doing here. And it will probably work. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

wvhills
07-17-2013, 08:18 AM
I see what you're doing here. And it will probably work. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

if only there were someone who had a large amount of mythics that person could sell them to use so we can get AP points too!

Cero
07-17-2013, 08:42 AM
telling people about devs plan?:)

as soon as people knows that it wont be tradeable after "upgrading" then the current mythic's price will go up.

$$$$$ for those who has loots of mythics.

lordreq
07-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Yea the price will increase so STS will get plats spenders.. but when people cant get APs... few weeks/months after the updates.. STS will come out with mythic armors/helm weekend where all can get it easily frm locked crates.. price of armors/helms will dropped significantly but STS will get plenty of plats spender.. that will definately happens based on previous weapons experience..

Cero
07-17-2013, 08:59 AM
Yea the price will increase so STS will get plats spenders.. but when people cant get APs... few weeks/months after the updates.. STS will come out with mythic armors/helm weekend where all can get it easily frm locked crates.. price of armors/helms will dropped significantly but STS will get plenty of plats spender.. that will definately happens based on previous weapons experience..

Ha. didnt thought about that til now.
well played lol
wouldve thank you, but on my phone atm.

shortage of mythics? no problem!
*throws out Overkill Mythic drop rate*

Rajnikanth
07-17-2013, 10:21 AM

how can u b so sure about that event?

xcainnblecterx
07-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Wait? Mythic helms still drop from elite gold pirate chest? If so do you have to be l26 to open em? I hope prices don't
rise as iI'm trying work my way up to getting mythic and only half a mil into this journey -.7

Chauakai
07-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Not sure I like this or not. I like to get achievements but how will I be able to accomplish this and fill in my log without mythic armor set. I have 3 toons to play with also. Wonder if this is just a quest line only. Hope they don't make an achievement out of it. I would like to earn all the achievements eventually on one of my toons.

Rare
07-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Wait? Mythic helms still drop from elite gold pirate chest? If so do you have to be l26 to open em? I hope prices don't
rise as iI'm trying work my way up to getting mythic and only half a mil into this journey -.7

Yes, they do. And no, you can be any level and get the helms.

Offtopic: I wonder what the minimum level of drops from the pirate chests are. Is it 30? Or if I open with a Lvl26 toon can I get level 26?

Energizeric
07-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Answer is these items will never be discontinued. They will always drop from elite gold pirate chests and elite gold warchests. As for locked crates, I suspect at some point which mythic & arcane items drop to you may become level based. Obviously as some point (maybe at level 41 or 46 expansion) there will be new mythic helms, armors, rings, amulets & weapons. So for locked crates, maybe it will depend on which level you are as to which set of items you get. That's how I would do it if I were the developers.

As for the upgraded helms & armors being untradeable, when did they say that? I have a hard time believing that will be the case.

Also, another related question which has not been answered is if one toon can do the quest multiple times to upgrade multiple sets of armors & helms? If so, then obviously they will be able to be traded. It does appear however that you will need a warrior to upgrade warrior armor & helm as it sounds like you will heave to be wearing them. But I guess we will see in time.

chitgoks
07-17-2013, 11:04 AM
i remember dev said it in forum will be untradeable after upgrade

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Rare
07-17-2013, 11:21 AM

I never saw it. And I've been following this stuff very closely. It is entirely possible I missed it though. A link would be nice.

Energizeric
07-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Which thread? I must have missed that.

H2N
07-17-2013, 11:30 AM

See Carapace post here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?106933-Realm-of-Shadows-First-Look-at-New-Mythics-and-Map&p=1182166#post1182166 regarding untradability and one-upgrade-per-character.

Jexetta
07-17-2013, 11:32 AM
"Upgraded Mythic set will not be trade-able, and can only be completed through the quest chain once per character. Multiple characters can acquire them on the same account however." - Originally posted by Carapace and linked above by H2N

Carapace
07-17-2013, 11:37 AM
correct, the fact that it can only be completed once per character is the reason they are planned to be non-tradeable. It's going to be very shiny and it needs to feel like something special to get it. Allowing players to trade it trivializes the title reward, and the value of the gear once upgraded. We also don't want high level players exploiting the system by "manufacturing" these upgraded sets for the market. Limiting it in this way allows us more head room to make them beefy and worthwhile.

