PDA

View Full Version : DL advertising PL!

DocDoBig
07-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Just played DL for a bit today when I just saw this all of the sudden, kinda found it funny so I wanted to share it with you:

Probably that's something like a sweet Easter Egg or so. ;)

For all those who want to check it out on your own, the map is called The Dead of Night in the second campaign The Old Quarter as first map.

Oldcoot
07-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Ha, ill half to go look

Silentdankz2013
07-17-2013, 03:20 PM
I heard about that the other day man lol haven't checked it put for myself I'll half to do that

Ape
07-17-2013, 03:28 PM
hehe, ofc they advertise their best game.

Treenire
07-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Thats been there since dl was released....

tHelonestud
07-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Ha, ill half to go look

I'll have*

CrimsonTider
07-17-2013, 05:01 PM
I'll have*

Someone with a "supposed" language barrier correcting someone in their native tongue. Ironic?

Oldcoot
07-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Pends on where u is from
Sorry if u can't be readin redneck style

Reciprocal
07-17-2013, 09:18 PM
That's not redneck talk ^

Don't make ignorant stereotypes please.

CrimsonTider
07-17-2013, 09:23 PM
That's not redneck talk ^

Don't make ignorant stereotypes please.

You are obviously not from the South.

Oldcoot
07-17-2013, 09:58 PM
A guy from Oklahoma is telling a Tennessee guy how to talk southern.

Cahaun
07-17-2013, 10:23 PM
We are in a thread talking about an Easter egg that was in the game since it first came out, and we are having a fight over someone's supposed accent? I see the forums still continue to be very unique.
It's fine with me if the advertising Easter egg was discovered at the first day of DL or just today. Just hearing anything about DL is quite nice so thanks, Doc.

Oldcoot
07-17-2013, 10:32 PM
You know what, your right. I apologize an I'm going to let the grammar nazis and other irritants have it. To steal a line from brammer,

This is Oldcoot signing out.

DocDoBig
07-18-2013, 01:46 AM
Thats been there since dl was released....

We are in a thread talking about an Easter egg that was in the game since it first came out, and we are having a fight over someone's supposed accent? I see the forums still continue to be very unique.
It's fine with me if the advertising Easter egg was discovered at the first day of DL or just today. Just hearing anything about DL is quite nice so thanks, Doc.

Sorry, I didn't know it was here since the release, although I could assume that.
I just walkthrou-ed this map very often and never saw it, thanks fr the heads up though.

DocDoBig
07-18-2013, 06:29 AM
Just found this ;)

Cavoc
07-18-2013, 04:02 PM
A guy from Oklahoma is telling a Tennessee guy how to talk southern.

Good ole smoky livin

The Happiness
07-19-2013, 04:58 AM
I'll have*

:(

Just played DL for a bit today when I just saw this all of the sudden, kinda found it funny so I wanted to share it with you:

Probably that's something like a sweet Easter Egg or so. ;)

For all those who want to check it out on your own, the map is called The Dead of Night in the second campaign The Old Quarter as first map.

You make me want to go back! Man! It's been a while!

DocDoBig
07-19-2013, 05:17 AM
You make me want to go back! Man! It's been a while!

Never thought I'd ever say that, but DL is really cool - especially PvP, finally I'm no Noob in that! ;)

Spyce
07-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Never thought I'd ever say that, but DL is really cool - especially PvP, finally I'm no Noob in that! ;)

What's diffrent about PL and DL PvP?
The only reason I won't play it is because of the energy bar.

Reunegade
07-19-2013, 08:29 AM
It has a system where CTF is actually CTF and you can only start when 3 players join each team.

DocDoBig
07-19-2013, 09:49 AM

Currently there are only two maps in DL, one for CTF and one for DM, both are 5v5.
A huge difference to PL's PvP is that only when there are 3 players on each side (sometimes with only 2 as well) the game actually starts - there are ''gates'' which fall down when the game is ready. This prevents spawning for example.

In CTF, well yeah, you have to capture the flag, in form of a cube. ;)
The map is actually really huge with many small add-ons like orbs (Speed and Full Life) and Re-Spawning Mobs in the mid, which attack all players that are near. This is sometime really annoying and sometimes really useful when you want to escape from enemies.

The map is built similar to PL's CTF: 2 respawns on each side (each spawn point gains a Speed Orb), One Blue and Red Base and 3 full life orbs. Note that in DL you don't have a fast health res like in PL, so these orbs are like gold for you

When you get a Flag or when you are too long in the enemies base you lose health so you have to move fast to achieve a point!
That's probably a reason why DL's CTF only has 3 Goals.

What I find really cool is that you can ''interact'' with the map via buttons and levers, you can close the gate in front of your base for like 15 seconds so the enemy team can't conquer it
or you can open blinds to burn other vampires (you know vampires die in sunlight) or yourself - yes you can kill yourself!
It says DocDoBig killed DocDoBig. ;)

A plus point is that you can disable the chatbox if you like,
plus there isn't something like rusher or spawner or a go-system. You just kill what you see! FFA ftw.

Now to DM:
DM has gates which open when there are enough players as well.

I don't really understand the system of DM, yet.
Well,the map is built like a huge circle with a kind-off base in the mid. This is the Kings Place, whom it is to conquer. If you are long enough in the circle you are voted to the King of the Circle or so. I was King for only one time and I think as King you have increased Health and Damage then.

You can interact with buttons to open Blinds or UV-Lamps as well and there are Orbs, too.

Personally I like CTF more than DM. ;)

I currently play in lvl 11 PvP which I find is better than EndGame (36) PvP. You don't really need top-notch items to be pro, I just farmed or purchased them for really lowball in CS.

What do you mean as Energy Bar, I assume you mean the yellow thing there.
What's so bad about it?

You must know, running maps isn't the only way to gain XP. You can do Allies, which are like quests.
You can make 30 Seconds allies,
2H allies
and 24H allies which give more XP/Gold of course.

These allies require Energy. Some more, some less Energy: The lowest I have seen needs 3E the highest 18 or so. You DO get one energy point every 5 minutes, the maximum is 25. So you have again 25 after 2hours. Of course you can buy Energy with plat, but that's just unnecessary.

At last you can basically cap with just sitting there and waiting, I just capped in 1 Month with just getting online once a day. ;)

Aracnus
07-19-2013, 12:28 PM

The energy bar can only be used on Allies now.. Allies- Grant xp and gold, which differs depending on which one you pick

Dungeons are free now :-)

(or what Doc said)

The Happiness
07-19-2013, 12:56 PM
At last you can basically cap with just sitting there and waiting, I just capped in 1 Month with just getting online once a day. ;)

Yeah....with PL...I get on once a day....I just stick around for several hours ;P

Spyce
07-19-2013, 02:03 PM
@Doc (I'm to lazy to quote)
Does this mean I can't play hours at a time?

Aracnus
07-19-2013, 02:06 PM
@Doc (I'm to lazy to quote)
Does this mean I can't play hours at a time?

You can play as many hours as you want, dungeons take no energy to enter, and allies are optional (but highly recommended)