Limsi
07-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Still a companion though

stackz
07-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Brings I see dead people to a whole new level aha

xcainnblecterx
07-18-2013, 01:58 PM
So wait...your complaining about the coolest pet/companion sts has made because its not a animal? Why not a valid complaint like how sts hasn't made a arcane pet that hadn't come out of locked crates yet. Then put it into a constructive feed back post. I'm still in awe by how great this guy looks and I'm sure any time some one pops up with the egg (OK now that is confusing how does a dead ghost or a soul come from a egg?) It won't have a problem selling

Rare
07-18-2013, 02:01 PM
a dead viking is not a pet...stable has all types of animals

You mean less of a pet than a rabid snow man?

DocDoBig
07-18-2013, 02:38 PM

Ohh man I wanted to say Snowman isn't a Pet as well! ;)

matanofx
07-18-2013, 04:15 PM
I dont know if ya'll noticed but snaggletooth is one mean looking "pet" or "dog"

Also... when was the last time you saw a slag or a glacian at the zoo?

Rare
07-18-2013, 04:23 PM
I dont know if ya'll noticed but snaggletooth is one mean looking "pet" or "dog"

What? Zoo Atlanta has a Slag. Right next to the Pandas.

keikali
07-18-2013, 04:25 PM

Not going to lie, but I originally thought snaggle and wrath were big rats, dead serious. Then found out they're just dogs with rabies.

Roberto077
07-18-2013, 04:35 PM
So wait...your complaining about the coolest pet/companion sts has made because its not a animal? Why not a valid complaint like how sts hasn't made a arcane pet that hadn't come out of locked crates yet. Then put it into a constructive feed back post. I'm still in awe by how great this guy looks and I'm sure any time some one pops up with the egg (OK now that is confusing how does a dead ghost or a soul come from a egg?) It won't have a problem selling

Or how about how you can't get good gear without locked crates

Zanpakuto
07-18-2013, 04:38 PM
I hope the mythic version will be just like it

KingFu
07-18-2013, 07:25 PM
So wait...your complaining about the coolest pet/companion sts has made

Matter of opinion. I find the thing pretty ugly, and a ghost Viking (from what I assume by the inaccurate use of horns on its helmet, which traditional Vikings did not have) doesn't really follow the pattern pets have set. I'm fine if StS decides to take a new path with pets to where they aren't all animalistic, but I don't think this one does it justice.

gundamsone
07-18-2013, 07:26 PM
OP pet is OP

*cries*

xcainnblecterx
07-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Or how about how you can't get good gear without locked crates

Because you can? I know you can merch for all gear but arcane is the official one you can't get threw chests except the weapons. All mythics come from both elite gold war chests and crates. Also best warrio, sorc, and I think rogue weps can be farmed threw nordr elites (except mythic weps as they don't drop at all now. I also don't consider the warrio mythic that great unless your a pve toon and really do elites as it helps your tanking capabilities (entombed hammer of warfare is a great weapon for DMG and only thing better is the maul)

IronMonkey
07-18-2013, 10:30 PM
can someone show us the viking ala pet in action?

I did a quick research and found this out:

Samael (Hebrew: סמאל‎) (also Sammael, Samil) is an important archangel in Talmudic and post-Talmudic lore, a figure who is accuser, seducer and destroyer, and has been regarded as both good and evil. It is said that he was the guardian angel of Esau and a patron of the Roman empire.

He is considered in legend a member of the heavenly host (with often grim and destructive duties), in the New Testament named Satan and the chief of the evil spirits. One of Samael's greatest roles in Jewish lore is that of the angel of death. He remains one of the Lord's servants even though he appears to want men to do evil. As a good angel, Samael resides in the seventh heaven, although he is declared to be the chief angel of the fifth heaven.

iike
07-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Give justice to Samael, a biblical symbol, one who shouldn't be used as a pet. That's disrespectful towards religion. Have respect to the dead please. Release their souls from agony. Free them. They're not slaves.

ShadowGunX
07-18-2013, 10:46 PM
hmm. it is not good idea to make souls of dead as pet.
nd i agree with iike

KingFu
07-19-2013, 12:29 AM
hmm. it is not good idea to make souls of dead as pet.
nd i agree with iike

You know they're pixels, right?

Not like STS harnessed the soul of your deceased great great grandfather and are selling it for plat.

Traonacik
07-19-2013, 02:28 AM
I wouldn't mind a scantily clad archer following me around and shooting flaming arrows at my enemies. Something like the Morgana ghost decked out like a bow rogue.