octavos
07-17-2013, 11:50 AM
correct, the fact that it can only be completed once per character is the reason they are planned to be non-tradeable. It's going to be very shiny and it needs to feel like something special to get it. Allowing players to trade it trivializes the title reward, and the value of the gear once upgraded. We also don't want high level players exploiting the system by "manufacturing" these upgraded sets for the market. Limiting it in this way allows us more head room to make them beefy and worthwhile.

how about an old version vanity of the mythic ;) since many will upgrade them. I just love the art style..not really the stats..Much love :ghost:

Carapace
07-17-2013, 11:53 AM
hmmmm I can look into creating a vanity version of the original Mythic armor and helm pieces as part of completing the quests. I will have to converse with others about it before I can commit to an idea but that's very interesting, and something we could do.

Zurko
07-17-2013, 11:54 AM
so even though they are untradable and even though they may cycle out 41-46 cap...
they are gonna be hella strong n nice looking for the 2-3 months before next expand
so people with the set will see a big difference i bet
good idea:D

octavos
07-17-2013, 12:03 PM
hmmmm I can look into creating a vanity version of the original Mythic armor and helm pieces as part of completing the quests. I will have to converse with others about it before I can commit to an idea but that's very interesting, and something we could do.

Thanks for hearing me out cara,
Now earning it would be sweet...but give 2 options..those who wish to earn it..or flat out buy the puppy.

okahef
07-17-2013, 03:54 PM
wat if u only have helm or armour, can u please make each item upgradable not fair to non full myth userrs. like questline for helm n questline for armour

bramer
07-17-2013, 04:43 PM
wat if u only have helm or armour, can u please make each item upgradable not fair to non full myth userrs. like questline for helm n questline for armour

Great idea! And maybe if you only completed one of the quests you could get the title "Hero of sorta legend" :p

This is bramer - signing out

Energizeric
07-17-2013, 07:12 PM

Ok fair enough! However, you could allow them to be tradeable and still limit the quest to one per character. This would allow me to sell it after I'm done using it (maybe when I reach level 46). I'm sure the upgraded set would have good value as a level 36 twink pvp set. That would allow me to get some return on my large investment. Otherwise it just becomes gold spent with no chance to sell off the items later on.

I still think back to my PL quest items like the level 71 elite axe and my level 50 quest set (forgot the name) that sits in the stash unused because better items are now available. It would have been nice to be able to sell them in the auction, and it would have been nice for other players to be able to buy them. Instead they are just taking up space as I will never use them again (if I ever play PL again but that's a subject for another discussion...)

In the end I'm sure there will be level 36 PvP twinks that would like to just buy mythic armor & helm set. If they are going to stay at level 36 to do PvP, they won't care about achievement points or being on the achievement point leaderboards. They would just want to buy the gear they need. I really think you should reconsider this.

ShadowGunX
07-18-2013, 01:37 AM

wow it will b cool, if u make vanity version of mythic armours, btw to get the afformentioned vanity, do we need mythic armour nd helm?

stackz
07-18-2013, 03:41 PM
So can u still run through quest line without mythics? I enjoy doing quests to be honest to mix it up. I mean there aren't that many ppl with both mythics but millions of players who probably want to do the quest line itself. Just I guess the reward can be a chest or something and later if u get both pieces u can do true quest

Carapace
07-18-2013, 04:08 PM
So can u still run through quest line without mythics? I enjoy doing quests to be honest to mix it up. I mean there aren't that many ppl with both mythics but millions of players who probably want to do the quest line itself. Just I guess the reward can be a chest or something and later if u get both pieces u can do true quest

Currently there are no plans to support the questline availability without having both of your classes mythic pieces. Nothing is set in stone however, and over time we may decide to revisit that. For launch of the campaign however it will most likely be limited to players who have the mythics, and are at the level cap.

Ok fair enough! However, you could allow them to be trade-able and still limit the quest to one per character. This would allow me to sell it after I'm done using it (maybe when I reach level 46). I'm sure the upgraded set would have good value as a level 36 twink pvp set. That would allow me to get some return on my large investment. Otherwise it just becomes gold spent with no chance to sell off the items later on.

Moving forward into later content we may make the upgraded sets tradeable and/or stashable, but that will be determined at a later time. Something we will keep in mind moving forward.

wow it will b cool, if u make vanity version of mythic armours, btw to get the afformentioned vanity, do we need mythic armour nd helm?

