PDA

View Full Version : What constitutes a win (or loss)?

Rare
07-18-2013, 07:41 AM
So, my first assumption was that your Dragon hall needed to fall. However, that isn't the case.

Then someone mentioned that if you take 75% damage, its a loss.

However, in a match against me, my dragon hall did not fall and I only took 50% damage. I still incurred a loss.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

glengon
07-18-2013, 09:48 AM
If dragon hall is destroyed->1 star
50% destroyed->1 star
Everything destroyed->3stars
1 star or more=loss
:/

Rare
07-18-2013, 10:25 AM
hmmm if that's true it should be changed. 50% damage and not losing down my dragon hall should not count as a loss.

Edit: Actually, I will have to confirm again, but I'm pretty sure I've gotten 1 star during a match and still lost when I am the attacker. I will try to reconfirm it.

Samhayne
07-18-2013, 10:39 AM
If dragon hall is destroyed->1 star
50% destroyed->1 star
Everything destroyed->3stars
1 star or more=loss
:/

Glengon is correct.

If you are attacking, 1 star or more is a victory and a corresponding loss for the defender.

You can get stars for:

1 star for destroying your opponent's Dragon Hall

1 star for destroying 50% of your opponent's Fortress

1 star for destroying 100% of your opponent's Fortress

Kaytar
07-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Thren making me post again....

Then why is it that when opponents lost, they take a substantial amount of loot from barns and mines? If anything, they should get a lower percentage for not getting any stars rather than just taking out the barns and mines. They are basicly taking the res we haven't collected yet. We'd have to be on the game 24/7 in order to collect a decent amount of res to pay builders lol.

glengon
07-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Isn't that how we farm other players too. Stealing from mines and barns is awesome. :D

Valsacar
07-21-2013, 05:18 PM
That's kind of the whole point of the game, raid your enemies to grow yourself.

Rare
07-22-2013, 09:28 AM
True, but the gaurdians are also in place for a reason. So you can't constantly be farmed and have all your resources taken.

If someone comes in, raids your resources and quits before winning, they can just do it over and over again. I think there should be at least a 1 hour gaurdian ANY TIME you get attacked. Even if your defense wins.

Edit: After thinking about it, I retract my suggestion about the 1 hour gaurdian. If your fortress is set up "properly" it shouldn't be possible for someone to raid you without either heavy loss or getting 1 star. At least it should be very difficult.

Kaytar
07-24-2013, 01:23 AM
Thren asked me to post her texts again:

Players now don't care about trophies and go for res (attacking your mines, barns, corrals, and hoards only). They farm your bases and make sure not to get a 1 star so they can get all the res. This is bitter sweet cuz they lose trophies, the defender wins their trophies but can not continue to upgrade their bases due to lack of res. Sometimes, this is done in formation. Players will seach in PvP for specific players to farm.

Players who casually play and can not get online all the time, will suffer the most reguardless of guardians or not. Mainly cuz they will be continuously farmed due to the amount of res they generate.

I think perhaps removing the names of players in the PvP section amd raising the amount of res we get from Story Mode could help. Also add a couple of options to hide our bases from other player's view when they search our names. One for players that aren't in our tribe/friends list & another for everyone.

(Edit addition) She said she also likes the 1hr guardian idea but it should be more like.. if you get attacked 1x its 20min guardian, 2x its 30min guardian, 3x you get 1hr guardian. Thats IF they didn't get any stars.

glengon
07-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Lol there's nothing wrong with being farmed..you could watch the replay and see how they farmed you and improve your defenses. People who raid you get only a % of your resources so its not that bad..

Samhayne
07-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Some people (who are trying to gain trophies at the cost of resources) will even set up their base with one resource intentionally "out in the cold" (or a new resource storage that isnt' leveled up, so it only holds very little) to entice an attacker to go for it, lose and give them trophies.

glengon
07-26-2013, 10:37 AM
:0 that's smart :/

csb
07-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Some people (who are trying to gain trophies at the cost of resources) will even set up their base with one resource intentionally "out in the cold" (or a new resource storage that isnt' leveled up, so it only holds very little) to entice an attacker to go for it, lose and give them trophies.

