PDA

View Full Version : pay to win game? ??

Darko
07-19-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm loving this game with the team aspect of the guild, strategy, etc.. my only concern is it seems of you have money and spend in game your very dominant. Where a regular player has to wait six days for a lvl 7 hall, a paying player can make it effective asap... I understand that can't change with the format of game but maybe do contests or rewards for players....some currently jave to build their money for weeks o buy one dragon , but issue is it costs money for guardian. So you build up only to have a money player take ot all away....how about giving incentives for logging in everyday....and maybe thr 30th day in a row you get a chance at free item , something to intice being active, and reward loyal players that maybe dont have funds to spend.

Cascade
07-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Every other STS game has a daily prize if you log in so I hope they add it to this one. P2W is pretty common with these types of games, it's hard not to make them P2W.

Darko
07-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Every other STS game has a daily prize if you log in so I hope they add it to this one. P2W is pretty common with these types of games, it's hard not to make them P2W.

Daily prize wouldbe cool, with some rare items throen I'm, (10k Gold, 30min boost, etc)

Cascade
07-19-2013, 11:42 AM
Yeah, with a grand prize if you log in every day for a whole week.

Rare
07-19-2013, 11:48 AM
I am having a lot of fun playing this game. Beating people up... taking a beating at times. I haven't bought any pearls.

So, lets just not start this already. Yes, if you want to be "the best" easily, then yes, invest your money. Otherwise, just enjoy the game.

Skeletonlord
07-19-2013, 12:26 PM

Yes. The daily blessing system, daily rewards would be a nice addition to the game. It will as said make people more active. The day 5 reward could be 10 pearls or some sort of premium item.

Cremated
07-19-2013, 01:24 PM
I think the best example of pay to win is: Yuletide Greetin.

Look he has level 10 fire acid light dragons etc

Darkfader
07-19-2013, 03:34 PM
I agree it is semi pay to win game, BUT it is huge amount of money you got to put into it for winning.I'm not talking about hundreds, but thousands of dollars.

Cremated
07-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Nope 60 will give me around 16k pearls. And thats alot

xxsaraixx
07-19-2013, 05:43 PM
everything looks so nice when its maxed

Darko
07-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Nope 60 will give me around 16k pearls. And thats alot

I wish I could purchases but I can't, not available for kindle

DocDoBig
07-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Cascade is right with that each _L game has a daily prize, be it blessings or just free daily elixirs.

Szangheili
07-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Cascade is right with that each _L game has a daily prize, be it blessings or just free daily elixirs.
Not SL.

Valsacar
07-19-2013, 11:09 PM
I think the best example of pay to win is: Yuletide Greetin.

Look he has level 10 fire acid light dragons etc

Yes, he's a great example, and look at what is going on there. No full understanding on the mechanics, so we have farmed him to death. Gave me a great boost stealing all his gold and sheep.

Look at Thor as well, and he's getting raided all the time.

Yup, you can max things quickly, and then what? If you didn't work your way up you won't fully understand how things work together. Your base design will be terrible, and you'll only be on top until those that worked up reach the end game levels. Until then, you're a farming target for those working on lower levels.

Evl1312
07-20-2013, 11:19 AM
I bought let's say $120 worth of pearls in total throughout the game and I am ok. I like to focus on defense more and I do know how to play games like this so i figured i would invest. Now that I have a good start I can do things legit, with a purchase every now and then. i do agree that paying to play isn't good and people who do that may not be very skilled, but that's the generation we live in.

Oh and Yuletide is a developer(i believe). So yea he's gonna have money to spend

Lojack
07-24-2013, 03:44 PM
"No full understanding on the mechanics"
:dejection::dejection:

Cascade
07-24-2013, 04:15 PM
i do agree that paying to play isn't good and people who do that may not be very skilled, but that's the generation we live in.

Ysoserious?

Wolffen
07-24-2013, 10:29 PM
I think a free guardian for two or three days would be a great random prize. :)

Samhayne
07-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Yultide Greeting is a Dev. Thanks for the reminder, we should remove that account.

Darko
07-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Perfect example of pay to win is pest from iu....how he already has devestors is beyond me. But he devestates everybody.. hence the name lol....I don't think u should be ablr to finish things asap while the normal player had to wait seven days the rich guy makes it ready right away. ..next lvl raises everybody should havr to wait the same time

Darko
07-26-2013, 01:07 PM
To me that's like being in al and paying to be capped without doing a thing.u still have to level....that's lame and making this game a little lame...I think on next cap , when new items are introdced,make all players have to wait same time, (just like capping) if u want to increase time u can purchase pearl elixers, like in other games to increase it... we already have free elixers cause of boosts...would level playing field at least a little...I think vanity troops for holidays etc would be cool

Cascade
07-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Perfect example of pay to win is pest from iu....how he already has devestors is beyond me. But he devestates everybody.. hence the name lol....I don't think u should be ablr to finish things asap while the normal player had to wait seven days the rich guy makes it ready right away. ..next lvl raises everybody should havr to wait the same time

Pest just started playing a few days ago, umadbro? Haha, he's cool though don't hate in him, he's willing to learn good defense and offense and is always asking questions about how to get better.

