PDA

View Full Version : Forum Suggestion: Personal Avatars & Signatures With [IMG] Tags

MfKaz
07-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Well I'm tired of using small images that are 500x100. I'd like to use images with [IMG] link from other websites for my signatures and also have GIF supported files. ALso I'd like to add my own avatar instead of the game ones which are just only 150x150 or 100x100.

Please STS do something!

MGirl
07-19-2013, 04:54 PM
I agree, I have quite a bit of difficulty identifying certain people on the forums when all generic avatars are used by a multitude of users.
Kinda takes the identity away, y'know?

+1

Cascade
07-19-2013, 05:04 PM
I agree, I have quite a bit of difficulty identifying certain people on the forums when all generic avatars are used by a multitude of users.
Kinda takes the identity away, y'know?

+1

Well you could always read their username, but that's just crazy talk.

DocDoBig
07-19-2013, 06:35 PM
It has a good reason why it's not implemented.
I believe to prevent server lags or so - you know if 100 people have a Gif in their sig. ;)

MGirl
07-20-2013, 12:33 AM
Well you could always read their username, but that's just crazy talk.

Of course I do read their username but with tons of words and phrases in my tiny mind I just can't place that particular word into position quickly enough to identify the poster.

I understand about the server lag issues, that is clearly the most valid rational explanation.

Although, I'm pretty sure many other bigger forums than this with a much higher player/member base support custom avatars. Obviously we're not asking for high quality custom avatars. (I'm only siding with the custom avatars, signature banners can cause some significant loading/lag issues) just a normal custom one so we can identify the user at a glance. :)

MfKaz
07-20-2013, 04:31 PM
It has a good reason why it's not implemented.
I believe to prevent server lags or so - you know if 100 people have a Gif in their sig. ;)

I'm sure not every single user will be using GIF supported images.