PDA

View Full Version : Getting 1 shotted without being in the red area

Soundlesskill
07-17-2013, 07:07 AM
The title says it all. My warr buddy even saw me getting pulled by Mother in Crystal Caverns & dying without being in the area

Alrisaia
07-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Oltgar too mate

Pandamoni
07-17-2013, 05:15 PM
It's been a problem since nordr was released :(

It's been shown to have been tweaked in update notes but it still is a problem. Apparently it can be attributed to latency issues?

Taejo
07-17-2013, 07:45 PM
One mechanical issue that is prevalent with all Nordr bosses is them facing another direction than what we see on our device. This is a graphical error/coding error that is the primary cause of people being killed while visually outside the red zone. The best example I can give is Frostbite. If you watch the mechanics of this boss, you will know that he always throws his 'hooking' web at someone with aggro, and not just into the open. That being said, when this attack initiates, if you've been standing still prior to initiation you best be moving. Just because you see Frostbite facing one direction with the big red cone doesn't mean that is actually the direction he is facing. Man Eater will constantly pull this stunt as well; facing one direction but knocking people backwards who are standing beside or behind him.

I do not know the exact technicalities behind this issue, however, just sharing what I've observed. The best way to work around this issue (for now) is to just not stand still when a boss' red cone goes off. Get out of the way! :)

moot
07-17-2013, 08:56 PM
The red zone is a lie.

Mother's grandma in crystal cavern can do butpull, which is pulling you from his behind. Then bringing you to the graveyard.
I never trust frostir red zone. That's the biggest lie ever.

Thera are 3 spider bosses, Mother<Mother's mother(I don't remember the place)< Mother's grandma (in crystal cavern)

Ebezaanec
07-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Thera are 3 spider bosses, Mother<Mother's mother(I don't remember the place)< Mother's grandma (in crystal cavern)

Mother~ Rook's Hideout
Antee~ Lost Mage's Mine
Frostbite~ Crystal Caverns

iluvataris
07-18-2013, 12:11 AM
the red zone is a lie.

Mother's grandma in crystal cavern can do butpull, which is pulling you from his behind. Then bringing you to the graveyard.
I never trust frostir red zone. That's the biggest lie ever.

thera are 3 spider bosses, mother<mother's mother(i don't remember the place)< mother's grandma (in crystal cavern)

i so love this

Soundlesskill
07-18-2013, 11:40 AM
FUU

jabu69
08-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Sorry for the necro but there are multiple threads about this problem as seen by here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/search.php?searchid=73794).

Maybe while working on the expansion code a dev can take a look at this problem? :)