PDA

View Full Version : Solution to CTF problems.....

Energizeric
07-19-2013, 12:46 AM
There is a major issue that is causing CTF games to be very boring. Players are joining the games only for achievements, and then instead of competing against the other team, both teams are just taking turns running flags while nobody even tries to win the game or kill players on the other team. This cheapens the flag leaderboard banners and cheapens the achievements too. It also makes CTF a most boring way to spend time in AL.

The solution to fix this problem is to add a new stat called "Team Flags Scored" (TFS) and "Team Flags Allowed" (TFA). Each time your team scores a flag, you get a point added to your "Team Flags Scored" stat, and each time the other team scores a flag, you get a point added to your "Team Flags Allowed" stat. You can then have achievements for total "Team Flags Scored" in the same intervals as the current flag achievements. And you can have a leaderboard that ranks those with the best ratio of TFS/TFA.

Keep in mind this stat should NOT replace the current flags stat, but just add an extra stat column.

This will have the following effect on CTF games:

1) Players will be motivated to play together as a team.

2) Players will benefit if their teammate scores a flag, thus they will try to help their teammates score by healing them, going after players chasing them, or in some cases even sacrificing themselves so that the flag carrier can get away.

3) Players will NOT allow their guildmates on the other team to run flags as it would negatively affect their stats. This should put an end to flag farming.

The end result is we will have actual Team vs. Team games, the way it is supposed to be. The goal will be to win the game, not simply to get kills or flags for your own character.

Those with the best TFS/TFA ratio will not necessarily be the best flag carriers, but will be the best team players. Players like support mages who use skills like heal and curse, or warrior tanks will do very well in this category. Even though they may not get the most kills or carry the most flags, they will help their team and should be rewarded for that. This new statistic will reward that.

Theholyangel
07-19-2013, 12:50 AM
Lol ener, i would kill everyone if it were that way xD

Obi
07-19-2013, 07:08 AM
I like the idea.. got similar one in the past I think.. there is no reward for winning the game now.. I would prefer some gold at least.. for those that were in the winning team ;)

Energizeric
07-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Nobody else has any thoughts on this?

Taejo
07-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Nobody else has any thoughts on this?

Have plenty of thoughts and ideas on how to fix and improve the game's PvP - especially CTF. I guess the real question is: Does STS even want to change CTF? We've started how many threads for how many months on this topic? Nothing has been said or done...

EDIT: It's a good idea, Energizeric. However, I'd still like to see a token/reward system added to PvP. Not all players care about their popularity or status via the Leaderboards/Banners - but I'm sure 90% or more would enjoy an incentive to playing PvP, playing CTF the way it's meant to be played, and winning as a team. I hope they read your ideas...