PDA

View Full Version : Direct Mobile Payments. (For Plats)

MGirl
07-19-2013, 12:53 AM
First of all, I know that this topic has come up many times, in DL, PL and AL forums and most of the time not much attention was given to those threads.

I'm not expecting mine to go all that noticed, but just to show the community that there is another person willing to type this out in account of getting a payment method directly from the phone in order to buy Platinum.

As I see, most of the players here in AL are basically teenagers and do not have access to credit cards. Hence which prevents them from enjoying those extra nice benefits that Platinum could offer them. But most of the teens nowadays have mobile phones. As MMORPGs, mostly target the teenage/young adult community, I think it's appropriate to have a system of payment where they do not have to hinder their parents about using their credit cards to buy Platinum. This will bring upon a negative impression about their kid on some parents, "what the heck is my child doing wasting money on a stupid online game?". Also, some children are just not comfortable with using their parents money in order to get the stuff we want. In which cases, we save up, we buy what we want. But how to do that if we don't have a method of buying it even though we have the resources?

Now some of you people might be thinking, "Why can't this kid go to a convenience store and get a Google Gift Card or itunes Card and redeem it?" - News flash people! Not everyone lives in countries where convenience stores at normal travelling distances sells Google Gift Cards. Many Asian countries do not retail them at all. Hence effectively giving us no way of paying for Plats, even though we have the money and want them.

I understand that certain problems may arise from this. Children using their parents phones to get Platinum by just ... I don't know? Texting "Plat 30" to some number? This, can actually have some problems as it gives ability to purchase Platinum without the knowledge of the parents using the parents' money.

However, I'm sure that there are many available solutions to this that STS can come up with. Also, I understand that a child stealing a parent's credit card number to use on an online transaction and sending a text from one of their phones to do an online transaction are understood on two different levels of wrong doings, (and it should be understood as that, stealing credit card numbers is definitely not the way to make your parents proud of you. Especially when it's their credit card) But all things considered, as I said before, there has to be some way to make this system actually work as many MMORPGs already do.

Thank you for reading. (If you read it all)
Please leave your opinion.

~MGirl.

ShadowGunX
07-19-2013, 01:14 AM
lol i wondered what google card is. i live in india nd idk where to get or buy.
nd also i admit it that i stole my parents credit card nd bought some plat. bt when transaction bill came then i got nice scolding nd my phone was confiscated due to which i missed season 3 completely. nd i again started playing 17days ago lol.

d only thing i hate in this game is only credit card ppl can buy plats nd become rich

MGirl
07-19-2013, 01:28 AM
http://play.google.com/intl/en-US_us/about/giftcards/#lightbox

Check the retail partners that sell those cards. If they are not available in India or near where you live, tough luck.

Limsi
07-19-2013, 02:35 AM
Consider this!

MfKaz
07-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Well I've been playing different games online and you are allowed to use your Mobile Phone Number to gain Plats and it's only £5 for 50 Plats! That's a huge amount for such a low price. I Really want STS to do this so I myself and others can have access to In-Billing Purchasing.

fumolamota
07-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Consider the trialpay d/l free apps for Plats. Many of the offers require d/l & open only. No real money is exchanged. Granted, the big payouts require a credit card, but you can still amass a decent stock of plats just from d/l & running apps.

MGirl
07-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Consider the trialpay d/l free apps for Plats. Many of the offers require d/l & open only. No real money is exchanged. Granted, the big payouts require a credit card, but you can still amass a decent stock of plats just from d/l & running apps.

Downloading all sorts of unspoken for apps just to get 1 platinum isn't really my idea of idea of efficiency.

MfKaz
07-19-2013, 03:45 PM

The offers that you are talking about are Running & Installing Games right? These offers only offer you limited amount like +2 Plats for Free Installation. Like come on now there being a bit stingy now. But like I said, Mobile Phone Numbers & Credit Balance On phones should be available for AL when buying Plats & Gold.

MGirl
07-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Of course not to mention that most of the time you will not have any idea of what you are downloading.
Could turn out pretty badly if some spyware/trojan whatnot, is downloaded.
Pretty hefty risk for a measly 1 or 2 Plat.

MfKaz
07-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Of course not to mention that most of the time you will not have any idea of what you are downloading.
Could turn out pretty badly if some spyware/trojan whatnot, is downloaded.
Pretty hefty risk for a measly 1 or 2 Plat.

100% Accurate Answer!

ShadowGunX
07-21-2013, 10:01 PM
http://play.google.com/intl/en-US_us/about/giftcards/#lightbox

Check the retail partners that sell those cards. If they are not available in India or near where you live, tough luck.

its not tough lucj. it is no luck.
india sucks. y no it has google play card retailers :'(

MGirl
07-21-2013, 10:47 PM
its not tough lucj. it is no luck.
india sucks. y no it has google play card retailers :'(

I share your pain. Simply no retailers here either.

MfKaz
07-22-2013, 04:40 AM
I'm currently in the UK and retailers in the UK supply Google Play Cards. I just haven't had the time to buy one for myself. They are £10 each not a bad price after all xD