Rare
07-19-2013, 08:10 AM
Give justice to Samael, a biblical symbol, one who shouldn't be used as a pet. That's disrespectful towards religion. Have respect to the dead please. Release their souls from agony. Free them. They're not slaves.

o...m...g

DocDoBig
07-19-2013, 08:16 AM
o...m...g

Lovely how you say ''Oh my God''. ;)

chitgoks
07-19-2013, 08:16 AM
think of us players as masters and samael as slave. masters often see their slaves as pets ;) haha

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Rare
07-19-2013, 08:25 AM
Lovely how you say ''Oh my God''. ;)

gosh man. "gosh" :D

marshmallow
07-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Role playing anyone? Respect the dead. Legends like Samael should be in a shrine, not in a stable.

Rare
07-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Role playing anyone? Respect the dead. Legends like Samael should be in a shrine, not in a stable.

Then don't put him in your stable. Nuff said.

abihakim
07-19-2013, 11:26 AM
why so serious ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Energizeric
07-19-2013, 12:30 PM
OP pet is OP

*cries*

I'm sure you'll have a dozen of the eggs in no time. Hehe

Temarichan
07-19-2013, 11:18 PM

K last time I looked. This was a game. It's better not to bring in religious things into it. No offense, I respect your religious concerns.

But I love Samael! It's a new type of image for an arcane pet. This is just EXACTLY what I was hoping for! A whole new type of pet with different appearances. Like Slag is a fire elemental from Konga/Amy/Etc shape. Or Misty is a blue version of kettle... Etc. I'm seriously hoping that the mythic version will come out soon or something like Samael! :) I'm prepared to spend!!

Origin
07-20-2013, 08:29 PM

sweetie, we live in an imba world now that values science over faith. So, when u talk from that framework, especially if in absolutes, most people on this side will think u're nuts and write u off. Esp when this game isn't exactly what I'd call conservative in terms of violence and sexuality. I mean, we have a myth pet called "Slag". What I'm saying is, people might be more receptive to ur underlying msg if u show more consideration for their beliefs/choices too. Guess u could liken it to speaking a different dialect.

As for me... can we get a pet vanity? xD I vote for "paper bag", in honour of the new pet.

Kraze
07-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Snowball is awesome just lame he is only good for sitting in town. No AoE attack at 30? Come on

Valsacar
07-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Yes, because ice and fire elementals are animals too.

MGirl
07-21-2013, 07:37 AM

Jesus wept.

IronMonkey
07-21-2013, 08:30 AM
My mistake, I shouldn't have put a brief reference about Samael.

Xdarkmagiikx
07-21-2013, 08:55 AM
I bet you if u got sameul u would use him and not another companion

Roberto077
07-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Because you can? I know you can merch for all gear but arcane is the official one you can't get threw chests except the weapons. All mythics come from both elite gold war chests and crates. Also best warrio, sorc, and I think rogue weps can be farmed threw nordr elites (except mythic weps as they don't drop at all now. I also don't consider the warrio mythic that great unless your a pve toon and really do elites as it helps your tanking capabilities (entombed hammer of warfare is a great weapon for DMG and only thing better is the maul)

All mythics and Arcanes are dropped from locked crates. You can get decent gear without locked items, but never the best.

Zeus
07-22-2013, 12:46 PM
All mythics and Arcanes are dropped from locked crates. You can get decent gear without locked items, but never the best.

Mythic items drop from Elite Golden Warchests as well, so the best items are definitely achievable through playing the game although (arguably) the best weapons and pets are not unless you buy them off of somebody who paid for opening locked crates.

xcainnblecterx
07-22-2013, 02:40 PM
OK they made a ghost companion called Samuel. Now a bunch of you went as far to say its religious and etc.? You do realise this companion may have no connections what so ever to what all y'all are referring to in religion? Its a name, if it was named Bob would you go off and say "Bob the builder was a cartoon show and stg is depicting him as a dead ghost ruining kids memories"? No where has stg said anything about the history of any of these pets, y'all just connecting imaginary dots

RizeOfPk
07-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Complaining about the appearance of the new pet samael? Kinda harsh I'm sure sts worked very hard on it. And also you would be jumping up and down if you owned samael rather then crying about it.

*warriors rise*

DocDoBig
07-23-2013, 05:48 PM
OK they made a ghost companion called Samuel. Now a bunch of you went as far to say its religious and etc.? You do realise this companion may have no connections what so ever to what all y'all are referring to in religion? Its a name, if it was named Bob would you go off and say "Bob the builder was a cartoon show and stg is depicting him as a dead ghost ruining kids memories"? No where has stg said anything about the history of any of these pets, y'all just connecting imaginary dots

I would so make a thread about Bob and complain about it then! ;)

moot
07-23-2013, 08:40 PM
I get what is meant by OP. This pet appearance is not really good for a pet. Yes you won't see glacian and frost in the zoo next to the penguin but that kinda look like an animal mythical creature. So whats next? As trueorigin said this opens them a door to make pets like paper bag? Toothpaste? Wifi router? Even smiley face?

marshmallow
07-23-2013, 08:50 PM
OK they made a ghost companion called Samuel. Now a bunch of you went as far to say its religious and etc.? You do realise this companion may have no connections what so ever to what all y'all are referring to in religion?

