PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Devs: add keyboard popup on ENTER for Apple bluetooth keyboard

setec
10-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Referencing asommers' question long ago in this post (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?569-Apple-Bluetooth-Keyboard-with-iPad-for-PL-chatting&p=3768&viewfull=1#post3768):

Add into the code that if you hit ENTER on the bluetooth keyboard, it brings up the keyboard for typing.

Right now, if you are using the bluetooth keyboard on your iPad or iphone (running iOS4.x), you have to tap the keyboard icon on the screen in game to bring up the text window.

What command in your code is used for bringing up the on screen keyboard in game right now? I'm thinking it is not the ENTER key because hitting the ENTER key on the bluetooth keyboard does not bring it up.

Anyway, I know there are other priorities but for those that use the external keyboard, having that ENTER key functional for chat would be great.

asommers
10-23-2010, 12:26 AM
I recently picked up an iPad keyboard (which look like, unfortunately, it requires your iPad to be portrait). I'll get the bluetooth one as well.

-ALS

TwinkTastical
10-23-2010, 01:50 AM
Ipad keyboard didnt work with me,i hate vertical

setec
10-23-2010, 06:53 AM
I recently picked up an iPad keyboard (which look like, unfortunately, it requires your iPad to be portrait). I'll get the bluetooth one as well.

-ALS

Forgot about the keyboard dock. Guess if this would be implemented that the code would work for both.

Darien Levon Perkins
05-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Is this ever going to be implemented?

Darien Levon Perkins
05-04-2013, 11:47 AM
It seems to me the keyboard is useless for playing, being that none of the game actions are mapped

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 02:49 PM
This was about 3 years ago.

Ks_Leon
05-05-2013, 07:16 AM
This was about 3 years ago.

new player does not know how to read the date lol...-_- not mention the old player lol...

Kiwihawk
05-05-2013, 03:10 PM
new player does not know how to read the date lol...-_- not mention the old player lol...

Dude Dont Pick On Shadow Im Pretty Sure U Could Have Posted To Say How Old It Is.