PDA

View Full Version : Bows/Dmg or Blades/Dps?

Logicality
07-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Is dps better than dmg? Just curious which one is better for bossing/pvp.

Glitch
07-18-2013, 05:57 PM
All your answers will be located right here: ( many thanks go out to JaytB for creating this wonderful thread. )

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?88373-DPS-vs-Damage-a-detailed-comparison

Glitch
07-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Damage > Dps. JaytB made a wonderful and detailed comparison of them but unfortunantely, I am not allowed to post links as of now. :( It's a sticky in the AL Sorcerer's class section.

vholt
07-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Damage > Dps. JaytB made a wonderful and detailed comparison of them but unfortunantely, I am not allowed to post links as of now. :( It's a sticky in the AL Sorcerer's class section.

This: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?88373-DPS-vs-Damage-a-detailed-comparison

That's right. I got yo back dawg :cool:

Azepeiete
07-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Depends on your situation and build. But for a sorcerer, it's damage if you have mythic gun, if you don't, a nordr jewel and firesquid can be closely compared.

Rare
07-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Is dps better than dmg? Just curious which one is better for bossing/pvp.

I'm assuming you're rogue since you mentioned bow/blade in the title.

For bosses, Bows are definitely desired over blades. Not only can you kite, but it will significantly increase your skill damage.

For mobs, I generally go with blades. Specifically blades that give splash AOE dmg. You can deliver a lot of damage to a well packed group with blades.

MGirl
07-19-2013, 01:48 PM
I personally have both Lifethief and Bonechill Bow at my disposal, like mentioned above, as a Rogue I find that blades are much more efficient for PvE. Therefore I use blades while doing the basic mob running and cleaning and switch to Bow while at boss. My skill set is mainly targeted towards PvE blades though, I find Aimed Shot and Combat Medic to be the nearly only skills I use at most bosses.