PDA

View Full Version : Allow Arena Bosses to Give Elite Boss Achievs

Alhuntrazeck
07-17-2013, 09:16 AM
I'm writing this minutes after running a 45 minute elite skull cove run before all the party members gave up. It's very frustrating to have a long run foiled by a boss that one hits when ur behind him.

So here's what I propose.

As the title says, why not let the Arena bosses grant their respective elite boss achievements? Other than just the Arena specific achievements? If thats not possible, id love to see another arena style area like Elite Mines of Nordia where I can get ALL the boss achievements without having to run the whole damn map.

What do you guys think? Would this ruin the AP lb as more people got boss achievements?

Alhuntrazeck
07-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Just realized this shud be in Suggestions n Feedback section. Please move!

Sent using clouds on a light blue sky.

Carapace
07-17-2013, 09:53 AM
we'll discuss the possibility, but at the high level some of the encounters are very different. Blood Hammer in particular is a lot different in that he does not have the adds he has in the elite map, which would in my opinion cheapen the achievement earned by players already. There may be something to this though, thanks for the input!

xcainnblecterx
07-17-2013, 09:59 AM
we'll discuss the possibility, but at the high level some of the encounters are very different. Blood Hammer in particular is a lot different in that he does not have the adds he has in the elite map, which would in my opinion cheapen the achievement earned by players already. There may be something to this though, thanks for the input!

I'd like to point out that even though blood hammer may not have his groupies, getting him in gladiator with vortex is 10x worse. I'd seriously rather deal with a bunch of crazed awe struck groupies then a demon spawned crystal that lays exploding babies.....just saying

Just realised the last part of that may sound wrong to people who have never been in the arena. So the crystal doesn't actually lay exploding babies, it lays other crystals
that explode. Sts does not condone such sick minds has to put actual exploding babies in a mmo, that is all thank you.

Alhuntrazeck
07-17-2013, 10:13 AM

Cool, thanks for considering this!

Sent using clouds on a light blue sky.

Chauakai
07-17-2013, 10:19 AM
I'd like to point out that even though blood hammer may not have his groupies, getting him in gladiator with vortex is 10x worse. I'd seriously rather deal with a bunch of crazed awe struck groupies then a demon spawned crystal that lays exploding babies.....just saying

I was on a team of 4 that beat Bloodhammer in the Arena with the Vortex Crystals and 2 of the 4 players didn't get the achievement. That was a sucky day for me! Why do I always get the bad luck on this game? Any explanation on why only half my team got the achieve and I didn't would be nice.

Energizeric
07-17-2013, 11:17 AM
I've defeated all of the elite bosses in their regular dungeons (for the APs) and have done the same in the Gladiator Arena, and I can tell you they are way easier in the Gladiator Arena. What makes Bloodhammer hard in Skull Cove is the constant waves of elite mobs that he sends after you during the battle. Without those mobs it would be ten times easier. It's the same thing for many of the other bosses. I agree that doing this would cheapen the APs. To do Elite Skull Cove, you need a pro party, not pugs. Also, be prepared to die multiple times and maybe spend a few plat on revives. I think it cost me about 10-15 plat on revives when I did it back in season 3. But there is a reason Kraken Skewers still sell for hundreds of thousands of gold. Bloodhammer is extremely difficult to beat an the only kraken skewers being dropped are mostly from those getting the achievement as nobody farms there.

I don't think giving the APs for defeating the bosses in the Arena would do the game much justice. On the other hand, as I said in the other discussion thread on possibly eliminating elite dungeons, I would be in favor of that. Instead, make these elite bosses spawn randomly in different locations just as Elite Bael now does. Obviously they will be a bit easier to defeat if they spawn in random locations (as they would not have their mobs and other difficulties), but they can still be made to be tough, and since they are harder to find it will make up for the decrease in difficulty. I'd rather spend my time searching for the elite bosses rather than dying dozens of times while trying to defeat them.