As a follow up, we discussed internally the idea of adding a vanity. Initial idea was to grant you the vanity version as a part of receiving the upgraded version. Selling it as a vanity would be misleading because it is iconic of a certain expectation of a players skill or investment in the game. A way of sizing up your allies in PvE, or assessing their damage in PvP. Ultimately this would be a detriment.

We will continue to think on it, but as it stands right now the Mythic look is still tied to gameplay and status within the community and we don't want to potentially mess with that at this time.

Zanpakuto
07-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Currently there are no plans to support the questline availability without having both of your classes mythic pieces. Nothing is set in stone however, and over time we may decide to revisit that. For launch of the campaign however it will most likely be limited to players who have the mythics, and are at the level cap.

Moving forward into later content we may make the upgraded sets tradeable and/or stashable, but that will be determined at a later time. Something we will keep in mind moving forward.

As a follow up, we discussed internally the idea of adding a vanity. Initial idea was to grant you the vanity version as a part of receiving the upgraded version. Selling it as a vanity would be misleading because it is iconic of a certain expectation of a players skill or investment in the game. A way of sizing up your allies in PvE, or assessing their damage in PvP. Ultimately this would be a detriment.

We will continue to think on it, but as it stands right now the Mythic look is still tied to gameplay and status within the community and we don't want to potentially mess with that at this time.

You guys didn't even blink to make the upgraded sets untradable, yet you assume that the vanity pieces would be deceptive because they would be tradable? This logic boggles the mind and seems like a scheme to get top players to lose their money and buy more plats in future expansions. At the very least with the way things are now, make the mythic vanities untradable and put the upgraded set's future on the table to trade.

gundamsone
07-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Is their a chance Hooks/Maul would be upgradable too? on the condition that they will also become permanently untradeable after the upgrade.

ShadowGunX
07-19-2013, 12:54 AM
Is their a chance Hooks/Maul would be upgradable too? on the condition that they will also become permanently untradeable after the upgrade.

i hope its will not b upgadeble

Olesku
07-19-2013, 10:58 AM
The surprising part of the announcement seems to be the fact that there will be a "questline" involved to upgrade them and also achievements and a rather catchy title to go along with it.
"The Hero of Legend" - doesn't Gustav said something about on intro to boss fight in Rooks Nest in front of teleport? ...
I'm guessin boss armor also looks somehow familiar ;)

Carapace
07-19-2013, 11:06 AM

The potential exists, but is currently not planned.

Energizeric
07-19-2013, 12:38 PM

Since I doubt anyone would plan to sell their sets during this expansion anyway, this sounds like a reasonable idea. Only after they becomes outdated do I think anyone is going to want to sell it. But at that point I think we should be able to.

Or here is another idea.... They could be a component of some future quest of crafting. For example, maybe at level 46 cap there are new Mythic armors and helms that drop. And maybe you can go to an NPC crafter and upgrade those sets to Arcane items if you turn in your level 36 set. It could fit with a storyline -- the blacksmith uses the materials from the level 36 set to upgrade the level 46 set to Arcane.

Just make them useful for something in the future, because I hate having old items that are no longer useful but also cannot be sold. It's just a waste of space, and is especially frustrating when you had put so much money or time invested to get those items.

abihakim
07-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Since I doubt anyone would plan to sell their sets during this expansion anyway, this sounds like a reasonable idea. Only after they becomes outdated do I think anyone is going to want to sell it. But at that point I think we should be able to.

Or here is another idea.... They could be a component of some future quest of crafting. For example, maybe at level 46 cap there are new Mythic armors and helms that drop. And maybe you can go to an NPC crafter and upgrade those sets to Arcane items if you turn in your level 36 set. It could fit with a storyline -- the blacksmith uses the materials from the level 36 set to upgrade the level 46 set to Arcane.

Just make them useful for something in the future, because I hate having old items that are no longer useful but also cannot be sold. It's just a waste of space, and is especially frustrating when you had put so much money or time invested to get those items.

This

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Carapace
07-19-2013, 01:48 PM
thanks for all the feedback guys!

gundamsone
07-22-2013, 03:20 PM
The potential exists, but is currently not planned.
A glimpse of hope!

maybe for once all 3 classes will be on par with l.36 arcane weps