Darko
07-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Pest just started playing a few days ago, umadbro? Haha, he's cool though don't hate in him, he's willing to learn good defense and offense and is always asking questions about how to get better.

I'm not mad, he's good, but my point exactly, he started few days ago and already is a mini yuletide but again its like in al if I'm lvl 31 and I'm allowed to pvp with lvl 15s . Of course I'm gonna win. Its like starting pl and being lvl 66 day 1... u Should have to put in some type of work imo. ..and I hope they give everybody a wait time

Cascade
07-26-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm not mad, he's good, but my point exactly, he started few days ago and already is a mini yuletide but again its like in al if I'm lvl 31 and I'm allowed to pvp with lvl 15s . Of course I'm gonna win. Its like starting pl and being lvl 66 day 1... u Should have to put in some type of work imo. ..and I hope they give everybody a wait time

Well if he chooses to spend his hard earned money on Pearls then that's up to him. The benefit you get by buying pearls is less time spent waiting. Why else would we buy pearls?

Darko
07-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Well if he chooses to spend his hard earned money on Pearls then that's up to him. The benefit you get by buying pearls is less time spent waiting. Why else would we buy pearls?

Pearls can buy you gold and sheep for higher dragons....and agree pearls should reduce time (aka elixers) I'm just stating there should be no immediate build... in no other stg game csn I pay and automatically level up...I can only speed up the process with elixers. . This should be no different.... and again just my opinion...btw I've paid for instant upgrsdes as well...my base is a lot better than some and I feel thats not fair to all

Cascade
07-26-2013, 01:40 PM
Pearls can buy you gold and sheep for higher dragons....and agree pearls should reduce time (aka elixers) I'm just stating there should be no immediate build... in no other stg game csn I pay and automatically level up...I can only speed up the process with elixers. . This should be no different.... and again just my opinion...btw I've paid for instant upgrsdes as well...my base is a lot better than some and I feel thats not fair to all

This game is a totally different field from the previous STG games though. All games like BD have insta finishes if you pay.

Germbot
07-26-2013, 09:57 PM
I think the whole point is here there trying to make a different game
All those other games got old theres nothing wrong with p2w if u really wanna waste that much but they dont wanna make it the same as the others

glengon
07-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Lol 'good defense and offence'.
*Uses all Devastators on our tribe*
*Doesn't mind losing 35kX6sheep when he attacked me and got 3k sheep*
*And dat name lol its like hes trolling us..dat 'pest' *

Dizzy
07-27-2013, 01:43 PM
I'm not hating on Pest, but when you have even just a handful of people who are willing to put $100s into leveling within days, it screws up the balance of the game. There is no limit to who they can farm and how much they can earn. Players who don't spend to get to endgame limits get tired of being farmed and quit, because it seems hopeless to even try building up gold and sheep for defenses if your resources are always farmed away (defenses that players like Pest can just walk through anyway). To be competitive in the game, one has to start spending money, and not everyone is willing to do that (or to the levels that it takes to defend against players like Pest). It's not a matter of hating on people who spend, but a matter of keeping the game fun for ALL of us.

I'm cool with people spending money (I have myself), but I agree there should either be limits on what you can spend money on, or limits on who you can attack (someone with a Level 9 Hall can only attack, say, people with Level 8 and up halls).

If a few people have all the big toys, the gameplay just isn't as fun for those who don't.

All that said, in a few weeks, even those who don't spend cash will catch up to players like Pest, so perhaps the point is moot.

Cahaun
07-27-2013, 06:09 PM
What's going on in here?

Shan Fu Wei
07-28-2013, 04:49 AM
My first impressions of the game tell me that to some degree the game will be "pay to win". The guys who want to top the charts probably have to spend money to get to the top and stay there. However, that does not mean you have to pay to enjoy the game. I like a challenge. I will probably spend some money to get builders and to support the developers but I think that's it. But time will tell, if I continue to enjoy the game I actually want to continue to support it financially, without money it doesn't survive. That's one side of the matter to consider.

There are ways to earn limited amounts of pearls without paying anything. The new addition of sometimes giving you pearls for boosting tribesmates is a good one, and you get them for achievements too. Even a non paying player is valuable to the game as they populate the server. You get protection if you are wiped out so you can't be "farmed" in any serious way unless you expose yourself to it by constantly raiding other players. Sure, there will always be bigger fish that eat the little fish, and you grow slower if you don't pay, but you grow. As long as there are players that are a decent match there is a way to enjoy the game, paying or not.

Just my two cents on the matter, maybe my opinion will change but it looks like a pretty fair playing field so far.

Rare
07-28-2013, 05:57 AM

Are you saying you didn't buy or spend any pearls?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Rare
07-28-2013, 05:59 AM

Actually that is incorrect. You can pay and level up in dark legends

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Dizzy
07-28-2013, 08:08 AM
I've got to say, even from yesterday, my opinion is changing. Because you get a guardian after you're wiped, you have time to rebuild. Those who rush to get to the endgame levels will just get there first. And it's not like you have to rebuild your village; you just have to rebuild your stores. I've done some RTS games where a lot more is destroyed in a wipe, and people could keep pounding you battle after battle, and it's usually the people who p2w who like to bully everyone else. That's no fun at all. But there does seem to be safeguards built into BD that should keep this from happening. So I think I'm cool with it.