K last time I looked. This was a game. It's better not to bring in religious things into it. No offense, I respect your religious concerns.

Then don't put him in your stable. Nuff said.

Geez, seems most of you didn't get it, did you? Iike and other guys were just role-playing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game) about Samael! O-M-G how ironic you're RPgamers and can't even role-play for once.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Lindsay-Lohan-Facepalm-Gif.gif

joshtheboss
07-23-2013, 09:23 PM
I get what is meant by OP. This pet appearance is not really good for a pet. Yes you won't see glacian and frost in the zoo next to the penguin but that kinda look like an animal mythical creature. So whats next? As trueorigin said this opens them a door to make pets like paper bag? Toothpaste? Wifi router? Even smiley face?

I wouldn't mind a smiley face pet at all big no to the other ones though.

Rare
07-24-2013, 09:03 AM
Maybe it was the delivery?

abihakim
07-24-2013, 09:54 AM
maybe snake like pets will be good nexy

like king kobra

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

xcainnblecterx
07-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Geez, seems most of you didn't get it, did you? Iike and other guys were just role-playing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game) about Samael! O-M-G how ironic you're RPgamers and can't even role-play for once.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Lindsay-Lohan-Facepalm-Gif.gif

No sorry I don't go that deep into role playing, got plenty of real life stuff to worry bout then a debate over a pixel

marshmallow
07-24-2013, 03:38 PM
There's no need to debate..if you can't handle role playing, just ignore what they said.

Ooh you got real life? *points at your sig* what a very busy person you are. I am ashamed. Lol.

J/k

xcainnblecterx
07-24-2013, 04:07 PM
There's no need to debate..if you can't handle role playing, just ignore what they said.

Ooh you got real life? *points at your sig* what a very busy person you are. I am ashamed. Lol.

J/k

There was actually no roleplaying going on, people were actually offended by the fact a pixelated charcter had a name of a religous figure and that stg "has no respect for the dead." Maybe you been roleplaying so long you cant tell when someone is actually being serious about there comments. As for my sig, what does that have to do with anything? Simply making three picture combine and shrinking it to size is quite simple.

Zeus
07-24-2013, 04:17 PM
There was actually no roleplaying going on, people were actually offended by the fact a pixelated charcter had a name of a religous figure and that stg "has no respect for the dead." Maybe you been roleplaying so long you cant tell when someone is actually being serious about there comments. As for my sig, what does that have to do with anything? Simply making three picture combine and shrinking it to size is quite simple.

I thin he means your characters, although characters literally take days to make...

xcainnblecterx
07-24-2013, 04:20 PM
I thin he means your characters, although characters literally take days to make...

Hmmm then he has a very good point on how my real life is (sarcasm). Eh IMA just drop no need turn this to a flame thread over some kiddie stuff

joshtheboss
07-24-2013, 05:20 PM
I take my gaming very seriously and rage all the time nothing wrong with that.

iike
07-24-2013, 08:48 PM

I. Am. Role. Playing. Respect for the dead, seriously? You bought what I said? I was kidding bro. See the text in red so you'll see what's going on.
Why so serious?

I knew it, Samael is a curse! It brings chaos to STG forums! Free him now. (And yes, I am roleplaying. Oh dear lord, why am I pointing this out anyway.)

Ebezaanec
07-24-2013, 08:53 PM
I. Am. Role. Playing. Respect for the dead, seriously? You bought what I said? I was kidding bro. See the text in red so you'll see what's going on.
Why so serious?

I knew it, Samael is a curse! It brings chaos to STG forums! Free him now. (And yes, I am roleplaying. Oh dear lord, why am I pointing this out anyway.)

Words don't always transfer the tone you are using. So some skeptism is always possible... Use some smilies ;)

joshtheboss
07-24-2013, 09:13 PM
If you don't want your samael egg I'll gladly trade the cursed egg of your hands, just because I'm kind. :-)

xcainnblecterx
07-24-2013, 11:54 PM
Words don't always transfer the tone you are using. So some skeptism is always possible... Use some smilies ;)

Yes or quotations. Also wasn't jut referring to you like but yea hard to tell when people are serious or not in words

Temarichan
07-25-2013, 12:08 AM
Cmon guys..... It's just a game -_-

Perhaps your taking it too seriously.

iike
07-25-2013, 12:11 AM
Yes or quotations. Also wasn't jut referring to you like but yea hard to tell when people are serious or not in words

"oh my.. I don't want you to live, erhmm.. want to live on this planet anymore."

Rare
07-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Why so serious?

There's this thing about the internets... all people see are a collection of words.

I can offer some suggestions on how to make thing more sarcastic so people understand your true intent.

marshmallow
07-25-2013, 09:34 AM
Samael is Samahayne.

shinjile
08-01-2013, 02:43 PM
are you kidding me thats the coolest pet so far