This is an advantage for the attacker. When the attacker loses all his trophies, he is free to farm the lower levels for resources. The defender gains trophies, and becomes a target for much higher level players. So, the defender will be wiped out by a high level after gaining a few hundred trophies.

glengon
07-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Lol there's nothing much to farm from lower level players.. and its not as easy as you think to get a few hundred trophies just by doing that ^. And if the player is able to do that trick ^, he probably has pretty good defenses anyway.
Edit: and the attacker doesn't "lose all of his trophies" in one battle...and its not like everyone does that. If you ask me, a better way to lose trophies is to farm rich players.

mustachiobear
07-29-2013, 09:21 PM
I had this wierd result this was listed in my battle log:

and this was the end of my video replay.

As you can see, the hall was still standing and it was less then 50% base damage but it registered as a loss. Was this a bug?

glengon
07-29-2013, 09:22 PM
I think 48% also counts as one star so its not a bug.

Rare
07-29-2013, 10:54 PM
48% is the cutoff

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

xxsaraixx
07-30-2013, 04:17 PM
thanks, was just checking since earlier in the thread it was specified as 50%.

Valsacar
07-30-2013, 04:53 PM
It's the nearest whole building to 50%, sometimes that can mean 46%.

csb
07-30-2013, 05:59 PM
For me, I win when someone attacks me, wipes my town, and gets very little gold and sheep. Trophies are irrelevant.

Recently, someone spent about 25K to attack my town, and only got 500 gold and 500 sheep. So, I basically lose nothing, and gain the Guardian. This is a big win for me, and net loss for the attacker.

Cahaun
07-30-2013, 09:03 PM
For me, I win when someone attacks me, wipes my town, and gets very little gold and sheep. Trophies are irrelevant.

Recently, someone spent about 25K to attack my town, and only got 500 gold and 500 sheep. So, I basically lose nothing, and gain the Guardian. This is a big win for me, and net loss for the attacker.
I wish I could say that. I got wiped and lost over 20k of each resource.

glengon
07-31-2013, 08:43 AM
I wish I could say that too :P I keep getting attacked by this particular guy from brotherhood. Once he got 100k+ sheep from me, and sometimes 70k+ of both resources.. Don't forget about eats. He got rraided by us and loses like 200k at one go lol

Cahaun
07-31-2013, 08:58 AM
I wish I could say that too :P I keep getting attacked by this particular guy from brotherhood. Once he got 100k+ sheep from me, and sometimes 70k+ of both resources.. Don't forget about eats. He got rraided by us and loses like 200k at one go lol
Wow. Is it because your Dragon Halls are at high levels?

glengon
07-31-2013, 09:40 AM
Wow. Is it because your Dragon Halls are at high levels?

lol Im at dragon hall 5 only

rkp71
08-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Glengon is correct.

If you are attacking, 1 star or more is a victory and a corresponding loss for the defender.

You can get stars for:

1 star for destroying your opponent's Dragon Hall

1 star for destroying 50% of your opponent's Fortress

1 star for destroying 100% of your opponent's Fortress

Well which is it? I also lost with only 48% and dragon hall still standing. Is this a bug? Is it 50% or 48% or 46%?
Is there some % that is not calculated in because of partially destroyed buildings? If so and it's obviously calculated in giving them a win when not actually shown the real %? This info should be stickied as well, once correct.

Samhayne
08-20-2013, 02:04 PM
It's the nearest whole building to 50%, sometimes that can mean 46%.

Valsacar is correct.

rkp71
08-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Well then can they just make it so that get's added in to the percentage count so it's straight forward and not confusing? Instead of the game saying 46% and you lose?

Rare
08-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Well then can they just make it so that get's added in to the percentage count so it's straight forward and not confusing? Instead of the game saying 46% and you lose?

Why does it matter? If you lose you lose, who cares what the number says? I would prefer it to be accurate in the damage that was actually done.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Valsacar
08-21-2013, 09:09 AM

It's not confusing, if you lose half of your whole buildings you lose. If you have 9 buildings, that would mean 4 buildings destroyed is half of your whole buildings (as 5 buildings would be over half). Nothing confusing about that.